PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE BE GENTLE

steelymcmatt
03-21-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm going to attempt to predict our first 3 rounds and give my reasoning.....please remember I'm just a waterboy (think Adam Sandler), but this is all in good fun!

Round 1: Brandon Albert....I know I know we just signed an O-lineman, but I think
that Hartwig is just a short term (2-3 year solution). In the meantime we
have a guard/tackle for 10 years. That will give us a chance to draft a
Center next year in a more center-rich draft OR develop one from within.

Round 2: Derrick Harvey.....May be a little bit of a stretch here, but I think his 98
tackles is well worth it.

Round 3: Adarius Bowman.....Big Ben finally gets his wish.

The biggest drawback to these picks is a lack of a shutdown corner. I could see us taking Talib or Flowers in the first, but I think we may still pick up someone later in the draft, or even a free agent (Raiders may have a couple extras) or we could always trade for Pacman kidding kidding kidding...please put down that shotgun

So there's my first three....I'm not smart enough to figure out who's going to be left in rounds 4-7 (well 6 for us--thanks for the memories Rossum:P). Plus I think these rounds are for developmental players/flyers.

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!!!!!!!

polamalu82
03-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I think with the Hartwig signing we might look to fill our OL needs in 2-3 which leaves the #1 as a best player available pick.

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 02:30 PM
we wont go with an O-lineman first

Texasteel
03-21-2008, 03:13 PM
If Brandon Albert makes it to 23, he will be the best available player.

Derrick Harvey will not make it out of the 1st round, he may not make it to 23. If we get Harvey in the 2nd round, I'm buying the beer.

Adarius Bowman has been sliding badly for the last couple of months, he has been having a case of the droppsies and right at the moment would probably would not go before the 4th or 5th round. He did have a good pro day and may have time to recover, but time is running out on him.

But these are all good players, thanks for the effort.

Steeldude
03-21-2008, 05:15 PM
The biggest drawback to these picks is a lack of a shutdown corner. I could see us taking Talib or Flowers in the first,

talib is not a shutdown CB. he is basically another mcfadden. i hope the steelers don't pull another bonehead move like they did when drafting the overrated simmons in the first round.

IMO, talib has too many negatives/doubts to be a first rounder.

Aussie_steeler
03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Albert in the first - Yes. Id support that totally
Harvey is gone by our pick
Bowman goes one or two rounds later ( but I do like him despite his falling stock)

Cheers

steelymcmatt
03-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure we take a o-lineman in the 1st either since the drafting of Hartwig, but I don't see a corner back or d-lineman worth the 23rd pick.....

Dylan
03-24-2008, 05:05 PM
i would be happy with albert in round 1 and harvey in round 2 that would probably one of the biggest steals, but unlikely to happen.

drew102e
03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
i would love this 1st 3 rounds

MDSteel15
03-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Like it better with Bowman in the 4th and Dre Moore in the 3rd!

Galax Steeler
03-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Like it better with Bowman in the 4th and Dre Moore in the 3rd!

The dre moore pick would defenitly give the team a boost.

MDSteel15
03-26-2008, 05:46 PM
:tt02: Definately :jammin:

MasterOfPuppets
03-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Like it better with Bowman in the 4th and Dre Moore in the 3rd!i really doubt dre moore lasts till the 3rd. i'd bet he doesn't make it past denver ( 42 )in the second.

MDSteel15
03-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Puppet, I'd really hate to see another one of our boys go to Denver!

Texasteel
03-26-2008, 06:09 PM
i really doubt dre moore lasts till the 3rd. i'd bet he doesn't make it past denver ( 42 )in the second.

Got to agree with you. I would love to see what Moore could do at DE for us. His quickness and size could trouble a O-line greatly. He may make it to the 3rd, but no way he makes it to our 3rd. I just hope Langford will still be there.

MDSteel15
03-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Well I'd love for us to somehow get Moore in the 2nd and take Godfrey in the 3rd

steelymcmatt
03-26-2008, 06:38 PM
I thought this was interesting.....
Here is the list of draft-eligible players that have met with the Steelers at their South Side facility. Teams are allowed to have 30 such visits leading up to the draft:

Shawn Crable, LB/DE, Michigan

Keilen Dykes, DE, West Virginia

Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee

*Mike McGlynn, OL, Pitt

Dre Moore, DE, Maryland

*Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt

*Darrell Strong, TE, Pitt

Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas

Ryan Torain, RB, Arizona State

*does not count as one of their official 30 visits

NOT THAT THIS MEANS ANYTHING, BUT I ONLY SEE 1 FIRST ROUNDER ON THIS LIST.....

Hines86Ward
03-27-2008, 01:49 AM
I'd like to see the Steelers pick Shawn Crable in the 3rd or 4th round....

He lives just a few blocks away from me :thumbsup:

MDSteel15
03-27-2008, 01:54 AM
I thought this was interesting.....
Here is the list of draft-eligible players that have met with the Steelers at their South Side facility. Teams are allowed to have 30 such visits leading up to the draft:

Shawn Crable, LB/DE, Michigan

Keilen Dykes, DE, West Virginia

Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee

*Mike McGlynn, OL, Pitt

Dre Moore, DE, Maryland

*Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt

*Darrell Strong, TE, Pitt

Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas

Ryan Torain, RB, Arizona State

*does not count as one of their official 30 visits

NOT THAT THIS MEANS ANYTHING, BUT I ONLY SEE 1 FIRST ROUNDER ON THIS LIST.....

Unfortunately there are 2, Otah and Talib....

steelymcmatt
03-27-2008, 01:09 PM
You're absolutely right....I wasn't counting Otah since it doesn't count towards our 30.

MDSteel15
03-27-2008, 11:57 PM
You're absolutely right....I wasn't counting Otah since it doesn't count towards our 30.

My bad dawg....

steelymcmatt
03-28-2008, 08:26 AM
s'all good yo