PDA

View Full Version : Legursky works out at Pro Day

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-25-2008, 04:25 AM
NFL | Legursky works out at Pro Day
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:33:35 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Marshall OL Doug Legursky measured a height of 6-foot-1 and a weight of 321 pounds at his Pro Day March 24. He ran the 40-yard dash in 5.02 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.75 and 4.82 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.71 seconds. He measured a 28-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-5 broad jump and completed 37 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#458798

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morris, Legursky Show Skills at Pro Day
Posted: 5:41 PM Mar 24, 2008
Paul Gessler
Email Address: Paul.Gessler@wsaz.com

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Three NFL teams were represented Friday at Joan C. Edwards Stadium for Marshall University's "Pro Day."

The Jaguars, Steelers and Colts all had representatives present to watch the Herd's top two standouts, quarterback/athlete Bernard Morris and center Doug Legursky.

"It's always good especially when a coach knows your name instead of calling you by your number," Morris said, following a good workout.

A handful of other former Marshall players worked out for the scouts.

Beckley, W.Va., native Legursky is listed as 6'3'', 311 pounds on Marshall's Web site. He is projected as a 5th round draft choice by nfldraftscout.com.

"I think i'm just a hard worker," Legursky said. "I keep my nose clean and stay out of trouble -- knock on wood."

Linebacker Josh Johnson worked out Friday, but was arrested early Sunday morning in Huntington, W.Va., on a traffic violation.

Johnson left the Marshall football program in February and declared himself eligible for the NFL draft.

The 2008 NFL Draft is April 26-27 in New York City.
http://www.wsaz.com/sports/headlines/16963541.html

Galax Steeler
03-25-2008, 08:42 AM
NFL | Legursky works out at Pro Day
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:33:35 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Marshall OL Doug Legursky measured a height of 6-foot-1 and a weight of 321 pounds at his Pro Day March 24. He ran the 40-yard dash in 5.02 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.75 and 4.82 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.71 seconds. He measured a 28-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-5 broad jump and completed 37 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#458798

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morris, Legursky Show Skills at Pro Day
Posted: 5:41 PM Mar 24, 2008
Paul Gessler
Email Address: Paul.Gessler@wsaz.com

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Three NFL teams were represented Friday at Joan C. Edwards Stadium for Marshall University's "Pro Day."

The Jaguars, Steelers and Colts all had representatives present to watch the Herd's top two standouts, quarterback/athlete Bernard Morris and center Doug Legursky.

"It's always good especially when a coach knows your name instead of calling you by your number," Morris said, following a good workout.

A handful of other former Marshall players worked out for the scouts.

Beckley, W.Va., native Legursky is listed as 6'3'', 311 pounds on Marshall's Web site. He is projected as a 5th round draft choice by nfldraftscout.com.

"I think i'm just a hard worker," Legursky said. "I keep my nose clean and stay out of trouble -- knock on wood."

Linebacker Josh Johnson worked out Friday, but was arrested early Sunday morning in Huntington, W.Va., on a traffic violation.

Johnson left the Marshall football program in February and declared himself eligible for the NFL draft.

The 2008 NFL Draft is April 26-27 in New York City.
http://www.wsaz.com/sports/headlines/16963541.html

I wonder what kind of traffic violation would land you in jail.:hunch:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-25-2008, 08:56 AM
I wonder what kind of traffic violation would land you in jail.:hunch:

It wasnt Legursky....His teammate Josh Johnson was arrested for driving under the influence.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Wonder if he still lasts to the 5th round. Center isnt the glamour position and the first one might not go until the 2nd. Legursky is some kind of workout freak too isnt he??

I'd have no problem taking him in the 5th if he is there. Still want an OT picked in the first 2 rounds though.

Galax Steeler
03-25-2008, 10:03 AM
It wasnt Legursky....His teammate Josh Johnson was arrested for driving under the influence.

Johnson sounds like a player the bengals might be interested in.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Wonder if he still lasts to the 5th round. Center isnt the glamour position and the first one might not go until the 2nd. Legursky is some kind of workout freak too isnt he??

I'd have no problem taking him in the 5th if he is there. Still want an OT picked in the first 2 rounds though.

Legursky appears to be one of those players that may leap frog over other higher-ranked centers. But 5th-6th still seems about right.

MasterOfPuppets
03-26-2008, 11:20 AM
does anyone think the signing of hartwig, may mean the steelers won't be looking to draft a center?

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
does anyone think the signing of hartwig, may mean the steelers won't be looking to draft a center?

Yep, I dropped Legursky off my mock draft, and made him a possible free agent.

MasterOfPuppets
03-26-2008, 12:48 PM
did you delete langford, since the booger signing ?

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-26-2008, 12:57 PM
did you delete langford, since the booger signing ?

I think Langford is still a possibility...at 6'0 300 lbs..Booger will be a NT...We still need DE depth.

Texasteel
03-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Yep, I dropped Legursky off my mock draft, and made him a possible free agent.

Legursky going undrafted would shock me, but who knows.

MasterOfPuppets
03-27-2008, 06:01 PM
I think Langford is still a possibility...at 6'0 300 lbs..Booger will be a NT...We still need DE depth.i'm not so sure about that. at 300lbs booger wouldn't eat up much space in the middle. NY and dallas, both have NT under 310 lbs, and neither have been a threat to make the all pro team. i'm thinkin booger was brought in to spell smith and keisel, and maybe to add some versatility to sprinkle in some 4-3 schemes.

clev / shawn smith - 325 lbs
pitt / casey hampton - 325 lbs
NE / vince wilfork - 325 lbs
SD / j williams - 348 lbs
SF / a franklin - 334 lbs

MDSteel15
03-28-2008, 01:00 AM

Driving on a suspended liscence or DUI.... :jammin:

MDSteel15
03-28-2008, 01:03 AM
If Legursky is there in the 6th, I think we take a chance on him. I know we just signed a center but he has injury problems and we need depth there...

Dylan
03-28-2008, 04:43 PM
a 6 foot olineman? never seen that before

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2008, 04:35 AM
i'm not so sure about that. at 300lbs booger wouldn't eat up much space in the middle. NY and dallas, both have NT under 310 lbs, and neither have been a threat to make the all pro team. i'm thinkin booger was brought in to spell smith and keisel, and maybe to add some versatility to sprinkle in some 4-3 schemes.

Pittsburgh has pulled the offer out from under McFarland

Steelers | Team withdraws offer with McFarland
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:16:33 -0700

Mike Bires, of the Beaver County Times, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers withdrew their offer with free-agent DL Anthony McFarland (Colts) Wednesday, March 26, after McFarland failed a physical.
http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl

19ward86
03-29-2008, 06:49 PM
what a beast.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2008, 08:43 PM
i'm not so sure about that. at 300lbs booger wouldn't eat up much space in the middle. NY and dallas, both have NT under 310 lbs, and neither have been a threat to make the all pro team. i'm thinkin booger was brought in to spell smith and keisel, and maybe to add some versatility to sprinkle in some 4-3 schemes.

Exactly. Trevor Laws and Sedrick Ellis both go around 6'1" 305 and most are saying they fit in a 4-3 as a DT. They aren't big enough to play NT in a 3-4 and be a 2-gap player.

Red Bryant I think fits, but he's a bit tall and NT isnt exactly a priority with Hampton on the roster.