PDA

View Full Version : Steelers don't take high road with Harrison

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-24-2008, 05:42 AM
Monday Madden: Steelers don't take high road with Harrison
By Mark Madden, Times Sports Columnist
Published: Monday, March 24, 2008 12:35 AM EDT

James Harrison hit a woman. Cedrick Wilson hit a woman.

So why did the Steelers cut Wilson, but keep Harrison?

Good question. Dan Rooney gave a bad answer.

The Steelers owner rarely puts his foot in his yap. But by suggesting that Harrison committed a lesser offense because he socked his girlfriend while on a noble pursuit (trying to have their son baptized), Rooney made a big mess into a bigger mess and has put the team in a position where the only move they can make to fix things is cut Harrison, the team MVP last season.

Cutting Harrison, by the way, is a bigger possibility than the Steelers would care to admit. Here’s betting it happens within a week.

By way of spiritual clarification, God does not condone violence against women even if a child’s baptism is being mooted. Jesus does not support smacking around your girlfriend until she has a religious epiphany. There is no book of Ike Turner in the Bible.

Why did Rooney even speak to the media? During a crisis, communication is best done via carefully considered press releases. You don’t let your owner ad lib. That’s what happens when your PR flacks are cut-rate yes-men. The Steelers simply don’t know how to handle a situation like this, mostly because they never had to before.

Then again, the subsequent press release didn’t help much: “We trust that today’s roster move will indicate our intentions and send a message that we will not tolerate this type of conduct.” Except from star linebackers, that is.

There really isn’t a good reason for keeping Harrison but releasing Wilson. Wilson was involved in a prior domestic dispute with the same women — one that resulted in gunplay on her part — but was not yet accused of hitting her.

Harrison and Wilson each had one strike against them. Harrison stayed. Wilson didn’t.

The real difference, of course, is that Harrison is a Pro Bowl linebacker and Wilson is a backup receiver. It’s easy to cut Wilson. But by releasing Wilson, the Steelers highlighted that they hadn’t done enough with Harrison.

The Steelers would have been better off keeping Wilson for now — under the guise of letting the legal process play out — then quietly dumping him at training camp for “football reasons.” But they panicked and acted without thinking things through.

The Steelers should cut Harrison. It’s the right thing to do.

Harrison and his girlfriend are said to be attempting reconciliation — which makes Round Two even more likely. When mate strikes mate in anger, they shouldn’t reunite. (Note to girl: Next time, it’s your fault. You went back.)

Harrison is an ogre on a good day. My e-mail inbox is jammed with stories of Harrison’s reprehensible behavior, obscenities yelled in public, wait staff and fans treated poorly. Witness his churlish manner with the media.

Harrison played great this past season. But he simply does not fit the mythical Steelers mold. It’s hard to believe the franchise has been subjected to its last embarrassing incident courtesy of the man they call “Silverback.” If he remains a Steeler, Harrison will be under constant scrutiny. Chances are he’ll handle that poorly.

By keeping Harrison because he’s a better player than Wilson, the Steelers have become typical. Everyone in the organization is painted with the same brush, bad apples lumped in with good. Carson Palmer isn’t a criminal, but he’s certainly known by the company he keeps in Cincinnati.

If the Steelers stand for everything they pretend to, they should cut Harrison. They can prove that their holier-than-thou stance isn’t just hype.

Here’s the problem: It is.
http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/03/23/sports/steelers/doc47e72cc27b074016074680.txt

VTsteel
03-24-2008, 06:03 AM
Well, we knew this was coming . . . . Sad part is I agree with Mr. Madden. Both situations should've been handled differently and Mr. Rooney shouldn't have addressed the media. When it comes to the media often times the less said the better. The attempt to rationalize the obvious double standard opened the organiztation we love dearly up to criticism.

Now, it's too late to cut "Jimmy" [sic]. and we can't take Mr. Wilson back. What's done is done and now the organization just has to weather the storm and learn from this.

The lesson is . . . Pro bowler or not . . . everyone should be held to the same standards.

HometownGal
03-24-2008, 06:44 AM
Well, we knew this was coming . . . . Sad part is I agree with Mr. Madden. Both situations should've been handled differently and Mr. Rooney shouldn't have addressed the media. When it comes to the media often times the less said the better. The attempt to rationalize the obvious double standard opened the organiztation we love dearly up to criticism.

Now, it's too late to cut "Jimmy" [sic]. and we can't take Mr. Wilson back. What's done is done and now the organization just has to weather the storm and learn from this.

The lesson is . . . Pro bowler or not . . . everyone should be held to the same standards.

Excellent post VT. I couldn't agree with you more. :cheers:

Steel Pit
03-24-2008, 06:51 AM
I don't believe in precedent setting disciplinary action. If that's going to be the case then Santonio Holmes must be cut as well. The Steelers have the right to look at each individual case without being pressured by the media, the fans, or any case-related organizations.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-24-2008, 06:57 AM
When mate strikes mate in anger, they shouldn?t reunite. (Note to girl: Next time, it?s your fault. You went back.)

Yea Madden...her going back warrants a beating.:dang:

Your a Moron.

She would be guilty of making an ignorant choice, and a choice that no doubt may cause her harm...but last time I checked...If she gets beat, its STILL the fault of the idiot who hit her.

I repeat...Your a Moron

Galax Steeler
03-24-2008, 07:38 AM
I don't believe in precedent setting disciplinary action. If that's going to be the case then Santonio Holmes must be cut as well. The Steelers have the right to look at each individual case without being pressured by the media, the fans, or any case-related organizations.

I have to agree steel pit they have to look at each case and wilsons case he went into a public place and showed his ass.

steeltheone
03-24-2008, 08:18 AM
I agree, cut Harrison ....No one player is bigger than the team.

rbryan
03-24-2008, 09:22 AM
I hate to say it but I have to agree with Madden for once. I was expecting his normal poison pen but he made some valid points.

I'll support the team no matter how this plays out but I'm leaning toward cutting him moreso than I was originally.

tunes4life
03-24-2008, 09:31 AM
as soon as I read "By Mark Madden, Times Sports Columnist" I left the thread. He is never worth reading. I can honestly say that there is no writer that have less respect for.

Next! :cya:

Dino 6 Rings
03-24-2008, 09:31 AM
If Madden the Steelers hater has something negative to say about my favorite team, then I can pretty much assume he's doing it to sell papers.

He can lick my...under arms and enjoy himself...

The_WARDen
03-24-2008, 11:03 AM
While I agree that no one player is bigger than the team and I agree that Harrison should be handled like Wilson, could you imagine if say someone like Ben or Troy was to do something this stupid?

Would we all be saying then what we're saying now and that would be that the Steelers should cut Ben or Troy?

klick81
03-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Would we all be saying then what we're saying now and that would be that the Steelers should cut Ben or Troy?

I was just going to ask this question. What IF Ben did something like this? Would we all be okay with having him released?

Dino 6 Rings
03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
this is a dead topic as far as I'm concerned

you either

A. Are ok with the Rooney's releasing Wilson and not Harrison.

or

B. Feel they both should have been let go in the interest of fairness.

Either way, no one will be able to change anyone's mind on this issue, the opinions are all set in stone.

polamalu82
03-24-2008, 11:43 AM
this is a dead topic as far as I'm concerned

you either

A. Are ok with the Rooney's releasing Wilson and not Harrison.

or

B. Feel they both should have been let go in the interest of fairness.

Either way, no one will be able to change anyone's mind on this issue, the opinions are all set in stone.

I agree, there is no way your going to change anyone's mind. This is a very weird situation. I'm not familiar with what happens if we cut a player. Instead of cutting him, could we try to trade him for some picks or are we just screwed?

Steeldude
03-24-2008, 11:52 AM
isn't this wilson's second offence? if so, then i don't see how they are the same. wilson was given a second chance and he failed.

stlrtruck
03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
While I agree that no one player is bigger than the team and I agree that Harrison should be handled like Wilson, could you imagine if say someone like Ben or Troy was to do something this stupid?

If it was their second offense, yes, I would be saying cut them. If it's the first time (and yes, this is the first offense I've heard of with Harrison), then I believe that every person deserves a second chance. However, if they acted out again - nice knowing you, thanks for the Super Bowl - C YA!

Edman
03-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Wilson was cut. Harrison wasn't.

Both hit women. Both should've been punished, but both were not. Deal with it.

It's an unfair double standard, yes. But then again, women beating the crap out of men is deemed acceptable in our society regardless of the circumstance in all forms of media.

BlastFurnace
03-24-2008, 01:02 PM
I just don't see much of a difference between the two cases until the very end:

Harrison wanted his kid to be baptized. Wilson didn't want the mother of his children hanging out in a bar and felt she should be at home with the kid.

In both situations, the girlfriends face was struck with a hand of a Steelers player.

Both men have apologized.

Both men have serious anger issues and don't understand that there are other outlets for anger other than a woman's body when that situation arises.

It makes you wonder what other things these women have covered up for these two in the past.

and alas......

One was cut, the other remains....

...and we haven't even gotten to the bottom of the Davenport issue from last season where eyewittnesses saw him act violently toward a woman.

HometownGal
03-24-2008, 01:12 PM

I can't answer for everyone else, WARD, but I for one would answer YES - without a doubt (thought I believe both Ben and Troy would never do something that classless or cowardly).

HometownGal
03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
isn't this wilson's second offence? if so, then i don't see how they are the same. wilson was given a second chance and he failed.

This is what I'm not getting around here - this is NOT Wilson's 2nd offense! The first time Wilson's name was associated with the 5-0 was at the end of January when his fruitloop of a g/f barricaded herself inside of HIS home with a gun and forced a 12 hour standoff and the evacuation of over 70 neighbors. She was charged with criminal offenses - not him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Because on-field accomplishments aside, Wilson was more of a dipsh*t and he made the team look worse?

The mere fact that he was the second guy to get in trouble makes him a much bigger problem for the team. It's like, hey, meathead, you knew everyone was paying extra close attention, and you still screwed up.

Also, punching out a woman in front of a room full of people leaves a lot less room for "let's see what the courts decide."

At least that's my take on it. I think Rooney gave a stupid answer. The reason why the argument started doesn't make the action any better or worse, except maybe if the woman was physically attacking you with some sort of weapon.

Steelreserve...please be more careful when posting quotes...The quote you attributed to me is taken from an Madden article I posted...and not a direct quote from me,

silver & black
03-24-2008, 01:27 PM
:popcorn:

nicesteel4life
03-24-2008, 01:41 PM
This is what I'm not getting around here - this is NOT Wilson's 2nd offense! The first time Wilson's name was associated with the 5-0 was at the end of January when his fruitloop of a g/f barricaded herself inside of HIS home with a gun and forced a 12 hour standoff and the evacuation of over 70 neighbors. She was charged with criminal offenses - not him.

WRONG! We dont know all the details, she is covering up now saying he just pushed her face with his hand, with witnesses. We dont know what happened before she locked herself in and had the standoff! Maybe he shoved her then as well. You guys got to remember Wilson is where her Bread comes from! Woman do lie and cover up for many many years.

This means that Wilson was involved in two not one domestic situations.PERIOD!

The Rooneys have made there decision. PERIOD!

I seriously cant wait till Draft day so we can all argue a diffrent dead point! PERIOD!

nicesteel4life
03-24-2008, 01:45 PM
ALSO!

I suppose all that dont like the decision will be selling there BLACK N GOLD gear!
Not going to games anymore? Not going to training camp? Not posting on sites anymore. Hell maybe we should just Picket the Organization.....

Please let me know if anybody is selling anything as I still will be a Steelers fan till death! and interested in adding to my collection!

Steeldude
03-24-2008, 01:48 PM
common sense and smart business.

many employees are held at different standards. it happens everywhere.

overpaid, poor employee gets fired

adequately paid, good employee gets a warning

makes sense to me.

lilyoder6
03-24-2008, 02:54 PM
damn they evacuated over 70 neighbors.. my brother would be pissed if he knew that.. they wouldn't let him leave his house to go to work.. lol// and he leaves a couple houses down..

FourThreeMafia
03-24-2008, 03:16 PM
The Steelers were looking for a reason to release Wilson. This was just the reason they needed.

No team is going to release a key player over something like this. This is not excusing what Harrison did, but A) it was his first offense, and B) you dont release a key player unless you have to. I dont want to see James Harrison cut. Ive lost respect for him, but unless all teams are going to start releasing players that get in trouble with the law, I dont really care.

Why should we release Harrison? To set an example? Please. The Rooneys arent trend setters. If we release Harrison, and say a player like DeMarcus Ware did the same thing, do you think the Cowboys would release him? Its not going to happen.

This is a business, and alot of the players in this league are classless and in some cases criminals, but they are still on a team. The Rooneys shouldve just released Wilson and kept quiet. People wouldve talked about the double standard, but what Rooney said just made it so much worse.

As for Madden, the bloated bag of wind would run his mouth even if we did cut Harrison.

HometownGal
03-24-2008, 04:47 PM
WRONG! We dont know all the details, she is covering up now saying he just pushed her face with his hand, with witnesses. We dont know what happened before she locked herself in and had the standoff! Maybe he shoved her then as well. You guys got to remember Wilson is where her Bread comes from! Woman do lie and cover up for many many years.

This means that Wilson was involved in two not one domestic situations.PERIOD!

The Rooneys have made there decision. PERIOD!

I seriously cant wait till Draft day so we can all argue a diffrent dead point! PERIOD!

You're right - we don't know all of the details but as the charges stand RIGHT NOW - they are levied against Wilson's g/f not HIM. PERIOD!

This means that Wilson is, as of this date and time, not a defendant in the first domestic incident. PERIOD!

I have no problem with the Rooneys' decision to cut Wilson loose. I have a problem with the glaring double standard. PERIOD!

I can't wait until draft day either. PERIOD! :wink02:

stillers4me
03-24-2008, 06:28 PM
As far as Wilson only having "one" incident, I have a very strong feeling that after the gun standoff, Ced sat across the desk from Dan Rooney, and swore that there would be no more worries about future "incidents". He blew his one chance at redemption.

I'm just as sure "Jimmy" said the same thing and he will be gone if he blows his chance, too.

Santonio and Najeh .......same deal. And we haven't heard a peep out of either of them since. (knock on wood).
I don't see the double standard.
(That does NOT mean I condone what any of them did)
Now, when is draft day again???

fansince'76
03-24-2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.steveaddison.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/flogging%20dead%20horse.jpg

polamalu82
03-24-2008, 06:37 PM
http://www.steveaddison.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/flogging%20dead%20horse.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny:
That's great.

lilyoder6
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
wilson being cut .. peroid
harrison staying .. period..
beating a dead horse .. period
CAN"T CHANGE THE PAST PERIOD...

BlastFurnace
03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Haven't we had huge threads about Harrison for 3 weeks in a row now.

Didn't we sign a former All Pro Center recently......

Dylan
03-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Monday Madden: Steelers don't take high road with Harrison
By Mark Madden, Times Sports Columnist
Published: Monday, March 24, 2008 12:35 AM EDT

James Harrison hit a woman. Cedrick Wilson hit a woman.

So why did the Steelers cut Wilson, but keep Harrison?

Good question. Dan Rooney gave a bad answer.

The Steelers owner rarely puts his foot in his yap. But by suggesting that Harrison committed a lesser offense because he socked his girlfriend while on a noble pursuit (trying to have their son baptized), Rooney made a big mess into a bigger mess and has put the team in a position where the only move they can make to fix things is cut Harrison, the team MVP last season.

Cutting Harrison, by the way, is a bigger possibility than the Steelers would care to admit. Here?s betting it happens within a week.

By way of spiritual clarification, God does not condone violence against women even if a child?s baptism is being mooted. Jesus does not support smacking around your girlfriend until she has a religious epiphany. There is no book of Ike Turner in the Bible.

Why did Rooney even speak to the media? During a crisis, communication is best done via carefully considered press releases. You don?t let your owner ad lib. That?s what happens when your PR flacks are cut-rate yes-men. The Steelers simply don?t know how to handle a situation like this, mostly because they never had to before.

Then again, the subsequent press release didn?t help much: ?We trust that today?s roster move will indicate our intentions and send a message that we will not tolerate this type of conduct.? Except from star linebackers, that is.

There really isn?t a good reason for keeping Harrison but releasing Wilson. Wilson was involved in a prior domestic dispute with the same women ? one that resulted in gunplay on her part ? but was not yet accused of hitting her.

Harrison and Wilson each had one strike against them. Harrison stayed. Wilson didn?t.

The real difference, of course, is that Harrison is a Pro Bowl linebacker and Wilson is a backup receiver. It?s easy to cut Wilson. But by releasing Wilson, the Steelers highlighted that they hadn?t done enough with Harrison.

The Steelers would have been better off keeping Wilson for now ? under the guise of letting the legal process play out ? then quietly dumping him at training camp for ?football reasons.? But they panicked and acted without thinking things through.

The Steelers should cut Harrison. It?s the right thing to do.

Harrison and his girlfriend are said to be attempting reconciliation ? which makes Round Two even more likely. When mate strikes mate in anger, they shouldn?t reunite. (Note to girl: Next time, it?s your fault. You went back.)

Harrison is an ogre on a good day. My e-mail inbox is jammed with stories of Harrison?s reprehensible behavior, obscenities yelled in public, wait staff and fans treated poorly. Witness his churlish manner with the media.

Harrison played great this past season. But he simply does not fit the mythical Steelers mold. It?s hard to believe the franchise has been subjected to its last embarrassing incident courtesy of the man they call ?Silverback.? If he remains a Steeler, Harrison will be under constant scrutiny. Chances are he?ll handle that poorly.

By keeping Harrison because he?s a better player than Wilson, the Steelers have become typical. Everyone in the organization is painted with the same brush, bad apples lumped in with good. Carson Palmer isn?t a criminal, but he?s certainly known by the company he keeps in Cincinnati.

If the Steelers stand for everything they pretend to, they should cut Harrison. They can prove that their holier-than-thou stance isn?t just hype.

Here?s the problem: It is.
http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/03/23/sports/steelers/doc47e72cc27b074016074680.txt

its weird the steelers are always classy but we dont cut a good player even the we cut a medicore player who both were charged for assault. and everybody makes a big deal about it! cmon the cowboys are trying to get pacman jones the bengals have about 22 felons on their team...the steelers mess up once the get non stop crticism.

19ward86
03-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Well, lets see, harrison hasnt been convicted and ced has. Harrison smacked his GF, ced allegedly punched his GF. There is a big difference between the 2 crimes.

tony hipchest
03-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Well, lets see, harrison hasnt been convicted and ced has. Harrison smacked his GF, ced allegedly punched his GF. There is a big difference between the 2 crimes.

:huh:

StinkyB
03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
as soon as I read "By Mark Madden, Times Sports Columnist" I left the thread. He is never worth reading. I can honestly say that there is no writer that have less respect for.

Next! :cya:

You left the thread???? Really??

StinkyB
03-24-2008, 11:28 PM
wilson being cut .. peroid
harrison staying .. period..
beating a dead horse .. period
CAN"T CHANGE THE PAST PERIOD...

Ok, great, you can't change the past, so you ignore the infractions of the past and don't try to influence future actions? No analysis of your actions to better you future actions or decisons? No accepting of critical analysis of others to help you learn what mistakes you may have made? Brilliant, just brilliant.

StinkyB
03-24-2008, 11:30 PM
No there isn't. It is easy for you to say that to help justify your beleifs, but it plain and simply isn't true. If the police show up at your house because you struck your wife, they do not ask if you slapped or punched her, they ask if you struck her.

Steel Pit
03-25-2008, 12:30 AM
No there isn't. It is easy for you to say that to help justify your beleifs, but it plain and simply isn't true. If the police show up at your house because you struck your wife, they do not ask if you slapped or punched her, they ask if you struck her.

Actually they ask the FEMALE if the male assaulted or "threatened" her in any way. In a domestic violence case, the police are directed to arrest the "primary physical aggressor". Male versus female, I think that we all know who the primary physical aggressor is going to be about 99% of the time.

If officers on the scene view "ANY" type of visible injury on the female, an arrest is, as they say," the preferred course of action". In Ohio, in my particular jurisdiction, if the female has a visible injury, an arrest with a "no bail incarceration" is MANDATORY!

Furthermore, a female victim with a visible injury, doesn't have to provide police with a written statement in order for the police to take action. In fact the female doesn't have to cooperate with police in the slightest. Like I said, visible injury = mandatory arrest. Most police agencies across the nation are following these same guidelines.

WV-SteelerFan
03-25-2008, 12:56 AM
http://www.godspeed.dk/officerBarbrady.gif

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-25-2008, 04:30 AM
Sorry, I just figured everyone would know that already since it was the very start of the article. I was arguing with Madden, not you.

No problem:thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
03-25-2008, 06:02 AM
I think it is what it is and time to move on ced will be somewhere else next year.

StinkyB
03-25-2008, 08:24 AM
I think it is what it is and time to move on ced will be somewhere else next year.

Thankfully there are people in this country that donlt just "move on" when they see a wrong being done. "It is what it is" is a lazy persons excuse invented so one does not have to admit that their icons are tarnished or their sense of normalcy is flawed.

"It is what it is", in this case, is tantamount to covering your ears and clinching your eyes shut real tight so you don't have to be an adult and deal with the stark reality and real impact of this situation.

It is actually fear that motivates you to ignore the situation. Fear that seeing it to the end will result in you having to admit that you look up to some people that might not be such great human beings. Fear that this time around, fairness and the right thing could cost your football team a cornerstone of its defense.

"It is what it is" is your way of saying, I wish I could make this never have happeneded and i hope if I ignore it, it'll all go away.

You have a low life scumbag woman beater still hanging around your team's locker room and you accept it because you want to root for a winning football team from your Lazy-Boy chair.

\I have an ounce of respec for those that understand the situation and have some concrete reasons as to why they feel things are being handled properly. But to say "It is what it is" is downright pathetic and cowardly.

Galax Steeler
03-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Thankfully there are people in this country that donlt just "move on" when they see a wrong being done. "It is what it is" is a lazy persons excuse invented so one does not have to admit that their icons are tarnished or their sense of normalcy is flawed.

"It is what it is", in this case, is tantamount to covering your ears and clinching your eyes shut real tight so you don't have to be an adult and deal with the stark reality and real impact of this situation.

It is actually fear that motivates you to ignore the situation. Fear that seeing it to the end will result in you having to admit that you look up to some people that might not be such great human beings. Fear that this time around, fairness and the right thing could cost your football team a cornerstone of its defense.

"It is what it is" is your way of saying, I wish I could make this never have happeneded and i hope if I ignore it, it'll all go away.

You have a low life scumbag woman beater still hanging around your team's locker room and you accept it because you want to root for a winning football team from your Lazy-Boy chair.

\I have an ounce of respec for those that understand the situation and have some concrete reasons as to why they feel things are being handled properly. But to say "It is what it is" is downright pathetic and cowardly.

everyone is entitled to an opinion and to say that it is pathetic and cowardly is wrong it is an opinion.

StinkyB
03-25-2008, 08:44 AM
everyone is entitled to an opinion and to say that it is pathetic and cowardly is wrong it is an opinion.

Well, in my opinion, to support the firing of one woman beater and ask that people ignore and stop highlighting the same crimes and retention of another womam beater because he happens to be of more value to a sports team is a very pathetic and cowardly act.

To not take the owner of the team to task for publically condoning violence against women and openly depicting an organizational double standard, is equally pathetic and cowardly.

No one, to my knowledge is asking anyone to disavow the Steelers. No one is asking anyone for more than recognition of the situation.

But to ask people to move on is cowardly and pathetic.

Galax Steeler
03-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Well, in my opinion, to support the firing of one woman beater and ask that people ignore and stop highlighting the same crimes and retention of another womam beater because he happens to be of more value to a sports team is a very pathetic and cowardly act.

To not take the owner of the team to task for publically condoning violence against women and openly depicting an organizational double standard, is equally pathetic and cowardly.

No one, to my knowledge is asking anyone to disavow the Steelers. No one is asking anyone for more than recognition of the situation.

But to ask people to move on is cowardly and pathetic.

Evedently you are taking my post wrong what cedric done was wrong.What I am getting at is cedric done wrong and was released by the steelers.People talk about not releasing silver back for the same thing.It is time for wilson to move on.
IT IS WHAT IT IS