PDA

View Full Version : Now That Wilson Is Gone....

SteelerFanInATL
03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Since the Steelers have recently released Wilson, how much of a priority is it for us to draft a Receiver/TALL Receiver?:confused::confused:

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Much of one at least in our first 3 pick i see us getting a Wide out, Ben wants one we need one.

HometownGal
03-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Since the Steelers have recently released Wilson, how much of a priority is it for us to draft a Receiver/TALL Receiver?:confused::confused:

Considering Wilson is only 5'10", I don't think height is a huge factor here if we are talking about replacing him. I'd much prefer the Steelers to go out and get a WR who has decent speed, good hands, an honorable work ethic, and who will do what is asked of him instead of whining (as Wilson did).

polamalu82
03-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Considering Wilson is only 5'10", I don't think height is a huge factor here if we are talking about replacing him. I'd much prefer the Steelers to go out and get a WR who has decent speed, good hands, an honorable work ethic, and who will do what is asked of him instead of whining (as Wilson did).

We need a tall receiver(6' +). I love Hines but he is getting older and we don't just need a Wilson replacement. We never replaced Plex. That's the kinda guy size,speed and hands we need.

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 07:27 PM
For sure we do, we have great normal sized receivers and our core is ok but with a tall great receiver in their we would have a great core.

Mistah_Q
03-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Dallas Baker Touchdown Maker. . . Here's your opportunity. . it's your make or break year!

HometownGal
03-21-2008, 07:46 PM
We need a tall receiver(6' +). I love Hines but he is getting older and we don't just need a Wilson replacement. We never replaced Plex. That's the kinda guy size,speed and hands we need.

You made my point for me. :thumbsup: I'm not saying that I wouldn't love having another deep threat on the other side of Santo - I'd be insane not to want that, but I would also like to grab a Hines-type slot receiver as his heir apparent who could be utilized over the middle and become a valuable (and reliable like Hines) 3d receiver.

polamalu82
03-21-2008, 08:27 PM
You made my point for me. :thumbsup: I'm not saying that I wouldn't love having another deep threat on the other side of Santo - I'd be insane not to want that, but I would also like to grab a Hines-type slot receiver as his heir apparent who could be utilized over the middle and become a valuable (and reliable like Hines) 3d receiver.

I understand what your saying, though Ben did make it very apparent that he wanted a big target like Plex. A Plex type on the outside and Hines and Holmes sharing slot duties would be a nightmare for opposing team defenses. Not to mention them still having to worry about Big Ole' Heath sneaking down the field.:thumbsup:

MDSteel15
03-21-2008, 08:31 PM

You had me until you said hands because Lord knows Plax has dropped a lot of balls!!!

Texasteel
03-21-2008, 08:32 PM

I think we can get to caught up in a tall WR. Outside of the 1st round I have 2 favorites, Earl Bennett ( runs well, good hands, can get open, and can block), and the burner from Virginia Tech Eddie Royal ( good hands, and can get seperation). Royal is also a very good KR.

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Well the way its looking know i dont think any of us will know who we will be drafting until it happends we really have alot of options.

Texasteel
03-21-2008, 08:46 PM
And that my frend, is the smartes thing that any of us have said so far.

polamalu82
03-21-2008, 08:58 PM
You had me until you said hands because Lord knows Plax has dropped a lot of balls!!!

Yeah, but his hands sure do work when it counts the most. (18*-1):thumbsup:

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah, but his hands sure do work when it counts the most. (18*-1):thumbsup:

True that dont be hating on Plax, yea he only is good when he tries and diddnt here, but in NY dang he is a beast, and when he tries he is top 10 receivers in the NFL. Great TD in the SB! Its to bad he didnt play his ass off here.

Dylan
03-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Paul hubbard could be a good 2nd day pick

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Dallas Baker Touchdown Maker. . . Here's your opportunity. . it's your make or break year!

Yeah, if you want tall there is Walter Young and Dallas Baker. If you want good, then there should be some group 2 FA's available for pickup in june.

DACEB
03-22-2008, 05:36 PM

Absolutely, and return skills would be a must also. I'll probably get handed my head for this, but I don't think we need a WR at this juncture even with the departure of Wilson. I'd like to see what Baker and Young can do in the limited role our #4 WR plays. Right about now Willie Reid must be thanking his lucky stars, that Wilson is gone.