03-20-2008, 08:42 PM
ok so this is sortof random but hey its offseason! :blah:

so i was looking at Davenports track record and he is crazily injury prone
2002- fracturing his left eye socket.
2003- lingering hamstring injury
2004- Fractured eye socket
2005- broke his ankle
2006- took a break
2007- charged with domestic violence, child endangering, and unlawful restraint in an incident involving the mother of his five-year-old son.

So wow , I personally really like Najeh he played very well in replacement for Willie last year but my question is honestly how long can we keep him? Is he a realiable back up? If not we need a rb... Any ideas?

steelymcmatt
03-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes, his name is Mewelde Moore.....you may have read somewhere we signed him a couple weeks ago.

Dylan
03-20-2008, 09:46 PM
ok so this is sortof random but hey its offseason! :blah:

so i was looking at Davenports track record and he is crazily injury prone
2002- fracturing his left eye socket.
2003- lingering hamstring injury
2004- Fractured eye socket
2005- broke his ankle
2006- took a break
2007- charged with domestic violence, child endangering, and unlawful restraint in an incident involving the mother of his five-year-old son.

So wow , I personally really like Najeh he played very well in replacement for Willie last year but my question is honestly how long can we keep him? Is he a realiable back up? If not we need a rb... Any ideas?

2006 and 2007 dont look like injury seasons, they look like slacking and being stupid

Midnightwriter7
03-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Dooooooookkieeeee... we have our three running backs so backfield is complete

Hapa
03-20-2008, 11:15 PM
How do you break your eye socket playing football?
lol

MDSteel15
03-20-2008, 11:37 PM
lol

He got hit REALLLLLY hard.... :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
03-21-2008, 04:34 AM
Yes, his name is Mewelde Moore.....you may have read somewhere we signed him a couple weeks ago.

Agreed moore will step into the spot light this year.:tt02:

jtmill
03-21-2008, 10:42 AM
lol

TWICE!! Must be his style of play. Or maybe he was doing what this smilie is:

:dang:

tunes4life
03-21-2008, 11:22 AM
lol

Looking at the other teams cheerleaders while trying to face forward in the stance.

:cheer::cheer::cheer: :helmet:

19ward86
03-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Mewelde Moore is an extremely underrated RB, he played at Tulane and was projected to be drafted in the 2nd round. Wasnt drafted until the 4th and now he is a backup that averages 6yds per carry.

Midnightwriter7
03-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I am happy with our 3 !!

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Agreed moore will step into the spot light this year.:tt02:
That would be phenominal, He is the youngest of our backs and has the biggest chance at really doing somethign here. He is fast as hell, young, and has a great worth ethic. As we all know Willies Injury was horrible it could have bad lingering effects on him and I think management knows that and thats why they got Moore, also in a thread I started the other day we all discussed who we think would stay here their Carrer, well most of us agreed Willie wont, I think he will want alot of money his contract now is alot lower than he will want, After thinking about this they also must have got moore considering the money. Moore is another underated back like Wilie was, I hope moore can step it up this year and get more reps until he is in the rotation. We will see. This is just my take.

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Some more info on Mr. Moore

"Moore is only the 2nd player in NCAA history to rush for 4,000 yards and have 2,000 yards receiving in a career, joining former Viking Darrin Nelson (Stanford). Moore ranks 11th in Division I history in all-purpose yards with 6,505 yards. He ran for 100+ yards in 22 games to set Tulane and Conference USA records. His 36 career TDs rank 2nd in Tulane and C-USA history. Moore ran for 1,138 yards as a junior and 1,421 as a sophomore, respectively, to set Tulane’s single-season rushing record. Moore was also, drafted in the 4th round of the 2000 Major League Baseball draft by the San Diego Padres. He spent 3 summers in the organization while in college."

In 2005, Moore enjoyed a breakout year of production as a rusher, receiver and return man. He was the only player in the NFL to score by rush, reception and punt return in 2005. He became only the 2nd Viking to score a rushing, receiving and punt return TD, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Hugh McElhenny in 1961. Moore posted the 9th punt return TD in Vikings history with a 71-yard TD at the New York Giants in the Vikings win. The 71-yard punt return TD was the 6th longest punt return TD in team history and 8th-long overall punt return. Moore was part of an NFL-record setting day in Giants Stadium as he joined Koren Robinson (kickoff return TD) and Darren Sharper (INT return TD) to become the only team in NFL history to score all 3 ways in a game. Moore ranked 2nd in the NFC and 3rd in the NFL with an 11.7 yard average on punt returns. Moores 11.7 average was the 4th-best in Vikings history. Moore became the highest-ranked Vikings punt returner (3rd in NFL) since 1997 when David Palmer was 3rd in the League. Moore led team in rushing (662 yards), punt returns (245 yards) and was 3rd on team in receptions (37). Moore broke the 100-yard rushing mark twice on the season with 101 vs. New Orleans and 122 at Green Bay. The 122 yards at Green Bay on Monday Night Football made him the 4th Vikings RB to break 100 yards on Monday Night. Moore was honored along with cornerback Dovonte Edwards for the Monday Night Green Bay game by being put on ABC's “Horse Trailer”.

Accomplishments

* Holds Vikings record with a 10.5-yard career punt return average.
* One of only two players in team history (David Palmer) to have 2 career punt return TDs.
* Owns 2 of the 10 longest punt returns in team history with his pair of 71-yard TDs.
* The Vikings are 4-0 in games when Moore runs for 100+ yards.
* Ranks tied with Herschel Walker for 10th place in Vikings history with 4 career 100- yard rushing games.
* Along with Koren Robinson, who had a kickoff return TD at N.Y. Giants (11/13/05), marked only the 2nd time in team history posted a punt return and kickoff return TD in the same game, the other occurring in 1999 at Kansas City when Robert Tate (KOR) and Randy Moss (PR) accomplished the feat.
* Set a Vikings’ record with 610 combined net yards in a 3-game span in 2004 (at Houston, at New Orleans, vs. Tennessee), topping the old mark of 573 set by Chuck Foreman in 1976.
* Joined Onterrio Smith as the only Viking rookies in team history to rush for consecutive 100-yard games (at New Orleans, vs. Tennessee) in 2004.
* Was the 1st RB selected from Tulane by the Vikings since taking Tommy Mason #1 overall in the 1961 inaugural draft, the 1st player ever drafted by the team.

msafford
03-21-2008, 04:52 PM
That would be phenominal, He is the youngest of our backs and has the biggest chance at really doing somethign here. He is fast as hell, young, and has a great worth ethic. As we all know Willies Injury was horrible it could have bad lingering effects on him and I think management knows that and thats why they got Moore, also in a thread I started the other day we all discussed who we think would stay here their Carrer, well most of us agreed Willie wont, I think he will want alot of money his contract now is alot lower than he will want, After thinking about this they also must have got moore considering the money. Moore is another underated back like Wilie was, I hope moore can step it up this year and get more reps until he is in the rotation. We will see. This is just my take.

I don't think management is too worried about Willie's leg. It was a break on the non weight-bearing bone. I personally think we needed a much more reliable 3rd down option and some obvious help on special teams, which is where Moore comes in. Maybe he's more of an insurance policy for Dookie McPooperson, aka. Najeh, since he still has some pending legal issues. :twocents:

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't think management is too worried about Willie's leg. It was a break on the non weight-bearing bone. I personally think we needed a much more reliable 3rd down option and some obvious help on special teams, which is where Moore comes in. Maybe he's more of an insurance policy for Dookie McPooperson, aka. Najeh, since he still has some pending legal issues. :twocents:

So you dont think in the future moore would take over? Or now he would be the number 2?

msafford
03-21-2008, 05:15 PM
So you dont think in the future moore would take over? Or now he would be the number 2?

I honestly think that management realized they can't keep beating the piss out of Willie on most every down, so they needed someone like moore on 3rd downs. I'm excited to see what both of them can do. It's hard to say if Willie will stay around or not. I think the end of last season showed Najeh isn't a long term answer here.

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I honestly think that management realized they can't keep beating the piss out of Willie on most every down, so they needed someone like moore on 3rd downs. I'm excited to see what both of them can do. It's hard to say if Willie will stay around or not. I think the end of last season showed Najeh isn't a long term answer here.

Agreed, but Najeh did have some flashes where he looked great. The rams game...

steelersfanman92
03-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Along with being a pretty good back up he brings some stabilty to a shaky return game

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Moore should fit in well, i cant wait to see him play

Midnightwriter7
03-23-2008, 12:29 AM
As I said.. we have 3 pretty damn good backs... Maybe Davenport isnt a " starter" but He is decent on returns and is a decent 3rd down back as well.. By bringing in Moore... I think that Willie will get some much needed rest and those two can bang it on 3rd downs... Bringing in Moore and also Hartwig,, those two alone have made us better already .. Now we just need to draft an OL and a CB and hopefully a WR that can do something and will be looking pretty good I think !

nicesteel4life
03-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Agree Midnightwriter7!
I believe Davenport ran out of gas at the end of the season!
Hopefully if he is conditioned more this year we got a great 1,2,3, Punch wih the backs we got!

Galax Steeler
03-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Agree Midnightwriter7!
I believe Davenport ran out of gas at the end of the season!
Hopefully if he is conditioned more this year we got a great 1,2,3, Punch wih the backs we got!

I just believe davenport won't be around for the start of the season.

Boomerang
03-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I think Davenport can still be a decent RB for us but his injury record is worrying and that is where Moore is a great addition.

lilyoder6
03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
najah is a good rb too come in to give a breather or two to willie.. there were plays that he made during the season to help jump start the off.. but i might agree that this might be his last yr here and pitt won't re-sign him unless he's cheap

tsmartnick
03-23-2008, 10:54 PM
the guy najeh was best in the league on 3rd or 4th and under 2 look it up

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I just believe davenport won't be around for the start of the season.

I hope you are right. I think with Russell and Moore he is taking up a roster spot that a true short yardage or promising rookie back can occupy.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-23-2008, 11:00 PM
the guy najeh was best in the league on 3rd or 4th and under 2 look it up

Stats are misleading. I didnt see him pickup the tough yards in the season ending game or the playoffs against Jacksonville,......did anybody see that???

Davenport is a big guy that still thinks he is a highscool sprinter and can run outside.

tsmartnick
03-24-2008, 12:21 AM
i think that they could of taken a better look at the last play if i remember right heath extended his arm and maybe would have been a bit closer but i dont know. what do you guys think. i know they reviewed it but made no change

paw-n-maul-u
03-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Najeh ran out of gas!?!?!?!?!?!?!

bahhhhhhhhahahaha, RAN OUT OF GAS!?!?!? with all the 100 carries he got all year?

Najeh Davenport can weigh 250, but try and play like 200.

Najeh Davenport can get only like 25 yards on 25 carries vs. good teams.

Najeh Davenport can Poop really good.

Najeh Davenport is a Cowher player.

Najeh Davenport will lose his job to just signed, michael bennett.

bump

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Najeh ran out of gas!?!?!?!?!?!?!

bahhhhhhhhahahaha, RAN OUT OF GAS!?!?!? with all the 100 carries he got all year?

Najeh Davenport will lose his job to just signed, michael bennett.

bump

Where????? In Tampa???

Bennett re-signed in Tampa for another 3 years. It happened over a month ago. :hunch:

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=6294

rbryan
03-24-2008, 10:31 AM
I think Davenport is expendable, I'm not sure what his cap number is or if we take a huge hit to cut him but I wouldn't lose any sleep over him being shown the door.

lilyoder6
03-24-2008, 11:20 AM
najah is in his last yr of his contract.. there is no harm of keeping him on the team for his last yr.. he can play st and play rb if need be.. and provides depth for his last yr

stlrtruck
03-24-2008, 12:10 PM
najah is in his last yr of his contract.. there is no harm of keeping him on the team for his last yr.. he can play st and play rb if need be.. and provides depth for his last yr

I agree with that assessment unless they can find someone younger and with more potential to fill his void. Right now, I like him as a ST player and maybe 3rd string RB.

BlastFurnace
03-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I haven't seen anything from Davenport in the past 2 years that makes me believe he will ever be more than what he has been.

Right now, people like Russell and Davis have shown flashes in pre-season, but I would like to see what they can do. Neither appear to be quick or fast enough to be able to return kickoffs like Davenport can, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them as Davenport's equal as far as a running back is concerned.

Mewelde Moore might just be that Diamond in the rough that we are all looking for to take some of the load off of Willie. Let's hope so.

Galax Steeler
03-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I haven't seen anything from Davenport in the past 2 years that makes me believe he will ever be more than what he has been.

Right now, people like Russell and Davis have shown flashes in pre-season, but I would like to see what they can do. Neither appear to be quick or fast enough to be able to return kickoffs like Davenport can, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them as Davenport's equal as far as a running back is concerned.

Mewelde Moore might just be that Diamond in the rough that we are all looking for to take some of the load off of Willie. Let's hope so.

I think moore is going to be a good compliment to willie parker and in the return game.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-25-2008, 11:30 AM
I think moore is going to be a good compliment to willie parker and in the return game.

Yeah, here is what the Viking fans said when MeMo was signed.

Great signing by the Stillers!

I have always loved MM as a backup, he can be very valuable in that capacity.
He i going to be the #3 back behind Willie Parker and Najah Davenport... he could and probably will pass Davenport, plus he will get more 3rd down carries I'm sure.
Dookie Davenport will be cut. MM will be the #2.
Is he a top flight back? No. But he can contribute on returns, and is a solid receiver, who blocks better then our current #1...
Mewelde is one of my favorite players, so fun to watch him play. I wish him the best, and I hope he is the most successful back in the league, behind of course AD and CT. And of course, if hes playing against us, I hope he chooses to sit out.

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=16034&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mewelde+moore&start=15

Galax Steeler
03-26-2008, 04:18 AM
Yeah, here is what the Viking fans said when MeMo was signed.

Great signing by the Stillers!

I have always loved MM as a backup, he can be very valuable in that capacity.
He i going to be the #3 back behind Willie Parker and Najah Davenport... he could and probably will pass Davenport, plus he will get more 3rd down carries I'm sure.
Dookie Davenport will be cut. MM will be the #2.
Is he a top flight back? No. But he can contribute on returns, and is a solid receiver, who blocks better then our current #1...
Mewelde is one of my favorite players, so fun to watch him play. I wish him the best, and I hope he is the most successful back in the league, behind of course AD and CT. And of course, if hes playing against us, I hope he chooses to sit out.

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=16034&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mewelde+moore&start=15

They sound like they miss him already up there.