PDA

View Full Version : Draft in primetime?

CanadianSteel
03-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I am correct in saying the draft will be in primetime at night this year correct ?CAn soemone please confirm this, and also what time it would start ?

Made plan durinmg the day bit I may have to chnage if the draft is on at usual time on the Saturday.

I thought I remembered reading this somewhere, and also that the first round time between picks was shortened to accomodate.

Thanks is advance :thumbsup:

CanadianSteel
03-28-2008, 03:42 PM
C'mon help a Steeler brother out here would ya.....:tt02:

Dylan
03-28-2008, 04:31 PM
The 2008 NFL Draft will be held at the Radio City Music Hall in New York on April 26th and 27th.

There are several changes that are being applied to this years NFL draft. The start time on April 26th has been moved to 3 pm (est) instead of the noon start as it has been in previous years. The first day will only consist of 2 rounds, with rounds 3-7 being completed on Sunday. In previous years, 3 rounds were completed on the first day.

The time alloted between each pick has also been adjusted. For the first round of the NFL draft, teams will only have 10 minutes this year, compared to the 15 minutes in last years draft. The second round goes to 7 minutes from 10, rounds 3 thru 7 will remain at 5 minutes.

http://www.mynfldraft.com/2008-NFL-Draft-Date

there you go man

nojobny
03-28-2008, 05:39 PM
thank god. 2 days, shorter time between! Maybe I'll go this year.

How do you get tickets?

Elvis
03-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm sure that I will have to be at work, but I look forward to it and seeing who goes where and who our Steelers get
:tt02:

Galax Steeler
03-29-2008, 07:32 AM
I am definetly going to like the shorter time between picks it seemed like it took forever when it was 15 minutes.

Texasteel
03-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I wonder if they would have made these changes if the draft had not become so well followed by the fans. TV has a lot of push with the NFL.

CanadianSteel
03-31-2008, 11:11 AM
The 2008 NFL Draft will be held at the Radio City Music Hall in New York on April 26th and 27th.

There are several changes that are being applied to this years NFL draft. The start time on April 26th has been moved to 3 pm (est) instead of the noon start as it has been in previous years. The first day will only consist of 2 rounds, with rounds 3-7 being completed on Sunday. In previous years, 3 rounds were completed on the first day.

The time alloted between each pick has also been adjusted. For the first round of the NFL draft, teams will only have 10 minutes this year, compared to the 15 minutes in last years draft. The second round goes to 7 minutes from 10, rounds 3 thru 7 will remain at 5 minutes.

http://www.mynfldraft.com/2008-NFL-Draft-Date

there you go man

That's Awesome Dylan thanks for the info. :wink02:
Now I can make and adjust plans accordingly where I will likely miss the first hour or so at most.
If Steelers stay at #23 and with 10 mins bewteen picks, they should be selecting around 6:50 pm approx. althoiugh math isn't my strong suit....

Cheers.....