PDA

View Full Version : Man fatally shoots wife while installing satellite TV system

MACH1
03-27-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/545396.html

Man fatally shoots wife while installing satellite TV system
The Associated Press

SEDALIA, Mo. | Officials are trying to determine whether to file charges against a man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite television system in their home.

Patsy D. Long, 34, of Deepwater, was pronounced dead early Saturday evening after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun. Her husband, Ronald Long, fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

The woman, who was outside the house, was hit by the second of two shots fired by Ronald Long, the Henry County Sheriff?s Department said.

Sheriff?s Department spokesman Maj. Robert Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.

?Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges,? Hills said.

Henry County Coroner Scott Largent declined to release details about Patsy Long?s death until the Sheriff?s Department completes its investigation.

:dang: What a dumb ass.

TheWarDen86
03-27-2008, 07:48 PM
:rocket::shake01:

PisnNapalm
03-27-2008, 08:15 PM
We've been discussing this on a firearms forums. Our general consensus is that the wrong person was shot. This guy is such a freaking dope. I hope he rots.

MasterOfPuppets
03-27-2008, 08:24 PM
wow .....and i wasted a bunch of money on a drill....:dang: i never thought of shooting holes....the mans a genius !!! :thumbsup:

anyone wanna buy a fairly new 7 amp makita hammer drill ? i am willing to trade for a .22 caliber drill.

Preacher
03-27-2008, 08:47 PM
wow .....and i wasted a bunch of money on a drill....:dang: i never thought of shooting holes....the mans a genius !!! :thumbsup:

anyone wanna buy a fairly new 7 amp makita hammer drill ? i am willing to trade for a .22 caliber drill.

Use a shotgun...

it makes more holes!

tony hipchest
03-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Use a shotgun...

it makes more holes! :tap: i was just thinking....

next time i have a tough steak, i'll have the ol' lady hold it up, while i pull out the 12 guage and tenderize it.

"git er done!"

MasterOfPuppets
03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Use a shotgun...

it makes more holes!:tap: good thinkin preacher.....work smart....not hard !!!

TheWarDen86
03-27-2008, 09:21 PM
:tap: i was just thinking....

next time i have a tough steak, i'll have the ol' lady hold it up, while i pull out the 12 guage and tenderize it.

"git er done!"

That is funny as all-get-out! :sofunny:

Galax Steeler
03-28-2008, 04:04 AM
What a moron this guy didn't even need to own a gun.

revefsreleets
03-28-2008, 07:32 AM
He'd be a Darwin Award front-runner, but I think that's more about killing yourself. On one hand, the guy has to feel pretty effing awful, and will forever, but he probably still should receive some kind of punishment for his utter stupidity.

Preacher
03-29-2008, 06:19 PM
OK...

Let's stop and analyze this for a second.

Let's say, just for the heck of it, that you WILL go ahead and shoot through a wall to make a hole.

Step 1. CLEAR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL! Make sure you wont hit anything.

Step 2. BACKSTOP. Make sure you have something back there that will either 1 stop the round or 2, deflect it into the ground.

Step 3. DONT USE .22 Those rounds will go further and through more than just about ANY OTHER SHELL (friction and weight vs. propulsion). Go get a .357 (After all, you wanna make sure the hole is big enough, don't you?)

Step 4. Check yourself into a home. Because by this point, your too dumb to live on your own.

Galax Steeler
03-29-2008, 06:41 PM
OK...

Let's stop and analyze this for a second.

Let's say, just for the heck of it, that you WILL go ahead and shoot through a wall to make a hole.

Step 1. CLEAR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL! Make sure you wont hit anything.

Step 2. BACKSTOP. Make sure you have something back there that will either 1 stop the round or 2, deflect it into the ground.

Step 3. DONT USE .22 Those rounds will go further and through more than just about ANY OTHER SHELL (friction and weight vs. propulsion). Go get a .357 (After all, you wanna make sure the hole is big enough, don't you?)

Step 4. Check yourself into a home. Because by this point, your too dumb to live on your own.

I would have to say definetly no.4 because at this point this guy is definetly stupid.

Edman
03-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Utterly brilliant man.

No, don't be a sensible person like everyone else and drill a hole in the wall, take a gun and shoot one. :dang:

BettisFan
03-29-2008, 10:52 PM
People just piss me off! Jeez! Whats wrong with people?

SteelShooter
03-29-2008, 11:00 PM
This man needs to be REMOVED from the gene pool. :m16: