PDA

View Full Version : Cutler rips troubled WR Marshall

TackleMeBen
04-02-2008, 06:56 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Jay Cutler (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/401243) has had it with all the drama and headlines surrounding top target Brandon Marshall (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/401579).

In his first offseason interview, one sprinkled with unusually blunt criticism, the Denver Broncos (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67044) quarterback called out his No. 1 receiver and fellow third-year star who suffered a gash on his right forearm while horsing around last month. "Yeah, he's not my favorite person right now," Cutler said. "I mean, I support him, but it's always something with him right now."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7978168/Cutler-rips-troubled-WR-Marshall

Counselor
04-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Wow, this was an interesting article. He is perfectly right in everything he says, and under the right circumstances, it could be a sign of leadership. . .but it depends on how his teamates take it.
Ben wouldn't get away with this in his lockerroom.

Rhee Rhee
04-02-2008, 06:10 PM
good call by cutler i've respected him a lot and i stand by my original thought that jay cutler would better than both leinart and young...

hopefully ben learns from this and will take a stand... getting involved with the FO is only the first step

Galax Steeler
04-03-2008, 04:03 AM
Sounds like he is trying to get the reigns out there.

stlrtruck
04-03-2008, 07:28 AM
I understand what he's saying but if Cutler wants to show leadership, this issue should have been handled in house and not in the media (we all know the media make a bigger issue out of things than the player actually intended)

fansince'76
04-03-2008, 10:48 AM
hopefully ben learns from this and will take a stand... getting involved with the FO is only the first step

And be accused of being an attention-whoring diva yet again? Ben can't say a word without someone jumping all over it. Hence, 30-page threads when he has the gall to say he'd like a tall WR and the like. The less Ben says, the better.

Preacher
04-03-2008, 01:25 PM
I understand what he's saying but if Cutler wants to show leadership, this issue should have been handled in house and not in the media (we all know the media make a bigger issue out of things than the player actually intended)

Yep..

though, I wonder if he tried. Who knows, it could be that the message wasn't getting through 'in-house' so Cutler took it the next step.

If that is the case (and we probably will not know) then it is an excellent example of leadership.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I think its the right thing for Cutler to do.

As for Ben, he has no WR's that have run ins with the law or fall into TV's, so he doenst have to call anybody out.

I'm sure he will have his time to work on routes with Hines, Santonio, Heath, Nate, and the rest of the WR's.

Dino 6 Rings
04-03-2008, 03:45 PM
who the heck is Cutler really though...what has he done to earn anyone on the Broncos respect?

This is Cutlers attempt to take charge and be considered a leader. he's one lousy Bronco season away from playing back up on the Dolphins.

Elvis
04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Somehow, I don't think that would work the same. Ben's not in a good position to do those kinds of things -- his reputation is roughly the same as that of a guy who still lives in a frat house. If we want some player in that take-charge leadership role off the field, it'll probably have to be somebody else.
Sorry Steelreserve, but I just cant agree with ya here about Ben. He has grown up very well in my opinion of Ben since the motorcycle crash year before last. He has started speaking his mind and asking for certain things of our Steelers' org. These are signs of the young man growing up to me.

TackleMeBen
04-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry Steelreserve, but I just cant agree with ya here about Ben. He has grown up very well in my opinion of Ben since the motorcycle crash year before last. He has started speaking his mind and asking for certain things of our Steelers' org. These are signs of the young man growing up to me.

i have to agree that i think he has matured somewhat.

Blitzburgh_Fever
04-04-2008, 08:08 AM
who the heck is Cutler really though...what has he done to earn anyone on the Broncos respect?

This is Cutlers attempt to take charge and be considered a leader. he's one lousy Bronco season away from playing back up on the Dolphins.

He's the guy that beat us last year.

He's really a solid player, Denver has just had some shake ups. Reading that article, Cutler really sounds like a leader and sounds like he's done what he can in house, as has Shanahan, and Marshall just can't be controlled. Ballsy of him to talk about the "wake up calls" routine. Seems like they've tried in house, and now maybe the media will show him the severity of the situation. If not, the Bengals are always looking to pick up a jailmonger!

Of course I could just be a homer, Cutler grew up two hours from me :flap:

Dino 6 Rings
04-04-2008, 08:46 AM
He's the guy that beat us last year.

He's really a solid player, Denver has just had some shake ups. Reading that article, Cutler really sounds like a leader and sounds like he's done what he can in house, as has Shanahan, and Marshall just can't be controlled. Ballsy of him to talk about the "wake up calls" routine. Seems like they've tried in house, and now maybe the media will show him the severity of the situation. If not, the Bengals are always looking to pick up a jailmonger!

Of course I could just be a homer, Cutler grew up two hours from me :flap:

Pretty sure we lost because of a field goal and that we had a tendancy to play down to lesser competition all season last year.

Cutler is a nobody, he's the guy that gave Shananagans the ability to cut Plummer and that's it. Cutler was put in, when the Broncs had a legit chance of making the playoffs mid season in 06, they ended up on the outside looking in, then this year, once again, they missed the playoffs. He's done Nothing in this league and hasn't earned the respect of Vets anywhere. Punk talking out his arse is all it is. And to do it in the media...as a nobody yet...is pathetic.

Ben can talk, he has a Ring, Brady, McNabb, Manning, Eli, all are leaders on their teams and all can tell guys what's what.

Cutler is a nobody. And until he proves otherwise, he should keep his big mouth shut.

fansince'76
04-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Cutler is a nobody, he's the guy that gave Shananagans the ability to cut Plummer and that's it.

Living in Denver and being force-fed info about the Broncos as I'm a captive audience, I have to agree. Cutler has done NOTHING of note in the NFL so far.

TackleMeBen
04-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Living in Denver and being force-fed info about the Broncos as I'm a captive audience, I have to agree. Cutler has done NOTHING of note in the NFL so far.

you know we wouldnt be having this discussion if john lynch had been the one to make these comments.

however, isnt the qb suppost to be the leader of the team and and dont you wont him to speakout (albeit in respectful way).

Dino 6 Rings
04-04-2008, 10:57 AM
To be a Leader in the NFL, first you lead with your action on the Field. Ben became a leader when he went 15-1, then won a SB (performance in the SB aside) he Earned the right first, then had a fall, then got himself back up. That earned him the respect and right to be a vocal leader on the team. Cutler...nothing. He's a "yet to be" and needs to lead his team to one playoff game, maybe a playoff win, before he shoots his mouth off to the media.

tony hipchest
04-04-2008, 11:00 AM
cutler no longer has marshall, smith or walker to throw too. id be a little miffed.

steelreserve
04-04-2008, 11:41 AM
i have to agree that i think he has matured somewhat.

Well, somewhat. But I still get the sense that if he started chewing out guys on his own team, it would be taken as being a diva instead of being a leader. Hopefully he turns that corner someday, but I don't know if it's now.

steelersfanman92
04-04-2008, 11:48 AM
You have to actually go and talk to ur teammates, even if u disagree with stuff that they do u have to be mature and deal with it personally, not go and tell the media

Jeremy
04-04-2008, 11:52 AM

That's a lesson he'll learn in time. Nothing good happens when you alert the media that you're upset.

Dino 6 Rings
04-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Agreed, he shouldn't have taken any problem he had public.

MasterOfPuppets
04-04-2008, 12:01 PM
if i were marshal, i tell cutler.....when you start signing my paycheck, come talk to me....until then.....STFU !!!!

Dino 6 Rings
04-04-2008, 12:07 PM
if i were marshal, i tell cutler.....when you start signing my paycheck, come talk to me....until then.....STFU !!!!

LOL!!!

Yeah, or "when you start leading us to the playoffs, then come talk to me"

TackleMeBen
04-04-2008, 03:07 PM

oh my god. my dad used that saying to my grandmother when she said something about my mom spending money..lol...

TackleMeBen
04-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Well, somewhat. But I still get the sense that if he started chewing out guys on his own team, it would be taken as being a diva instead of being a leader. Hopefully he turns that corner someday, but I don't know if it's now.
:sofunny::sofunny: