PDA

View Full Version : Lito Sheppard

IamTheSteelGod
04-03-2008, 03:55 AM
A league source said that the Eagles have asked at least one team for a first-round draft choice in exchange for Sheppard. I personally think we need someone like Sheppard he is a pretty solid CB. Your views.

Galax Steeler
04-03-2008, 03:58 AM
I don't think we could afford sheppard he is a very good player but we wont pay him we will do it through the draft.

Rhee Rhee
04-03-2008, 04:25 AM
lito for a first round draft pick?

may i remind everyone that lito has missed 15 (might've been 14) games the past 3 seasons... i'll pass

IamTheSteelGod
04-03-2008, 07:21 AM
True.

Davison_K
04-03-2008, 07:50 AM
He, like just about everyone else on that team, is an injury waiting to happen. They have some real good players but can't stay healthy. Trading a first round pick away, especially this year when we need o-line help would be suicide. And besides, saying we could afford him, and Ben could survive the 50+ sacks, who is to say that Lito would stay healthy. Lito is great. Tons of ability, but he can't stay healthy to save his life. The last year he played a 16 game season was 2002, though i think in 04 it was just him being rested. In summary "no thank you."

GBMelBlount
04-03-2008, 07:57 AM
I personally hope we keep an eye on Flowers. He has dropped on a lot of boards and I think could be a solid addition if he's available 2nd round or later.

Counselor
04-03-2008, 09:00 AM
A league source said that the Eagles have asked at least one team for a first-round draft choice in exchange for Sheppard. I personally think we need someone like Sheppard he is a pretty solid CB. Your views.

No thank you. The Steelers haven't been built as a perenial contender by giving up first-round picks. We need depth at CB, no doubt, but I certain don't think that was a glaring hole requiring the loss of a first-rounder.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I personally hope we keep an eye on Flowers. He has dropped on a lot of boards and I think could be a solid addition if he's available 2nd round or later.

Here is where I am a hypocrite. I am not a fan of splitting hairs on 40 times, but Flowers is a solid 4.5 40 guy right?? I like how Flowers plays, but his speed makes him an ideal "cover 2" corner. Unless the Steelers transition to a cover 2 scheme I really dont like him as a pick.

Personally with Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly in Tampa getting older and moving on....I see Flowers getting the call there.

The_WARDen
04-03-2008, 09:26 AM

When healthy, he is good. Trouble is...he can't stay on the field. That is why the bEagles are shopping him.

19ward86
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
dominique rogers cromartie is where i am at in my life...lol

SteelersTilIDie
04-03-2008, 07:45 PM
justin king from psu for me, but sheppard wouldnt be a bad pickup if we could stretch the trade to a second or third rounder

BettisFan
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
This would be a great signing! lets do it.

PisnNapalm
04-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I live out here near Philly... Lito is a solid player when he's on the field playing. A first round pick is too much for him. Maybe a second.... maybe. I'd give a 3rd round pick for sure.

ChronoCross
04-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Lito wants big money.. and do you really want a guy who cannot stay healthy at all..

ShutDown24
04-04-2008, 02:50 AM
I don't know how the Eagles can ask a first round pick for him, no way. This draft is DEEP in corners.

Galax Steeler
04-04-2008, 03:30 AM
This would be a great signing! lets do it.

And go bankrupt to.:flap:

Rhee Rhee
04-04-2008, 03:04 PM

if he's there in the second i'd have no problem with us selecting him..

but that one picture on his facebook scares me...

Rhee Rhee
04-04-2008, 03:05 PM
justin king from psu for me, but sheppard wouldnt be a bad pickup if we could stretch the trade to a second or third rounder

justin king/brandon flowers for me... charles godfrey too.... and the guy from Uconn i forget his name...

slashsteel
04-04-2008, 06:27 PM
...........why is there always somebody who wants us to bring in another teams castoff scrubs ? Lets bring in Ty Law while we are at it. And we can pair the two together. The hell with Townsend, Taylor and Big Mac, bring on the scrubs! Don't fool yourself there is a reason PA's second greatest football team brought in a high profile free agent cornerback, And are willing to let Sheppard go. As mentioned the scrub is injury pone! No thank you and I look forward to the next scrub possibility. :)

Welcome To Smashmouth
04-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I don't think we could afford sheppard he is a very good player but we wont pay him.

"" "" ""

43Hitman
04-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Here is where I am a hypocrite. I am not a fan of splitting hairs on 40 times, but Flowers is a solid 4.5 40 guy right?? I like how Flowers plays, but his speed makes him an ideal "cover 2" corner. Unless the Steelers transition to a cover 2 scheme I really dont like him as a pick.

Personally with Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly in Tampa getting older and moving on....I see Flowers getting the call there.

Tomlin does come from Dungy's coaching tree and as we all know Tony Dungy runs a "Tampa Two" (really just a cover 2 scheme). I for one would much rather see us draft a lineman in the first round.
I could see the Steelers using a cover 2 scheme in the near future. After all Lebeau won't be coaching forever and at some point Tomlin will have to start putting his kinda guys on defense.

lilyoder6
04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
well maybe tomlin is getting to the likeling of the 3-4 and will keep it as the base d..

43Hitman
04-08-2008, 08:36 PM
well maybe tomlin is getting to the likeling of the 3-4 and will keep it as the base d..

Maybe, but I have a feeling based on his comments that he would like to create pressure with out the blitz. The easiest way to do this is to integrate more four down lineman sets with cover 2 backing it up. Just my 2 cents of course.

faneca05
04-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe we should move to the 46 defense? lol