PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Tailgate 2008

Stlrs4Life
03-21-2008, 07:06 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/08_NFL_Logo.png http://www.schwimmerlegal.com/images/steelers.jpg

2008 http://www1.whdh.com/images/news_articles/389x205/061106_Pittsburgh_Steelers_logo.jpg Fan Blitz
Saturday, April 26th @ Heinz Field
1:00pm - 7:00 pm
Admission $10 - Adults, $5 for children 12 & under

*Tickets on sale @ www.ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/), all Giant Eagle Ticketmaster outlets and at the STEELERS Sideline stores, located at:
Monroeville Mall - South Hills Village - Pittsburgh Mills - Heinz Field - Prime Outlets at Grove City

*Current and Former STEELERS player Autographs (list closer to event)

*STEELERS Sideline Store will feature the best selection of STEELERS Merchandise anywhere

*Prize giveaways and contests all day

*Special activities for fans of all ages

*Live WDVE-FM broadcast

*Coca-Cola Great Hall will feature food concessions and a live band on stage

*The STEELERS Locker Room will feature equipment to "Dress like a STEELER"

*Daktronic board will feature live coverage of 2008 NFL Draft on NFL Network and ESPN

All members in attendance are invited to the Draft Day Tailgate. I will be deep frying a turkey in the lot. BYOB. You also can bring a dish of your own. Hope to have everybody bring a little of something. This is a kid friendly event. Parking will be in Gold Lot #1, (That's where we have been the poast 2 seasons anyway) and parking is usually $5. I will post the time as soon as they announce the time when they open the lots. Also post other info as gained. My cell number in case anybody has any questions: 724-651-9626

Stlrs4Life
03-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Nobody is showing up? Come on locals, this is a very fun event!

wiqidjuggalo
03-28-2008, 03:04 AM
I'm totally there man hope to catch up with you guys at the lot!

revefsreleets
03-28-2008, 12:52 PM
It's a GREAT time. Will this be in coordination with SN? Those used to be some truly hellacious parties...unfortunately there is no way I can make the time to head over this year, and I missed last year as well...but I did quit smoking after the draft day party three years ago:thumbsup:

Stlrs4Life
03-28-2008, 03:53 PM
For more info go here:

http://news.steelers.com/article/87888/

Stlrs4Life
03-28-2008, 03:55 PM
It's a GREAT time. Will this be in coordination with SN? Those used to be some truly hellacious parties...unfortunately there is no way I can make the time to head over this year, and I missed last year as well...but I did quit smoking after the draft day party three years ago:thumbsup:

Yeah, in some what coordination with SN, all are invited.

revefsreleets
03-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Yeah, in some what coordination with SN, all are invited.

Hey Dom, I'm pretty sure that after we smoked up all yours, we pilfered Pitt Charlie's Camel Filters. I'm 99% sure that was the brand of the last cigarette I ever smoked.

It was like 4:30 AM...I remember having to jump somebodies car at like 7:30 the next morning. I drove home after that. What a wild and weird and crazily fun weekend! If any of you guys are on the fence, trust me, it's worth going. There are people who fly in from all over the country for this...it's a damned good time!

Stlrs4Life
03-28-2008, 09:05 PM
It sure is a good time. I still have Pitt Charlies Hand Bag to that booby prize that he won 2 years ago. Remember that?

Stlrs4Life
03-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Here is all that will be signing autographs:

Current and former Steelers Player autographs will be held in the Coca-Cola Great Hall, East Club Lounge, West Rotunda and the West Concourse areas. Players currently scheduled to appear include Dan Sepulveda, Dwight White, John Banaszak, Jon Kolb, Gerry Mullins, Louis Lipps, Randy Grossman, Dwayne Woodruff, Mike Wagner, Andy Russell, and Robin Cole. Please check weekly for an updated player autograph list. The player’s schedules, locations and times are subject to change.

TheWarDen86
03-28-2008, 09:10 PM
If I lived closer I'd be there in a heart beat. I've been to Giants Stadium on Draft Day and had a blast. To date, I've yet to meet a single Steeler. :banging:

revefsreleets
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
It sure is a good time. I still have Pitt Charlies Hand Bag to that booby prize that he won 2 years ago. Remember that?

I thought that was Supe's bag? No, wait...I thought Coryea won that bag? I won the framed photos Cheryl took of the Three Rivers implosion.

Texasteel
03-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Darn, I wish I could get there. I guess I just sit here with my wings and beer, and poke fun at the cowboys.

Stlrs4Life
04-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I thought that was Supe's bag? No, wait...I thought Coryea won that bag? I won the framed photos Cheryl took of the Three Rivers implosion.

Supe donated it back the next year, and they raffled it off again and Pitt Charlie won it.

revefsreleets
04-03-2008, 09:16 AM
One word: eBay : )

sold12
04-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Can anybody come to your tailgate party. We will be rolling from Virginia. Our first time to the blitz. everybody says its a great time.

Stlrs4Life
04-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Can anybody come to your tailgate party. We will be rolling from Virginia. Our first time to the blitz. everybody says its a great time.

Yep, it is an open invite. Read the first post in this thread.

MasterOfPuppets
04-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Steely McBeam will be present the entire day to meet and greet Steelers fans.count me out.......:shake02:
just kiddin....:flap:......sounds like a blast !!! just last night i ran into a former coworker / buddy who happens to be working on a tunnel in between hienz and pnc....if he's stayin in the burg that weekend, i'm sure i could claim the couch for a few days...:thumbsup:

wiqidjuggalo
04-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Fan Blitz is always worth the trip no matter how far the distance(even though im only 26.5 miles away...) I went last year but i didnt get a chance to hook up with Dom and the rest of the crew but i fully intend on doin so this year.

millwalldavey
04-11-2008, 03:58 PM
ANyone think this would be good enough to drive 4 hours to attend? If I lived closed it would be a no brainer?

Any advice?

Galax Steeler
04-12-2008, 06:48 AM
I live about 5 and a half hours away and I was thinking about going myself.

Texasteel
04-12-2008, 09:40 AM
It would be a 4 hr. flight for me and I would still go if I could. Just as long as I don't have to be near the Jet fans.

sold12
04-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Where is the tailgate party gonna be located.

Stlrs4Life
04-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Where is the tailgate party gonna be located.

Parking will be in Gold Lot #1. I will have a banner up. It will say You're in Steelers Country. Look for it along the guard rail.

sold12
04-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Got my schedule today. Wow what a hard schedule. I will be at your tailgate party. Coming all the way from Virginia. Plus I will bring some extra drinks for you. Cold Coors Light. How does that sound.:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
04-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Save them for yourself, I only drink IC Light, plus it has to be a Union Made Beer for me to drink it! LOL!

FAB802
04-20-2008, 10:40 PM
ANyone think this would be good enough to drive 4 hours to attend? If I lived closed it would be a no brainer?

Any advice?

I've driven the five hours from Michigan the last two years and had a great time. It drizzled all day last year and it didn't even matter. Making the trek again this year. :tt03:

Preacher
04-21-2008, 12:58 AM
Save them for yourself, I only drink IC Light, plus it has to be a Union Made Beer for me to drink it! LOL!

Dom...

Somehow I think, that in a desperate moment... that rule wouldn't stick!

:chuckle:

revefsreleets
04-21-2008, 08:07 AM
I know when we ran out of smokes, it was a pretty desperate situation.

By the way, this years draft party will mark my 3 year anniversary of giving up the cancer sticks.:applaudit: Don't miss smoking at all!

sold12
04-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I have quit also. Since the first of the year. No issues here , but I haven't quit drinking. How much will parking be and will we be able to park in the Gold Lot.
:helmet:

revefsreleets
04-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh, I didn't quit drinking either. I literally smoked so much that weekend (easily 5-6 packs from Friday around 4 PM-Sunday morning around 4:30 AM) that my lungs just couldn't take it anymore.

wiqidjuggalo
04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
I usually park either at Smithfield/Liberty garage or on Carson St (just outside Station Square(its free over there)) I like the exercise and I LOVE walking with the masses of Steelers fans and showing the love and meeting new people. Its a total rush walking with around 1000 people all going in the same direction for the same purpose. For the support of our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers BABY!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

wiqidjuggalo
04-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to ask this earlier but here goes... Who else is going to the Pirates game after the draft? I know I will be there.

fugawzi
04-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Stlrs what time you plan on arriving at the stadium to set up?

sold12
04-22-2008, 02:20 PM
It's about 6 or 7 of us coming up. I cant wait. Im still gonna bring some Coors Light so I know you told me IC but somebody might drink it or you can give it away. Thanks again, and Im looking for the banner "Steeler Country" right..:helmet:

Stlrs4Life
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Dom...

Somehow I think, that in a desperate moment... that rule wouldn't stick!

:chuckle:

I do very well not to get myself into that situation.

Parking ios $5, and yes you will be able to park in the same lot.

Stlrs4Life
04-23-2008, 03:52 PM
It's about 6 or 7 of us coming up. I cant wait. Im still gonna bring some Coors Light so I know you told me IC but somebody might drink it or you can give it away. Thanks again, and Im looking for the banner "Steeler Country" right..:helmet:

Yeah, it will be along the guard rail close towards thwe Stadium, along General Robinson.