PDA

View Full Version : Opening weekend primetime schedule

OneForTheToe
03-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Only the primetime games so far.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3322323
The New York Giants will host the NFL East rival Washington Redskins in the season opener Sept. 4, continuing the tradition of the Super Bowl champion hosting the Thursday night season opener. Kickoff will be 90 minutes earlier than usual because of the Republican National Convention.

The Indianapolis Colts will host the Chicago Bears in Sunday night's prime-time game, the first regular-season contest at Lucas Oil Stadium. ESPN will feature a Monday night doubleheader -- the Green Bay Packers, in their first game without retired quarterback Brett Favre, will host the Minnesota Vikings in the early matchup, while the Oakland Raiders will host the Denver Broncos in the late contest.

Oakland Raiders will host the Denver Broncos - Wow there's a winner. :flap:

The Duke
03-31-2008, 05:00 PM
1st aaron rodgers game and they put him in primetime against their rivals .........

why not just throw him to the bears :dang:

Elvis
03-31-2008, 07:38 PM
I think that the Raiders have improved themselves in several different areas especially on the defensive side of the ball. The addition of the corner Hall, and the Safety from the Giants should help tremendously. The Broncos could be a surprise team in the AFC I think.
I am just ready to get this draft thing done and over with and get some football started
:helmet:

fansince'76
03-31-2008, 07:38 PM
1st aaron rodgers game and they put him in primetime against their rivals .........

He played pretty well on the road against Dallas this past season in prime time, even if he didn't start the game. I think he'll be ready.

Galax Steeler
04-01-2008, 04:21 AM
Does anyone know who we play opening day.

CanadianSteel
04-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Adam Schefter (sp?) said on NFL Network that the full schedule is to come out around April 15th.

Dino 6 Rings
04-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Denver vs Oakland...that's such a dog game. Seriously...but I guess they want to get both in a primetime game before it becomes obvious how much they are going to suck this year. Plus, I bet the potential Draft of D-Mac to Oakland is playing a part in that choice.

BettisFan
04-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Well looks like a crappy opening couple days

Dizzle43
04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
It's always that way for the MNF double-header. They very rarely have two good teams playing each other. I think they should start doing flex scheduling for MNF games now too.

Edman
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
With San Diego being as strong as ever, don't count on Denver and Oakland making noise in the West this year. Denver has a shot to be a wildcard though.

OneForTheToe
04-01-2008, 02:53 PM
It's always that way for the MNF double-header. They very rarely have two good teams playing each other. I think they should start doing flex scheduling for MNF games now too.

The NFL rejected the idea of flex scheduling with MNF, which is why they moved the network primetime games to Sunday. They would have use issues with some of the stadiums switching between Sundays and Mondays and back.. Plus, some of the owners think their fans would revolt because they make plans to travel to see games months in advance.

warddj86
04-01-2008, 03:19 PM

How do you know that he won't be great!!!

Just a thought

The Duke
04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
How do you know that he won't be great!!!

Just a thought

I'm not saying he won't be great, in fact I think aaron will be a star in the league in a few years. just saying that for his 1st start in the NFL he has to go up against their improving division rivals in primetime, with everybody watching his every move, and playing in the shadow of a recently retired and future hall of famer.

seems like a lot of pressure to me. but I'm sure he will overcome it

nojobny
04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
The NFL rejected the idea of flex scheduling with MNF, which is why they moved the network primetime games to Sunday. They would have use issues with some of the stadiums switching between Sundays and Mondays and back.. Plus, some of the owners think their fans would revolt because they make plans to travel to see games months in advance.

I hate flex schedules for that very reason. When you have to come from a distance 10 days notice is just not enough. Most airfare specials need 14 days in advance.

vasteeler
04-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Well looks like a crappy opening couple days

idk i think the Redskins Giants game will be pretty good

CanadianSteel
04-02-2008, 02:28 PM
idk i think the Redskins Giants game will be pretty good

Yes I think this could be the best of the Lot of opening week printime games....
Actually like watching Broncos vs Raiders as a rivalry ganme also.....