PDA

View Full Version : If Albert goes before #23

Gasteeler
03-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Who do you guy's want in the first round?

Steeldude
03-28-2008, 09:52 AM
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070907/gallery/longest_l.jpg

as long as he doesn't shave points again

Texasteel
03-28-2008, 03:17 PM
A lot depends on who is still on the board, but with what I think will happen I'd say Quenton Groves.

Galax Steeler
03-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Groves is a good posibility and also I would have to say Aquib Talib from kansas.

Dylan
03-28-2008, 04:27 PM
im gonna say justing king...might be a little reach at 23 but will fill two possible needs....CB and KR/PR...3.1 40 time...tomlin loves him

millwalldavey
03-28-2008, 04:31 PM
there are a few CB's better if available @ 23 than King... he'd be nice round 2....

Otah

Dylan
03-28-2008, 04:33 PM
there are a few CB's better if available @ 23 than King... he'd be nice round 2....

Otah

the way kiper has it hell be going #27 to the chargers if not higher

millwalldavey
03-28-2008, 04:34 PM
i dunno... i guess I thought he'd really be a lot better than he turned out to be... PSU can coach the D... so that says maybe there's some character flaws there...

Dylan
03-28-2008, 04:40 PM
i dunno... i guess I thought he'd really be a lot better than he turned out to be... PSU can coach the D... so that says maybe there's some character flaws there...

yea he was sort of a dissappointment this year...he was great his sophmore year, it looked likehe was becoming the shutdown corner that he was hyped out to be...but then his junior year he couldnt do a thing...i dont think he had any character issues though

Elvis
03-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Groves is a good posibility and also I would have to say Aquib Talib from kansas.
Wouldnt mind Talib at all myself also. But if there is a top DE still there like Balmer from UNC I would go in that direction. I just think that the Steelers will go either Oline or Dline first overall though. Talib is a good corner and we could use the depth and competition for the ole' wiley' veterans.
:helmet:

Big7BenHOF
03-29-2008, 02:54 AM
James Hardy.

tony hipchest
03-29-2008, 12:46 PM
charley casserly says not to be suprised if albert sneaks into the top 10. nfl networks charles davis says he is now rivaling long as a possible top OT prospect in the draft. both seem to agree he is now atleast the 2nd best lineman prospect.

agree or not, its obvious hes no longer a 2nd rounder, and may not fall out of the teens. it looks like he might be a steal at 23. if he's gone though, it just pushes another highly ranked OT down the board.

BettisFan
03-29-2008, 12:55 PM
I say we go to a wide out

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2008, 01:20 PM
charley casserly says not to be suprised if albert sneaks into the top 10. nfl networks charles davis says he is now rivaling long as a possible top OT prospect in the draft. both seem to agree he is now atleast the 2nd best lineman prospect.

agree or not, its obvious hes no longer a 2nd rounder, and may not fall out of the teens. it looks like he might be a steal at 23. if he's gone though, it just pushes another highly ranked OT down the board.

Thats exactly what I'm worried about....I think we may try and trade down and grab a player like Cherilus..even if he is penciled in by some scouts as a pure RT.

DACEB
03-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Thats exactly what I'm worried about....I think we may try and trade down and grab a player like Cherilus..even if he is penciled in by some scouts as a pure RT.

Trading down would be great, IMO. But I'm not sure how far down we can trade and still grab Cherilus, or the 6th rated OT on the teams board. If Cherilus could play RT at a high level for the next ten years, I think we'd all be happy with that. Then again, like Tony said, someone like Otah or Clady might fall to 23.

I don't see them trading down unless they could work a deal later in the 1st or with Atl. for the early 2nd picks. By the time we pick in the 2nd at 54 most likely 10 O-linemen would have come off the board. I guess it comes down to what value they have given the players on their board.

Texasteel
03-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I am by no means an expert, but I have watched Cherilus several times this year hoping that he would be the Steelers guy, I came away not wanting him, at least in the 1st round. If we take him with our 1st pick I hope its after he trade out of the 1st round.

Galax Steeler
03-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I am by no means an expert, but I have watched Cherilus several times this year hoping that he would be the Steelers guy, I came away not wanting him, at least in the 1st round. If we take him with our 1st pick I hope its after he trade out of the 1st round.

I am not a big cherilus fan either there are several other players I would like to have instead of him.

Steeldude
03-30-2008, 12:27 AM
as long as the steelers don't reach in the 1st. i don't want another simmons.

BettisFan
03-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Lets hope albert is availible

Steel Buckeye
03-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Antoine Cason or Aqib Talib. A shutdown corner. I don't understand all the Justin King hype, he sucks.

Steeldude
04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Antoine Cason or Aqib Talib. A shutdown corner. I don't understand all the Justin King hype, he sucks.

i don't understand the talib hype. average speed, issues off the field, too co-cky, not strong versus the run, inconsistent, not very disciplined...

he doesn't seem to be 1st round material, IMO

lilyoder6
04-01-2008, 11:36 AM
i would take king over talib any day atm.. i doubt no one knew who talib was b4 this season.. and i agree with steeldude. he is co cky

Texasteel
04-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Between Carson, Talib, and King, I prefer Carson, and he seems to have become the forgotten man.
I would still rather try to get Godfrey in the 3rd if possable. Even if he will spend most of his time at safty.

Rhee Rhee
04-01-2008, 04:09 PM
kenny phillips... nuff said

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
kenny phillips... nuff said

Still pimpin' Phillips eh.....are you his agent??

steelymcmatt
04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm afraid Cherilus is too much of a reach at 23....which means we can trade down and pick up a pick later this year, maybe with the Falcons or Ravens who want to make sure they get the QB they have their eye on.....

Aussie_steeler
04-02-2008, 04:32 AM
http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/953610.aspx

sorry for a link to a bears board but it is the only place that gives a full break down of Mel Kipers latest draft.

He has Albert at the #5 pick going to the chiefs. This is the highest by 15 picks that I have seen Albert.

As a result the choice at #23 pick is now Balmer. As we get closer the mocks are certainly getting more diverse. It is also interesting that the bears fans are also very high on Albert.

He is screaming up the draft boards. This could possibly see an OT fall??

lilyoder6
04-02-2008, 10:53 AM
the cheifs don't need a guard.. they need a tackle.. them being at number 5 they have a real good chance at getting jake long.. if he is not there they prob will draft next best t in otah.... thats my opion

19ward86
04-02-2008, 11:57 AM
dominique rogers cromartie or trevor laws

steelymcmatt
04-02-2008, 01:38 PM
dominique rogers cromartie or trevor laws

If we wait until 23 and don't trade up, DRC will be gone but Trevor Laws is a reach....he may be stll there for us at the end of the 2nd round.

Rhee Rhee
04-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Still pimpin' Phillips eh.....are you his agent??

:sofunny: LOL i'd kill to be his agent