PDA

View Full Version : Cedrick Wilson Arrested/Released By The Steelers

HometownGal
03-19-2008, 11:03 PM
:dang::dang: Just heard on Channel 4 News here in Pittsburgh that Cedric Wilson was arrested at his home tonight. No link yet - awaiting details as they are provided. This is just unbelievable. :horror:

EDIT: Story provided below (and is also posted on Page 3 of this thread)

Steelers' Wilson arrested for hitting former girlfriend
By Michael Hasch

TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, March 19, 2008

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_558180.html

Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson was arrested tonight after being accused of hitting his former girlfriend at a Wexford restaurant.

Wilson struck Lindsey Paulat, 26, of Fawn, in a domestic dispute at Patron's Mexican Grill on Perry Highway in Pine, said Paulat's attorney, Michael DeRiso.

Allegheny County emergency officials confirmed that Northern Regional Police were called to the restaurant about 8 p.m. for a domestic incident. The victim did not need to be taken to the hospital, they said.

Wilson, 29, was taken to Night Court and was awaiting arraignment on charges of simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct, a court official said. The charges against him were not available.

An argument between the couple on Jan. 19 sparked a 12-hour standoff between police and Paulat at Wilson's home in Pine.

Paulat, who is the mother of the couple's 1-year-old daughter, Amya, is awaiting a hearing on charges that she fired a gun inside the home after Wilson left. Neither Amya nor Wilson's 12-year-old son from a previous relationship were home at the time.

Wilson then filed for a protection-from-abuse order against Paulat, but agreed to withdraw it after the two consented to a no-contact order and shared custody of Amya.

It was not clear last night why the two were inside the restaurant at the same time.

Steelers spokesman David Lockett said the team was still trying to get information about the incident.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:11 PM
lol...........................................funn y stuff......personally I don't care...I'm interested in Steelers wins not if the players are choir boys....lol I never been arrested also...So i guess I should toot my horn like a bunch of people do on this site for never being arrested...lol

fansince'76
03-19-2008, 11:12 PM
lol...........................................funn y stuff......personally I don't care...I'm interested in Steelers wins not if the players are choir boys....lol I never been arrested also...So i guess I should toot my horn like a bunch of people do on this site for never being arrested...lol

Good for you, here's a cookie. :cookie:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Good for you, here's a cookie. :cookie:

Well you're one of the people that toot your horn all the time...:sofunny:

fansince'76
03-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Well you're one of the people that toot your horn all the time...:sofunny:

Have I said jack shit about this yet? No. Know why? I'm waiting for the full story. And I'm also sure you're probably one of the ones that are among the first to jump in a "(name of Bengals player) arrested" thread to bash away like a hypocrite. :thumbsup:

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
wow... well its offseason guys what can else can we expect

HometownGal
03-19-2008, 11:19 PM
The charges against Cedrick Wilson are simple assault, disorderly conduct and harrassment against his former g/f, Lindsay Paulette. She claims he came into a restaurant near her home around 8:00 PM tonight, shoved her and punched her in the side of the face. According to the reporter covering the story, there are witnesses to this scenario.

Channel 4 (WTAE) will post the full story tomorrow morning.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Have I said jack shit about this yet? No. Know why? I'm waiting for the full story. And I'm also sure you're probably one of the ones that are among the first to jump in a "(name of Bengals player) arrested" thread to bash away like a hypocrite. :thumbsup:

Actually no I don't make countless jokes about the Bengals like most on this site...So watch who you're calling like a hypocrite......I have made jokes about Chris Henry and Pac Man Jones since they're repeat offenders and are just clue less to get their acts together......

Plus I said I don't care if a Steelers player is arrested are not....I don't care if a Bengals player is arrested...I don't care if a Chicago Rush player is arrested...Get the idea these players don't effect me or my life....

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 11:22 PM
The charges against Cedrick Wilson are simple assault, disorderly conduct and harrassment against his former g/f, Lindsay Paulette. She claims he came into a restaurant near her home around 8:00 PM tonight, shoved her and punched her in the side of the face. According to the reporter covering the story, there are witnesses to this scenario.

Never mind this again is just wrong whats up with this our player our steelers who are supposed to be role models and be able to be looked up to but all of these guys just beating up on women come on, why!? Get your anger out on the field!

fansince'76
03-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Actually no I don't make countless jokes about the Bengals like most on this site...So watch who you're calling like a hypocrite......I have made jokes about Chris Henry and Pac Man Jones since they're repeat offenders and are just clue less to get their acts together......

Plus I said I don't care if a Steelers player is arrested are not....I don't care if a Bengals player is arrested...I don't care if a Chicago Rush player is arrested...Get the idea these players don't effect me or my life....

Ah, OK - so they have to be repeat offenders? Whatever. And likewise, you might want to cool it with the insinuations about folks and "tooting their own horn." :coffee:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Never mind this again is just wrong whats up with this our player our steelers who are supposed to be role models and be able to be looked up to but all of these guys just beating up on women come on, why!? Get your anger out on the field!

Pro athletes are not role models and its foolish to think they are....Now Soldiers, Doctors, Teachers, Firefighters and Cops that are not crooked are role models....

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Ah, OK - so they have to be repeat offenders? Whatever. And likewise, you might want to cool it with the insinuations about folks and "tooting their own horn." :coffee:

Why thats breaking forum rules by stating people toot their own horn?....:sofunny: Thats
just comical.....lol

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Pro athletes are not role models and its foolish to think they are....Now Soldiers, Doctors, Teachers, Firefighters and Cops that are not crooked are role models....
uh well in my generation its the sports players who are our role models sorry man but thats how it is, I look up to Hines, Jerome and many other sports athletes as role moldes and so do my friends. Thats reality and the ones i look up to are great and are worth looking up to. Hines is such a great guy!

fansince'76
03-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Why thats breaking forum rules by stating people toot their own horn?....:sofunny: Thats
just comical.....lol

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:29 PM
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

:yawn::yawn::yawn:So you think you're special are something?

klick81
03-19-2008, 11:31 PM
DAMMIT. WTF is going on with these guys in the offseason?! Can't keep their hands from striking WOMEN? Double ewe tee eff??????????

fansince'76
03-19-2008, 11:33 PM

No, but you obviously do. After all, you already called people out for being self-righteous.lol lol lol

RJC
03-19-2008, 11:33 PM
I want him cut ASAP! I want Davenport cut ASAP! We are not the damn Bengals. We need to make a statement, cut their sorry @$$'s and be done with them.....

HometownGal
03-19-2008, 11:35 PM

Dan - c'mon, please stop. You're better than this!!!

I posted this because it was breaking news here in Pittsburgh and I felt that most Steelers fans would want to know. Nothing more.

P.S. I'm proud to say I've never been arrested either, so . . .

TOOT!

:flap:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:38 PM
No, but you obviously do. After all, you already tried and convicted Wilson with your first post, Your Honor.

Tried and convicted? I did that how? All I said I don't care.....really if was arrested or not I don't care...It doesn't effect me at all what Cedric Wilson does in his life....Thats why I didn't care when James Harrison was arrested.....People get arrested every day....Many in my town....I don't care about that either...lol Doesn't effect me....

fansince'76
03-19-2008, 11:40 PM
So i guess I should toot my horn like a bunch of people do on this site for never being arrested...lol

Yeah, you didn't come here looking to start anything.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Dan - c'mon, please stop. You're better than this!!!

I posted this because it was breaking news here in Pittsburgh and I felt that most Steelers fans would want to know. Nothing more.

P.S. I'm proud to say I've never been arrested either, so . . .

TOOT!

:flap:

Thats fine and I'm glad it was posted since it will be a general interest to Steelers fans...But I just gave my opinion on the matter....which I'm entitled to.....

Dylan
03-19-2008, 11:41 PM
cut him and free up some cap room

HometownGal
03-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Here's the story thus far. If these charges hold up, I hold the same disdain for him as I do for any other man who hits a woman (unless their lives are in danger):

Steelers' Wilson arrested for hitting former girlfriend
By Michael Hasch

TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, March 19, 2008

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/news/breaking/s_558180.html

Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson was arrested tonight after being accused of hitting his former girlfriend at a Wexford restaurant.

Wilson struck Lindsey Paulat, 26, of Fawn, in a domestic dispute at Patron's Mexican Grill on Perry Highway in Pine, said Paulat's attorney, Michael DeRiso.

Allegheny County emergency officials confirmed that Northern Regional Police were called to the restaurant about 8 p.m. for a domestic incident. The victim did not need to be taken to the hospital, they said.

Wilson, 29, was taken to Night Court and was awaiting arraignment on charges of simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct, a court official said. The charges against him were not available.

An argument between the couple on Jan. 19 sparked a 12-hour standoff between police and Paulat at Wilson's home in Pine.

Paulat, who is the mother of the couple's 1-year-old daughter, Amya, is awaiting a hearing on charges that she fired a gun inside the home after Wilson left. Neither Amya nor Wilson's 12-year-old son from a previous relationship were home at the time.

Wilson then filed for a protection-from-abuse order against Paulat, but agreed to withdraw it after the two consented to a no-contact order and shared custody of Amya.

It was not clear last night why the two were inside the restaurant at the same time.

Steelers spokesman David Lockett said the team was still trying to get information about the incident.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah, you didn't come here looking to start anything.

I just made a comment....I remember a bunch of people mentioning they have never been arrested when James Harrison was arrested....So I was just waiting for that type of response again....:thumbsup:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:43 PM
cut him and free up some cap room

Now that I agree with...Wilson stinks anyway...Harrison actually contributes to the team...Cutting him would effect the Steelers win totals...Thats all I care about....is wins....

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Tried and convicted? I did that how? All I said I don't care.....really if was arrested or not I don't care...It doesn't effect me at all what Cedric Wilson does in his life....Thats why I didn't care when James Harrison was arrested.....People get arrested every day....Many in my town....I don't care about that either...lol Doesn't effect me....

It should effect you as it does all other steeler fans, its the steeler image therefore your image since your a steeler fan. These are our players who are making us look bad, every day it does seem like we are begining to become like the bungles its sad that this happend again and in the past has with several of our players. This needs to be addressed asap.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2008, 11:49 PM
It should effect you as it does all other steeler fans, its the steeler image therefore your image since your a steeler fan. These are our players who are making us look bad, every day it does seem like we are begining to become like the bungles its sad that this happend again and in the past has with several of our players. This needs to be addressed asap.

Dude come back to the real world please......I don't live in a fantasy world....I'm a Steelers fan yes....But all I care about is wins....Its that simple....You have to remember these players are still human beings....So they're going to break the law and get in trouble like the common person....Its not like these players are God Like...Which some people think they are at times....

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Dude come back to the real world please......I don't live in a fantasy world....I'm a Steelers fan yes....But all I care about is wins....Its that simple....You have to remember these players are still human beings....So they're going to break the law and get in trouble like the common person....Its not like these players are God Like...Which some people think they are at times....

Well not all I or most steeler fans care about are wins, i care about the team its self, image and many other things. If we have a crappy season yea i will be mad but if we are a good team (which has many meanings aparently for you its if we win) then thats great and i will be proud to be a steeler fan. As a steeler fan its not right to only care about wins that not what our past is and how we are. Also I would hope that normal people dont beat their wives , my dad doesnt or my uncle or my cousins or my friends dad, its not everyone ok so its not right for players to do either. Its not all players its some.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Well not all I or most steeler fans care about are wins, i care about the team its self, image and many other things. If we have a crappy season yea i will be mad but if we are a good team (which has many meanings aparently for you its if we win) then thats great and i will be proud to be a steeler fan. To be a real fan you cant only care about wins its not right. Also I would hope that normal people dont beat their wives , my dad doesnt or my uncle or my cousins or my friends dad, its not everyone ok so its not right for players to do either. Its not all players its some.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:Since I only care about wins I'm not a real fan?...lol Not this whole real fan debate again....lol Dude when the Steelers missed the play-offs in 3 straight years from 98-00....I was still a fan.....When the Steelers were upset in the 94 AFC title game by the Chargers...I still was a fan....

My point is these players are paid to play a game which is to win the game....They're not paid to be model citizens....Did I ever say it was right to hit a woman? No I didn't Its not right to lay your hand on another person period....But in the end I don't care what Ced Wilson or James Harrison does....Just like I didn't care when Jacoby Jones the Texans WR was arrested the other day...

WWIIOwheelz
03-20-2008, 12:07 AM
I've heard WAY too much of this kind of crap this offseason, and I'm more than a little disappointed in the offending parties.

I'll be watching to see how Tomlin and the team handle these situations. Our team needs to be better than this.

Petesburgh66
03-20-2008, 12:11 AM
When I saw breaking news, I hoping to see he was cut. Not this off field crap.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-20-2008, 12:16 AM
When I saw breaking news, I hoping to see he was cut. Not this off field crap.

He needed to be cut before being arrested....I hope now that he is cut...Cutting Harrison would be a mistake since he actually is a good player...I know thats a double standard....But thats how Pro Sports is today.....Its big business and all that matters is wins and money....

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 12:19 AM
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:Since I only care about wins I'm not a real fan?...lol Not this whole real fan debate again....lol Dude when the Steelers missed the play-offs in 3 straight years from 98-00....I was still a fan.....When the Steelers were upset in the 94 AFC title game by the Chargers...I still was a fan....

My point is these players are paid to play a game which is to win the game....They're not paid to be model citizens....Did I ever say it was right to hit a woman? No I didn't Its not right to lay your hand on another person period....But in the end I don't care what Ced Wilson or James Harrison does....Just like I didn't care when Jacoby Jones the Texans WR was arrested the other day...

Dont get me wrong or misquote me i never said you arent a real fan i wouldnt say that i said your not like most fans that all.

X-Terminator
03-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Cut him.

Looks as if the criminal element that has been stinking up the NFL in recent years has finally hit home. Something really needs to be done to send a message to these players that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated. I don't think the NFL wants to have the same "thug life" image that the NBA has.

And for anyone to think any pro athlete is a role model for any other reason than their play on the field really needs to sit back and have a major reality check. They are human beings just like anyone else, and rate just above politicians, agents, lawyers and Hollywood actors at the bottom of the role model list.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Cut him.

Looks as if the criminal element that has been stinking up the NFL in recent years has finally hit home. Something really needs to be done to send a message to these players that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated. I don't think the NFL wants to have the same "thug life" image that the NBA has.

And for anyone to think any pro athlete is a role model for any other reason than their play on the field really needs to sit back and have a major reality check. They are human beings just like anyone else, and rate just above politicians, agents, lawyers and Hollywood actors at the bottom of the role model list.

Well go to every highschool in america talk to all the basketball players, baseball players, football players as well as the chior oh and the math club becuase all of us look up to at least one sports player as a role model or someone we wish to be like one day and aspire to work to be as good as him or her one day. I as a center on my schools football team look up to my favorite center Jeff Saturday and hope to be like him one day. Its normal now adays live with it.

Edman
03-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cedric Wilson just file a restraining order against that very same girl not too long ago?

So what is he still doing around her?

He stinks up on the field, and now he stinks off the field. I wouldn't mind his ass being cut at all. This BS has to stop. The hell with this soft, no-producing clown of a WR.

Edman
03-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Well, there is one positive I can take from this.

This is a number 4 WR, and he can be afforded to be cut. He doesn't produce, and now he embarrasses the organization after playing the victim just a month ago.

So, which WR do you think the Steelers will take this year?

MACH1
03-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Well not all I or most steeler fans care about are wins, i care about the team its self, image and many other things. If we have a crappy season yea i will be mad but if we are a good team (which has many meanings aparently for you its if we win) then thats great and i will be proud to be a steeler fan. To be a real fan you cant only care about wins its not right. Also I would hope that normal people dont beat their wives , my dad doesnt or my uncle or my cousins or my friends dad, its not everyone ok so its not right for players to do either. Its not all players its some.

I'd be careful who YOU call a real fan here, your on shaky ground in that dept. :dang:

Now back on topic.
Whats with all the woman beaters? I can see the trolls now 'thats the only thing you can beat'. As far as Ced goes he's a iffy player week in and out and if he's going to be a distraction or continue to get in trouble I say get rid of him. IMO

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 12:33 AM
I'd be careful who YOU call a real fan here, your on shaky ground in that dept. :dang:

Now back on topic.
Whats with all the woman beaters? I can see the trolls now 'thats the only thing you can beat'. As far as Ced goes he's a iffy player week in and out and if he's going to be a distraction or continue to get in trouble I say get rid of him. IMO

the wording was wrong i was trying to say its just wrong as a fan to only care about wins i wasnt denying his fanship

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Also if we do cut him then we for sure need to draft a WR, which will also make Ben happy just make sure hes tall

Black@Gold Forever32
03-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Also if we do cut him then we for sure need to draft a WR

WR was a need period on this team...Ward is aging...He is still good but it would be nice to add another young player to the WR core...Holmes is young and going to be very good....I like Nate....He will never be a super star but I think he will be solid NFL WR...But after those 3 there isn't really nobody....

Wilson has stunk his whole time as a Steeler (except for the 05 play-offs)....He did step up in those play-off games before the Super Bowl...But thats it....Reid is done as a kick returner and he will have to make this team as a WR...Baker and Trannon are just training camp fodder...Unless one them totally just shocks the world....So WR was a need period...There is great value in this draft in the later rounds at WR also.....

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 12:41 AM
WR was a need period on this team...Ward is aging...He is still good but it would be nice to add another young player to the WR core...Holmes is young and going to be very good....I like Nate....He will never be a super star but I think he will be solid NFL WR...But after those 3 there isn't really nobody....

Wilson has stunk his whole time as a Steeler (except for the 05 play-offs)....He did step up in those play-off games before the Super Bowl...But thats it....Reid is done as a kick returner and he will have to make this team as a WR...Baker and Trannon are just training camp fodder...Unless one them totally just shocks the world....So WR was a need period...There is great value in this draft in the later rounds at WR also.....
We should consider using our first or second pick towards a wide out.

steelergirl07
03-20-2008, 12:58 AM
I think if you cut Wilson, you also need to cut Harrison. Shouldn't have a double standard. Unless they were going to cut him anyways. But it doesn't seem like they were going too.

And I also agree with Bettisfan. Sports figures are role models now days. Little boys aspire to be NFL players, so of course their going to look up to NFL players. And the players need to realize that and get their act together. It's sad too, because there is so much good football players out there, but they get over looked.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 01:00 AM
I think if you cut Wilson, you also need to cut Harrison. Shouldn't have a double standard. Unless they were going to cut him anyways. But it doesn't seem like they were going too.

And I also agree with Bettisfan. Sports figures are role models now days. Little boys aspire to be NFL players, so of course their going to look up to NFL players. And the players need to realize that and get their act together. It's sad too, because there is so much good football players out there, but they get over looked.

Thanks, and for the cutting both of them i think we might have been already cutting Wilson especially if we were going to draft a WR, Wilson just isnt good. But your right if we cut him due to this then it would suck but we will have to cut Harrison too.

Hines86Ward
03-20-2008, 01:35 AM
There's plenty of quality WR's in this years draft. Use a 3rd or 4th rounder on a WR. I figured Cedric might get cut in camp, but he just keeps digging a bigger hole for himself.

Preacher
03-20-2008, 01:41 AM

Until the person they slap is somehow related to you, or the idiot driving drunk kills your wife.

Too many of them have the attitude that they can do whatever.

Notice however...........

I am not making ANY STATEMENTS ABOUT THE ISSUE until we know more.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 01:52 AM
:chuckle:

to put oil into the fire come on :banging:

jjpro11
03-20-2008, 01:59 AM
this has become downright embarrassing. right after that profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering madden article, wilson goes and pulls this. i dont even need to know all the facts or whatever bullshit.. our players keep getting involved in this crap over and over and over again.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 02:04 AM
this has become downright embarrassing. right after that profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering madden article, wilson goes and pulls this. i dont even need to know all the facts or whatever bullshit.. our players keep getting involved in this crap over and over and over again.

its time to take action we gotta atleast cut wilson

Midnightwriter7
03-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Bye Bye Ced ...

Michael Keller
03-20-2008, 04:39 AM
It matters to me how the Steeler players conduct themselves off the field. I personally attach quite a bit of emotional identity into the Steeler players. probably too much and I want to like these players as decent citizens. There is just a tremendous amount of poor behavior being displayed on the part of too many pro athletes in all sports that we are excusing or stating "well it only matters what they do on the field". I do not believe the Steelers fans in large part agrree with this point of view and I am sure the owners, management and coaches do not.

The Steelers are not a team culture that Jerry Jones or Al Davis would allow.or tolerate. Thankfully !

On this note I watched Chad Johnson on the NFL Network channel this week. Watching this guy and the way he talks is at best boring and worst is disgusting. Chad gets far too much attention. Put people (players) on who can communicate .

Galax Steeler
03-20-2008, 05:01 AM
Maybe this is what they need to finally get rid of cederic he needs to be gone and replaced by a better receiver.

delhess
03-20-2008, 05:29 AM
WTF!! somebody needs to drop cedric a memo. save that stuff for the ravens!!!

stillers4me
03-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Actually, the Bengals did much better this year in the arrest department.

Obviously, the police stopped profiling the players.

~Me thinks that Tomlin is not Marvin Lewis~

zulater
03-20-2008, 07:23 AM
its time to take action we gotta atleast cut wilson

I agree that we do, but really that's letting the Steelers off far too easy, because cutting Wilson is no great sarcrifice. It can be easily argued that it was in the Steelers best interest to get rid of Wilson independent of this.

The Steelers have to make a meaningfull statement to show that they will no longer tolerate this sort of action from anyone inside their orginization again.
In the end Harrison's punishment could be more severe as a result of what's happened here. At this point I think would strongly consider trading Harrison, even below market value, just to send the message throughout the lockerroom and league that the Steelers wont put up with this shit.

DACEB
03-20-2008, 07:41 AM
I would be surprised if the team doesn't cut Wilson and send the message that many believed Harrison should have gotten already.

This is rather shocking, enlight of recent events with Wilson himself and Harrison. The league really needs to revisit their policy on domestic violence and take these issues out of the teams hands.

HometownGal
03-20-2008, 07:42 AM
I agree that we do, but really that's letting the Steelers off far too easy, because cutting Wilson is no great sarcrifice. It can be easily argued that it was in the Steelers best interest to get rid of Wilson independent of this.

The Steelers have to make a meaningfull statement to show that they will no longer tolerate this sort of action from anyone inside their orginization again.
In the end Harrison's punishment could be more severe as a result of what's happened here. At this point I think would strongly consider trading Harrison, even below market value, just to send the message throughout the lockerroom and league that the Steelers wont put up with this shit.

http://kikidesign.hautetfort.com/files/Applause.gif

Atlanta Dan
03-20-2008, 08:21 AM

Yeah - this is hysterically funny:dang:

Give It To Abercrombie
03-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Now that I agree with...Wilson stinks anyway...Harrison actually contributes to the team...Cutting him would effect the Steelers win totals...Thats all I care about....is wins....

So go cheer for New England.

cham1970
03-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Steelers Release Veteran Wide Receiver Cedrick Wilson

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers have terminated the contract of veteran wide receiver Cedrick Wilson, the team announced today.

Wilson, who was entering his eighth NFL season, signed with the Steelers on March 8, 2005 as an unrestricted free agent from the San Francisco 49ers. In three seasons with the Steelers Wilson caught 81 passes for 1,162 yards and two touchdowns.

http://news.steelers.com/article/87778/

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
seriously...wtf is wrong with people...

HometownGal
03-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Good for the Steelers taking a hard line stand against Wilson's behavior and arrest. Harrison's fate won't be known until after his preliminary hearing in April, but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't released too.

A big thanks to the Rooneys for remaining the class organization they are and have always been! :cheers::tt02:

(I edited the title of the thread in conjunction with this douchebag's release).

Edman
03-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Bye bye, Cedrick. :wave:

...And good riddance.

And I don't care about double standards at this point. Harrison actually contributes to the team and was voted team MVP and went to the Pro Bowl.

All Wilson did was disappear and whine for Pass Interference. Nice effort in the '05 playoffs, but he's done jack since except get supplanted on the depth chart by Nate Washington.

Steelerfreak58
03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I think Rap music is to blame... its all about telling the brothers to slap hoes and be a pimp! What else is there for a brother to think about a chic!:wink02:

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 09:52 AM

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers have terminated the contract of veteran wide receiver Cedrick Wilson, the team announced today.
]

brilliant move by the steelers. no need to wait for the "facts" or a plea or guilty verdict. this is different from harrisons case which seemt to be an isolated incident.

cedric, however showed extremely poor judgement by hanging around this lady. what caused her to pull a gun in the 1st place? was it dozens of beatings and getting slapped.? what was it gonna take for cedric to leave her alone? a bullett in his head? ced just dont get it and was not conducting himself properly in the past month. that in addition to the fact that he sucks is more than enough reason to send him packing to cinncinatti or dallas (if he could actually get open and catch a ball).

there is (nor will be) a double standard with harrison and ced, although i really have no problem using scrub players to send a message to the stars and veterans of a team. i think this incident will open james' eyes and get him to act right. if not, he can consider himself on notice.

alittlejazzbird
03-20-2008, 10:00 AM

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers have terminated the contract of veteran wide receiver Cedrick Wilson, the team announced today.

Wilson, who was entering his eighth NFL season, signed with the Steelers on March 8, 2005 as an unrestricted free agent from the San Francisco 49ers. In three seasons with the Steelers Wilson caught 81 passes for 1,162 yards and two touchdowns.

Exactly what I expected from the Steelers, and good for them. Cedrick had everything in the world going for him, and still he couldn't figure out a way to do the mature thing and keep his relationship civil with that piece of trash chickie. What a moron - and he got exactly what he deserved.

The opportunity to play for a team like the Steelers is a true privilege, and the Rooneys don't care who you are, or how talented, they will NOT put up with this kind of high-profile off the field nonsense. If James Harrison can't straighten up his act, he'll be gone too.

revefsreleets
03-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Isn't this his second run-in about this kind of thing?

DACEB
03-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Bye bye, Cedrick. :wave:

...And good riddance.

And I don't care about double standards at this point. Harrison actually contributes to the team and was voted team MVP and went to the Pro Bowl.

All Wilson did was disappear and whine for Pass Interference. Nice effort in the '05 playoffs, but he's done jack since except get supplanted on the depth chart by Nate Washington.

Absolutely, good riddance.

At this point I don't look at it as a double standard, and definetly not because Harrison contributes.
I think at this point, Tony hit the nail on the head, Harrisons case seems to be an isolated incident. And as Tony said, James had better take notice that this type of behavior will not be tolerated.

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Good for the Steelers taking a hard line stand against Wilson's behavior and arrest. Harrison's fate won't be known until after his preliminary hearing in April, but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't released too.

A big thanks to the Rooneys for remaining the class organization they are and have always been! :cheers::tt02:

(I edited the title of the thread in conjunction with this douchebag's release).

I doubt they'll release Harrison out right. He's too "valuable" for trade bait if anything. Wilson brough no value to the team in that regards. Harrison could be traded for a good 3rd round pick or something if they decided to get him off the team as well.

I'd rather he be given another chance with us, if he takes the anger management classes and stays on the straight and narrow. Wilson has been dealing with this issue with his girl for a while, Harrison was an isolated, and hopefully, one time incidient.

BlastFurnace
03-20-2008, 10:32 AM
I think this problem is much more than a Bengals, Steelers, etc issue. I have never known a victim of abuse...that I knew about, but apparently it is much more widespread than any of us realize across all segments of society.

I'm glad the Steelers have taken this type of stance with Wilson. I will not be surprised to see Najeh face the same outcome as well. Harrison will be the one that I will find interesting to see what the Steelers do.

What it boils down to is that people need to get their lives under control. Sometimes, that means not only walking away from a situation, but running away if necessary. I don't feel sorry for Wilson in any way, but I pity him because he's not man enough to know between right and wrong when it comes to dealing with a woman.

lilyoder6
03-20-2008, 10:36 AM
i think that the cutting of wilson was coming sooner or later.. but this incident just made the procress speed up..

verks36
03-20-2008, 10:38 AM
i think that the cutting of wilson was coming sooner or later.. but this incident just made the procress speed up..

agreed

fansince'76
03-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Let's see, so Wilson's girlfriend gets into trouble and is hauled in, but it counts against Wilson as a "strike?"

A nearly 12-hour standoff in Pine home of Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson ended peacefully early this morning when police took his girlfriend into custody, police said.

Lindsey Paulat, 26, of Tarentum has been charged with aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person, said Robert Amman of the Northern Regional Police Department.

She was taken into custody at 12:48 a.m. today. The standoff began at 1 p.m. Saturday and resulted in the evacuation of residents in the housing plan.

"We were looking for a peaceful resolution. We did not move quickly to enter the home. We wanted to end the confrontation peacefully," Amman said.

Amman said that Wilson and Paulat got into an argument at 7 a.m. yesterday morning, and Wilson left the house at about noon. Paulat's mother came to the house to talk to her, and two shots were fired from a .35mm handgun owned by Wilson.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/news/breaking/s_548394.html

Sorry, the way I see it, it still stands as one "strike" against Wilson and one against Harrison. And Harrison will get a pass for his because he "contributes."

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 10:46 AM
I think this problem is much more than a Bengals, Steelers, etc issue. I have never known a victim of abuse...that I knew about, but apparently it is much more widespread than any of us realize across all segments of society.

this is true. every GF ive had in my adult life (not too many cause i usually stay in relationships long term) has been raped, beaten, or molested at some point in their life. same with my mother.

i seriously think one is hard pressed to find a woman who hasnt been a victim at some point. add to it the culture and machismo factor in my region and you see that it has almost been socially acceptable for way too many years.

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 10:47 AM
its my opinion that Wilson was already on thin ice, with his performance on the field the last 2 seasons. This was just the push out the door he should have already been expecting.

Ben wants a Tall receiver...he'll get one now.

Edman
03-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Let's see, so Wilson's girlfriend gets into trouble and is hauled in, but it counts against Wilson as a "strike?"

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/news/breaking/s_548394.html

Sorry, the way I see it, it still stands as one "strike" against Wilson and one against Harrison. And Harrison will get a pass for his because he "contributes."

That happens to be true, '76. But take this into consideration...

Harrison's incident was private made public. Wilson beat up his girl in A PUBLIC RESTAURANT. A month earlier he said he that same woman made him fear for his life. Cedrick went back to her anyway, and the rest is history. Harrison has had no history of domestic violence or troublemaking prior to his incident.

Why would you go back to someone if it is obvious you and that person are at odds?

Harrison is an All-Pro Linebacker. Wilson is a 4th-string Wide Reciever. Who do you think is the one most likely to be cut?

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 10:52 AM

problem is... wilson went back for more (after probably being instructed by team officials not to).

the rooneys dont want another fred lane situation on their hands. harrison hasnt shown the consistant poor judgement that cedric has shown, whether its whining to the media or hangin out with chicken head ho's.

fansince'76
03-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Harrison is a All-Pro Linebacker. Wilson is a 4th-string Wide Reciever.

What do you think?

Bingo - you just nailed the difference right there. I remember back in the '80s, Bill Parcells acknowledged in an interview that there was a definite double standard in the way guys like Lawrence Taylor were treated and 2nd and 3rd string backup players were treated, and how much they could "get away with." The double standard still exists. I was just acknowledging that double standard.

Providence Steel
03-20-2008, 11:01 AM
The Steelers have a history of giving people a second chance.

They also have a history of not giving them a third.

Thats one of the reasons I like the Steelers. The organization is run from a position of morals, ethics and integrity but there is also the needed, albeit, reserved level of compassion.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
I dont know that this is a question of strikes. Pretty much a cap saving move and he was only the #4 WR anyways in the final year of a 4 year deal.

Thanks for the contribution Ced, but you never lived up to the expectation as being a replacement for ARE.

Time for Willie Reid, Walter Young, Dallas Baker and some rookies to battle for the #4 job and contribute on special teams.

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Bingo - you just nailed the difference right there. I remember back in the '80s, Bill Parcells acknowledged in an interview that there was a definite double standard in the way guys like Lawrence Taylor were treated and 2nd and 3rd string backup players were treated, and how much they could "get away with." The double standard still exists. I was just acknowledging that double standard.jimmy johnson almost speaks proudly of the double standard he used to employ. he would cut a scrub for fumbling in camp just to flex some muscle and send a message. players like irvin were untouchable because the work was put in and the "mission was accomplished".

jtmill
03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Can someone enlighten me? Aren't most contracts written with "conduct" clauses in them? And if they are, what does the clause consist of?

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 11:48 AM

Well all of are asking and pleading came true, I am surprised but pleasantly surprised that we cut him. I diddnt think it would be this fast! Alright lets draft a WR!

memphissteelergirl
03-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Exactly what I expected from the Steelers, and good for them. Cedrick had everything in the world going for him, and still he couldn't figure out a way to do the mature thing and keep his relationship civil with that piece of trash chickie. What a moron - and he got exactly what he deserved.

I actually am sorry this happened to Ced...and before you guys flame me, let me just say that I think the FO did the right thing by cutting him...they had to make it clear that this kind of thing should not be tolerated in the Steelers' organization.

The reason why I am sorry for Cedrick is because he is from my hometown, and he had to blow a lucrative career (if not with the Steelers perhaps another team) by doing something this dumb. After all, he filed a RO against his crazy-a** gf, so it seems all he had to do was just lay low until she did something else stupid and he would come out smelling like a rose. But nooooo....he had to go seek her out and smack her. WTF goes on in people's heads?????

I just hope he gets it together and tries to move on with his life.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I actually am sorry this happened to Ced...and before you guys flame me, let me just say that I think the FO did the right thing by cutting him...they had to make it clear that this kind of thing should not be tolerated in the Steelers' organization.

The reason why I am sorry for Cedrick is because he is from my hometown, and he had to blow a lucrative career (if not with the Steelers perhaps another team) by doing something this dumb. After all, he filed a RO against his crazy-a** gf, so it seems all he had to do was just lay low until she did something else stupid and he would come out smelling like a rose. But nooooo....he had to go seek her out and smack her. WTF goes on in people's heads?????

I just hope he gets it together and tries to move on with his life.

In american its not tolerated so why should he think its ok while on the steelers?? :banging:

randy06
03-20-2008, 12:01 PM
so what do you guys think we will do at the reciever position now, when will we draft one, i dont think they is anyone really left in free agency

msafford
03-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Well all of are asking and pleading came true, I am surprised but pleasantly surprised that we cut him. I diddnt think it would be this fast! Alright lets draft a WR!

Shouldn't you be in school right now? :flap:

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Shouldn't you be in school right now? :flap:

Mosada sent several Bomb threats to my school... so no not today

msafford
03-20-2008, 12:10 PM

I'd say that's a good reason. I teach in the middle of a corn field, so that doesn't happen here so much. We had (I kid you not) drive your tractor to school day.

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
I'd say that's a good reason. I teach in the middle of a corn field, so that doesn't happen here so much. We had (I kid you not) drive your tractor to school day.too many jokes here.

i bet the students are "all ears". :toofunny:

i guess you dont have to worry about getting tractorjacked by punk thugs? :chuckle:

vasteeler
03-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Personally, I blame Bush.

i thought it was fast willies fault

steeltheone
03-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Cut all the women abusers, including Harrison....I'd rather be 1-15 with pride than win with chick beaters....

BlastFurnace
03-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Personally, I blame Bush.

No, it's Global Warming. The increase in the global temperature is not only melting glaciers, but is also affecting the internal boiling points in our athletes.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-20-2008, 12:43 PM
God gave man a brain and a penis...but not enough blood to operate both at the same time.

That's my theory...

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 12:44 PM
I'd say that's a good reason. I teach in the middle of a corn field, so that doesn't happen here so much. We had (I kid you not) drive your tractor to school day.

Haha wow, Thats tight.. i guess lol, where do you teach? what city?

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-20-2008, 12:49 PM

Shouldnt you be in school right now??? Teaching:computer:
Who is making sure these kids arent losing limbs in the baler??

The Duke
03-20-2008, 12:50 PM
i thought it was fast willies fault

nope, it's arian's fault

so.......how's the cap looking with ced cut now? :coffee:

BlastFurnace
03-20-2008, 12:51 PM
God gave man a brain and a penis...but not enough blood to operate both at the same time.

That's my theory...

Just a thought...If God had not created Money or Sex, how many of the world's problems would be eliminated.

I know that the "falls" of mankind reach beyond those two subjects, but atleast some of the problems would be gone.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-20-2008, 12:51 PM

That's my theory........:sofunny:

I knew a female casino manager and her line was "if only a dildo could mow the lawn we would have no need for men"

But really.....who is gonna open jars for ya??

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 12:56 PM
.....:sofunny:

I knew a female casino manager and her line was "if only a dildo could mow the lawn we would have no need for men"

But really.....who is gonna open jars for ya??

ohh hahaha wow thats cold

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 01:00 PM
.....:sofunny:

But really.....who is gonna open jars for ya??"if only sheep could cook..."

a man was lounging under the tree, sipping a brew while his wife was sweating and struggling mowing the lawn.

a passer-by stopped and said "look at her break her back as you just sit there. you oughtta be hung!"

"i am... why do you think she's mowing the lawn?" :banana:

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 01:01 PM
so what do you guys think we will do at the reciever position now, when will we draft one, i dont think they is anyone really left in free agency

Sign Matt Jones once he is cut from the Jags...that's what I think

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 01:03 PM

now hes a tall wide out with great hands.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-20-2008, 01:06 PM

Yeah, another camp body that might make the roster. WR is the easiest position to fill in the NFL.

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Reciever is an easy position to fill...but a Solid #3 is very hard to find.

paw-n-maul-u
03-20-2008, 01:15 PM
"if only sheep could cook..."

a man was lounging under the tree, sipping a brew while his wife was sweating and struggling mowing the lawn.

a passer-by stopped and said "look at her break her back as you just sit there. you oughtta be hung!"

"i am... why do you think she's mowing the lawn?" :banana:

baahahahaha ... dang. i was laughing for awhile. Tony, you think this changes how we might draft any, definitly looking for a receiver on Day 1? Our WR's are pretty thin now.

Holmes, Ward, Washington and Reid?

Black@Gold Forever32
03-20-2008, 01:18 PM
So go cheer for New England.

Wow what a response....

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 01:19 PM
This is preatty funny in his whole carrer i bet this is the most Cedric has ever been talked about haha lol and only when he does bad. To bad.

Dylan
03-20-2008, 01:20 PM
well his release frees up some cap space.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah - this is hysterically funny:dang:

Whats funny about this is the fact that many on this site started a ton of threads every time a Bengal was arrested in the past....Looks like the Steelers are catching up to the Bengals...lol Even the best organizations like the Steelers can have players that break the law....they're still human beings and human beings do stupid things at times....

msafford
03-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Haha wow, Thats tight.. i guess lol, where do you teach? what city?

My school makes up the sprawling "cities" of Pemberville, Luckey, and Stoney Ridge, Ohio. Great football team, but that's what happens when you have gigantic farm boys. Our feature back gained 300 yds. in the regional playoffs this past year in 1 game alone. He's a monster.

ANYWAY.....back on topic....what do we think will happen now with Harrison? I think some punishment will happen, but what will/should it be?

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 01:28 PM
baahahahaha ... dang. i was laughing for awhile. Tony, you think this changes how we might draft any, definitly looking for a receiver on Day 1? Our WR's are pretty thin now.

Holmes, Ward, Washington and Reid?i dont think it changes our draft strategy. i was a little bummed we missed out on dewayne jarrett in the 2nd last year and "settled" for woodley. look how that turned out (6 receptions and a DWI). lots of risk with the wr's.

i like the idea of matt jones and i still have confidence n. washington can improve.

jjpro11
03-20-2008, 01:37 PM
the only reason i am the slightest bit worried by this move is that we now have no reliable returners on our team. santonio holmes and willie reid are our current options at punt returns. wilson didnt contribute much in the receiving game, but he was as sure-handed as we had on punt returns. it looks like we are in for another year with a youngster returning kicks, assuming we draft someone else. we did sign jeremy bloom, but we have no idea what he can do.

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 01:38 PM
but we have no idea what he can do.not true. we know he can rip up the moguls. :chicken: (sorry... no skiier icon)

jtmill
03-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Mwelde Moore.

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 01:39 PM
the only reason i am the slightest bit worried by this move is that we now have no reliable returners on our team. santonio holmes and willie reid are our current options at punt returns. wilson didnt contribute much in the receiving game, but he was as sure-handed as we had on punt returns. it looks like we are in for another year with a youngster returning kicks, assuming we draft someone else. we did sign jeremy bloom, but we have no idea what he can do.

More reason to draft Felix Jones in the 1st round...

first we get a great KO Return Guy, a solid RB for depth, and possible slot guy, and...best part...Dallas wants him bad...so if we can screw over Dallas...bonus for us.. :tt02:

BlastFurnace
03-20-2008, 01:41 PM
More reason to draft Felix Jones in the 1st round...

first we get a great KO Return Guy, a solid RB for depth, and possible slot guy, and...best part...Dallas wants him bad...so if we can screw over Dallas...bonus for us.. :tt02:

I will lose my mind if we draft Felix Jones in the 1st round. Whoever we draft in the 1st round better be over 300 lbs.

VTsteel
03-20-2008, 01:41 PM
It's about time we cut his underachieving, overpaid butt free. Now he goes and assaults his baby's momma . . . what a schmuck! Good riddence and thanks for the salary cap room!

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 01:46 PM
I dont think we are going to cut or trade harrison mabey fine him but thats all

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
DAM thanks for that

Haiku_Dirtt
03-20-2008, 02:03 PM
:yawn:

Cedrick who?

:coffee:

verks36
03-20-2008, 02:06 PM
I will lose my mind if we draft Felix Jones in the 1st round. Whoever we draft in the 1st round better be over 300 lbs.

yes he better be over 300

aclark99
03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Cedrick should have been cut long ago. It better be a 300lb in the first by the name of Branden Albert. I wonder if the Steelers will start to look at free agent WR to fill the #4 spot or will we draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Thoughts????

steelymcmatt
03-20-2008, 02:26 PM

NANANANA
NANANANA
HEY HEY HEY
GOOD BYE

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 02:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3302774

Well it says they cut him because of the incident and that he is treating Harrison differently but wont say why (biest since he is actually a great player)
Its good for the team but other wise its just wrong since Harrison is better not to cut him too.

stlrtruck
03-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Cedrick should have been cut long ago. It better be a 300lb in the first by the name of Branden Albert. I wonder if the Steelers will start to look at free agent WR to fill the #4 spot or will we draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Thoughts????

If I'm the GM, I'd look at picking something maybe in the fourth. We've got Dallas Baker on the practice squad and I know he's got upswing, Nate came into his own a little bit and I think he may be able to excel this year. We also have Reid who for all intentive purposes should be able to catch a ball too.

However, I think if they've got someone on the board in the third round, then I might have to consider it.

As for Mr. Wilson - IDIOT! Thanks for acting like a bungal while being in the black and gold. I hope you enjoy the ring you got by the hard work of others.

tunes4life
03-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Well it says they cut him because of the incident and that he is treating Harrison differently but wont say why (biest since he is actually a great player)
Its good for the team but other wise its just wrong since Harrison is better not to cut him too.

The fact that they are treating Harrison Different has nothing to do with the fact that he is a better player. That would open up the organization to a lawsuit. There is probably a lot of stuff about Ced and his girl that has not been in the media. This has been an ongoing issue for a while now. Chances are there are many 'incidents' that have not been caught by the media but that the organization has been aware of.

I think it's a perfect move. Not only does it free up some cap room and get rid of a player that most likely would have been gone anyway, but it kills two birds with one stone by sending a message to the rest of organization that this type of nonsense will not be tolerated.

Thank you Rooneys for making the Steelers a team that I can be proud of (usually).
:tt02:

rpv
03-20-2008, 03:09 PM
The fact that they are treating Harrison Different has nothing to do with the fact that he is a better player. That would open up the organization to a lawsuit. There is probably a lot of stuff about Ced and his girl that has not been in the media. This has been an ongoing issue for a while now. Chances are there are many 'incidents' that have not been caught by the media but that the organization has been aware of.

:tt02:

Heard from one of the cops in Pine that there were close to 10 complaints from his GF about abuse over the past 2yrs.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Heard from one of the cops in Pine that there were close to 10 complaints from his GF about abuse over the past 2yrs.

I heard they actually shot at each other

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-20-2008, 03:22 PM
if cedrick had picked her up and was ready to throw her in the water, i wonder if dan rooney would have kept him.

HometownGal
03-20-2008, 03:42 PM
That happens to be true, '76. But take this into consideration...

Harrison's incident was private made public. Wilson beat up his girl in A PUBLIC RESTAURANT. A month earlier he said he that same woman made him fear for his life. Cedrick went back to her anyway, and the rest is history. Harrison has had no history of domestic violence or troublemaking prior to his incident.

Why would you go back to someone if it is obvious you and that person are at odds?

Harrison is an All-Pro Linebacker. Wilson is a 4th-string Wide Reciever. Who do you think is the one most likely to be cut?

I know most of you guys can't understand how destructive and debilitating being abused is from a woman's standpoint, and even though Harrison's incident appears (at this point) to be isolated, I can't for the life of me understand why he gets the free pass because he is a "Pro Bowler" and "contributes more" to the team than Wilson. To me, both men are really no different - they are both ABUSERS. Wilson's case is cut and dried - he punched a woman in the side of the face after shoving her and there were witnesses to this incident along with the victim showing obvious signs of injury. Imho, he not only has earned the douchebag of the week award, but the dumbass of the week award, too, for striking her in public. With Harrison, he admitted slapping his g/f in the face and at this point, no one but the parties involved and their legal counsel really know all of the intimate deteails and won't until either the disposition of hearing on the charges levied against him next month or he strikes a deal with the DA.

The Steelers have always had a solid and well-respected reputation around the league which I am sure they want to maintain, and if they take a second chance on Harrison - provided he gets the help he needs - I'll trust in their decision, but my respect level for James Harrison the person has dropped to almost nil.

HometownGal
03-20-2008, 03:49 PM

He is obviously a sh itball, but shame on her for sticking around for more for that long a period of time. Quite possibly, he had her to a point where she had no more self-esteem and self-worth - many abused women not only suffer the physical ramifications of abuse but also suffer from extreme emotional issues as a result of that abuse, which if they don't seek help, can and often does accompany them through life. He definitely would have been urinating out of his ears and singing soprano at the opera.

Galax Steeler
03-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Finally glad to see this cat gone maybe we can get a good reciever to replace him.

SteelCityMan786
03-20-2008, 04:31 PM

I was already scheduled to be off school. :flap:

Good Job to the Rooney's. Cedrick has been somewhat dead weight. I can't blame them for ridding him.

rpv
03-20-2008, 05:35 PM
I heard they actually shot at each other

Tell me about it...they had to evacuate a whole neighbourhood for 10hrs one saturday.:banging:

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I was already scheduled to be off school. :flap:

Good Job to the Rooney's. Cedrick has been somewhat dead weight. I can't blame them for ridding him.

It was actually "martyrs of Imad Mugniyeh of Gaza" who made the threat.

HometownGal
03-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Just heard on WTAE News here in Pittsburgh that Wilson's former g/f, Lindsey Paulat, called the Pine Township Police Department yesterday afternoon and "demanded" that the charges against Cedrick be dropped. A police spokesman stated that Ms. Paulat was 'belligerent" when the police replied that they have no intention of dropping the charges.

I'm waiting for a link on this story.

Personally, I think these two ding-dings deserve each other. :screwy:

EDIT: The story below doesn't mention the reported call by Paulat to the Pine Twp. Police Dept. - still waiting for that one to pop up - but here is a story from the Tribune Review reporting that Paulat now says the incident was "overblown" and Wilson "shoved her in the side of the head" and didn't punch her in the face as reported. Riiiiiiiiight. Wonder how much of the green Cedrick shoved in front of her to get her to backpedal.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/news/breaking/s_558478.html

Wilson's estranged girlfriend says incident overblown
By John Harris

TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, March 21, 2008

Lindsey Paulet, the estranged girlfriend of former Steelers receiver Cedrick Wilson, said today the incident that led to his arrest and release from the team was overblown.

The Steelers released Wilson after his arrest Wednesday night for hitting Paulet, 26, of Fawn, at Patron's Mexican Grill on Perry Highway in Pine. Wilson is charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct.

Police arrested Wilson at his home on Blue Heron Drive in Pine, the scene of a 12-hour police standoff Jan. 19 after the couple argued.

"First and foremost, Cedrick and I have a (1-year-old) daughter together. For her sake, we put her first. We will take whatever steps necessary to ensure that," Paulet told the Tribune-Review.

"Cedrick walked into Patron's and saw me sitting in the bar area. He got upset when he saw me drinking. Basically he pushed me in the side of the head and said I was being stupid and then immediately left the restaurant.
"Cedrick has been very supportive as we are working through issues," Paulet said. "I think he was just basically very disappointed in me and he only wants the best for me and my daughter."

According to court documents, police were summoned to the restaurant about 8 p.m. Wednesday after Wilson entered the bar area and pushed Paulat on the shoulder. When Paulat turned around, he punched her in the face.

Paulet disagreed with that version of the incident.

"The restaurant staff apparently must have felt compelled to notify the police of the incident given the circumstances," Paulet said.

"He never punched. He pushed me in the side of the head. It was misconstrued apparently by the people around us. You know how hearsay and the grapevine is."

Wilson is free on $10,000 bail. He faces a preliminary hearing March 28.

StinkyB
03-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Just heard on WTAE News here in Pittsburgh that Wilson's former g/f, Lindsey Paulat, called the Pine Township Police Department yesterday afternoon and "demanded" that the charges against Cedrick be dropped. A police spokesman stated that Ms. Paulat was 'belligerent" when the police replied that they have no intention of dropping the charges.

I'm waiting for a link on this story.

Personally, I think these two ding-dings deserve each other. :screwy:

If the charges are dropped, boy would Wilson have a nice lawsuit. The Steelers released him with a statment of cause, if that cause if proven to be invalid then they can be sued. That is why most employers don't cite a reason for letting you go, so you can't sue them based on inaccuracy of their reasoning. They simply say "this arrangment is not working out".

It also seems as if their is momentum behind the idea that Rooney was inconsistent. I imagine the NFL will step in at some point and try to plug the holes.

nicesteel4life
03-23-2008, 12:37 AM
TWO STRIKES and YOUR OUT! With the Rooney's Period!

Steelerfreak58
03-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Bye bye Cedric!

Steel Buckeye
03-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm glad Ced was cut, now there will be room on the roster for the tall receiver Ben has been asking for. How about Walter Young? His playing time was very limited but every time I've seen Young on the field he played well, and he's 6'4. I think he deserves a chance.

Preacher
03-23-2008, 11:00 AM
If the charges are dropped, boy would Wilson have a nice lawsuit. The Steelers released him with a statment of cause, if that cause if proven to be invalid then they can be sued. That is why most employers don't cite a reason for letting you go, so you can't sue them based on inaccuracy of their reasoning. They simply say "this arrangment is not working out".

It also seems as if their is momentum behind the idea that Rooney was inconsistent. I imagine the NFL will step in at some point and try to plug the holes.

I would think that, like most of the other states, Pennsylvania is an "At Will" work state.

Plus, I really don't think the Steelers association with any player is determinative based on court system.