PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin @ Virginia Tech's Pro Day

paw-n-maul-u
03-27-2008, 02:14 AM
Usually you don't see head coaches at pro days except for the top ten or so picks. A lot of people send their Line coaches or d-backs coaches. Mike Tomlin ... THE Mike Tomlin (omg surreal I know), attended VT's proday first hand.

Somehow, some way. I think he single handedly solved our problem.

First round-Brandon Flowers
Second round-Xavier Adibi
Third round-Eddie Royal
Fourth round-Duane Brown
Fifth round- Carlton Powell

An all Virginia Tech draft.

Alright, but really tho, anyone see anything into this? ... I looked up a few things on recent pro days and three different sites had something like, "and the most noticeable figure at the VT proday was steelers HC Mike Tomlin ..."

Black@Gold Forever32
03-27-2008, 02:49 AM
I wouldn't mind Brown or Powell late in the draft....I think those are solid and real value picks...

MDSteel15
03-27-2008, 03:01 AM
I think I'm going to vomitt!!!! :puke:

Galax Steeler
03-27-2008, 04:27 AM
Eddie royal wouldn't be a bad pickup later in the draft.

DACEB
03-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Usually you don't see head coaches at pro days except for the top ten or so picks. A lot of people send their Line coaches or d-backs coaches. Mike Tomlin ... THE Mike Tomlin (omg surreal I know), attended VT's proday first hand.
Alright, but really tho, anyone see anything into this? ... I looked up a few things on recent pro days and three different sites had something like, "and the most noticeable figure at the VT proday was steelers HC Mike Tomlin ..."

Tomlin has been to a number of pro days already this draft.

GBMelBlount
03-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Even though Flowers has dropped at CB to #10 on draft countdown and #16 on scout.com (only 3 stars out of 5) Mayock has him at #5 for his position. A little slow but looks great on tape. Before the combine Mayock had him going in the top third of the first round & virtually guaranteed he would be all pro. The point is I think Flowers has great potential and may drop enough that he could be a decent value.

Texasteel
03-27-2008, 08:32 AM
I really like the Royal, Brown picks, but not sure he could get either one of them with our pick in the 3rd. Brown may go before Royal.
But who knows!

lilyoder6
03-27-2008, 11:12 AM
royal is a nice samll wr... could be a good pickup if he is there late..

Dylan
03-27-2008, 04:12 PM
he and colbert were both at Penn states pro day also

Texasteel
03-27-2008, 04:18 PM
royal is a nice samll wr... could be a good pickup if he is there late..

Royal is the same size, 1 inch shorter, and speed as holmes. He had 1379 all purpose yards, thats more that 100 yard per game. You will not get him late.

lilyoder6
03-27-2008, 05:26 PM
he could be there late in the 1st day..... he had some nice returns as well with returning kicks..

Texasteel
03-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Earl Bennett and Royal are 2 of my favoite WRs in this draft, outside the 1st round anyway. I think the reason I like Royal so much is because of his return ability.
Ofcorse now that I have given up on Willy Reed he will probably have an All Pro year.
I guess that would work for me too.

Galax Steeler
03-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Earl Bennett and Royal are 2 of my favoite WRs in this draft, outside the 1st round anyway. I think the reason I like Royal so much is because of his return ability.
Ofcorse now that I have given up on Willy Reed he will probably have an All Pro year.
I guess that would work for me too.

I've been waiting for reed to have his break out year and aint seen it yet I had alot of hopes for this guy.

Texasteel
03-27-2008, 06:37 PM
OK thats 2 of us that have given up on him. Anyone else?

DACEB
03-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Reid who? Oh wait, Ced's gone, there's new life for Reid.