PDA

View Full Version : Teams actually want him!

BettisFan
03-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Report: Cowboys, Titans talking Pacman trade

The Cowboys and Titans are reportedly in trade talks involving suspended CB Pacman Jones.
No deal is imminent, but Dallas is probably one of only a few teams that can risk giving up a pick for a player that might not see the field in 2008. The sides are discussing a late-rounder as compensation. If they acquire him, the Cowboys might want to redo Jones' contract to make it incentive based. Mar. 20 - 5:19 pm et
Source: Dallas Morning News

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=114342

Why would any one want a player who has done a ton worse than Harrison and Wilson combined, hes just a bad guy. Lol his agent says he would be perfect in New England.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Agent-says-Patriots-would-be-a-good-fit-for-Pacm?urn=nfl,72922

jjpro11
03-22-2008, 05:46 AM
well.. they are the cowboys.. look at their history of players.

silver & black
03-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Report: Cowboys, Titans talking Pacman trade

The Cowboys and Titans are reportedly in trade talks involving suspended CB Pacman Jones.
No deal is imminent, but Dallas is probably one of only a few teams that can risk giving up a pick for a player that might not see the field in 2008. The sides are discussing a late-rounder as compensation. If they acquire him, the Cowboys might want to redo Jones' contract to make it incentive based. Mar. 20 - 5:19 pm et

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=114342

Why would any one want a player who has done a ton worse than Harrison and Wilson combined, hes just a bad guy. Lol his agent says he would be perfect in New England.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Agent-says-Patriots-would-be-a-good-fit-for-Pacm?urn=nfl,72922

Probably because he is a talented player.

My personal opinion is that players like him should be kicked out of the game altogether. But, as long as they are allowed to remain, teams will be interested, because when all is said and done, the NFL is a business... a results driven business, and teams will do what they think is necassary to succeed... even if it means signing a bad seed and hoping to keep him in line.

BettisFan
03-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Probably because he is a talented player.

My personal opinion is that players like him should be kicked out of the game altogether. But, as long as they are allowed to remain, teams will be interested, because when all is said and done, the NFL is a business... a results driven business, and teams will do what they think is necassary to succeed... even if it means signing a bad seed and hoping to keep him in line.

And this just brings us full circle back to Cedric and James.

19ward86
03-22-2008, 12:20 PM
How do the Cowgirls have enough cap to even think about signing him THEN signing 2 first round draft picks in april??????

fansince'76
03-22-2008, 12:26 PM
How do the Cowgirls have enough cap to even think about signing him THEN signing 2 first round draft picks in april??????

It's called salary cap hell, which the Redskins are in right now after several years of folks asking the exact same thing about them.

silver & black
03-22-2008, 02:46 PM

I would think that he wouldn't get paid anywhere near what he would if he was a good guy that stayed out of trouble. With his history of trouble, I would assume (I know :wink02:) that he would be signed somewhere around league minimum to a one year deal that has a behaviour clause in it.

revefsreleets
03-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Raiders, anyone? Maybe the Skins as well...Ravens might take a look, and, Hell, Pacman would make a perfect Bengal. There are 4-5 teams in the NFL who have no scruples at all and value winning above all. Fortunately, they are all teams who rarely win at all anymore. Thank Christ the Cowboys didn't go to the SB this year.

silver & black
03-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Raiders, anyone? Maybe the Skins as well...Ravens might take a look, and, Hell, Pacman would make a perfect Bengal. There are 4-5 teams in the NFL who have no scruples at all and value winning above all. Fortunately, they are all teams who rarely win at all anymore. Thank Christ the Cowboys didn't go to the SB this year.

Funny you should mention the Raiders. Its been discussed on our forum, but not within the organization, as far as I know.

Every team values winning above all... even if you turn a blind eye to the fact that your Steelers do to.

revefsreleets
03-22-2008, 03:06 PM
You type it all the while knowing it's simply not true...the Steelers have a long history of dumping garbage not picking it up. Teams like the Raiders are the ones who live on the moral fringe, like telemarketers who sell bogus health insurance to senior citizens...yeah, technically, it's not illegal, just immoral and distasteful and wrong. But you tell yourself it's okay for long enough and you find a way to live with it.

Makes me damned proud I'm a Steelers fan!

silver & black
03-22-2008, 03:18 PM
You type it all the while knowing it's simply not true...the Steelers have a long history of dumping garbage not picking it up. Teams like the Raiders are the ones who live on the moral fringe, like telemarketers who sell bogus health insurance to senior citizens...yeah, technically, it's not illegal, just immoral and distasteful and wrong. But you tell yourself it's okay for long enough and you find a way to live with it.

Makes me damned proud I'm a Steelers fan!

I'm glad you're proud to be a Steelers fan... I'm just as proud to be a Raiders fan. You keep telling yourself that winning isn't the most importent thing for your team... they aren't there to be a moral compas, I guarantee it.

Enough with the barbs... tell me exactly how the Raiders "live on the moral fringe". Because they had/have a reputation of giving players that no one else wanted a chance to prove that were worth a second chance? Because back in the day they kicked everyone in the teeth (including your Steelers) and dared them to do something about it? You seem to have morals and toughness c onfused.

Go ahead and tell me about all the "criminals" the Raiders have on their team... I need a good laugh.

MasterOfPuppets
03-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Funny you should mention the Raiders. Its been discussed on our forum, but not within the organization, as far as I know.

Every team values winning above all... even if you turn a blind eye to the fact that your Steelers do to.
geEz dude !!!! we just lost cedric wilson due to higher morals !!!! CEDRIC FREAKIN WILSON !!! :banging:..........:toofunny:

silver & black
03-22-2008, 03:49 PM
geEz dude !!!! we just lost cedric wilson due to higher morals !!!! CEDRIC FREAKIN WILSON !!! :banging:..........:toofunny:

Yeah, well, sorry about that. I just get real tired of the "criminal element" bullsh*t comments that get thrown at the Raiders constantly.

Throughout the history of the NFL there have been some pretty "questionable" players that played for quite a few other teams besides the Raiders.

Misfits and difficult personalities do not equate to "criminals".

Sorry if I pissed some of you off, but I've read and heard a bellyfull of that crap lately. I kind of thought the people over here were a bit more intelligent, and didn't buy into all the media BS and perception that passes for truth these days. Its like anything negative written or said about the Raiders is the gospel truth... and nothing could be further from it.

MasterOfPuppets
03-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah, well, sorry about that. I just get real tired of the "criminal element" bullsh*t comments that get thrown at the Raiders constantly.

Throughout the history of the NFL there have been some pretty "questionable" players that played for quite a few other teams besides the Raiders.

Misfits and difficult personalities do not equate to "criminals".

Sorry if I pissed some of you off, but I've read and heard a bellyfull of that crap lately. I kind of thought the people over here were a bit more intelligent, and didn't buy into all the media BS and perception that passes for truth these days. Its like anything negative written or said about the Raiders is the gospel truth... and nothing could be further from it.very true s & b.....the only thing the raiders are guilty of ,is al davis stupidity.

silver & black
03-22-2008, 04:35 PM
very true s & b.....the only thing the raiders are guilty of ,is al davis stupidity.

Thanks for acknowledging that.

I understand what you are getting at about Al Davis, but I don't think stupidity is a word that I would use to describe him. He has made mistakes in the past, no doubt, just as all the owners have, but he is far from stupid. Bullheaded, eccentric, maveric, rogue, one of a kind... all can be said of Al Davis.

The moves he is making this off season assures me he still wants to win badly. They may not pan out, and then they might... we'll just have to wait and see. At least he is making the effort to turn it around... which is more than can be said for other owners.

MasterOfPuppets
03-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks for acknowledging that.

I understand what you are getting at about Al Davis, but I don't think stupidity is a word that I would use to describe him. He has made mistakes in the past, no doubt, just as all the owners have, but he is far from stupid. Bullheaded, eccentric, maveric, rogue, one of a kind... all can be said of Al Davis.

The moves he is making this off season assures me he still wants to win badly. They may not pan out, and then they might... we'll just have to wait and see. At least he is making the effort to turn it around... which is more than can be said for other owners.
some of al's personel decsions could be viewed as "stupid". i'm not questioning al's desire to "just win baby".....but you don't become perrennial losers by making "smart " decisions. a smart person learns from thier mistakes, but yet for years,al stays consistent with his boneheaded way of thinking that thier only a QB or coach away from the big one. so......who's your coach this year ???

silver & black
03-22-2008, 05:12 PM
some of al's personel decsions could be viewed as "stupid". i'm not questioning al's desire to "just win baby".....but you don't become perrennial losers by making "smart " decisions. a smart person learns from thier mistakes, but yet for years,al stays consistent with his boneheaded way of thinking that thier only a QB or coach away from the big one. so......who's your coach this year ???

Believe me, there are enough of us Raider fans that don't worship the ground Al Davis walks on. I agree that he has made some "stupid" decisions over the years, but that doesn't mean the man is stupid... it just means he made mistakes.

Everyone seems to forget that we won 3 straight division titles, the AFC Championship, and went to the Superbowl just 5 years ago. 5 years of losing is a bad stretch, granted... but "perenial loseres" is a bit of a stretch too.

This is new for us Raiders fans too... we have never experienced a losing streak like this. I'm getting a dose of reality about how fans of some of the truly bad teams in the league must feel. I can't imagine how it is for your team to 10-15 years without a winning season. Hopefully, I won't find out.

ps... Kiffin is still the coach... contrary to popular belief.

Dylan
03-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Jeery Jones doesnt care about off field problems. he just wants to win

BettisFan
03-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Jeery Jones doesnt care about off field problems. he just wants to win
Hes old enough not to be allowed to make any discions! Hes been there for ever, also alot of teams dont really care about off field problems thats why NFL is getting to have the bad image that the NBA has.

SteelCityMan786
03-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Well I guess Jerry thinks he can fix another headcase.

MasterOfPuppets
03-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Hes old enough not to be allowed to make any discions! Hes been there for ever, also alot of teams dont really care about off field problems thats why NFL is getting to have the bad image that the NBA has.jones has owned the cowboys for about 19 years.....thats a long way from forever........:coffee:

Dylan
03-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Hes old enough not to be allowed to make any discions! Hes been there for ever, also alot of teams dont really care about off field problems thats why NFL is getting to have the bad image that the NBA has.

what? i could probably only think of about 5-6 teams maybe not even that who dont look at character issues. one man could destroy a team not make a team

BettisFan
03-23-2008, 01:34 AM
what? i could probably only think of about 5-6 teams maybe not even that who dont look at character issues. one man could destroy a team not make a team

Yea exactly alot of teams arent researching enough the kids who they draft and looking at their historys, Roger is trying to really promote that with the problems increasing in the nfl.

Elvis
03-23-2008, 06:15 AM
:hug:
I hope that the Cowboys owe this young man for years to come. I cant believe that someone would actually be dum enough to give this guy money right now.

Texasteel
03-23-2008, 09:08 AM
I have been in contact with Pacman and am now making a list of all the strip clubs in the Dallas, Ft. Worth area. I guess that means the deal is close to being done.

Steel Buckeye
03-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Pacman Jones is trash. I'm sure he'll end up doing something stupid and his punk ass will finally be banned from the NFL.

fansince'76
03-23-2008, 04:09 PM
jones has owned the cowboys for about 19 years.....thats a long way from forever........:coffee:

To a 16-year-old kid, 19 years IS forever, actually. However, the kid is right in a sense - Jones IS a meddling fool. There is a reason the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996.

Preacher
03-23-2008, 05:00 PM
To a 16-year-old kid, 19 years IS forever, actually. However, the kid is right in a sense - Jones IS a meddling fool. There is a reason the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996.

Yep.

Let your players play, coaches coach, and owners take care of the business. WHen those get confused, well... You get the Cowboys or the Raiders.

Al Davis. . .

The question needs to be asked if the game has passed him by, or if he is starting to have issues because of his age, not making the wisest of decisions.

silver & black
03-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Yep.

Let your players play, coaches coach, and owners take care of the business. WHen those get confused, well... You get the Cowboys or the Raiders.

Al Davis. . .

The question needs to be asked if the game has passed him by, or if he is starting to have issues because of his age, not making the wisest of decisions.

Well, at least you included Jerry Jones in there along with Al Davis. It has always amazed me that Jones gets a free pass, while Davis is scorned for his meddling.

The only thing I would say in Davis' defense (and its weak) is that Davis has forgotten more about football than Jones ever knew.

To answer your question: I don't think either is correct... I think he just plain made some bad decisions.

fansince'76
03-23-2008, 05:16 PM
The only thing I would say in Davis' defense (and its weak) is that Davis has forgotten more about football than Jones ever knew.

To answer your question: I don't think either is correct... I think he just plain made some bad decisions.

No question about it - Jones has no right to be mentioned anywhere near Davis as far as being a football mind and team manager are concerned. However, I think Davis has "slipped" a bit in decision-making ability because of his age, personally. After all, Dan Rooney is 3 years younger than Davis, and he has been ceding more and more responsibility for team operations to Art II in recent years. And after the still all-too-recent PR gaffe with his comments about "Jimmy" Harrison, it's become painfully apparent that he needs to hand the PR/media handling duties over to Art II as well. I think running a NFL franchise is a bit much to ask a man of almost 80 years of age to do and do well.

silver & black
03-23-2008, 06:34 PM
No question about it - Jones has no right to be mentioned anywhere near Davis as far as being a football mind and team manager are concerned. However, I think Davis has "slipped" a bit in decision-making ability because of his age, personally. After all, Dan Rooney is 3 years younger than Davis, and he has been ceding more and more responsibility for team operations to Art II in recent years. And after the still all-too-recent PR gaffe with his comments about "Jimmy" Harrison, it's become painfully apparent that he needs to hand the PR/media handling duties over to Art II as well. I think running a NFL franchise is a bit much to ask a man of almost 80 years of age to do and do well.

The only reason I say he hasn't slipped is because he sounds so sharp in interviews. He doesn't stutter and falter for words... he sounds like Al to me. But, I agree with you, at his age, he really has to think about letting someone help out a little.

I think the problem there lies in the fact that he has basicaly done it all himself for so long, that he doesn't trust anyone else. The only person he ever really trusted for football advice was Ron Wolf. Ironicaly, the best years the Raiders ever had was when Ron Wolf was the talent evaluator and had a big hand in draft decisions. The Raiders have not drafted well since Wolf left.

lilyoder6
03-23-2008, 07:23 PM
i think that pacman jones was a good player on the field.. i wonder if he kept in shape.. and if he can actually go thru a season w/o having problems,,

BettisFan
03-23-2008, 07:30 PM
He was in some wrestling league so in good shape physically yes mentally unknown...

Galax Steeler
03-25-2008, 07:17 AM
wherever he goes I don't think it will take long for him to get into trouble again.

CantStop85
03-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Pacman swears off strip clubs ... for next 3-4 years

During an interview on a Dallas radio show hosted by Michael Irvin and Kevin Kiley, the two hosts got into some football nitty-gritty with Tennessee Titan Pacman Jones Tuesday according to the Dallas Morning News.

And near the end of the show, they asked the question that's on everybody's mind: Will the man who is famous for making it rain stay out of strip clubs? They even noted that there are dozens of those places around these parts.

"I cannot say ever, ever," Pacman said. "But I can say they won't see me [in strip clubs] for the next three or four years."

fansince'76
03-27-2008, 12:23 AM
And near the end of the show, they asked the question that's on everybody's mind: Will the man who is famous for making it rain stay out of strip clubs? They even noted that there are dozens of those places around these parts.

"I cannot say ever, ever," Pacman said. "But I can say they won't see me [in strip clubs] for the next three or four years."

Yeah, I'll bet. I got $20 that says he's in the nearest topless bar the same day he's reinstated. :coffee:

revefsreleets
03-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Sure that wasn't "The Onion"?

atlsteelers
03-27-2008, 08:13 AM
i would welcome pacman on my team. the kid has had a few off the field problems but has yet to be convicted of any real crime. Everytime the charges have been droped. Dallas is offering a 7th round pick, thats what we gave up for rossum. Who would you rather have returning kicks? Give the kid a chance, you can structure the contract to protect the team if he gets in trouble. Who cares if he enjoys the shoe modeling places, i like them and that does not make me a criminal. Offer a 6th round pick and see what happens.

stlrtruck
03-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I'll bet. I got $20 that says he's in the nearest topless bar the same day he's reinstated. :coffee:

I'll bet his entry fee, the first time he comes to Tampa he missed lights out!

lilyoder6
03-27-2008, 10:02 AM
yes 4 a 7th rd pick with a player with the ability he showed would be a nice pick up... i guess we will find out.. the clubs will be calling his name after the 1st game..

fansince'76
03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
i would welcome pacman on my team. the kid has had a few off the field problems but has yet to be convicted of any real crime. Everytime the charges have been droped. Dallas is offering a 7th round pick, thats what we gave up for rossum. Who would you rather have returning kicks? Give the kid a chance, you can structure the contract to protect the team if he gets in trouble. Who cares if he enjoys the shoe modeling places, i like them and that does not make me a criminal. Offer a 6th round pick and see what happens.

Has anybody ever wound up wheelchair-bound for life as a direct result of your actions in one of those "shoe modeling" places? If he wasn't a pro athlete, he'd probably be doing time right now. The charges weren't all dropped, he simply plea-bargained to lesser charges. The guy's a scumbag.

Yep, definitely a guy I'd want sporting the black and gold: http://www.lvrj.com/news/11264561.html

atlsteelers
03-27-2008, 03:40 PM
appearently the prosecutor did not think he had direct involvement in the shooting.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-11-15-3906344893_x.htm

the link you posted was incorrect - all he pleaded to was disorderly conduct. probally far less than what James Harrison might get charged with. Nobody is perfect and if he can return kicks for tds and shutdown the other teams number one reciever, i would sign him today.

fansince'76
03-27-2008, 04:20 PM
appearently the prosecutor did not think he had direct involvement in the shooting.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-11-15-3906344893_x.htm

the link you posted was incorrect - all he pleaded to was disorderly conduct. probally far less than what James Harrison might get charged with. Nobody is perfect and if he can return kicks for tds and shutdown the other teams number one reciever, i would sign him today.

Actually, what I posted wasn't incorrect - from the USA Today story you cited:

A judge accepted a plea deal Thursday reducing felony charges against suspended NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones to a gross misdemeanor that will get him probation in return for his testimony about a strip club triple shooting.

The article I cited stated that he plea-bargained to a lesser charge and that's exactly what he did. If you'd sign him after being arrested six times in the space of 3 years if you were a GM, more power to you. I personally wouldn't, that's all. He may not have pulled the trigger, but more than a few witnesses at the scene have stated that they saw him get into a car with the guy who did pull the trigger afterwards. There are more than a couple folks around here rationalizing Cedrick Wilson's release by saying he had two "strikes" against him, when one of the "strikes" involved his whacked-out girlfriend in an armed standoff with police while he was nowhere on the premises. How is this any different?

lilyoder6
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
pacman jones wasn't the one who shot the guy and left him 4 a wheelchair... was he the one who pulled the trigger??

fansince'76
03-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Moral of the story - superior athletic talent trumps all else, and it doesn't matter how big a scumbag a guy is if he can run fast enough and/or score a few TDs/get a few sacks. Shoulda learned my lesson from the Harrison/Wilson threads, I guess.

atlsteelers
03-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Its not fair to site him for being arrested 6 times without bringing up the fact that he was never convicted of the brought up charges. yes he has pleaded down. people like to say that he only got off since he was a pro athelete or along those lines, i think that he may have only been arrested because he is a pro athlete during some of former incidents. he did demostrate poor judgement but folks go after these athletes becasue of their wealth and often because of their wealth and race. I can understand that you would not want him to be a steeler, but i am just saying that he might be worth another chance. he does deserve the chance to play in the NFl agian. the new commish is suspending players and denying their right to work before they have ever been convicted up a crime. i would be ticked if my employeer treated me that way. the former commish allowed ray lewis to play even though he was charged with murder. we can agree to diagree but i would give the young man a chance.

BettisFan
03-30-2008, 12:09 PM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports a deal that would send suspended CB Pacman Jones to the Cowboys is imminent.
The Cowboys and Titans reportedly spent Thursday working out the deal. Tennessee is asking for a third-round pick, while Dallas is only offering a sixth-rounder. However, it won't be too hard to bridge that gap by making the pick conditional. Dallas appears confident Jones will be reinstated for 2008. Mar. 27 - 8:39 pm et
Source: Profootballtalk.com

tony hipchest
03-30-2008, 12:28 PM
even if he isnt reinstated immediately, it is a good move for dallas (who has reportedly offered to throw a player in on the deal).

unfortunately, lapdance-man jones will do for their defense what t.o. did for their offense. jerry jones knows you can win superbowls with talented crackheads and carousers. thats all that he cares about, and the deal will be done.

BettisFan
03-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Yea when Pacman played jeez he was amazing, he could return and could pick anything off.

millwalldavey
03-30-2008, 12:40 PM
It would be nice... if just once, some major organization in the public light, be it a sports team, record label, TV network, etc, would just finally start to turn their backs on people like this and the influence they bring and have on our society.

Stlrs4Life
03-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Rumor thus far:

.........For a fifth round pick.

"As expected, Pacman Jones has been traded to Cowboys for a reported 5th round pick, this according to RotoTimes sources. The report noted that a news conference is scheduled for early Monday morning."

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=217617