PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen "Alpha Dog?"

TheWarDen86
03-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Hate to call it a "good movie" considering what it was about, but since it's based on a true story I appreciate the folks involved wanting to tell the story. I highly recommend seeing it (it's on Cinemax this month) but I warn you that it's a pretty sad story.

I don't recall hearing about it in the news but here's the actual story (with real names and places). I'd recommend reading this after you've seen the movie.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/celebrity/jesse_james_hollywoo/1.html

revefsreleets
03-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I thought it was a quality flick, and was a little dismayed it only received a 2 star rating. I was surprised at what a good job Justin Timberlake did in the movie. He's never going to win an Oscar, but he wasn't as horrible as I expected. I still hate the little prick, though:smile:

Dino 6 Rings
03-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Just watched that movie this past weekend, I thought it was a pretty good story tell.

they seemed to have followed the real life story pretty closely as well.

I felt for the kid at the end, it was so senseless.

TheWarDen86
03-27-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought it was a quality flick, and was a little dismayed it only received a 2 star rating. I was surprised at what a good job Justin Timberlake did in the movie. He's never going to win an Oscar, but he wasn't as horrible as I expected. I still hate the little prick, though:smile:

I give him and all the other actors credit for wanting to tell this story. You're right, he was pretty good. BTW - He was funny as all get out on SNL.

Just watched that movie this past weekend, I thought it was a pretty good story tell.

they seemed to have followed the real life story pretty closely as well.

I felt for the kid at the end, it was so senseless.

It was very senseless. The dude who pulled the trigger said in court, "All I did was kill him." Like that was supposed relieve him from the kidknapping part of it all. I hope he thinks about his pending execution every single day.

Dino 6 Rings
03-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I hate that I'm starting to enjoy things that have Justin Timberlake in them...I don't want to admit that I enjoy anything about JT, but man...he's acting was very good in Alpha Dog and yes...he was a freaking RIOT on SNL.

ugh...I hate him...because I like his acting.

TheWarDen86
03-27-2008, 04:57 PM
I hate that I'm starting to enjoy things that have Justin Timberlake in them...I don't want to admit that I enjoy anything about JT, but man...he's acting was very good in Alpha Dog and yes...he was a freaking RIOT on SNL.

ugh...I hate him...because I like his acting.

If you take away that girl band he was in, he's actually a pretty cool guy. Trust me, I know exactly where your coming from with your dislike of him. That SNL episode with the Barry Gibb talk show is the only SNL saved on our DVR. That is hysterical. That and "my **** in a box" for Valentines Day. LOL!

revefsreleets
03-28-2008, 07:28 AM
He is pretty good as Robin Gibb on SNL...but I saw guys (maybe even him, is there really any difference?) like him (the boy bands) driving around in Lambroghini's when they were like 16 in Orlando, and I'm scarred for life.

Still...

Something special for your girlfriend this Xmas.

1) Cut a hole in a box.
2) Put your junk in that box.
3) Make her open the box

TheWarDen86
03-28-2008, 04:05 PM
1) Cut a hole in a box.
2) Put your junk in that box.
3) Make her open the box

LMAO! Simply Classic.

silver & black
03-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I thought it was a pretty good movie. I have to admit that I wouldn't have seen it if my 15 year old daughter hadn't insisted.

madsteelerfan51
04-26-2008, 02:32 AM
:crying01:Yes, thought Alpha Dog was a good movie, its just so sad that it was related to a true story
crying01: