Title: Steelers Fever First-Round Draft Projections
Source: Steelers Fever
Date: 3/30/07
Author: Jake Gundrum

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0804.html

:tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :helmet:

cham1970
03-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Did I miss something. Did Jake Long break his leg or something? I don't even see him on the board.

SteelersFever
03-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Maybe the author thought he was the only Jake allowed?

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-30-2008, 02:12 PM
I also noticed the absence of O-Linemen Brandon Albert and Jeff Otah....also am guessing that Jake thinks the injury to Stewart drops him out of the 1st round. I hope Jake follows up with an editorial.

SteelersFever
03-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah, maybe he thinks Branden Albert will still be available in the beginning of the second round. I think it's a possibility.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah, maybe he thinks Branden Albert will still be available in the beginning of the second round. I think it's a possibility.

Very possible...By no means can anyone say that a player wont slide....Brady Quinn was a perfect example of that last year.

I am always leary of a using a first round pick on a player that is expected to switch positions...though most "experts think that Albert can make the transition. As I said, Stewart may slide due to his surgery. Otah, I think, will be a 1st rounder, but stranger things have happened

Jake Long is a definite 1st rounder..and I suspect that the author made a typo....when he saw Chris "Long" on his list he passed Jake Long over....simple mistake.

cham1970
03-30-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm not too thrilled with the idea of drafting corner first. I guess I'm of the school of thought that shoring up both lines wil make our corners and receivers look much better.

Seemed like last year our defense was exposed when Smith went down. I think applying more pressure from the line will really go a long way towards alleviating the secondaries shortcomings.

I won't deny that we need help at receiver. I just don't see it to be such a problem that we need to use a first day pick.

I certainly don't believe our O-line is in shambles. But I do think its time to take O-line on the first day.

BettisFan
03-30-2008, 03:03 PM
I would like to see Cromartie here but i dont know if we should go by drafting hte best player availible

MasterOfPuppets
03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
thie mock woulda looked ok BEFORE the combine ,and pro days......doucet, campbell, felix jones,and manningham, have probably knocked themselves out of the first.

MDSteel15
03-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Lmao... what is this dude smoking????

Galax Steeler
03-31-2008, 04:49 AM
Lmao... what is this dude smoking????

I don't know but it must be some serious stuff.