PDA

View Full Version : T.J. Holdoutmandzadeh

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 02:51 PM
carson palmer is gonna want out of this shithole before too long...

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d8074e609&template=with-video&confirm=true

Pro Bowl receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh appears to be following teammate Chad Johnson's lead.

Cincinnati wide receiver Chad Johnson already has stated he does not plan to attend the Bengals' voluntary offseason conditioning program that starts Monday.

But he is not going to be alone.

Cincinnati?s other Pro Bowl wide receiver, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, also is expected to skip the start of the voluntary conditioning program for some of the same reasons Johnson is not attending.

It sets up one of the stickiest situations in the NFL, an issue that threatens to hang over the team until and through training camp.

Cincinnati has two Pro Bowl wide receivers, each of whom believes he is underpaid, each of whom wants a new deal, each of whom is expected to be absent from Paul Brown Stadium for the start of Monday?s offseason drills.

Houshmandzadeh is in the final year of four-year contract that is scheduled to pay him a base salary of $2.525 million. He failed to show up to the Bengals' offseason conditioning program last season and, without a new deal before this year?s offseason conditioning program, Houshmandzadeh is not about to attend now. It is the reason he is not expected Monday or anytime shortly thereafter.

Cincinnati already has wrestled with the best way to handle the Johnson situation; it has made it known to any team that calls the team that the Bengals will not, under any circumstance, trade Johnson. They refuse to 86 "85." So now the Bengals are assured of having at least one unhappy wide receiver.

The interesting part is, will they have two? Unlike Johnson, Houshmandzadeh never has had his deal restructured in Cincinnati. Unlike Johnson, who has three years left on his contract, Houshmandzadeh has only one.

If Cincinnati spends on any Pro Bowl wide receiver, it would seem that Houshmandzadeh has next.

But Houshmandzadeh and Johnson appear to have made their decision in regard to next week and this offseason. It?s up to the Bengals to make theirs.

in tj's defense he kept his mouth shut when he was obviously playing above his contract last year. shows what a bad example chad is and how it rubs off on teammates. theres no way tj is gonna stand by quietly and watch chad whine for a new deal on a multimillion $$$ contract with 3 more years left on it.

chad made his bed but his new agent (rosenhaus) doesnt get a dime unless he secures a new deal. tj on the other hand has earned an extension.

so much for the "greatest show on grass".

let the implosion continue.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 02:59 PM
ahhh bungles bungles bungles who would want to play on the bungles jeez its a shit hole

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 03:01 PM
ahhh bungles bungles bungles who would want to play on the bungles jeez its a shit holeit may be cedric wilsons last and only shot of landing with an nfl team.

MasterOfPuppets
03-20-2008, 03:37 PM
i don't understand why cinnci is so adamant about keeping the clown ( CJ )....if he wants traded, trade him !!!
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8074ae3a

Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 9:04 am EDT

Chad Johnson wants to be a Cowboy

Chad Johnson could've climbed on the coffee table on the middle of the Best Damn Sports Show Period set Wednesday and yelled at the top of his lungs "Trade me to to Dallas!!!" And he really wouldn't have been much more clear than he was in batting his eyes in the direction of Valley Ranch according to the Dallas Morning News.

"If I end up in Dallas, I would just look at which finger I'm gonna put it on," Johnson declared. "That's it. Ain't no ifs, ands or buts about it."

Johnson said he and Terrell Owens would co-exist on the same team: "It's gonna work," Johnson said. "T.J. (Houshmandzadeh) and Chad Johnson are no different than '81' and '85' because T.J. is a No. 1 receiver. We just happen to be two No. 1 receivers on the same team at the same time. It's no different."

Source: Dallas Morning News
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Chad-Johnson-wants-to-be-a-Cowboy;_ylt=AhNEGErRSU8FQGJfUL2TuV1DubYF?urn=nfl,7 2690

polamalu82
03-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Chad is such a crybaby. Though I can't blame him for wanting out of Shitsanatti. Still I don't see Chad going anywhere this season.

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 05:47 PM
But I thought the Bengals were supposed to give us a run for our money in the AFC North...I thought they were "one injury" away from being the greatest team in the history of the NFL?

Seriously...it starts with the head coach. He's allowed this team to develop into a bunch of "me" guys...

And if Chad wants to go to Dallas, a team that has NOT won a playoff game since 1995, then so be it.

And TJ should come out now, and effing apologize to Steelers nation for what he did to the Terrible Towel.

Until then, we will continue to Destroy their playoff dreams, knock out their teeth and make them the laughing stock of the AFC.

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 06:10 PM
LOL. TJ is smart. He knows that if Chad leaves or isn't there he won't have all those catches anymore. Better get paid while he can.

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 06:12 PM
But I thought the Bengals were supposed to give us a run for our money in the AFC North...I thought they were "one injury" away from being the greatest team in the history of the NFL?

Seriously...it starts with the head coach. He's allowed this team to develop into a bunch of "me" guys...

And if Chad wants to go to Dallas, a team that has NOT won a playoff game since 1995, then so be it.

And TJ should come out now, and effing apologize to Steelers nation for what he did to the Terrible Towel.

Until then, we will continue to Destroy their playoff dreams, knock out their teeth and make them the laughing stock of the AFC.

Exactly. Marvin hasn't done "diddly poo," to quote Jim Mora. "Play-offs??" :sofunny:

revefsreleets
03-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Goodbye one or two fluky 11-5 and 10-6 playoff years, hello (again) old faithful legacy of shit 6-10 (at best) basement dwelling typical Bungal years.

Steeler in Carolina
03-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I love it. I hope that they all stay away from training camp.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 06:24 PM
They wont trade chad cuse if they do they will have no good players nothing the team will fold and die haha

CantStop85
03-20-2008, 06:47 PM
i don't understand why cinnci is so adamant about keeping the clown ( CJ )....if he wants traded, trade him !!!

Contrary to popular belief, this is not Madden or fantasy football. If the Bengals were to trade Chad, the cap hit would be ridiculous. His deal is signed through 2010, with an option on 2011. A trade would be almost financially impossible.

As far as the TJ situation, the Bengals are already working on his extension...not much to see here, very similar to the Hines Ward contract situation.

revefsreleets
03-20-2008, 06:57 PM
As far as the TJ situation, the Bengals are already working on his extension...not much to see here, very similar to the Hines Ward contract situation.

It's pretty much exactly the same, except that the team is a perennial loser filled with criminals with a coach that can't control his players, a team that wasn't really all that solid to begin with now falling apart at the seams, AND you have not one but two disgruntled WR's bitching, two receivers who pretty much have lived and breathed the same air since college.

You know, other than all that, it's just the same.

5-11, baby! It's back to the basement Bengals!

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Contrary to popular belief, this is not Madden or fantasy football. If the Bengals were to trade Chad, the cap hit would be ridiculous. His deal is signed through 2010, with an option on 2011. A trade would be almost financially impossible.

As far as the TJ situation, the Bengals are already working on his extension...not much to see here, very similar to the Hines Ward contract situation.cause we all know in madden or fantasy football, you can build a complete team of talented assclowns with absolutly no repercussions.

pat kirwan said it best today. if 60,000 real fans stood up and boo'd every time CJ put on a HOF jacket or proposed to a cheerleader, his bs woulda stopped along time ago. chad likes to "act" and play to the masses more than actual winning. its the fools who cheer him on that are the enablers and give him a higher sense of worth.

but hes not a cancer. he just likes to have "fun" and "entertain".

:party:

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 07:05 PM
It's pretty much exactly the same, except that the team is a perennial loser filled with criminals with a coach that can't control his players, a team that wasn't really all that solid to begin with now falling apart at the seams, AND you have not one but two disgruntled WR's bitching, two receivers who pretty much have lived and breathed the same air since college.

You know, other than all that, it's just the same.

5-11, baby! It's back to the basement Bengals!lol.

tj is probably looking at cedric wilson (with his sb ring and 3 million dollar salary) getting his ass cut today and wondering why he is playing for 2.5 mil this season for the bengals, when wilsons deal was on the table for him with the steelers.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 07:56 PM
lets sign T.J that would be beaslty

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 08:06 PM

:jawdrop: He wiped his feet with the Terrible Towel. If he was on fire, I MIGHT try to put him out with a wet chain.
What you said was Blasphemy.

Dylan
03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
i think houszahmansadah has every reason to.. hes one of the best in the game and isnt getting paid much.. johnsons reasoning makes no sense

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 08:22 PM
:jawdrop: He wiped his feet with the Terrible Towel. If he was on fire, I MIGHT try to put him out with a wet chain.
What you said was Blasphemy.

That is true but players get into it like what can you say about Jamal lewis hated the browns for years as a raven now loves them, its the nfl man get over it

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 08:24 PM
That is true but players get into it like what can you say about Jamal lewis hated the browns for years as a raven now loves them, its the nfl man get over it

Nope. TJ is a rival. He always will be.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 08:24 PM
ok what ever if he were to come here would be fine with that

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
i think houszahmansadah has every reason to.. hes one of the best in the game and isnt getting paid much.. johnsons reasoning makes no sense

I'm not so sure. TJ makes some good plays but Chad draws all the double coverage and that's why he gets so many catches. It would be interesting to see his numbers if Chad wasn't there. He'd be a great fit for the Panthers.

Dylan
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm not so sure. TJ makes some good plays but Chad draws all the double coverage and that's why he gets so many catches. It would be interesting to see his numbers if Chad wasn't there. He'd be a great fit for the Panthers.

thats true

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 08:32 PM
i think he would still produce, mabey even more, he is a beast

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 08:37 PM
i think he would still produce, mabey even more, he is a beast

I like our recievers better. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
03-20-2008, 09:14 PM
TJ had his one offer from the Steelers. He chose to stay in Shitcinati. Eff him.

Dylan
03-20-2008, 10:04 PM
TJ had his one offer from the Steelers. He chose to stay in Shitcinati. Eff him.

where did u hear that?

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 10:15 PM

The only offer I'm aware of is Anthony Smith offering to take TJ's head off. :tt02:

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
where did u hear that?for those who dont know...

after plexico burress left via free agency, the steelers answer was little known tj houshmandzadeh who was a 3rd year free agent of the bengals. the steelers offered him a 4 year deal and he chose to take less money for the 4 year deal the bengals had offered him.

having lost out on the TJ sweepstakes the steelers then turned to their next option, cedric wilson, whom they offered a 4 year/ $8 million deal.

cedric wilson won a SB ring in his 1st year. tj wiped his shoe with the terrible towel.

advantage- wilson

i know many younger steelerfans may not want to admit or acknowledge it, but the steelers recognized his potential, and immediately went after him.

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 10:39 PM
for those who dont know...

after plexico burress left via free agency, the steelers answer was little known tj houshmandzadeh who was a 3rd year free agent of the bengals. the steelers offered him a 4 year deal and he chose to take less money for the 4 year deal the bengals had offered him.

having lost out on the TJ sweepstakes the steelers then turned to their next option, cedric wilson, whom they offered a 4 year/ $8 million deal.

cedric wilson won a SB ring in his 1st year. tj wiped his shoe with the terrible towel.

advantage- wilson

i know many younger steelerfans may not want to admit or acknowledge it, but the steelers recognized his potential, and immediately went after him.

To me he's just not one of those guys I can dislike and respect at the same time. I think it does come down to his mouth and the terrible towel bs. I thoroughly enjoy seeing him get pummeled. :smile:

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 10:43 PM

advantage- wilson

Wow thats dum move for TJ sucks for him!

Dylan
03-20-2008, 11:14 PM

advantage- wilson

thats interesting, too bad we didnt get him. wouldve been nice addition

Hapa
03-20-2008, 11:19 PM

Ike Taylor and Townsend would kill him.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-21-2008, 04:54 PM
If they pay Chad and wait until the next year to pay TJ...TJ will probally just go elsewhere without even listening to an offer from the Bengals.

But don't worry, none of this is Chad Johnson's fault...it's the environment he grew up in.

Dino 6 Rings
03-21-2008, 05:28 PM
So will the "brilliant" minds at ESPN pick the Steelers to be last in the AFC North again or will this help them to understand...the Bengals Suck.

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 05:30 PM
I think it helps us being under the radar, it sure did help get the one for the thumb! On to the one for the big toe!

lilyoder6
03-21-2008, 05:33 PM
thats funny. so who does carson have during these seesions to throw to?? chris henry?? and who??

CantStop85
03-21-2008, 06:22 PM
If they pay Chad and wait until the next year to pay TJ...TJ will probally just go elsewhere without even listening to an offer from the Bengals.

But don't worry, none of this is Chad Johnson's fault...it's the environment he grew up in.

They're not going to pay Chad, they already paid Chad. His deal is signed through at least 2010. Besides, it's not the money that Chad is upset about, it's the fact that people are finally calling him out on being a cry baby.

CantStop85
03-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Explanation by TJ:
T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who didn't attend most of last year's offseason workouts and on-field sessions before becoming the first Bengal to ever lead the NFL in receiving, is a bit surprised his decision to do it again is causing a bigger stir in '08.

Two words.

Chad Johnson.

"Yeah, it's probably because of that," said Houshmandzadeh Friday from California. "But we're two different dudes. He's got to do what he's got to do and I've got to do what I've got to do. Two different personalities. I march to my own drummer. Everyone knows that."

Houshmandzadeh knows there are "positives and negatives," about staying home in the Los Angeles area. He admits it "felt different," doing it last year, but he also said he came into training camp in the best shape of his life.

"Obviously not being around the guys, relationships and that's all stuff I enjoy. Those are negatives," he said. "But getting the personal attention in the gym as opposed to being part of a group of about 20 to 30 guys, that is something that really helps me."

There isn't anybody with the Bengals that Houshmandzadeh doesn't talk to all the time during the offseason. Two of those guys are strength coaches Chip Morton and Ray Oliver.

"I've told them it is nothing against them. They have a great program and I do a lot of the stuff they do," Houshmandzadeh said. "But if I'm getting tired and I'm losing my technique, my (trainer) can see that right away and correct me because of the one-on-one attention. And I probably came in faster than at any time since I came out of college last year, and I get the chance to work on the speed by myself."

He also says he wants to be around his two small daughters who attend elementary school and preschool in California during the spring.

"That's something that means a lot to me. I spent so much time away from them earlier," he said.

Houshmandzadeh insists it has nothing to do with his contract. After coming off back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons and his first Pro Bowl berth, he's still working on the four-year, $12 million deal that ends after '08.

"My situation is cut and dried. It doesn't matter," Houshmandzadeh said. "Either I stay with the Bengals after this season and or they decide not to give me a new contract. That's it. Would I like a new contract? Yeah. Do I think I deserve a new contract? Yeah. But it's fine. Like I said. It's cut and dried."

Asked if he was surprised there hasn't been any more contact about an extension since last month's NFL scouting combine, Houshmandzadeh said, "No. You can only be surprised if you expect something and I don't expect anything."

He does expect to get criticism from people outside the organization and, "Some of the coaches are probably wondering, but I think the players understand."

Houshmandzadeh admits that without him and Johnson, "the rhythm and the flow and the timing," in the passing game is going to suffer a little bit, but he also says he'll do what he did last June and July and spend the month leading up to training camp throwing with Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer.

"We must have got together 10 to 15 times," Houshmandzadeh said. "It's easy because we live so close together out here. Just pick up the phone and let's go. A lot of times it's our second workout of the day because we both work out in the morning."

Houshmandzadeh doesn't have much to say about Johnson's trade rants.

"Hey, I hear them before you do, so it doesn't surprise me," he said. "He's been saying this stuff pretty much since the end of the season. I don't know if he's coming to (the mandatory) minicamp or to training camp or whatever. We'll just have to see."

HometownGal
03-21-2008, 06:30 PM
They wont trade chad cuse if they do they will have no good players nothing the team will fold and die haha

Huh? TJ IBoinkedMyMama is hands down a much better all around receiver than Chad is in his wettest of dreams. TJ was voted to the Pro Bowl this past season. CJ got in because Boo Boo Moss opted out of the PB at the last minute.

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Huh? TJ IBoinkedMyMama is hands down a much better all around receiver than Chad is in his wettest of dreams. TJ was voted to the Pro Bowl this past season. CJ got in because Boo Boo Moss opted out of the PB at the last minute.

I think chad when he is trying is better , TJ is more like a wes welker type, with out chad i dont think he would be as good since he wouldnt be as open.

HometownGal
03-21-2008, 06:56 PM
I think chad when he is trying is better , TJ is more like a wes welker type, with out chad i dont think he would be as good since he wouldnt be as open.

We will have to strongly agree to disagree here. :cheers:

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 07:24 PM
kk lol no worries, they are both bungles who cares any way

Galax Steeler
03-25-2008, 08:25 AM
kk lol no worries, they are both bungles who cares any way

Exactly who cares about the bungholes.

Steel Buckeye
03-26-2008, 11:55 PM
For everyone who wants Houshmanzadeh playing for the Steelers-while T.J. and Ben did work well together playing in the Pro Bowl, he would be as welcome to most Steelers fans as a case of the crabs because his Terrible Towel "wave" in 2005. It's not gonna happen.

Preacher
03-27-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't know,

I would rather go get a big receiver... and let Ward move to the slot.