PDA

View Full Version : What if???

19ward86
03-29-2008, 02:25 PM
What if we never released Chukki Okobi from his Steeler duties? Would we have lost all those "gimme" games because of sacks and/or pressure? Would we have won the Super Bowl? I can tell you 1 thing, Chukki Okobi would never of gotten destroyed like how Mahan did last season, We wouldnt be in the situation of having to sign 2 centers from other teams that didnt want them playing center for them. I believe that Hartwig will be good because he was good with the panthers. But not releasing Chukki Okobi could of saved us $3mil a year for a crap artist, and $2 mil for a 29 yr old guy who will have to be replaced in the next couple of years. Thoughts.:computer:

The Duke
03-29-2008, 02:39 PM
can tell you 1 thing, Chukki Okobi would never of gotten destroyed like how Mahan did last season

and how do you know this because?? nobody could have predicted mahan would suck so bad either

and this is just a could have been situation. the fact is chuky was released by not one but two teams last season. and, hey.....he hasn't been signed yet either

forget about the past, the steelers have a bright future in front of them

fansince'76
03-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Mahan beat Okobi out in camp. Doesn't say much for Okobi. If Okobi was such a great center, why didn't he stick in Arizona? Okobi is also 29 years old. Face it, Okobi was a project of Cowher's who never panned out.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Mahan beat Okobi out in camp. Doesn't say much for Okobi. If Okobi was such a great center, why didn't he stick in Arizona?

Exaclty. He couldn't even keap a roster spot with the Cards who don't exactly have the cream of the crop at the center position.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Okobi is a bum...lol I doubt he would have been that much better then Mahan...lol

OneForTheToe
03-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Well the Cards released him as well and they love all former Steelers. Granted, Okobi knows the position of center better than Mahan, but would he have played better? Maybe .... but I don't think he would have been much of an improvement.

RJC
03-29-2008, 03:46 PM
He's with the Texans now.....

Steeler in Carolina
03-29-2008, 04:36 PM
He's with the Texans now.....

This is a team known for good linemen.:sofunny:

19ward86
03-29-2008, 05:38 PM
My point was that mahan was actually the second best guy in tampa bay, why pick up a guy that is second best when the best guy isnt even a highly regarded center. If i remember correctly, chukki okobi payed in a few games in 2006 and showed promise. dont quit on someone just because they cant make it on another team. Just try on James Harrison for size, he couldnt make it with the Ravens but i think he has made a name in Pittsburgh.

Preacher
03-29-2008, 06:12 PM
My point was that mahan was actually the second best guy in tampa bay, why pick up a guy that is second best when the best guy isnt even a highly regarded center. If i remember correctly, chukki okobi payed in a few games in 2006 and showed promise. dont quit on someone just because they cant make it on another team. Just try on James Harrison for size, he couldnt make it with the Ravens but i think he has made a name in Pittsburgh.

Okobi not only wasn't good enough to beat out Mahan in camp, but he was injury prone. Chances are, according to his past injuries, he would not have made it through the year.

Galax Steeler
03-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I agree okobi didn't have much playing time to prove himself,but like the preacher said he was very injury prone.