PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else excited?

Elvis
04-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I was sitting here tonight finally getting to watch the rerun of the Arizona-Steelers game on ESPN Network. I was just watching the way Davenort slowly ran some draws on 3rd downs... Man I dont know about anyone else, But I look Forward to Seeing Mewelde Moore in the backfield on 3rd downs this upcoming season, and catching some screen passes out the shotgun. This guy picks up the blitz pretty darn well and is very quick to hit the hole and can catch the ball.
I for one am glad to see this signing to give us a legit 3rd down threat since we havent got a healthy Verron Haynes anymore.
:tt02:

BettisFan
04-02-2008, 08:34 PM
He is the youngest of our backs and has the biggest chance at really doing somethign here. He is fast as hell, young, and has a great worth ethic. As we all know Willies Injury was horrible it could have bad lingering effects on him and I think management knows that and thats why they got Moore, also in a thread I started the other day we all discussed who we think would stay here their Carrer, well most of us agreed Willie wont, I think he will want alot of money his contract now is alot lower than he will want, After thinking about this they also must have got moore considering the money. Moore is another underated back like Wilie was, I hope moore can step it up this year and get more reps until he is in the rotation. We will see.

Dylan
04-02-2008, 09:38 PM
im excited to especially about his return skills also

Welcome To Smashmouth
04-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I too am optimistic on the Moore signing, but don't rule Davenport out just yet....he has been nothing but productive for this organization and I look for him knocking defenders on the backs to start a fresh 08 season

Galax Steeler
04-03-2008, 04:39 AM
I too am optimistic on the Moore signing, but don't rule Davenport out just yet....he has been nothing but productive for this organization and I look for him knocking defenders on the backs to start a fresh 08 season

I just don't think davenport has the power anymore to knock over defenders I think his days are numbered.

Rhee Rhee
04-03-2008, 05:27 AM
I just don't think davenport has the power anymore to knock over defenders I think his days are numbered.

he was never the guy to run over people in the first place.. he had the size but had the mentality of a reggie bush...

im much more excited of the oppurtunity lamarr woodley will have to go nuts...

stlrtruck
04-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I remember a few games last year that Davenport would hit the line, turn his back to it, and try to push his way through. Hey Dumptruck - that doesn't work so well.

Anyway, I'm excited about having Moore, and Davis back there supporting FWP

DACEB
04-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Yea, I'm happy we picked up Moore, but I still want to see more Gary Russell.

one side only
04-03-2008, 10:49 AM
In a word, no.

tony hipchest
04-04-2008, 10:21 AM
tomlin is excited. (from kirwans owner meetings blog)-

News and notes
I had a chance to speak with several coaches and personnel men early on here at the annual meetings. Here's a brief rundown of some of the information gathered:

? Pittsburgh head coach Mike Tomlin stopped by our Sirius broadcast Monday afternoon to discuss what a good addition Mewelde Moore will be to the Steelers. As Tomlin pointed out, Moore was a scout team running back for the Vikings when he was the Minnesota defensive coordinator. There is a plan in Pittsburgh to build a package around Moore's skills as a receiver and runner. ...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8077f2ee&template=with-video&confirm=true

Dino 6 Rings
04-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm excited, I look forward to seeing the entire Tomlin Team in its 2nd year. See how his work ethic and approach takes to the players.

I'm excited about our new Center, and our potentially revamped and remotivated O-line. I'm excited about our Defense, younger and faster and still hungry, we are 3 years removed from a SB Ring and there are now a lot of guys on the team that weren't on that SB winning team. The Vets should step up, play hard and the youth from last year's draft, and this year's draft, should push the older guys hard with their hunger.

I hope Anthony Smith improves his game, that Moore really steps up in our backfield on third down, That Russell or Davis can be the 4th Quarter kill the clock backs that we really need and hope our Receiving corp does its job and catches 90% of all balls thrown to them. I look forward to seeing our young linebackers attacking the Line of Scrimmage and to seeing how well we can stand up to tough competition, since we have the #1 toughest schedule in the entire NFL.

GO STEELERS!!!

CanadianSteel
04-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I remember a few games last year that Davenport would hit the line, turn his back to it, and try to push his way through. Hey Dumptruck - that doesn't work so well.

Anyway, I'm excited about having Moore, and Davis back there supporting FWP

Agree... way to many times Davenport would try a silly spin move on contact and try to push backwards. Never seen a back do that so many times before. Also he was not very good at the goaline considering his size.
I think (hope) Moore will be a better option as a third down back and take some of tne load off Willie.
Can we get a few passes to a RB as well.... how does that sound....

Steelman16
04-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't think Willie will slack off in any way after his injury, I have a feeling he'll be back with a bigger chip on his shoulder to prove himself.

But I am excited about seeing Moore out there. If he can return kicks, then he was worth every last cent IMO. :cheers:

Dino 6 Rings
04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Returning kicks won't be as important as Tackling On Kicks!!!

can he tackle? That's what I want to know.

Elvis
04-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Dino, I think that you will be dissapointed in Moore if your expecting a tackling machine on special teams my friend. He is gonna be the return man that will make the difference there, not making tackles. And I also think that he will be the end of Davenports' career here in pittsburgh. He is a 3rd down back, that is or was what Najeh was for. He is not the power back that the steelers need, I am hoping that is where Gary Russell comes into play. He just needs some gametime experience.

stillers4me
04-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I think Willie will come back with a vengeance.

He was soooooo close to getting that rushing record. He'll move heaven and earth and anything else that gets in his way to get it this year.