PDA

View Full Version : Let's get behind Batch !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Ben is out, Batch is in, he's had all week to practice w/ the first string offense so let's hear it and support him! :tt: :tt: :tt:

Prosdo
11-03-2005, 02:44 PM
I agree. We have to get behind the guy. He played pretty well in the preseason. Hopefully he will do the same come Sunday. Come on Batch we need a win!

tony hipchest
11-03-2005, 02:47 PM
reasons to be optomistic about batch (i know i posted this before the jaxsonville game but is just as pertinent now):

first of all ben is not replaceable, and their may only be about 5 STARTERS in the nfl that could replace what he brings to the table, let alone 2nd and 3rd stringers. but there are plenty of reasons steelers can succeed with batch or maddox.

the steelers went through this last year. rallying behind a back up qb is not unfamiliar to them.

batch has been on the team for a while and is trully a team mate. the players, and more importantly, coaches know, like , and respect him and im sure they will lay it on the line for him.

t. maddox started the final game against the bills last year and didnt play real well. however the defense and running game stepped up big for what was a huge win securing a 15-1 record.

batch will probably look like ben did as a rookie, making early mistakes and possibly throw some untimely interceptions but just as the other players picked up the slack for ben as he improved they will do the same for batch.

not to much game film on batch for the opposing defenses to study.

batch is still young for a veteran. this is when many 8 year qb's would be entering their prime.

batch is from pittsburgh, loves the city and the team and will be living out a dream. this has to give him extra incentive to do well.

j. bettis, w. parker, d. staley, excellent wr and te core. and the best d in the nfl.

hes not a complete unknown like b. st. pierre. batch has proven he can play and start in the nfl. im sure no one would rather see brian in there at this point.

we all know steelerfans can be quick to turn on a qb who doesnt perform. i hope the fans at the game next week cheer loud and often and keep the boo-birds away if he makes an early mistake. confidence will be key for him and i think the fans support will give him this. no need to shake his confidence and turn on him too quick, because at this point he is critical in going 4-1, and on.

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-03-2005, 03:09 PM
God I hope we win. We can't afford to fall behind Cincy who might just end up around a 10-6 or an 11-5 mark.

Lyn
11-03-2005, 03:28 PM
God I hope we win. We can't afford to fall behind Cincy who might just end up around a 10-6 or an 11-5 mark.

Is there any doubt:)

BB2W
11-03-2005, 03:31 PM
I feel like we can win with Batch, but then again I felt the same way about Tommy prior to the Jags game. :nervous:

TasmanianTroy271
11-03-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm not gonna say i'm worried about Batch, I'm excited to see him play. He looked good preseason and he loves this team. I hope he does well. Then we can finally get rid of Maddox. This game could seal Tommy's fate.

Lyn
11-03-2005, 03:38 PM
reasons to be optomistic about batch (i know i posted this before the jaxsonville game but is just as pertinent now):

first of all ben is not replaceable, and their may only be about 5 STARTERS in the nfl that could replace what he brings to the table, let alone 2nd and 3rd stringers. but there are plenty of reasons steelers can succeed with batch or maddox.

the steelers went through this last year. rallying behind a back up qb is not unfamiliar to them.

batch has been on the team for a while and is trully a team mate. the players, and more importantly, coaches know, like , and respect him and im sure they will lay it on the line for him.

t. maddox started the final game against the bills last year and didnt play real well. however the defense and running game stepped up big for what was a huge win securing a 15-1 record.

batch will probably look like ben did as a rookie, making early mistakes and possibly throw some untimely interceptions but just as the other players picked up the slack for ben as he improved they will do the same for batch.

not to much game film on batch for the opposing defenses to study.

batch is still young for a veteran. this is when many 8 year qb's would be entering their prime.

batch is from pittsburgh, loves the city and the team and will be living out a dream. this has to give him extra incentive to do well.

j. bettis, w. parker, d. staley, excellent wr and te core. and the best d in the nfl.

hes not a complete unknown like b. st. pierre. batch has proven he can play and start in the nfl. im sure no one would rather see brian in there at this point.

we all know steelerfans can be quick to turn on a qb who doesnt perform. i hope the fans at the game next week cheer loud and often and keep the boo-birds away if he makes an early mistake. confidence will be key for him and i think the fans support will give him this. no need to shake his confidence and turn on him too quick, because at this point he is critical in going 4-1, and on.

Very true, Steeler fans do not back a qb who consistently plays poorly. let's hope Charlie does not fall into that category.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-03-2005, 04:04 PM
It is good this is an away game so if he struggles early, he won't hear the boo birds. I think he will play good enough to put them in position to win this game.

bengalsfan21
11-03-2005, 06:33 PM
I hope you guys don't treat him and his family like you did Maddox after this week :busted:

Prosdo
11-03-2005, 06:37 PM
We're still not sure if the rumors were true. His wife denied most of it, but he says it happened. So whos knows. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_386653.html

Atlanta Dan
11-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Cannot let things slide the next several weeks while waiting for Ben to return:

This quote from Peter King on SportsIllustrated.com today

"Records of teams Bengals have beaten: 2-5, 2-5, 4-3, 1-6, 2-6, 1-6. Records of teams they play the rest of the way: 2-5, 7-0, 2-5, 5-2, 2-5, 3-4, 3-5, 4-3. In other words, print the playoff tickets, though it's entirely possible they could make the postseason without beating a team that finishes 2005 over .500."

Even assuming Steelers win the Dec 4 rematch, the only other teams Bengass play with currently winning records are Colts on Nov 20 and Chiefs the last game of regular season. Beating Cincy twice will win a division tie breaker but if Cincy only wins remaining games against sub .500 teams they finish 11-5.

Steelers will need to go at least 11-5 to win the division and beat teh bengals again to do it. Cannot afford to lose more than 1 of the next 3 games to do that.

Go Batch and Go Steelers!

SteelR1
11-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Let's go Batch, time to step up and earn that paycheck!!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS,, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

JerseySTEEL
11-03-2005, 10:54 PM
i have faith in Batch. In the preseason was pretty much the only QB to score in a TD for us. and ward is Friends with Batch so LETS GO BATCH!!!!!

bigbensgirl7
11-03-2005, 11:23 PM
I really think Batch can get the job done. I have faith in him with our system. I just hope if he does make an early mistake he doesn't let it get to his head.

GO BATCH AND GO STEELERS!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Batch is mobile, similar to Ben..the guy can escape pressure well...all we need to do is stick to the game plan and run willie and duce and mix it up w/ verron..while the bus rests; and let batch do his thing and there will be yards to be had in this game!

steelersgirl86
11-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Let's Go Batch....we need a win.....I think he can do it... :tt: :sign08:

clevestinks
11-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Being from Pittsburgh, if Batch were`nt a proffesional football player, then he would probably here with us on SF, so go Batch :grin: