PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Baker Impressing?

19ward86
04-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Sorry i forget where i seen this at but it is reported that Mike Tomlin said that he has been one of the most impressive players in practice. He is getting stronger and faster and more athletic, i believe that the draft will be WR free unless one is drafted in the 4th or 5th round. Which is good news considering we need to help other positions instead of helping positions where we are deep at, mabe not tall, but good depth. I wouldnt mind seeing paul hubbard, jordy nelson, or even marcus monk to add to depth since we could get them in the 3rd-5th round.:computer:

warddj86
04-01-2008, 02:55 PM
april fools???

NastyLloyd95
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
No joke, I hear the same. that would be a very nice luxury for us.

Rhee Rhee
04-01-2008, 03:03 PM
april fools???

amen

warddj86
04-01-2008, 03:07 PM
well if thats true then welcome aboard

19ward86
04-01-2008, 03:50 PM
cheap way to gain a tall reciever.

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Dallas Baker, The Touchdown Maker!

Combine him with Matt Trannon, and that could be a great 4/5 combo.

fansince'76
04-01-2008, 03:55 PM
amen

Yup, everybody knows if a rookie WR doesn't break records, make everyone's All-Pro team and the Pro Bowl in their rookie year, they're not worth a damn.

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Yup, everybody knows if a rookie WR doesn't break records, make everyone's All-Pro team and the Pro Bowl in their rookie year, they're not worth a damn.

It was pretty telling that Baker even made the squad considering where he was drafted.

I think he has the highest ceiling of any of the Steelers young flankers.

tony hipchest
04-01-2008, 04:12 PM
I think he has the highest ceiling of any of the Steelers young flankers.

assuming he learns how to tie his big boy cleats on his own...

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, Baker looked like he couldnt catch a cold in training camp, compared to rookie FA Nate Washington making the squad and now 4 years later everybody is still on his case.

I hope Baker can turn out to be a decent #4WR or better, but not holding my breath.

millwalldavey
04-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I liked that pick at the end last year. @ 6'5" he has a great opportunity if he starts busting his tail right now.

SteelersJW
04-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I hope he comes in and kicks some ass. That would be a great draft pick by us.

Galax Steeler
04-02-2008, 03:42 AM
I hope he comes in and kicks some ass. That would be a great draft pick by us.

:hunch:

one side only
04-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Getting back to the original post in this thread, what could Dallas Baker be doing at this moment that could be construed as impressive? The voluntary off-season workout program is just that, working out. They aren't practicing anything.

Jeremy
04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Getting back to the original post in this thread, what could Dallas Baker be doing at this moment that could be construed as impressive? The voluntary off-season workout program is just that, working out. They aren't practicing anything.

That we know of. Players will find a way to stay sharp during the offseason.

The_WARDen
04-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Dallas Baker is irrelevant at this point. If he actually ever steps on the field then he will be relevant.

19ward86
04-02-2008, 11:06 AM

OK, big receivers are loved when they are fast and strong. Baker made a name for himself for being fast but strength wasnt a big time quality. If a 6'3" 210lb reciever can rep 225 lbs 17+ times, we are looking at a guy who can play the role of posession reciever or big playmaker. Strength is a thing where it is easy to impress if you are improving. Anywho, tomlin said something about catching the ball in practice, he could easily be referring to last season.:coffee:

Welcome To Smashmouth
04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Not all that long ago Ben asked the organization for a tall receiver.....just an offbeat chance that this is the time Dallas Baker decides to step his game up????

...I think not

Galax Steeler
04-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Not all that long ago Ben asked the organization for a tall receiver.....just an offbeat chance that this is the time Dallas Baker decides to step his game up????

...I think not

I agree I don't think baker can be the receiver ben wanted but we will see.

GBMelBlount
04-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Baker may not make the transition to pro but I still think he has the potential to contribute. Perhaps it may take him longer to transition (learn) than others and being overwhelmed could have affected his confidence and performance.

Midnightwriter7
04-03-2008, 10:39 AM
hey considering washington washaving a few problems hanging on to the ball at times... I am up for anyone who can step up thier game... I dont care where drafted or what happened in the past... the fact remains we pretty much have 2 WR spots open and Washington hasnt exactly nailed down the 3 spot on performance just yet.... so If Baker may be someone who can do something... I am all for him and will look forward to see what he can do.

stlrtruck
04-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Baker did a good job of holding on to the ball during his college days. Not sure why he dropped to the late rounds but I feel confident if he can change his work habits and focus, he'd jump up on the roster.

To me he's like a diamond in the rough. And now with Ced being released he has an opportunity to beat out former FSU foe Willie Reid for a better position on the roster.

If you can't tell, I'm pulling for Dallas Baker to jump ranks this season. The only thing he may have to do is change his first name.

faneca05
04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
I sure hope he beats out Willie Ried....... But that shouldnt be that hard to do. :hope:

Galax Steeler
04-04-2008, 03:42 AM
I sure hope he beats out Willie Ried....... But that shouldnt be that hard to do. :hope:

I think willie reid might be a thing of the past I would say his days are numbered.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I think willie reid might be a thing of the past I would say his days are numbered.

Yeah I agree. He'll probably get cut after camp.

Jeremy
04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Dallas Baker has the potential to be a solid #3.

I'm rooting for him to do just that.

zulater
04-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I also remember reading somewhere how Ben was liking what he was seeing from Baker too. Remember Yancy Thigpen was cut by the Chargers, then spent a season with the Steelers doing nothing before he got a chance to prove his worth.