PDA

View Full Version : Steelers won't get extra draft pick

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Steelers won't get extra draft pick
Monday, March 31, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
PALM BEACH, Fla. -- As expected, the Steelers received no extra draft choices when the NFL released its list of compensatory picks today.

The compensatory picks are issued based on a complicated formula that takes into account what teams lost in free agency last year compared to what they acquired.

The Steelers lost little in free agency and signed, for one, starting center Sean Mahan. They did not expect to receive any extra picks and will have six picks entering the April 26-27 draft -- one in each of the first six rounds. They traded their seventh-round pick for punt return Allen Rossum, whom they released in February.

Cincinnati and Baltimore were the main recipients of compensatory picks among the four AFC North Division teams. Cincinnat received four extra picks -- one in the third, sixth and two in the seventh. Baltimore received four draft choices -- one each in the third, fourth, sixth and seventh rounds

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08091/869401-66.stm

19ward86
04-01-2008, 11:47 AM
cincy and baltimore got some serious help this year.

Dino 6 Rings
04-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Cincy and Baltimore need all the help they can get, how embarrassing for them that people are picking the Browns to finish ahead of them both next season.

Edman
04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Baltimore is in worse shape than people think. Their core players are getting old and they still need a QB. But they're still a threat. In the AFC North, all the teams are threats. Yes, even the Browns.

But then again, the Steelers weren't supposed to do anything in 2007 either. What a difference a year makes.

Rhee Rhee
04-01-2008, 03:02 PM
i swear the AFC North has got to be one of the top 3 toughest divisions in football hands down

this only cements it

Welcome To Smashmouth
04-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Shit, the fact that NE is now on the public pulpit for cheating on Pittsburgh in two AFC CHAMPIONSHIP games, I think we're duea lot more than just a compensary draft pick......

Maybe God will throw us a black 'n gold bone (optimism, optimism, faith faith faith)

Boomerang
04-02-2008, 10:56 PM
i swear the AFC North has got to be one of the top 3 toughest divisions in football hands down

this only cements it

Yeah i agree,i itsa tough division.

faneca05
04-03-2008, 03:04 PM
We may not have gotten one this year but I think we will get one for losing Faneca, and maybe one for Haggans

Dylan
04-03-2008, 03:22 PM
yea a 3rd for faneca and hopefully at least a 3rd or 4th for haggans

Hapa
04-12-2008, 03:18 PM
cincy and baltimore got some serious help this year.

I pity them too.