PDA

View Full Version : Leinart's partying worries Cards

Jeremy
04-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Leinart's partying worries Cards (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/45356)

Leinart's partying worries Cards
Posted: Wednesday April 02, 2008 07:43AM ET
Matt Leinart's off-the-field activities have been a concern for the Cardinals, who selected him with the 10th overall pick in the 2006 draft. Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said Tuesday he was "disappointed" in Leinart after Internet photos surfaced of Leinart partying at his Chandler-area home over the weekend. One of the photos showed Leinart holding a beer bong while a woman drank from the other end. "Matt called me Monday morning and we spoke for a while," Whisenhunt said in a statement from the NFL owners meetings in Florida. "I reiterated to him the type of behavior that we expect at all times from our players. He understands that as well as the level of scrutiny that he's under because of who he is. It's being handled internally. I was disappointed but at the same time have no doubts about his commitment to this football team or his ability to lead it."

It's not like this is the first time he's come under scrutiny for his hard partying ways. It's too bad, because Arizona really needs him to be their franchise QB, otherwise that franchise is basically back to square one.

Stlrs4Life
04-02-2008, 03:58 PM
So what? The guy is partying, he is human, and as long as he's not driving around at the time, who cares?

Counselor
04-02-2008, 04:26 PM
So what? The guy is partying, he is human, and as long as he's not driving around at the time, who cares?

I think there is more to it than what was said here . . . Ben's partying pics have shown up and no one says a word about it.
The fact is, Leinert hasn't really performed that well to date, and he's infamous for hanging with the rich and famous (and diseased . . .ie Paris Hilton:shake02:). He's still living his college USC stardom days and needs to grow-up.

I think the Cardinals have a right to question his comitment based on the totality of the circumstances.

Jeremy
04-02-2008, 04:40 PM

Considering the financial investment that the Cards made in him, they do.

millwalldavey
04-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Considering children look up to these people I concur.

BettisFan
04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
AHHHH!!! OFFSEASON! I dont care these are normal people let them do what they want.

Jeremy
04-02-2008, 05:07 PM
AHHHH!!! OFFSEASON! I dont care these are normal people let them do what they want.

Unless their behavior affects the football team.

The Cards made a huge investment in Leinart and he played very poorly in the limited action he's seen.

The fact is that teams have every right to monitor the actions of their players. These men are the very public face of these franchises and teams like Arizona, which doesn't enjoy a great level of support, need to make sure that these men don't do any significant damage to the team's image.

If the players don't like it, they can walk away like Jake Plummer did.

NJarhead
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Babe Ruth used to party his @$$ off too. I don't care if these guys party. I care if they party with people who kill people or get away with vehicular manslaughter (and DWI), but partying in your own back yard is your own business, not mine.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I'd be more worried that he is starting to look like Danny Weurffel or Rick Mirer than the fact he can party.

At least he's not bringing his son to the party and keeping him away from Paris and Britney like his ex wanted in the custody papers.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20051458,00.html

Wait till the kid learns to hold a funnell :)

BettisFan
04-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Unless their behavior affects the football team.

The Cards made a huge investment in Leinart and he played very poorly in the limited action he's seen.

The fact is that teams have every right to monitor the actions of their players. These men are the very public face of these franchises and teams like Arizona, which doesn't enjoy a great level of support, need to make sure that these men don't do any significant damage to the team's image.

If the players don't like it, they can walk away like Jake Plummer did.

Oh Come on! You arent a pro sports player, you dont know Matt, you cant say anything man. We cant say if it effects him or not, He was injured! Jeez let these people be people! :banging:

Rhee Rhee
04-02-2008, 06:08 PM
let the man have some fun... soon enough he'll grow up and tone down his partying ways..

lilyoder6
04-02-2008, 06:13 PM
ppl party all the time.. as long as he doesn't go driving afterwards and hits something...

i think that matt partying isn't the real issue here... i think the real issue is nick lachey partying with the young co-eds.. and he is like 30ish??? thats who u should wry about

Jeremy
04-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Oh Come on! You arent a pro sports player, you dont know Matt, you cant say anything man. We cant say if it effects him or not, He was injured! Jeez let these people be people! :banging:

Here's a little dose of reality for the live and let live crowd. The vast majority of Fortune 500 Companies in America employ people who's sole job in life in to take the names of applicants and comb the internet to find blogs, MySpace accounts, FaceBook accounts, pictures, etc of those applicants so that companies can see what kind of people they're considering hiring.

That's not some left wing conspiracy nonsense, it's reality. Leinart can party all he wants to, but the Cardinals have an absolute right to know what the man they invested so much money in is doing with his free time.

No respectable company in this country is going to look the other way when one of their prominent employees is all over the internet acting like a jackass. If you don't think the Steelers and Giants took Roethlisberger and Manning aside when their drunken photos showed up on the internet, you're fooling yourselves. The difference between those two and Leinart is that the Cardinals didn't do a good enough job of keeping all of this in house.

NJarhead
04-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Here's a little dose of reality for the live and let live crowd. The vast majority of Fortune 500 Companies in America employ people who's sole job in life in to take the names of applicants and comb the internet to find blogs, MySpace accounts, FaceBook accounts, pictures, etc of those applicants so that companies can see what kind of people they're considering hiring.

That's not some left wing conspiracy nonsense, it's reality. Leinart can party all he wants to, but the Cardinals have an absolute right to know what the man they invested so much money in is doing with his free time.

No respectable company in this country is going to look the other way when one of their prominent employees is all over the internet acting like a jackass. If you don't think the Steelers and Giants took Roethlisberger and Manning aside when their drunken photos showed up on the internet, you're fooling yourselves. The difference between those two and Leinart is that the Cardinals didn't do a good enough job of keeping all of this in house.

What you say is the absolute truth. People will soon learn to either blot out their faces in those photos or delete them entirely. Although this will not solve the problem of a friend posting the pic on his/her site.

The sad part is, it still shouldn't have any bearing on what type of a worker one is. Ben Franklin was a HUGE partier, yet somehow managed to greatly contribute to the forming of a new country. Again, Babe Ruth partied yet is remembered as one of the best baseball players of all time. In fact, wasn't Albert Einstien a bit of a delinquent? There are plenty of these examples. I still don't think it's anyone's business as long as no laws are being broken and no one is being hurt. :cheers:

Jeremy
04-02-2008, 06:56 PM
What you say is the absolute truth. People will soon learn to either blot out their faces in those photos or delete them entirely. Although this will not solve the problem of a friend posting the pic on his/her site.

The sad part is, it still shouldn't have any bearing on what type of a worker one is. Ben Franklin was a HUGE partier, yet somehow managed to greatly contribute to the forming of a new country. Again, Babe Ruth partied yet is remembered as one of the best baseball players of all time. In fact, wasn't Albert Einstien a bit of a delinquent? There are plenty of these examples. I still don't think it's anyone's business as long as no laws are being broken and no one is being hurt. :cheers:

I think the point is being lost here. If a football team or a company has invested millions of dollars in you, then it is their business as to what you're doing in your free time. That's simply the way things are.

As a NCO, I spend part of my day fighting the notion that professionalism starts at the front door in the morning and ends at the front door in the evening. Being a professional at what you do is something you carry with you 24/7/365. If you want to get ahead in life, you need to learn when you can let go and what you can do to let go. I've seen good Airmen get shown the door because they didn't carry their professionalism with them at all time.

But all of this could have been avoided in Matt had used his head and asked that no cameras or cell phones be brought in to his home. These young men need to learn situational awareness and understand that as public figures they're under much greater scrutiny than the average person.

NJarhead
04-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I think the point is being lost here. If a football team or a company has invested millions of dollars in you, then it is their business as to what you're doing in your free time. That's simply the way things are.

As a NCO, I spend part of my day fighting the notion that professionalism starts at the front door in the morning and ends at the front door in the evening. Being a professional at what you do is something you carry with you 24/7/365. If you want to get ahead in life, you need to learn when you can let go and what you can do to let go. I've seen good Airmen get shown the door because they didn't carry their professionalism with them at all time.

But all of this could have been avoided in Matt had used his head and asked that no cameras or cell phones be brought in to his home. These young men need to learn situational awareness and understand that as public figures they're under much greater scrutiny than the average person.

I was an NCO too. The military is a little different. They are ambassadors of our military when out in town and to our country when outside the U.S.
Hence: "We're here to defend democracy. Not practice it."

While in the barracks, they used to party like crazy (all the same as the college kids. sometimes more). The consequnce was that they HAD BETTER be able to perform if/when it became necessary. Again, no laws are being broken.

These guys have no life for about 6 months (give or take). They are young millionaires. These owners can't have their cake and eat it too. No one is shooting heroin here. No drinking and driving. So there's a beer bong in the back yard? So what? It wasn't even Leinart who was drinking from it.

Again, what you say about these owners/companies is true, but I think it's a bunch of crap. People haven't changed all that much over the years, just the technology has. Big brother watching all the $%^&* time. I don't agree with it, and I never will.

BettisFan
04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Ok well you can live your life with no partying but its not something i or people i know are going to do, you have to live life, atleast they arent beating women or killing.

TackleMeBen
04-02-2008, 08:25 PM
i think one of the issues that he is under attack for is that according to some no of the women seen in the photos are of legal drinking age. which is breaking the law last time i checked.

NJarhead
04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
i think one of the issues that he is under attack for is that according to some no of the women seen in the photos are of legal drinking age. which is breaking the law last time i checked.

As I said, as long as no laws are being broken and no one is being hurt, it's no ones business. I have not heard a thing about anyone being under age. Do you have a link?

fansince'76
04-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I've thought Leinart was a punk for some time now. He hasn't done anything to prove me wrong either.

TackleMeBen
04-02-2008, 08:39 PM
As I said, as long as no laws are being broken and no one is being hurt, it's no ones business. I have not heard a thing about anyone being under age. Do you have a link?

i read it on a jets message board that the girls were under age.. as for it actually being reported by a newspaper i am not certain.

"Courtney Elizabeth Halki (age 20 beer bong myspace profile below, this idiot made a picture from this night as her profile pic- same dress and beer pong set up) is a student at ASU. Liv Fierro (age 19 her bebo profile below was a blonde, but now short brown hair in blue big top), Chelsea Antoniono, and Karley Davis (in spa left of Matt zebra top- sophomore from Downers Grove, IL her myspace says in a relationship and ASU nursing major) were three of the other girls in the pictures. ."

NJarhead
04-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I've thought Leinart was a punk for some time now. He hasn't done anything to prove me wrong either.

I couldn't care less about the kid one way or another either.

But there's nothing illegal about beer bongs in the back yard, nor should there be. I'm sure they'd frown upon him wanting to sky dive too (or ride a motorcycle helmetless for that matter), but THAT is at least understandable for pro atheletes....The types of things that bring about life insurance policies.
But for goodness sakes, can't we stay out of their back yards?

TackleMeBen
04-02-2008, 08:52 PM

But there's nothing illegal about beer bongs in the back yard, nor should there be. I'm sure they'd frown upon him wanting to sky dive too (or ride a motorcycle helmetless for that matter), but THAT is at least understandable for pro atheletes....The types of things that bring about life insurance policies.
But for goodness sakes, can't we stay out of their back yards?

you mean like this..lol
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/ben20roethlisberger20on20motorcycle.jpg

BettisFan
04-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Yea come on Ben is a badass himself

Godfather
04-02-2008, 09:47 PM
This controversy is mostly overblown. It would be a problem if he were doing this during the regular season, or even during spring practice, but those pictures were taken during free time. I do understand some of the questions about his maturity. He's a little old for beer bongs.

The Eli drunk pictures were taken when he was at Ole Miss. The one where he was holding his hands like a bunny and had something spilled on his shirt was secretly snapped by an LSU fan with a cell phone.

My biggest problem with Leinart is that he cares more about partying with Nick Lachey than he does about being a father.

Galax Steeler
04-03-2008, 04:07 AM
I say as long as it don't affect his playing on the field let the man party.

Counselor
04-03-2008, 09:16 AM
I say as long as it don't affect his playing on the field let the man party.

Yeah, but he's not that good! I really don't think we can compare (as someone did earlier) Leinert to Ben Franklin, Babe Ruth, or even Big Ben. Arizona wants to see some work ethic (and common sense---don't let pics like that out!) before hey get any leeway.

I have an impression that Leinert was this USC star and he can't get past that. Its like the guy who was the HS jock/hunk who keeps coming back to HS at 25, because those were his "glory days".

And he's taking others down with him! -----I read that he introduced Reggie Bush to Kim Kardashian (think poor man's Paris Hilton, but even worse)----they are dating now.

Leinert needs to focus on football, not the next Hollywood star, or college girl.

lilyoder6
04-03-2008, 09:24 AM
kind of hard to play a season when u brake ur collar bone and are put on the ir..
who cares if he parties.. ppl party all the time..

and how would ppl on the jets board know if they were underaged??? where they at the party??

fansince'76
04-03-2008, 09:32 AM

Oh yeah, I completely agree - I couldn't care less about Leinart.

rbryan
04-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Bottom line as usual are the results on the field.

Lienhart is over rated and will never live up to the $ they've already paid him. Thats what they're really worried about. This is just an excuse to press him harder.

tony hipchest
04-03-2008, 10:15 AM
And he's taking others down with him! -----I read that he introduced Reggie Bush to Kim Kardashian (think poor man's Paris Hilton, but even worse)----they are dating now.

.now that is one nasty little siut, i'd love to get with. :lust:

leinart should be commended for his "tap it, then pass it" generosity. :moon:

after all, "it aint no fun if the homies dont get none". :bump:

(more mid 90's hip hop cliches to follow...)

rbryan
04-03-2008, 10:22 AM
With friends like that who needs enemies?

That is one nasty little trick. Once again proving you don't need any talent to be on TV.

As long as you're willing to degrade youself moreso than the last person to "make it big" theres a place for anyone in showbiz.

Edman
04-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Babe Ruth used to party his @$$ off too. I don't care if these guys party. I care if they party with people who kill people or get away with vehicular manslaughter (and DWI), but partying in your own back yard is your own business, not mine.

Babe Ruth is a consumate hall of famer at his profession, Baseball. Leinart is an unproven strugging second string project.

Do not compare them.

TackleMeBen
04-03-2008, 04:19 PM
kind of hard to play a season when u brake ur collar bone and are put on the ir..
who cares if he parties.. ppl party all the time..

and how would ppl on the jets board know if they were underaged??? where they at the party??

one poster researched it as they put it. i am just quoting what i read on another board. if they were under age then i do have a problem with leinart partying. if they are not. then i dont care... under age drinking is a problem and is illegal whether you do it in the privacy of your own backyard or not. and i am sure those 'chicks' had to drive back home. so that would be considered drinking while impaired, which is illegal also.

NJarhead
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, but he's not that good! I really don't think we can compare (as someone did earlier) Leinert to Ben Franklin, Babe Ruth, or even Big Ben. Arizona wants to see some work ethic (and common sense---don't let pics like that out!) before hey get any leeway.

I have an impression that Leinert was this USC star and he can't get past that. Its like the guy who was the HS jock/hunk who keeps coming back to HS at 25, because those were his "glory days".

Leinert needs to focus on football, not the next Hollywood star, or college girl.

Just to clear it up, I'm not comparing these men. However, I am making the point that just because a guy parties and has a good time (EVEN if he's a little extreme, although not necessarily the case here) he can still be accomplished. Again, I don't care about Matt Leinart, but I'm tired of the "National Enquirer" approach that the sports media is beginning to take.

NJarhead
04-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Babe Ruth is a consumate hall of famer at his profession, Baseball. Leinart is an unproven strugging second string project.

Do not compare them.

I'm not.

Elvis
04-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I think there is more to it than what was said here . . . Ben's partying pics have shown up and no one says a word about it.
The fact is, Leinert hasn't really performed that well to date, and he's infamous for hanging with the rich and famous (and diseased . . .ie Paris Hilton:shake02:). He's still living his college USC stardom days and needs to grow-up.

I think the Cardinals have a right to question his comitment based on the totality of the circumstances.
I must agree 100% in that the Cards have the right to quesiton his comitment to their org. They are paying him bigtime money to play ball for them and they should have some say so about things that they do in their private times. I think that Leinart should have gotten his partying days over when he turned pro. Its time that these pro atheletes get the idea that they are pretty much owned by their teams respectively.

SteelersJW
04-03-2008, 07:49 PM
If it's during the season it's one thing. If it's during the offseason I think they can be a bit more flexible. Its better than being charged with aggrevated assault....right?

Atlanta Dan
04-03-2008, 08:05 PM
At least it's not dogfighting:smile:

tony hipchest
04-03-2008, 08:16 PM
At least it's not dogfighting:smile::sofunny:

i was gonna say atleast hes not at the playboy mansion hittin on one of hefs girls.

hell, by the time hes through, he may pass some of cade mcnowns nfl stats.

HometownGal
04-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Geez - it's not like he's out dealing drugs, getting nailed for drunk driving or slappin' women around. Imho, as long as he puts the partying on hold before camp and until after the season ends and is in shape and works hard in TC, what's the problem? He's a 24 year old single young man not a robot.

TackleMeBen
04-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Geez - it's not like he's out dealing drugs, getting nailed for drunk driving or slappin' women around. Imho, as long as he puts the partying on hold before camp and until after the season ends and is in shape and works hard in TC, what's the problem? He's a 24 year old single young man not a robot.

i dont think the issue is that he was party but the age of the women he was party with, rumor has it that they are underage. and that is ILLEGAL

Jeremy
04-04-2008, 08:39 AM
it's not like the man was smoking a crack pipe, drinking with underage girls, or doing a keg stand before the game.. let the man be.

They were underage. It's been widely reported by the media here in Arizona that a number of these girls were under 21 and there are some rumblings that there were under 18 year olds in the house as well.

Laws were being broken folks. That's just the way it is.

lilyoder6
04-04-2008, 09:51 AM
how do these ppl know if they were under-aged?? i doubt that they were at the party.. it'd specualtion.. But if it is true that these women were under-aged it's ok b/c he's a man and not a robot but james is a mad-man

Jeremy
04-04-2008, 10:07 AM
how do these ppl know if they were under-aged?? i doubt that they were at the party.. it'd specualtion.. But if it is true that these women were under-aged it's ok b/c he's a man and not a robot but james is a mad-man

No, it's not OK.

IT'S ILLEGAL

fansince'76
04-04-2008, 10:12 AM
But if it is true that these women were under-aged it's ok b/c he's a man and not a robot but james is a mad-man

James Harrison was arrested and charged, and up to now, reports of underage drinking at Leinart's party has been nothing more than the subject of media conjecture. HUGE difference. Besides, that isn't what HTG said, but if putting words in her mouth makes you feel better or makes you think it strengthens the point of your earlier argument with her about Harrison, whatever.

Dino 6 Rings
04-04-2008, 11:07 AM
If I was supposed to be the savior of an NFL team only to find myself riding the pine behind an old man who's time has passed I'd be getting drunk too.

Just another over rated, over hyped USC QB, that won't do crap in the league because of his entitled attitude and above the law self importance.

He'll look great in a Texans uniform backing up their young gun in the 2010 season.

lilyoder6
04-04-2008, 11:37 AM
"He's a 24 year old single young man not a robot." she said that and i didn't put words into her mouth.. :) and jeremy u are blind.. it's called sarcasim.. and 76 i don't need to say shit to bolster my arguement u need to have a coke and a smile and go watch tv.

steelersfanman92
04-04-2008, 11:50 AM
this was blown way out of proportion, he is young let him go live his life as long as he doesnt go and do something stupid who cares if he goes to a party?

Jeremy
04-04-2008, 11:55 AM
this was blown way out of proportion, he is young let him go live his life as long as he doesnt go and do something stupid who cares if he goes to a party?

Wow....just wow.

He supplied alcohol to minors. It's hard for me to imagine that any man who has a daughter is OK with that kind of behavior.

fansince'76
04-04-2008, 11:57 AM
"He's a 24 year old single young man not a robot." she said that and i didn't put words into her mouth.. :) and jeremy u are blind.. it's called sarcasim.. and 76 i don't need to say shit to bolster my arguement u need to have a coke and a smile and go watch tv.

But if it is true that these women were under-aged it's ok b/c he's a man and not a robot but james is a mad-man

Yes, you did put words in her mouth - she never said it was "OK if those women are underaged because he's a man and not a robot." You took what HTG said completely out of context and twisted it to try and make her look like a hypocrite in light of her (justified) criticism of Harrison's behavior.

Dino 6 Rings
04-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I'll wait until facts of underage drinking actually come out. From what I've read, it was a party with some friends, photos were took and that was it.

As for being a Pro QB in the NFL and having a good time, I'm fine with it, it isn't like he's going to be a Playoff QB anytime soon, might as well have his fun while he still has a paycheck coming. Up next, selling used cars in Phoenix. Enjoy it Matt.

MasterOfPuppets
04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
this was blown way out of proportion, he is young let him go live his life as long as he doesnt go and do something stupid who cares if he goes to a party?he didn't " go " to a party......he hosted the party,
photos surfaced of Leinart partying at his Chandler-area home over the weekend.
and if there was underage drinking, thats called contributing to the delinquency of MINORS !!!..... which just so happens to be against the law. just ask chris henry..:toofunny:

lilyoder6
04-04-2008, 01:49 PM
jeremy.. there are so many minors who drink 2day and u are not going to be able to stop them all..

i said that staement using something from another post.. i never said that htg said that.. i was saying that it would be ok b/c he was a man not a robot..

Jeremy
04-04-2008, 02:52 PM
jeremy.. there are so many minors who drink 2day and u are not going to be able to stop them all..
i said that staement using something from another post.. i never said that htg said that.. i was saying that it would be ok b/c he was a man not a robot..

I understand that. But not all of them are being supplied alcohol by a high profile pro quarterback while wearing next to nothing.

lilyoder6
04-04-2008, 02:55 PM
that is true..... but u would think that matt and lachey were smarter than that to not have minors at the party....

HometownGal
04-04-2008, 03:08 PM
i dont think the issue is that he was party but the age of the women he was party with, rumor has it that they are underage. and that is ILLEGAL

Until I see a link from a credible source that the women Leinart was partying with were underage, I stand behind my opinion that the guy did nothing wrong. A rumor coming from a Jets BB just doesn't cut it - sorry. If this rumor turns out to be false, I hope Leinart tracks down the schmucks who started it and sues them for slander.

What someone does in the privacy of their home on their free time, as long as it falls within legal boundaries, is really no one's business.

lilyoder - please stop putting words in my mouth. I'd really appreciate it- thanks.

TackleMeBen
04-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Until I see a link from a credible source that the women Leinart was partying with were underage, I stand behind my opinion that the guy did nothing wrong. A rumor coming from a Jets BB just doesn't cut it - sorry. If this rumor turns out to be false, I hope Leinart tracks down the schmucks who started it and sues them for slander

i understand that. and like i said i personally havent heard they were underage. if they were not then that is fine.. and why the hell wasnt i invited..lol.. (j/k). i am like you htg i am still waiting for it to show up on espn or foxsports.

Jeremy
04-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Doesn't matter anyhow. Maricopa County Sheriff Joseph M. Arpaio won't investigate Leinart.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/03/leinart-wont-be-investigated/

Not a huge surprise here. Arpaio is a huge joke inside the state. This is just another example of him giving breaks to prominent people.

Jeremy
04-04-2008, 04:15 PM
i understand that. and like i said i personally havent heard they were underage. if they were not then that is fine.. and why the hell wasnt i invited..lol.. (j/k). i am like you htg i am still waiting for it to show up on espn or foxsports.

It was on ESPN.....but nevermind. Some people think anything is OK as long as the guy is hot.

TackleMeBen
04-04-2008, 06:33 PM
It was on ESPN.....but nevermind. Some people think anything is OK as long as the guy is hot.
not everyone. i still would think its wrong even if this were ben

TackleMeBen
04-04-2008, 06:46 PM
http://deadspin.com/376333/matt-leinart-is-just-asking-for-it-now

NJarhead
04-04-2008, 06:49 PM

Wow. He and the Cardinals center are going to be the butt of all the jokes next season. eff 'em.

TackleMeBen
04-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow. He and the Cardinals center are going to be the butt of all the jokes next season. eff 'em.

i dont know if i would use that word..lol :sofunny: but yeah there will be lots of jokes about good ol' matty boy

Godfather
04-04-2008, 10:22 PM
YIKES!! Is that a photoshop/parody??

If not, it'll take all the heat off Cartoon for the Cornhole Classic and hot dog ad.

BettisFan
04-05-2008, 12:17 AM

Is that a joke??? lol what ever anyway he is a young guy living life! Hes doing nothing to break the law so who cares.

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 07:07 AM
I'm just glad it's not Ben!

Galax Steeler
04-05-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm just glad it's not Ben!

:cheers:

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Is that a joke??? lol what ever anyway he is a young guy living life! Hes doing nothing to break the law so who cares.
yes he is a young guy living life and possible giving beer to minors..WHICH IS ILLEGAL IN THE USA!! which means he is breaking the law, something that a few of you dont seem to understand. as i said before if they are over 21, then all i have to say to matt, is dude you could get hotter chicks than that...lol..

and you all know if this was our star qb doing something like this you all would probably wanted him hanged in the middle of the field. (sacrasim here)

lilyoder6
04-05-2008, 10:29 AM
i bet matt was thinking he rly didnt need to try w these women

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 10:32 AM
i bet matt was thinking he rly didnt need to try w these women

Especially with a few more drinks in them. :coffee:

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 10:42 AM
And I can understand why Whiz is less than pleased..........he comes from Steelers standards. And, yes, we still have them.

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 11:01 AM

Since when is giving alcohol to minors NOT breaking the law?????? :dang:

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 11:06 AM
and you all know if this was our star qb doing something like this you all would probably wanted him hanged in the middle of the field. (sacrasim here)

Are you kidding? Have you not read any of the Harrison threads recently? If anything, if it were Ben, one excuse after another would be made for the behavior.

I just find it kind of amusing that folks give Harrison a pass for assault, yet act like Leinart committed a cardinal sin. :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
04-05-2008, 11:10 AM
here's the pics......i'd have gave em whatever they wanted......:lust:....:banana:
http://www.thedirty.com/?p=19356

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I normally agree with you, fansince76, but I don't recall the majority of people giving Harrison a pass.

Some just didn't think he should be cut over his first incident. ( a felony charge is a different ball game........Chris Henry waving a gun around some police officers would have got him cut from Pittsburgh before the charges hit the headlines).

Trust the Rooney's to know the true character of their employees.

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 11:22 AM
here's the pics......i'd have gave em whatever they wanted......:lust:....:banana:
http://www.thedirty.com/?p=19356

They're hot young ladies........agreed.

They're still underage and I bet their daddies would like to get their hands on Matt Leinart.......and are wondering why there are no charges being brought against him.

It also makes him look extremely immature. He should be wining and dining beautiful young ladies his own age in fancy, expensive restaurants.......and acting his age.

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I normally agree with you, fansince76, but I don't recall the majority of people giving Harrison a pass.

Some just didn't think he should be cut over his first incident. ( a felony charge is a different ball game........Chris Henry waving a gun around some police officers would have got him cut from Pittsburgh before the charges hit the headlines).

Trust the Rooney's to know the true character of their employees.

My point had nothing to do with the Rooneys knowing the character of their employees. My point had everything to do with folks here and the extent of some of their rationalization of what Harrison did, apparently to make it seem "OK" in their minds, and are now crucifying Leinart for a non-violent offense. If I see one more post that insinuates it was all Harrison's girlfriend's fault for what happened, I may scream.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Screenshot-5.jpg

Funny, I never realized 1 out of 4 was a statistically insignificant number. People not giving Harrison a pass? Whatever.

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Are you kidding? Have you not read any of the Harrison threads recently? If anything, if it were Ben, one excuse after another would be made for the behavior.

I just find it kind of amusing that folks give Harrison a pass for assault, yet act like Leinart committed a cardinal sin. :coffee:
yes i have read those threads. and yes i agreed that what he did was wrong, but i also said that the gf could have pushed him to do that also and you know when you are angry you do things that you normally wouldnt do or say. not saying it was her fault. i blame them both. and maybe they both need anger mgmt classes.

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 12:00 PM
yeah.....whatever.

Hitting a woman is not OK. But the Rooney's know the details of each case and chose to give Harrison a second chance. Just like they did to Ced when he got a restraining order against the woman and that he was obviously cutting ties with her. Then he proceeded to follow her into a restaurant and punch her in front of witnesses. That is quite different than what happened with Harrison. Ced was cut...........as will James Harrison be if he lets something happen again. Not a real hard concept to grasp. It's over. Moving' on

And Leinart's "non violent" behavior is no less illegal that a violent one. If that was your 20 year old daughter he was pouring alcohol in..........you might be contemplating some "violent" behavior yourself.

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 12:12 PM
yeah.....whatever.

Hitting a woman is not OK. But the Rooney's know the details of each case and chose to give Harrison a second chance. Just like they did to Ced when he got a restraining order against the woman and that he was obviously cutting ties with her. Then he proceeded to follow her into a restaurant and punch her in front of witnesses. That is quite different than what happened with Harrison. Ced was cut...........as will James Harrison be if he lets something happen again. Not a real hard concept to grasp. It's over. Moving' on

And Leinart's "non violent" behavior is no less legal that a violent one. If that was your 20 year old daughter he was pouring alcohol in..........you might be contemplating some "violent" behavior yourself.

Once again, my point was NOT about the Rooneys or their decision to give Harrison another chance. Apparently my point was a bit difficult to grasp. Moving along.

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 12:17 PM
MY point is that some people GET why he wasn't cut and others don't. And some of us are tired of being villianized over the fact that we GET IT. I won't complain if Harrison has another incident and is cut.

Harrison's case went through the legal process is resolved.

Matt Leinart is the one who is being given a pass.

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Matt Leinart is the one who is being given a pass.

Not HERE he isn't. Which again alludes to the point I was trying (and apparently failed) to make. Once again, moving along.

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 12:24 PM
You are the one who made the comparison to how Steelers fans reacted to Harrison and Leinart. Harrison's case involved 2 legal adults. I only see one legal adult in those pictures.

When you accuse people of hypocracy, you can expect a reaction. And people will get pretty tired of being accused of hypocracy everytime a discussion is being made about a player from another team getting into trouble. We will just have to agree to disagree.

MasterOfPuppets
04-05-2008, 12:25 PM
They're hot young ladies........agreed.

They're still underage and I bet their daddies would like to get their hands on Matt Leinart.......and are wondering why there are no charges being brought against him.

It also makes him look extremely immature. He should be wining and dining beautiful young ladies his own age in fancy, expensive restaurants.......and acting his age. allow me to throw a hypothetical question at you......
1 would you rather your 19 or 20 yr old daughter was partying with a celeberty
or
2 your 19 or 20 year old daughter was a porn star.

i'm thinking most daddies would much prefer scenerio # 1
but yet when it comes to # 2 it's perfectly legal, because those 19 or 20 yr olds are considerd ADULTS who are allowed to make thier own decisions !!!
strange isn't it ???

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 12:30 PM
allow me to throw a hypothetical question at you......
or

but yet when it comes to # 2 it's perfectly legal, because those 19 or 20 yr olds are considerd ADULTS who are allowed to make thier own decisions !!!
strange isn't it ???

Now you're really stretching to justify your views. I really doubt their parents would appreciate it.

The fact remains that it's illegal to give alcohol to 20 year olds in most if not all of this country. Or I guess that's only if you're Chris Henry.

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 12:32 PM
.... i also said that the gf could have pushed him to do that also and you know when you are angry you do things that you normally wouldnt do or say. not saying it was her fault. i blame them both. and maybe they both need anger mgmt classes.

Well, by that rationale, I guess those underage girls need to start going to AA meetings, along with Leinart being charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Or were they forced to partake of the beer bong at gunpoint?

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 12:33 PM
allow me to throw a hypothetical question at you......
or

strange isn't it ???

that is true. which raises the question.. if you are an adult at 18 then why cant you drink? i dont make the laws, just try and obey them :wink02:

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, by that rationale, then I guess those underage girls need to start going to AA meetings. Or were they forced to partake of the beer bong at gunpoint?

I really doubt any of the guys would be justifing any of this if the young ladies in question were bow-wows. :sofunny:

And yes....maybe some of them DO need AA meetings. That's the sad part.

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, by that rationale, then I guess those underage girls need to start going to AA meetings. Or were they forced to partake of the beer bong at gunpoint?
well if they have a problem drinking then yes maybe they should attend AA meetings. i dont know why you are being so hateful about this?

MasterOfPuppets
04-05-2008, 12:43 PM
that is true. which raises the question.. if you are an adult at 18 then why cant you drink? i dont make the laws, just try and obey them :wink02:actually i think it was around 1980 - 81, they changed it from 18 to 21. my oldest brother just made it at 18, and was able to drink at 18 because of the grandfather clause.

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 12:48 PM
actually i think it was around 1980 - 81, they changed it from 18 to 21. my oldest brother just made it at 18, and was able to drink at 18 because of the grandfather clause.
well in 1980 i wasnt old enough to worry about it.. i was in kindergarten then..lol.. but i do know that they come down hard on people that do get caught giving drinks to underage people. i have had a few friends get in trouble for it and the stuff wasnt even opened. they were just holding it for the person that was old enough to drink.

MasterOfPuppets
04-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Now you're really stretching to justify your views. I really doubt their parents would appreciate it.

The fact remains that it's illegal to give alcohol to 20 year olds in most if not all of this country. Or I guess that's only if you're Chris Henry.
lol.....and your trying to make it a moral issue by bring daddies into it, and citing the age difference between leinert and the girls.....i think those daddies would be far more disappointed if those pictures were of lienert engaged in an orgy with thier little angels which would be perfectly legal ,than thier daughters doing beer bongs with him.....is it illegal ? yes......does it stop minors from drinking? no.......my high school graduation party was held at a CITY POLICE OFFICERS house. he new there was going to be a party, so the options were to let his son and about a hundred more of us have it else where, or have it at his house where it could be supervised, and make sure nobody was driving. even my own anti - alchohal parents appreciated his gesture.

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 01:11 PM
well if they have a problem drinking then yes maybe they should attend AA meetings. i dont know why you are being so hateful about this?

I'm not being "hateful," but I do get annoyed at the notion that the victim of a crime, and in Harrsion's case, a violent crime, is the one who gets blamed for the crime. Sorry, it's the perp's fault. I also get annoyed at obvious double standards that are displayed towards Steelers players and the players from other teams. Sorry, I can't help that. After all, shouldn't Leinart get a second chance too? Some folks here sound like they'd like to see him tarred and feathered for what he did, but in the case of a Steelers player, there is always that "BUT" - "What Harrison did was wrong, BUT...."

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 01:12 PM
we had a parent do that. had our graduation party at their house and made sure that everyone that was drinking had a ride home and wasnt driving. in fact alot of us just spent the night at their house.

and people cant compare sex at 18 with drinking at 18.(sorry MOP:wink02:)

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 01:15 PM

It's also illegal to slap others around, whether they're legal adults or not.

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm not being "hateful," but I do get annoyed at the notion that the victim of a crime, and in Harrsion's case, a violent crime, is the one who gets blamed for the crime. Sorry, it's the perp's fault. I also get annoyed at obvious double standards that are displayed towards Steelers players and the players from other teams. Sorry, I can't help that.

so you mean to tell me that its all harrison's fault? that he just snapped and went after her?? come on you know that she had to do something to make him get that angry. and i am not saying that she wasnt the victim. but you cant compare the two as equal.

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 01:20 PM
so you mean to tell me that its all harrison's fault? that he just snapped and went after her?? come on you know that she had to do something to make him get that angry. and i am not saying that she wasnt the victim. but you cant compare the two as equal.

YES! Now you're getting it! It was all his fault. I've had PLENTY of ex-girlfriends piss me off to the point where I could hardly see straight, but I NEVER raised a hand in anger towards them. What Harrison did is not justifiable. At all.

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 01:26 PM
YES! Now you're getting it! It was all his fault. I've had PLENTY of ex-girlfriends piss me off to the point where I could hardly see straight, but I NEVER raised a hand in anger towards them. What Harrison did is not justifiable. At all.
i agree he shouldnt have hit her. yes it is wrong(i have been there). but there is always a cause and effect on why we do what we do.

you my friend my have more self-control than others,which is a very good trait to have.

however, i still cant justify saying it was all his fault. so with that being said we will have to agree to disagree b/c i dont want lose an online friendship over this :hug:

MasterOfPuppets
04-05-2008, 01:31 PM
we had a parent do that. had our graduation party at their house and made sure that everyone that was drinking had a ride home and wasnt driving. in fact alot of us just spent the night at their house.

and you cant compare sex at 18 with drinking at 18.and did every daddy march upon thier house the next day with a noose to hang the offending parents for corrupting thier children ??? lol.......i wasn't comparing sex and drinking, i was pointing out how the government labels you as a legal consenting adult, who can make thier own choices, with the exception being alchohol.

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
and did every daddy march upon thier house the next day with a noose to hang the offending parents for corrupting thier children ??? lol.......i wasn't comparing sex and drinking, i was pointing out how the government labels you as a legal consenting adult, who can make thier own choices, with the exception being alchohol.

MOP, i wasnt saying you were comparing the two dear. sorry if you misunderstood that. :smile:

lilyoder6
04-05-2008, 01:41 PM
this can go both ways but if the police came the adults would be in most trouble

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 01:43 PM
i agree he shouldnt have hit her. yes it is wrong(i have been there). but there is always a cause and effect on why we do what we do.

you my friend my have more self-control than others,which is a very good trait to have.

however, i still cant justify saying it was all his fault. so with that being said we will have to agree to disagree b/c i dont want lose an online friendship over this :hug:

Fair enough. :cheers: I'm not condoning what Leinart did, either - as I said earlier in this thread, I've considered him to be a punk for some time now, and this incident only justified my opinion of him in my mind. It just bothers me when others (at least IMO) seem to hold players from other teams to a higher standard than our own players, when I feel it should be the exact opposite - we should hold our own to the higher standard. I guess I should probably just take a :chillpill pill and relax already. :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Fair enough. :cheers: I'm not condoning what Leinart did, either - as I said, I've considered him to be a punk for some time now, and this incident only justified my opinion of him in my mind. It just bothers me when others (at least IMO) seem to hold players from other teams to a higher standard than our own players, when I feel it should be the exact opposite - we should hold our own to the higher standard. I guess I should probably just take a :chillpill pill and relax already. :chuckle:

that i would agree with.well i have always thought matty boy was a punk. i am sure coach wiz is not liking this at all:smile:

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 01:46 PM
this can go both ways but if the police came the adults would be in most trouble
unless the adults knew the cops or chief of police and paid them off:wink02:

fansince'76
04-05-2008, 01:47 PM
my high school graduation party was held at a CITY POLICE OFFICERS house. he new there was going to be a party, so the options were to let his son and about a hundred more of us have it else where, or have it at his house where it could be supervised, and make sure nobody was driving. even my own anti - alchohal parents appreciated his gesture.

http://www.godspeed.dk/officerBarbrady.gif

:chuckle:

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 01:48 PM
not the south park cop.... where is cartman ... you will respect my authority..lol

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/hotrod1979/cartman.gif

MasterOfPuppets
04-05-2008, 01:54 PM
MOP, i wasnt saying you were comparing the two dear. sorry if you misunderstood that. :smile:

lol.......but thats exactly what you said.......
and you cant compare sex at 18 with drinking at 18.
anywho......i think you can see my point........if your going to call someone an adult, and say its ok for them to make major life changing decisions on thier own, such as marriage, joining the military, etc then there shouldn't be a difference in any laws for 18 & 21 yr olds..........

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 01:59 PM
lol.......but thats exactly what you said.......

anywho......i think you can see my point........if your going to call someone an adult, and say its ok for them to make major life changing decisions on thier own, such as marriage, joining the military, etc then there shouldn't be a difference in any laws for 18 & 21 yr olds..........

sorry about my reply. i didnt phrase it correctly. :smile:

yes i do see your point. and i agree that there shouldnt be a difference.

lilyoder6
04-05-2008, 04:47 PM
or can be the cops from superbad "oh shit its the cops, get out of the way"

SteelCityMan786
04-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah well, name one person who doesn't want to party every once in awhile. It's human nature darn it.

BettisFan
04-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah well, name one person who doesn't want to party every once in awhile. It's human nature darn it.

True that, leave Matt alone :dang:

TackleMeBen
04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
that is true. but i think the whole issue is that he isnt partying,but the age of the chicks that are there. if they are underage and drinking well by law that is illegal in this country. if they are not underage,well matt, have fun and be merry and make sure you wrap it..lol.. :flap:

and this isnt a bash leinart post.

tony hipchest
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
i cant bash leinart too much, even though it seems he already thinks he "made it".

but if i got charged for every time i bought girls in my dorm alcohol with my fake ID, id probably be sipping on some potato/raisin mash right now, made by my girlfriend bruce.

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2008, 12:08 PM
i cant bash leinart too much, even though it seems he already thinks he "made it".

but if i got charged for every time i bought girls in my dorm alcohol with my fake ID, id probably be sipping on some potato/raisin mash right now, made by my girlfriend bruce.were you the original ron mexico......:huh:

BettisFan
04-06-2008, 12:43 PM

but if i got charged for every time i bought girls in my dorm alcohol with my fake ID, id probably be sipping on some potato/raisin mash right now, made by my girlfriend bruce.

hahahahhahhahahhaaa, nice :cheers:

I cant wait for College lol :jammin:

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2008, 12:50 PM

I cant wait for College lol :jammin: forget it kid....i don't think lienert swings that way ...........:toofunny:

TackleMeBen
04-06-2008, 12:51 PM

I cant wait for College lol :jammin:
college is great. i went to college in atlanta:wink02:

Big7BenHOF
04-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Who cares. You only live once.

HometownGal
04-06-2008, 05:39 PM

WOW. Just WOW. :dang::dang::shake02:

How about him using the shoe leather express and simply walking away? :dang::banging:

Sorry - I've been done with this topic, but I can't believe you actually posted that. :jawdrop:

Hey - has anyone found a credible link that verifies that these women were indeed underage?

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
If they didnt tell him they were underage... how is he to know? Not making an excuse for him, but seriously... what can he do? That does happen you know...

TackleMeBen
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
WOW. Just WOW. :dang::dang::shake02:

How about him using the shoe leather express and simply walking away? :dang::banging:
yes he probably should have walked away. but you know when you are mad you dont want to walk away.
Sorry - I've been done with this topic, but I can't believe you actually posted that. :jawdrop:
i am just saying that we dont know what caused him to go nuts. and i am sure he wouldnt have just snapped without being provoked. i am trying to look at all angles of the situtation.
Hey - has anyone found a credible link that verifies that these women were indeed underage?
no i personally havent seen a credible link. i know espn said there was speculation that they were underage.

and as to the other poster. no you dont know if they are underage or not, but if you think they are.. you shouldnt mess with them. :wink02:

tony hipchest
04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
and as to the other poster. no you dont know if they are underage or not, but if you think they are.. you shouldnt mess with them. :wink02::jawdrop: just cause you cant feed em alcohol doesnt mean you cant scrogg them. :banana: oops. did i just say that? :dang:

(atleast im sure thats what leinart was thinking, anyways...:wink02: )

BettisFan
04-06-2008, 08:29 PM
If they didnt tell him they were underage... how is he to know? Not making an excuse for him, but seriously... what can he do? That does happen you know...

Yea but you still should be able to tell (if u want really want to know you can) In the eyes of the law its still the guys fault if they are underage.

TackleMeBen
04-07-2008, 06:43 AM
:jawdrop: just cause you cant feed em alcohol doesnt mean you cant scrogg them. :banana: oops. did i just say that? :dang:

(atleast im sure thats what leinart was thinking, anyways...:wink02: )
yes tony you really did say that:wink02:. you are so bad:flap:.

Yea but you still should be able to tell (if u want really want to know you can) In the eyes of the law its still the guys fault if they are underage

exactly. so in this case if they were underage then it will fall solely on leinart.

HometownGal
04-07-2008, 07:17 AM
exactly. so in this case if they were underage then it will fall solely on leinart.

Until it is proven that these girls were underage, this entire story is moot. I would think that the 5-0 would have gotten involved at this point if there was any credibility to these allegations. As I said in another post, if there is no truth to this hoopla, I hope Leinart tracks down the person(s) who started this rumor and sues 'em for slander.

TackleMeBen
04-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Until it is proven that these girls were underage, this entire story is moot. I would think that the 5-0 would have gotten involved at this point if there was any credibility to these allegations. As I said in another post, if there is no truth to this hoopla, I hope Leinart tracks down the person(s) who started this rumor and sues 'em for slander.
you would think so, but who knows. and if its not true then leinart should sue for slander.