PDA

View Full Version : Branden Albert wants to play for us???

19ward86
03-22-2008, 12:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/branden-albert?id=660

If you click on Q&A they ask him if he plays madden and what team he plays with, he responds with saying he plays with the Steelers. No offense but we suck on madden because Roethlisberger always sucks on there and Parker can break tackles, so that leads me to believe he is just a fan.

fansince'76
03-22-2008, 01:14 PM
That should be a combine statistic - height, weight, 40-time, bench reps, what team the guy plays with on Madden....

millwalldavey
03-22-2008, 01:34 PM
LOL. Would be nice, but dunno if he'll be there... stranger things have happened...

19ward86
03-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Didnt mean it like that but in all of his interviews he says that he likes the steelers offensive system and how he would like playing here, that is great to know because he can be happy with a steelers size contract.

MasterOfPuppets
03-22-2008, 03:50 PM
That should be a combine statistic - height, weight, 40-time, bench reps, what team the guy plays with on Madden....:sofunny:

DACEB
03-22-2008, 04:12 PM
No offense but we suck on madden because Roethlisberger always sucks on there and Parker can break tackles, so that leads me to believe he is just a fan.

I only play with the Steelers, and they don't suck. Parker gets a kick return for a TD almost every game. Miller is awesome and Ben is fine.

Uh, did I get off topic?
I want him to play for us too!!

fansince'76
03-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Didnt mean it like that but in all of his interviews he says that he likes the steelers offensive system and how he would like playing here, that is great to know because he can be happy with a steelers size contract.

More of the "Rooneys are cheap" bullshit. Why is that, because they don't massively overpay unproven players coming out of college? That's one of the reasons we almost never are drafting in the top 10. The Rooneys do pay and pay big for players that prove they are actually worth a damn - Ben, Troy and Hines are proof of that. Sorry I seem to be going off, but I am really sick of hearing this ill-informed bullshit argument.

Dylan
03-22-2008, 09:38 PM
that would be awsome,.. hell be motivated all the time if hes here. sounds like hes an unselfish player also

Elvis
03-23-2008, 01:20 PM

If you click on Q&A they ask him if he plays madden and what team he plays with, he responds with saying he plays with the Steelers. No offense but we suck on madden because Roethlisberger always sucks on there and Parker can break tackles, so that leads me to believe he is just a fan.

But he says he doesnt put himself on the team! Why or how does that prove that he wants to play in the Steeletown?

polamalu82
03-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Albert has just seen all the mock drafts with the Steelers taking him. He prob. figured he'd kiss a little ass.

Galax Steeler
03-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Albert has just seen all the mock drafts with the Steelers taking him. He prob. figured he'd kiss a little ass.

I would love to see this kid in black and gold.

drew102e
03-25-2008, 12:56 PM
wonder if heath miller endorsed this kid since they may have played together

we would be lucky to have this guy if hes there at 23

CanadianSteel
03-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Don't claim to be a draft guru of any sort, just an occasional reader of info and reports on players and eveything I have seen on Albert has been good.
Would be very happy if he was available at 23 and we picked him !

Plus then he can add himself to our roster on madden, and see how he does.....

Newzfoxjr
03-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Screw that, we don't suck on Madden. I OWN with the Steelers. My strategy is almost impossible to beat the first time you play me. And the second time it's not much easier.

But eh, he could be a fan. Doesn't matter if we don't get him. XD

millwalldavey
03-25-2008, 07:05 PM
I want Branden Albert to play for us! How bout them eggs!

(There are also a lot of other players I could say that for as well...)

faneca05
03-26-2008, 02:08 PM
I think having branden albert there at 23 isnt really that hard to imagine considering how he is a guard and most of the teams that need o-line help are going to be looking for tackles.

Jeremy
03-26-2008, 02:19 PM

I went 15-1 with last season's schedule on Madden 08. And that was on the hard setting.

Of course I traded Parker and Fancea before the season started.

Big7BenHOF
03-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Not too sure if I'd want us to draft a lineman in the first round. Since signing Hartwig, it moves Mahan back to guard, which really should open the first round for a skills player such as Hardy, Stewart (if he's there), Thomas, Cason, etc.

Galax Steeler
03-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Not too sure if I'd want us to draft a lineman in the first round. Since signing Hartwig, it moves Mahan back to guard, which really should open the first round for a skills player such as Hardy, Stewart (if he's there), Thomas, Cason, etc.

I really don't see us taking stewart as much as I like him because of the moore sighning.

MasterOfPuppets
03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
ok....so trading faneca for mahan is a sure fire way to build a superbowl team !!! :thumbsup:.....maybe they shouldn't have signed Ben, and just picked up kyle boller next year !!! :wink02:

paw-n-maul-u
03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
the more and more I think about it, signing albert would not get me excited at all, but then again seeing ben on his back doesnt do much for me either.

does anyone think that maybe our problems last year were a culmination of just injuries, two new starters, and a new offense by arians (not sayin he was the problem at all, just the learning curve it takes to get a new offense down). , maybe a few coverage sacks, maybe just ben holding onto the ball too long a couple times

Holmes, Ward, Sweed/Hardy/Kelly/Thomas, Miller, Washington ... thats a really good receiving core ... I'd rather just see us go O-line is second or third round.

MasterOfPuppets
03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
the more and more I think about it, signing albert would not get me excited at all, but then again seeing ben on his back doesnt do much for me either.

does anyone think that maybe our problems last year were a culmination of just injuries, two new starters, and a new offense by arians (not sayin he was the problem at all, just the learning curve it takes to get a new offense down). , maybe a few coverage sacks, maybe just ben holding onto the ball too long a couple times

Holmes, Ward, Sweed/Hardy/Kelly/Thomas, Miller, Washington ... thats a really good receiving core ... I'd rather just see us go O-line is second or third round.

the fact that he was sacked 49 times in 2006 shoots down that theory. ben holding the ball too long is a factor, but when you figure how many should be sacks he avoids because of immediate protection breakdowns, it evens out.

DACEB
03-27-2008, 07:51 AM
What was this thread about?

Oh yea, if only we could land Albert and Groves 'because they want to play for us'. Groves supposedly fell in love with Tomlin, how 'Tomlin looked in his eyes and gave him such confidence'.

Now this post is starting to sound like a soap opera.

Steeldude
03-27-2008, 09:06 AM
More of the "Rooneys are cheap" bullshit. Why is that, because they don't massively overpay unproven players coming out of college? That's one of the reasons we almost never are drafting in the top 10. The Rooneys do pay and pay big for players that prove they are actually worth a damn - Ben, Troy and Hines are proof of that. Sorry I seem to be going off, but I am really sick of hearing this ill-informed bullshit argument.

i wish the NFL would come out with a rookie salary cap.

SteelersTilIDie
03-27-2008, 02:56 PM
at least we know he bleeds black and gold