PDA

View Full Version : The guards in play

brsteelers
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Here's an article on some of the guards that the Steelers could end up drafting. As some have said, Branden Albert would be a nice play for the team (he may be able to play either tackle or guard). That said, I'm hoping to get a good tackle if the right one is available early in this draft. What do you think (see the rest of the article below in my signature):

Many believe the Pittsburgh Steelers will choose an offensive tackle with their first selection (No. 23 overall) in April's NFL draft.

But what happens when you lose a perennial All-Pro guard like Alan Faneca?

You replace him. Kind of, anyway.

When the longtime Steeler signed with the New York Jets in free agency, it was a big-time loss for Pittsburgh. In all likelihood, the Steelers will have an incredibly difficult time trying to replace Faneca; it will probably take a long time for the team to find another guard like Faneca.

But you do have to move on, and what better place to do that than the draft?

There are five guards, all of whom are profiled below, in this draft who should interest Pittsburgh.

Branden Albert (Virginia): Albert is the best guard available in this year's draft. He

Texasteel
03-31-2008, 04:05 PM
I think Rachal is the 2nd best OG in the draft. If not him Young would be tempting to me. I saw a few people rate Young a late 1st rounder befor he got hurt. Is a torn quadricep a reoccuring injury?

steelmann58
03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Albert,Rachal,Schuerling in that order