PDA

View Full Version : Any Other Guitar Players here at SF?

NJarhead
03-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey, I noticed your avatar, do you have an ESP?

I finally got one in 2003 (been wanting one for years and years). I'm seeing them everywhere now for surprisingly little $$$.

polamalu82
03-31-2008, 12:06 PM
I've always loved esp's. I play a lot of metal so ESP with the EMG active pick-ups were a must. I have 2 ESP's. I have a ESP Kirk Hammet signature edition. It's the true ESP signature with the EMG 81 and 60. My other one is a EC-1000. The EC-1000 is beautiful with the black cherry finish. I was going to get the ESP Eclipse(not the LTD) but I couldn't find a big tonal difference between the two guitars, which is why I went with the EC-1000.

What type of ESP do you have?:jammin:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey guys....not to be a jag-off...but you might want to have this conversation via p.m.?

stlrtruck
03-31-2008, 03:33 PM
jag-off :toofunny:

Sorry LLT, I just couldn't resist it.

polamalu82
03-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey guys....not to be a jag-off...but you might want to have this conversation via p.m.?

Maybe it would be easier if TWD86 or a Mod. could change the title to "Who plays guitar?" or something. That way everyone stays happy. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
03-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Maybe it would be easier if TWD86 or a Mod. could change the title to "Who plays guitar?" or something. That way everyone stays happy. :thumbsup:

I changed it. :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
03-31-2008, 05:23 PM
i can play a jukebox !!! :thumbsup:

MACH1
03-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Does air guitar count...:banana:

Steeler in Carolina
03-31-2008, 07:24 PM
How about Guitar Hero?

PisnNapalm
03-31-2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.pisnnapalm.com/myaxe2.jpg

It's just an Ibanez Soundgear cheapo bass, but it's my bass. :thumbsup:

Dynasty
03-31-2008, 11:28 PM
i play bass. unfortunately i suck because i never really play it...

revefsreleets
04-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I sing in a band...play stuff like Cold, Third Eye Blind, Papa Roach, Saliva, Fuel, etc, etc...now all we need is a drummer and we have the "Steelerfever Band": )

vasteeler
04-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I sing in a band...play stuff like Cold, Third Eye Blind, Papa Roach, Saliva, Fuel, etc, etc...now all we need is a drummer and we have the "Steelerfever Band": )

drummer here 25+ years exp but sorry do not like any of the bands you have listed
but for a band named steelerfever band i could sacrifice:tt02:

revefsreleets
04-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Well, I sing classic rock stuff too...like Foreigner and some old 80's stuff.

NJarhead
04-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I've always loved esp's. I play a lot of metal so ESP with the EMG active pick-ups were a must. I have 2 ESP's. I have a ESP Kirk Hammet signature edition. It's the true ESP signature with the EMG 81 and 60. My other one is a EC-1000. The EC-1000 is beautiful with the black cherry finish. I was going to get the ESP Eclipse(not the LTD) but I couldn't find a big tonal difference between the two guitars, which is why I went with the EC-1000.

What type of ESP do you have?:jammin:

You're going to laugh, but it's the same cut as the Kirk Hammett and it is a limited. Shamefully, I haven't played it months and months. I was at a guitar show a few weeks ago and almost bought a new guitar. Then I realized, "you idiot, you don't play the ones you have!!!"

I do plan of selling my Ovation and upgrading to a Taylor. I also have a Jap Strat. When I do start playing again, I'll use that as my traditional, and Drop D tune the ESP. My other 3 guitars will continue to collect dust...... so sad. :shake01:

Steelman16
04-02-2008, 07:32 PM
You're going to laugh, but it's the same cut as the Kirk Hammett and it is a limited. Shamefully, I haven't played it months and months. I was at a guitar show a few weeks ago and almost bought a new guitar. Then I realized, "you idiot, you don't play the ones you have!!!"

I do plan of selling my Ovation and upgrading to a Taylor. I also have a Jap Strat. When I do start playing again, I'll use that as my traditional, and Drop D tune the ESP. My other 3 guitars will continue to collect dust...... so sad. :shake01:

I play guitar! :tt02:

I'm also hoping to uprade to a Taylor soon. I currently have a Tackaminie acoustic, and a Mexi-made Strat.

I play mostly Christian rock. :wink02:

NJarhead
04-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I play guitar! :tt02:

I'm also hoping to uprade to a Taylor soon. I currently have a Tackaminie acoustic, and a Mexi-made Strat.

I play mostly Christian rock. :wink02:

There appears to be a few of us on here. I've always played a ton of Metallica, but I had found myself staying unplugged a lot., playing things like the Eagles, Tom Petty and stuff like that.

The nice weather is coming, I just installed a gazebo in the back (perfect for a friendly acoustic jam with friends), my Uncle wants me to play "wonderful tonight" at his daughters wedding AND I'll be spending a week on the beaches of N.C. this summer. Plently of reasons to change the strings and start playing again. *sigh*

PisnNapalm
04-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I can play the bass for Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. That's about it right now though. I can't remember much else that I used to play.

EDIT:: My bass guitar was an impulse purchase. I always wanted to learn but never had the time or money. A few years ago I had about $300 of play money just for me and that what I bought.

sixstringlass
04-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Yup. I play guitar. (Hence, the username....)

I have 4 of 'em: a Schecter C-1 elite, a Les Paul, a Richie Sambora signature series Strat, and a Rogue acoustic/electric. I used to have a Taylor, but sold it for football-related purposes.

I also can play drums, bass, piano, and mandolin, and I'm learning to play the steel guitar I was bequeathed by my grandfather, God rest his soul. :)

KeiselPower99
05-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Esp player right here also!!! Still working on becoming the next big f'n deal. Esp is the only way to go when you play hard rock or metal.

steelwall
05-25-2008, 03:27 AM
I play bass, but after my accident Im missing about half of the end of my index finger, still stiched up so I don't know how that will effect my playing untill it fully heals. Ashamed because I was looking forward to rejoining the old band when I come back to the states next month.