PDA

View Full Version : Which college player that you are a fan of would you like to see the steelers draft?

atlsteelers
03-31-2008, 01:23 PM
It can be in any round or as a free agent. As a Georgia fan i am hoping that they draft marcus howard at some point.

look out for number 38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEsINkogUbw

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=25318 549

More info

Marcus Howard (Georgia) DE

Is he undersized for the position? Yes. Did he have an eye popping performance at the Combine? Yes. This is a kid who had a fantastic season at Georgia with 10 -1/2 sacks, and who could be drafted to play Linebacker in the NFL, a position he played back a few seasons ago. Few if any lineman or linebackers can match his raw speed, being clocked in 4.47 for the 40. Breaks extremely well from the line, and has more than enough agility and balance to justify taking a chance on him. Among the teams that could use him are the Bengals and the Falcons, both of whom had trouble getting to the Quarterback last year.

Gasteeler
03-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Good choice, Maybe Thomas Brown will end up in the black and Gold as well. Nice to see a fellow georgian on the board.

Go Steelers and Dawgs!:cheers:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-31-2008, 01:40 PM
FB/RB Jerome Felton from Furman....I would look so forward to seeing him make hood ornaments out of defensive players.

Ther are alot of other players in this draft that I would take before him because of need...but none that I would "on the edge of my seat" excited about like I would to see a TRUE big back running over the opposition!!

atlsteelers
03-31-2008, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=Go Steelers and Dawgs!:cheers:[/QUOTE]

It does not get much better than that!

atlsteelers
03-31-2008, 02:45 PM
FB/RB Jerome Felton from Furman....I would look so forward to seeing him make hood ornaments out of defensive players.

Ther are alot of other players in this draft that I would take before him because of need...but none that I would "on the edge of my seat" excited about like I would to see a TRUE big back running over the opposition!!

We could use another bruiser in the backfield

Texasteel
03-31-2008, 03:58 PM
The one kid that I have really gotten to like is Kendall Langford. I think he could do a very good job for us at DE.
Remember Smiths injury.

MasterOfPuppets
03-31-2008, 04:19 PM
erin henderson....lber...maryland

Texasteel
03-31-2008, 04:38 PM
erin henderson....lber...maryland

Would you settle for Dre Moore? I really like that kid.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-31-2008, 04:44 PM
Jacob Hester, Jordy Nelson, Mike Hart, Doug Legursky.

I love guys with great work ethic that overachieve.

As Bill Parcells said "effort without talent is painful to watch.....but talent without effort is a downright shame to see"

MasterOfPuppets
03-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Would you settle for Dre Moore? I really like that kid.
absolutely !!! i'd be thrilled with either one in the second. i think henderson would be the perfect guy to start grooming as farriors successer.i also believe moore would be an upgrade over kiesel.

Give It To Abercrombie
03-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Owen Schmitt FB WVU

A dozen broken facemasks in his career, not his, the masks belong to the poor bastards that got in his way.
:jammin:

Jeremy
03-31-2008, 06:14 PM
It can be in any round or as a free agent. As a Georgia fan i am hoping that they draft marcus howard at some point.

look out for number 38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEsINkogUbw

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=25318 549

More info

Marcus Howard (Georgia) DE

Is he undersized for the position? Yes. Did he have an eye popping performance at the Combine? Yes. This is a kid who had a fantastic season at Georgia with 10 -1/2 sacks, and who could be drafted to play Linebacker in the NFL, a position he played back a few seasons ago. Few if any lineman or linebackers can match his raw speed, being clocked in 4.47 for the 40. Breaks extremely well from the line, and has more than enough agility and balance to justify taking a chance on him. Among the teams that could use him are the Bengals and the Falcons, both of whom had trouble getting to the Quarterback last year.

That's a really exellent question.

I've always been of the opinion that I don't the pro team I root for to draft any of my favorite college players. If they do that, and the player sucks, then it spoils my memory of him as a college player.

It's the same reason I don't get upset when the Steelers pass over players from my school. But I know that puts me firmly in the minority.

millwalldavey
03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Jake Long. A boy can dream, no?

Jeremy
03-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Jake Long. A boy can dream, no?

Interesting. I think that he may be a little overrated right now. I'd like him a lot better at 15 than I would at 5.

But time will tell. I also loved D'Brickshaw Ferguson at #1 overall and we see how that one has turned out.

MDSteel15
03-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Dre Moore and James Stewart (in case Willie aint made it back)

Crushzilla
04-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Gonzo, I, too would LOVE to see Jordy Nelson in Black and Gold.

Unfortunately, there is some really NICE talent out there around the third pick. I may be more excited about that round than the first!

He's 6'3 217 and a dynamo.

He had some huge avg. reception numbers and is fearless over the middle, utilizing the stiff arm for some nice extra yards.

mIUu-nLx0lw

That would be Aliq Talib he's cooking around minute 1.

Rhee Rhee
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
myron rolle... sophmore now but could come out next year... will probably the top safety prospect next year... i'd say a whole nother echleon of safties.. next ed reed...

brsteelers
04-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah, he definitely isn't a top 3 round draft pick or anything, but I like Jacob Hester. Tough, overachieving kind of guy that will give you 100% all the time.

LambertIsGod58
04-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Chris Long....Darren McFadden....Mike Hart

Hines86Ward
04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Shawn Crable

lilyoder6
04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
chris long would be nice.. but oh well. and i heard that miami has opened contract negotiations w/ jake long

Rhee Rhee
04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
wait i didnt know it was this year's draft i thought it meant future...

but i think early doucet or earl bennett will be future hines ward's

and for future jasper brinkley MLB SOUTh carolina and if possible rey mauluga (hes a top 5 pick in my opinion), michael oher (another top 5 pick)

Black@Gold Forever32
04-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Chris Johnson.....He would be a great addition to our kick return game.....Plus he could add to our RB depth....I like Moore but Johnson could be a special return man....

lilyoder6
04-10-2008, 10:50 PM
chris johnson is hella fast too.. he could do some damage in the open field

Galax Steeler
04-11-2008, 04:52 AM
I would have to say chris long are darren mcfadden.

lilyoder6
04-11-2008, 12:44 PM
i would like to drc to be drafted by us.. we need some young talented corners and deshea is getting old

Rhee Rhee
04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
i would like to drc to be drafted by us.. we need some young talented corners and deshea is getting old

i'd rather have leodis mckelvin in the first and maybe godfrey and branch in the later rounds over DRC simply because they are all superb in run support and each make their share of big hits..

lilyoder6
04-11-2008, 03:12 PM
drc is a good very good corner.. he is just from a small school.. but i would also like to get dan connor to play the inside.. :o him timmons and woodly, and then get another very young talented lb.. we could have our 4 lb's 4 a very long time

MDSteel15
04-14-2008, 03:45 PM
RB - James Stewart, Mike Hart or Chris Johnson
OL - Chris Williams, Gosder Cherilus, Mike Crummey, Branden Albert or Lichtensteiger
WR - Early Doucet, Malcolm Kelley, Limas Sweed or Mario Manningham
DT - Dre Moore
LB - Erin Henderson or Shawne Crable
CB - DRC or the kid from Iowa

MasterOfPuppets
04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
RB - James Stewart, Mike Hart or Chris Johnson
OL - Chris Williams, Gosder Cherilus, Mike Crummey, Branden Albert or Lichtensteiger
WR - Early Doucet, Malcolm Kelley, Limas Sweed or Mario Manningham
DT - Dre Moore
LB - Erin Henderson or Shawne Crable
CB - DRC or the kid from Iowagodfrey ?

MDSteel15
04-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah, Charles Godfrey... sorry I had to go to work and my mind went blank!

MasterOfPuppets
04-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah, Charles Godfrey... sorry I had to go to work and my mind went blank!lol....well if your gonna go blank, thats the time to do it......:thumbsup: