PDA

View Full Version : If you could have the Steelers participate in any realistic trade, what would it be?

warddj86
03-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I don't know

Welcome To Smashmouth
03-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Neil O'Donnel for Sean Taylor..........wait, what???

*shoutout to the man who unjustly fell.....can only imagine what kind of field he graces his presence with these days$&#%#

19ward86
03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
hhmmmm...Marvel Smith for the Dolphins 2nd round pick.

HometownGal
03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Any practice squader for Chad Johnson so we could string him up by his nanas in Market Square and pretend he's a pinata. :poke:

warddj86
03-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Max Starks for a cheeseburger.

Hahahahahaha

desertsteel
03-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Ben for Carson Palmer.... April fools. Not in a million years.

SteelShooter
03-31-2008, 09:46 PM
I still like the cheeseburger offer!

Aussie_steeler
04-01-2008, 04:50 AM
There is one deal that stands out to me.

I see all the O line prospects being gone by the 23rd pick and the only options left to choose between will be some CB's and WR's. Whilst the FO is evaluating the best player available I can realistically see Atlanta calling to offer a trade IF QB Brian Brohm is still on the board and Miami has already taken QB Matt Ryan with the first pick of the draft ( a slight possibility)

The Falcons could sit tight and hope that he is available at the 32nd pick but I think they would make the trade in a heart beat to get him and eliminate any risk.

I see the steelers 23rd (760 points) being sought after with Atlantas 2nd round 2 pick ( pick 37 worth 530 points ) and their 68th pick in the third round ( 250 points)

They arent giving up much ( 20 points = mid 6th round pick potentially) to get the quarterback they want.

Two picks in both the second and third rounds then would allow the front office to address OL, DL, CB , WR or even LB.

I would be very happy indeed if that scenario worked out.

Godfather
04-01-2008, 11:38 AM
James Harrison to Washington for Pete Kendall.

We get a replacement for Faneca and get the Harrison controversy off our hands, and simply replace Harrison like we always do with departed linebackers. Snyder doesn't care about character issues so he gets a Pro Bowl linebacker.

lilyoder6
04-01-2008, 11:50 AM
matt ryan is not going number 1.. it's either gonna be long or dorsey..

BettisFan
04-01-2008, 12:45 PM
nothing....

Dino 6 Rings
04-01-2008, 12:46 PM
James Harrison to Washington for Pete Kendall.

We get a replacement for Faneca and get the Harrison controversy off our hands, and simply replace Harrison like we always do with departed linebackers. Snyder doesn't care about character issues so he gets a Pro Bowl linebacker.

Not bad, even though Harrison is a good linebacker, and had me jumping for joy a few times this past season, he's has a very high trade factor because of his pro-bowl year last season and there is no gaurentee we'll see another like that one.

I'd trade our 2009 2nd round pick and a 2010 4th round pick for Steven Jackson of the Rams...oh wait...you said realistic.

how about a 96 2nd round pick and a 97 4th round pick for Jerome Bettis!!!!

steelymcmatt
04-01-2008, 01:15 PM
I'd like to see us trade up in the 1st to get either Dominique Rodgers Cromartie OR Derek Harvey, but I don't want to give away the farm to get them either....I think if one of them drops to 15 or lower, that's when we start putting something together. Remember, we will have at least one comp pick next year for Faneca, so maybe it's not even a pick in the 08 draft we give up.....

one side only
04-01-2008, 02:26 PM

I see all the O line prospects being gone by the 23rd pick and the only options left to choose between will be some CB's and WR's. Whilst the FO is evaluating the best player available I can realistically see Atlanta calling to offer a trade IF QB Brian Brohm is still on the board and Miami has already taken QB Matt Ryan with the first pick of the draft ( a slight possibility)

The Falcons could sit tight and hope that he is available at the 32nd pick but I think they would make the trade in a heart beat to get him and eliminate any risk.

I see the steelers 23rd (760 points) being sought after with Atlantas 2nd round 2 pick ( pick 37 worth 530 points ) and their 68th pick in the third round ( 250 points)

They arent giving up much ( 20 points = mid 6th round pick potentially) to get the quarterback they want.

Two picks in both the second and third rounds then would allow the front office to address OL, DL, CB , WR or even LB.

I would be very happy indeed if that scenario worked out.

I would accept that trade in a heartbeat.

Rhee Rhee
04-01-2008, 04:07 PM
james harrison and bryant mcfadden and a 4th for antoine winfield...

antoine = the best tackling DB in the NFL and one of the best man-man corners...

SteelersJW
04-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Ben Roethlisberger for Dante Caulpepper because Ben sucks and you know Dante is sooooo good. His knees fine, he'll play great. Get the roll goin....

APRIL FOOLS

steelymcmatt
04-02-2008, 01:49 PM
james harrison and bryant mcfadden and a 4th for antoine winfield...

antoine = the best tackling DB in the NFL and one of the best man-man corners...

interesting.....Tomlin does know him well.....:coffee:

BettisFan
04-02-2008, 02:49 PM
We should trade willie parker and some picks and mabey another player for one of the top 5 picks and try to get Mcfadden!

tony hipchest
04-02-2008, 03:23 PM

i absolutely love this thinking.

i would like to steal michael bush from the raiders. maybe for max starks straight up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-02-2008, 03:57 PM

What about KC doing the same?? They can draft their OT with their round 1 pick and also look to get Brohm as well in the first. Herm Edwards needs some help and Brodie Croyle isnt the answer.

I see Atlanta wanting to stockpile as many picks as possible as they have a lot of holes to fill. I could maybe see them trying to trade a pick to the Browns for a QB. But a new coach is gonna have time to build thru the draft.

Otherwise, I deal up Max Starks for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, in a sign and trade.

Welcome To Smashmouth
04-02-2008, 11:29 PM
^ Sarcasm???

paw-n-maul-u
04-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Anyone hear Marvin Lewis' comments about CJ?

Listen I don't care what anyone says, chad johnson has never said anything except, "I'm chad johnson, i talk a lot, but u know what ur gonna get on Sunday" ... take away his celebrations and the media that follows, and all you have is a 5 time probowl receiver that shows up every week and wants nothing worse than to win a championship.

lets send D-bo Harrison to the bengals, and our second, for Chad Johnson, of the Cincy Bengals.

OOOPS!!!! chris henry punched a five year old girl in the face and smashed a car window, guess they definitly will need ocho this year

Rhee Rhee
04-03-2008, 03:29 AM
interesting.....Tomlin does know him well.....:coffee:

exactly!