PDA

View Full Version : Tee Martin?

Dylan
03-20-2008, 09:58 PM
HA, i was just thinking of this guy, and then i found his rookie card. what ever happened to him?

tony hipchest
03-20-2008, 10:03 PM
we drafted him. the next qb taken in his draft class was tom brady.

he supposedly was better than p. manning cause he was actually able to win a national championship.

he proved his worth when (as a steeler) he choked in the nfl europe champ game for the rhein fire.

he was cut and now probably holds down a lucrative job washing tommy maddox's car and mowing his lawn.

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I want to say he's sombody's scout now, but I can't remember. I was thinking of him too. There's someone in the draft I think named Martin Tee something.

polamalu82
03-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Tamaurice Nigel "Tee" Martin (born July 25, 1978 in Mobile, Alabama) is a former American football quarterback who played in the National Football League and Canadian Football League. Martin coached at Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia. He helped lead the Maroon Tigers to the number 1 offense in their division. Currently, Martin is the Quarterback coach at North Cobb High School in Kennesaw, GA. His nickname is pronounced "T-EE" not "T-AY" as some gather from his given name Tamaurice. Tamaurice married Latoya Rodriguez on November 3, 2005 and they have a son together, Kaden Martin. They reside in Atlanta, GA.

Professional career

Tee Martin is the former University of Tennessee quarterback who led the Volunteers to an undefeated 13-0 season on their way to back-to-back SEC titles and the 1998 National Championship. He holds the Tennessee record for most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback with 17 and ranks 6th on the All Time list of total yards in just two years as a starter.

Tee Martin was drafted in the fifth round by the Pittsburgh Steelers. In 2004 Martin retired as an Oakland Raider after four NFL seasons. Martin also spent one season in the NFL Europe league. During the 2002 season, he led the Rhein Fire to a league best 7-3 record. The Fire lost in the World Bowl, falling 20-26 to the Berlin Thunder.

Martin currently own Playmakers Sports,a company specializing in sports event planning, quarterback training, and skills development and is also a college football expert on Comcast Sports Southeast program Talkin' Football. Martin also is one of the most well renown quarterback coaches in the country. He is a quarterback coach for the Nike Elite 11 Quarterback Camps, Nike Football Training Camps, and has trained many Division 1 and professional quarterbacks. Martin can be reached via website www.Playmakers-Sports.com

College career

While a junior at the University of Tennessee in 1998, Martin led the 1998 Tennessee Volunteers football team to a 13-0 record and a Fiesta Bowl victory over Florida State University, as the school won its first NCAA Division I-A national football championship since 1951. This was also the second time Tennessee had been considered the consensus national champion, with the other NCAA Consensus National Championship being in 1951. Four other NCAA Division I-A national football championship seasons are recognized by the NCAA (1938, 1940, 1950, and 1967), but are not consensus. Before his final two seasons, Martin was a backup to Peyton Manning. He was also teammates with running back Jamal Lewis in his early years at Tennessee and Peerless Price each who would go on to play in the NFL.

Also, in the 1998 season, Martin broke the NCAA record for consecutive completions. Against South Carolina Martin completed his first 23 passes. Combined with a completion the previous week against Alabama, Martin's string of 24 completions set the new record.

Martin's role on the national championship team caused a minor controversy on the University of Tennessee campus; some Knoxville, Tennessee African-American leaders said that since Peyton Manning, who did not win a championship, had had a street named after him after leaving the university, not considering the same for Martin would be racism. In response, South Stadium Drive was renamed Tee Martin Drive.

In 1999, Martin led the Vols to their third consecutive Bowl Championship Series|BCS] bowl. During Martin's 2 years as a starter at Tennessee, the Vols were undefeated against 4 of his main conference rivals.(2-0 vs Alabama, 2-0 vs Auburn, 2-0 vs Georgia, 2-0 vs Kentucky, and Beat Florida)

There ya go. Everything you need to know about "Tee" Martin.:thumbsup:

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Gee, ya think you could've found just a little more information? :wink02:

polamalu82
03-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Gee, ya think you could've found just a little more information? :wink02:

:dang:Yeah sorry, I couldn't find anything about his tax history.:sofunny:

Steeler in Carolina
03-20-2008, 10:45 PM
I think he was drafted in that new football league. However, they suspended this season for money reason. I think the Tennessee team drafted him.

NJarhead
03-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I think he was drafted in that new football league. However, they suspended this season for money reason. I think the Tennessee team drafted him.

XFL?
AFL?

Petesburgh66
03-20-2008, 10:55 PM
There ya go. Everything you need to know about "Tee" Martin.:thumbsup:

Ummmm, that isn't all. He also played in the CFL for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Martin spent part of the 2004 season and all of the 2005 season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL. Martin finished the 2005 season completing 40-of-95 pass attempts for 458 yards, 1 touchdown and 4 interceptions. He decided not to return to the Bombers for the 2006 season.

http://www.footballspeakers.com/h/index.php?pid=108

polamalu82
03-20-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm guessing he's talking about this league. There's so many "new" ones though its hard to keep track.

ALL AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE? POSTPONES INAUGURAL SEASON UNTIL 2009

March 13, 2008

ATLANTA, GA -- The All American Football League? (AAFL) announced today the postponement of its inaugural season until 2009. The League will continue to build upon the foundation that has been established, and will continue to discuss opportunities with potential investors.

AAFL sponsors have committed to remain on board for the 2009 season. Currently, the League has corporate partnerships with New Balance, Baden Sports and Rogers Athletic. Also still in place for the 2009 season are a national radio partnership with Touchdown Radio & SportsDay Productions, and an internet broadcast partnership with PlayOn! Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting.

"We are so very fortunate to have built partnerships with companies who are partners in the truest sense of the word," said Keenan Davis, AAFL VP of League Operations and COO. "We sincerely appreciate their support as we progress toward our new goal of a 2009 inaugural season."

All fans who have purchased tickets to 2008 AAFL games will receive a full refund. Credit cards will be credited and any checks received will be returned.

Additional details regarding the AAFL's postponement are forthcoming.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Wow we should have got Tom!!!

polamalu82
03-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Ummmm, that isn't all. He also played in the CFL for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

http://www.footballspeakers.com/h/index.php?pid=108

Well that's Canadian football. It doesn't count....(Just kiddin' I see your from Canada).:sofunny:

polamalu82
03-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow we should have got Tom!!!

Yeah!!!!:thumbsup::coffee:

Tom's a beneficiary of cheating. Nothing more.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Jeez this guy played in every league

polamalu82
03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Jeez this guy played in every league

:sofunny:
Yeah, I guess he wanted to show "the world" his skills.(too bad the world didn't notice any)

MDSteel15
03-20-2008, 11:42 PM
:dang:Yeah sorry, I couldn't find anything about his tax history.:sofunny:

Nice Wikipedia.com article.

polamalu82
03-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Nice Wikipedia.com article.

Yeah, you gotta love search engines.:thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
03-21-2008, 04:37 AM
I thought tee would have been better then what he was but he just couldn't cut it.