PDA

View Full Version : Very good (but very long) article about ESPN

Jeremy
03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
For everyone who complains about ESPN, this is a fascinating read. It takes a little time, but it's well worth the read.

ESPN Article (http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/58375)

Godfather
03-26-2008, 09:37 PM
I was furious with ESPN last night. They put all the early WBB games on their alternate stations, but the nightcaps were pay per view, and the only game I got was the UConn-Texas game (an ugly blowout from the opening tip). They didn't show the game I wanted (Oklahoma-ND) until there were two minutes left in regulation. That meant I didn't get to see Carlee Roethlisberger play.

Atlanta Dan
03-26-2008, 10:04 PM
For everyone who complains about ESPN, this is a fascinating read. It takes a little time, but it's well worth the read.

ESPN Article (http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/58375)

Great read - thanks for the link

:cheers:

Jeremy
03-27-2008, 09:35 AM
I was furious with ESPN last night. They put all the early WBB games on their alternate stations, but the nightcaps were pay per view, and the only game I got was the UConn-Texas game (an ugly blowout from the opening tip). They didn't show the game I wanted (Oklahoma-ND) until there were two minutes left in regulation. That meant I didn't get to see Carlee Roethlisberger play.

Are you an Oklahoma fan? Because if you're not, that's just really creepy.

Dan....you're welcome.

CanadianSteel
03-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Interseting (and yes, long) read about the batlle of the networks..... Thanks

Not a big fan of ESPN as I feel they jumped the shark a while back..... specially relating to football....

Godfather
03-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Are you an Oklahoma fan? Because if you're not, that's just really creepy.

Dan....you're welcome.

LSU fan. Carlee was the only reason I was interested in that particular game...at least until I got to look at some of the ND players.

There are a few non-Tigers I always enjoyed watching. Ashley McElhiney (Vandy), Ivory Latta (UNC), and Alison Bales (Duke). They had game. Carlee's a frosh so it's too soon to watch for basketball reasons. But you gotta root for anyone named Roethlisberger!!

Jeremy
03-28-2008, 08:42 AM
LSU fan. Carlee was the only reason I was interested in that particular game...at least until I got to look at some of the ND players.

There are a few non-Tigers I always enjoyed watching. Ashley McElhiney (Vandy), Ivory Latta (UNC), and Alison Bales (Duke). They had game. Carlee's a frosh so it's too soon to watch for basketball reasons. But you gotta root for anyone named Roethlisberger!!

If you say so. :wink02: