PDA

View Full Version : Steelers | Cheerleaders holding open tryouts

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Steelers | Cheerleaders holding open tryouts
Mon, 01 Apr 2008 11:24:44 -0700

The Pittsburgh Steelers will host open tryouts for the Steelerettes. Women 18 and older may tryout Saturday, April 5, at the team's training facility. Registration will begin at 8 a.m. and the auditions will begin at 9 a.m.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-01-2008, 02:49 PM
April first is really NOT the funniest day of the year. :(

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Steelers | John Kuhn named Director of Personnel

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announce that John Kuhn , who can do all things, will be placed in charge of Personnel. Kuhn's first act was to place himself in position to play Running back, Fullback, and backup to Steeley McBeam.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Steelers | The Rooney's are cheap

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced that they are cheap....thats all.....just cheap

Crushzilla
04-01-2008, 03:06 PM

It would appear that is the case, but I can assure you its not.

My ex-girlfriend is a dance instructor at a nearby studio and some of her top prospects are heading down on Saturday.

Personally, I'm glad.

Some of those girls are HOT.

This is long overdue for the francise and a great reward for the people of Pittsburgh :tt02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-01-2008, 03:09 PM
It would appear that is the case, but I can assure you its not.

My ex-girlfriend is a dance instructor at a nearby studio and some of her top prospects are heading down on Saturday.

Personally, I'm glad.

Some of those girls are HOT.

This is long overdue for the francise and a great reward for the people of Pittsburgh :tt02:

:blah:

believe it when I see it and if its true.....they better be HOT!!!:cheers:

Crushzilla
04-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Steelers | John Kuhn named Director of Personnel

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announce that John Kuhn , who can do all things, will be placed in charge of Personnel. Kuhn's first act was to place himself in position to play Running back, Fullback, and backup to Steeley McBeam.

This is a bold move by the FO. Kuhn was praised out of college for his knowledge of the game. It was one of the reasons the Steelers wanted him.

Last year he did A LOT to develop Ryan Grant into the stud RB he is going to be.

I'm glad they were able to wrestle him away from the Packers for such a LOW cost:

The rights to open a Primanti's in Lambeau Field. Which is odd because I wasn't aware the Steelers were affiliated with the restaurant directly.

I guess the Primanti Brothers realize the importance of having Kuhn in the front office.

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
There's nothing wrong with cheerleaders. Every guy here had a crush on a cheerleader in high school.

Crushzilla
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Steelers | The Rooney's are cheap

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced that they are cheap....thats all.....just cheap

This is good. I'm glad the Rooney's are able to come to terms with their cheapness.

This is certainly a product of the sensitivity training they were forced to undergo for the whole Harrison/Wlson debacle.

From what I've heard, on numerous rumor sites, the counselors were focusing the treatment about accepting responsibility and coming to terms with their shortcomings.

This is a great first step.

With a little more practice, and years of expensive therapy paid for by the people of Pittsburgh, the Rooney's will be competent enough to run an NFL francise again.

:thumbsup:

Knowledge is power!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Return of Cheerleaders?
STEELERS NOTEBOOK
Monday, April 1, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

First it was the return of a silly Mascot to prance through the stands, and now the Steeler faithful will have to endure the bane of sports entertainment. The Cheerleader.

After a 40 year absence, the Steelers are prepared to bring back the sideline prancing and jiggling in an effort to "provide year round ambassadors" that will promote not only the Steelers but the city of Pittsburgh.

Game on

The NFL announced the four games that will be televised nationally during the first week of the regular season, none of which involves the Steelers.

The Washington Redskins will visit the New York Giants for a 7 p.m. game (NBC) on Thursday, Sept. 4, and the Indianapolis Colts will host the Chicago Bears for an 8:15 p.m. contest (NBC) on Sept. 7.

The Monday matchups Sept. 8 will be the Minnesota Vikings at the Green Bay Packers at 7 p.m. and the Denver Broncos at the Oakland Raiders at 10:15 p.m. Both games will be televised by ESPN

Crushzilla
04-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Return of Cheerleaders?
STEELERS NOTEBOOK
Monday, April 1, 2008

First it was the return of a silly Mascot to prance through the stands, and now the Steeler faithful will have to endure the bane of sports entertainment. The Cheerleader.

After a 40 year absence, the Steelers are prepared to bring back the sideline prancing and jiggling in an effort to "provide year round ambassadors" that will promote not only the Steelers but the city of Pittsburgh.

Game on

The NFL announced the four games that will be televised nationally during the first week of the regular season, none of which involves the Steelers.

The Washington Redskins will visit the New York Giants for a 7 p.m. game (NBC) on Thursday, Sept. 4, and the Indianapolis Colts will host the Chicago Bears for an 8:15 p.m. contest (NBC) on Sept. 7.

The Monday matchups Sept. 8 will be the Minnesota Vikings at the Green Bay Packers at 7 p.m. and the Denver Broncos at the Oakland Raiders at 10:15 p.m. Both games will be televised by ESPN

OH BOY!

Who can deny prancing and jiggling!

:yummy:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-01-2008, 03:22 PM
This is good. I'm glad the Rooney's are able to come to terms with their cheapness.

This is certainly a product of the sensitivity training they were forced to undergo for the whole Harrison/Wlson debacle.

From what I've heard, on numerous rumor sites, the counselors were focusing the treatment about accepting responsibility and coming to terms with their shortcomings.

This is a great first step.

With a little more practice, and years of expensive therapy paid for by the people of Pittsburgh, the Rooney's will be competent enough to run an NFL francise again.

:thumbsup:

Knowledge is power!

I just hear on Pat Kirwans show that the Rooneys have pulled all the "big fluffy" towels out of the locker room and turned off the showeres in an attempt to cut expenses...and have placed Wet-ones in each locker.

Crushzilla
04-01-2008, 03:25 PM
I just hear on Pat Kirwans show that the Rooneys have pulled all the "big fluffy" towels out of the locker room and turned off the showeres in an attempt to cut expenses...and have placed Wet-ones in each locker.

And why not. Wet-Ones serve a dual purpose.

They smell fantastic and promote "team building."

"Casey, can you wipe down my back, dude."

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Return of Cheerleaders?
STEELERS NOTEBOOK
Monday, April 1, 2008

Game on

And the problem with that is?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-01-2008, 03:31 PM
And why not. Wet-Ones serve a dual purpose.

They smell fantastic and promote "team building."

"Casey, can you wipe down my back, dude."

:jawdrop:

FUNNY!!!.....wrong!...but FUNNY!!!

HometownGal
04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
There's nothing wrong with cheerleaders. Every guy here had a crush on a cheerleader in high school.

I was a cheerleader in HS but I see no need for the Steelers to have them, as the
65,000+ don't need T & A floppin' around to get them to make some noise!

Personally, though, I wouldn't mind if we had a few male cheerleaders too. Fair is fair.

TackleMeBen
04-01-2008, 03:53 PM
I was a cheerleader in HS but I see no need for the Steelers to have them, as the

Personally, though, I wouldn't mind if we had a few male cheerleaders too. Fair is fair.

:iagree: 100% with that statement.. :wink02:

NastyLloyd95
04-01-2008, 04:02 PM

Just dated them.

stlrtruck
04-01-2008, 04:07 PM

You were 100% good up until that last sentence. Personally, there's no need for cheerleaders (male or female) on the sidelines of Heinz Field. It isn't like a HS game where the cheerleaders can be heard - and as I read on a sign: Why don't the Steelers have Cheerleaders? Because they're already in the stands!

Some traditions are worth holding on to - not having cheerleaders should be one of them!

stlrtruck
04-01-2008, 04:08 PM
OH BOY!

Who can deny prancing and jiggling!

:yummy:

If I wanted to see all that then I'd go to a strip club/gentleman's club that shows Steelers games.

msafford
04-01-2008, 04:33 PM

I volunteer. I got's some moves! (just kidding, by the way):sofunny:

HometownGal
04-01-2008, 04:36 PM
You were 100% good up until that last sentence. Personally, there's no need for cheerleaders (male or female) on the sidelines of Heinz Field. It isn't like a HS game where the cheerleaders can be heard - and as I read on a sign: Why don't the Steelers have Cheerleaders? Because they're already in the stands!

Some traditions are worth holding on to - not having cheerleaders should be one of them!

Geez stlrtruck - I was just kidding. How many threads have we had in the past on this redundant subject and I've always held firm that the Steelers don't need cheerleaders? :dang::dang: I watch football to see the action on the field - not the jiggling jugs on the sidelines!

If I wanted to see all that then I'd go to a strip club/gentleman's club that shows Steelers games.

AMEN! :cheers:

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 04:52 PM

So THAT'S where my soapbox went!

Godfather
04-01-2008, 04:52 PM

I think the Saints did for a little while. I remember seeing a group picture one year where they had a coed squad. (Seriously, not an April Fool joke).

19ward86
04-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I just cant imagine having cheerleaders, where does that put steely mcbeam?

Crushzilla
04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I just cant imagine having cheerleaders, where does that put steely mcbeam?

In Mascot Heaven...

Insinuating that:

A.) The presence of barely legal girls swarming around him would be pleasurable for any stone jawed mascot

or

B.) We can whack him

Texasteel
04-01-2008, 05:23 PM
:blah:

believe it when I see it and if its true.....they better be HOT!!!:cheers:

That cold Pittsburgh wind starts blowing up those short skirts, and I know one part that will not be to hot, not even warm.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-01-2008, 05:29 PM

Hmmmm......where would the beers be cheaper??

Steeler game with prancing and jiggling women or club with the Steeler game on? They both basically have a cover charge, security, announcers(PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR .....MERCEDES!!) and you pay a premium for better seats, err dances. :banana:

I guess the difference is a Steelers game is only weekly and you can go see the ballet any day of the week.

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I think the Saints did for a little while. I remember seeing a group picture one year where they had a coed squad. (Seriously, not an April Fool joke).

The Ravens have male cheerleaders as well.

Dino 6 Rings
04-01-2008, 05:47 PM
So does this mean that the guys on the site can start a "who's your favorite Steelers Cheerleader" Thread, with pics and voting!

sweet....so sweet...

(Part of me refuses to believe anything printed until April 2nd.)

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 05:48 PM
So does this mean that the guys on the site can start a "who's your favorite Steelers Cheerleader" Thread, with pics and voting!

sweet....so sweet...

(Part of me refuses to believe anything printed until April 2nd.)

Check out the cheerleader photo gallaries on SI.com and get back to me. :wink02:

BettisFan
04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Wait so we are actually getting cheerleaders!?...or is this some cruel fools day joke??

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Wait so we are actually getting cheerleaders!?...or is this some cruel fools day joke??

It's looking that it's for real. Of course I've been fooled before.

BettisFan
04-01-2008, 06:05 PM
i hope it is! :)

PAMillerGrrl83
04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
:iagree:I was a cheerleader in HS but I see no need for the Steelers to have them, as the

:iagree:

I totally agree with HTG and TMB, we dont need short skirts and bimbos to cheer on our boys when we're prefectly capable of doing it ourselves and looking much hotter! :cheer::cheer: And yea I was a cheerleader all through my school days LoL.

Godfather
04-01-2008, 11:32 PM
The Ravens have male cheerleaders as well.

That's just an awesome job to have. hang out with the hotties and get to meet the NFL players.

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 11:38 PM
That's just an awesome job to have. hang out with the hotties and get to meet the NFL players.

Cheerleading in the NFL doesn't pay very, so most of the NFL's cheerleaders hold down day jobs as well. That's a very big committment on the part of these men and women.

Petesburgh66
04-02-2008, 12:35 AM

I agree. It's the dumbest day of the year.

verks36
04-02-2008, 01:59 AM
The two words

Steelers and Cheerleaders Does not belong in the same sentence

Da Steeler Soprano
04-02-2008, 03:45 AM

Shit I still have crushes on cheerleaders in highschool and Im 25...haha j/k

Galax Steeler
04-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Bring the cheerleaders on I am ready for it.

stlrtruck
04-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Geez stlrtruck - I was just kidding. How many threads have we had in the past on this redundant subject and I've always held firm that the Steelers don't need cheerleaders? :dang::dang: I watch football to see the action on the field - not the jiggling jugs on the sidelines!

AMEN! :cheers:

I don't know HTG, I'm sure if they brought out the Chippin' Dales for one game you might be persuaded :flap:

stlrtruck
04-02-2008, 08:35 AM
So THAT'S where my soapbox went!

And I was wondering who left it here for me.

Here you can have it back now :cheers:

tunes4life
04-02-2008, 08:48 AM
I've heard through the grape vine that Mark Madden has applied for the job of head cheerleader. :cheer: <<-- Actual proportions

BettisFan
04-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I've heard through the grape vine that Mark Madden has applied for the job of head cheerleader. :cheer: <<-- Actual proportions

LOL he looks great!

The_WARDen
04-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I dunno...they serve their purpose. For example, I'd rather see the jiggling jugs during breaks in play rather than stupid sideline questions like "Coach, what does your team have to do today to win this game?"

lilyoder6
04-02-2008, 07:20 PM
it would take time away from the commercial breaks.. ppl can watch the women dance.. maybe they should be the 1st team to install poles on the field too..

Jeremy
04-02-2008, 07:34 PM
it would take time away from the commercial breaks.. ppl can watch the women dance.. maybe they should be the 1st team to install poles on the field too..

That's a good thing.

PalmerSteel
04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
havent been on in a while and come to see this headline instantly thought this had to be a bad april fools joke. are you kidding me?! i like lookin at hotties just like the next guy, but come on, we are the tough gritty steelers! you can see that stuff any time anywhere if you really want to. we dont need no stinkin cheerleaders! thats has always been one of the things that set us apart from other teams ( i think there may be another team or 2 that doesnt have cheerleaders also). if it happens it happens, but i dont like it. bad move by the FO IMO :helmet:

BettisFan
04-02-2008, 08:38 PM

We can just dream :thumbsup: :wink02:

Welcome To Smashmouth
04-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Why would you kid about this.....

Theres being a conservative organization that does not believe in changing with the conformist tide, and then theres not supporting the beauty of God's given gift to women ---- the breasts....WTF?!?!?!

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-02-2008, 11:49 PM
nothing like cheerleaders on a freezing cold pittsburgh afternoon...the only skin you'll see will be on their face.

my dad used to make remarks about the cheerleaders on college sidelines...my mom would chime in and "you're getting too old." and he would reply by saying, "i might be getting older, but they're not."

you know, when you think that one over the old man was right...

Rhee Rhee
04-03-2008, 05:28 AM
what should we call them?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Steelers | Steelers Cancel Cheerleader tryouts
Mon, 03 Apr 2008 11:24:44 -0700

The Pittsburgh Steelers Director of Personnel, John Kuhn, announced that the Pittburgh Steelers have cancelled Steelerette tryouts. Kuhn States he was informed by Comissioner Goodell, that Bengal Coach Marvin Lewis was concerned about an exodus of his players to greener pastures.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-03-2008, 11:19 AM
what should we call them?

Steely McBosom's

tony hipchest
04-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Steely McBosom's:sofunny: -i like it!

stlrtruck
04-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Steely McBosom's

Oh man, I'm so thankful I didn't have a drink in my mouth when I read that! :toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
04-03-2008, 11:35 AM
If I wanted to see all that then I'd go to a strip club/gentleman's club that shows Steelers games.i'll meet ya there !!! :thumbsup:

Blitzburgh_Fever
04-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Steely McBosom's

Awesome. I have a new name for when my girlfriend wears my jerseys!