PDA

View Full Version : I have re-discovered The Cult

TheWarDen86
04-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Man, I forgot how much I loved these guys coming out of HS...Enjoy!

nNobN73F2JY

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Did you know....

They started out as Southern Death Cult? They were somewhat a part of the British Anarcho-Punk movement (along with famous bands of the gere like Crass). Ian Astbury was sort of more into the rock n roll end of things rather than the politics end and the band split....

Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Death_Cult

I am SF's walking encyclopedia of hardcore and punk music! If that counts for anything.

Damn... the burgh had many good bands...

TheWarDen86
04-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Damn Bro, I had no idea. Still, I love 'em. If the "boss" would agree, I would have them play my wedding.

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 06:55 PM
LOL! If the boss would agree, I'd have Motorhead at mine in November!

TheWarDen86
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
LOL! If the boss would agree, I'd have Motorhead at mine in November!

LOL. Dedicate "the Ace of Spades" to her. Congrats!

We're in September. They say that anticipation of death is worse than death its self. :wink02: :cheers:

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 07:03 PM
LOL! In lieu of rice/bubbles, we're having Terrible Towels waved!

If the Steelers are home on the 2nd, we're trying to score tix!

TheWarDen86
04-06-2008, 07:18 PM
LOL! In lieu of rice/bubbles, we're having Terrible Towels waved!

If the Steelers are home on the 2nd, we're trying to score tix!

Man, the Terrible Towel thing was tempting, but I have old Marine and Coast Guard buddies coming in from all over the place (Packers fans, Saints fans, Cards fans....and on down the line). My best man bleeds Black and god though! :tt02: This party won't be so much about the Steelers as it will be about the American Military. Music and drinks will be the priority. Marines and Sailors like thier drinks! :cheers:

BettisFan
04-06-2008, 08:23 PM
lol when i first saw the title of this thread i was like oh lord

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I met her an hour after SBXL. She was born and raised Black and Gold. I was sold!

millwalldavey
04-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I had Fire Woman stuck in my head all day!

tony hipchest
04-07-2008, 04:07 PM
great thread.

ive been craving to hear SONIC TEMPLE for several months now and its been quite a few years since last listening to it. just havent gotten around to downloading it.

millwalldavey, nothing tops the MisFiTs for me. Ramones are a distant 2nd, but have you heard of canada's Day Glow Abortions? good stuff from the mid 80's.

oddly enough, you know what i have recently re-discovered in the past month? Paul Simons GRACELAND.

thought it was good when it 1st came out and for some reason, love the hell out of it now.

*sigh* i guess im getting old, when im jamming out to my mom and dads music.

*sighs again*

fansince'76
04-07-2008, 04:38 PM
*sigh* i guess im getting old, when im jamming out to my mom and dads music.

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Hobbies_and_Entertainment/Strange_Entertainment/Old_man_jumps_2.gif

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

19ward86
04-07-2008, 04:47 PM
umm no.

TheWarDen86
04-07-2008, 08:30 PM
I met her an hour after SBXL. She was born and raised Black and Gold. I was sold!

I went to HS with my Fiancee. Hadn't seen eachother in 15 years and now (3 years later) we're engaged. She liked the Bills (pity love for the 4 SB losses), but she's Black and Gold now! :tt02:

TheWarDen86
04-07-2008, 08:32 PM
great thread.

ive been craving to hear SONIC TEMPLE for several months now and its been quite a few years since last listening to it. just havent gotten around to downloading it.

millwalldavey, nothing tops the MisFiTs for me. Ramones are a distant 2nd.
I couldn't wait. It's already on my IPOD. I also realized that I didn't add my Ramones to it so now that's done.

I do a killer acoustic version of Die, Die My Darling. :smile:

millwalldavey
04-07-2008, 08:32 PM
millwalldavey, nothing tops the MisFiTs for me. Ramones are a distant 2nd, but have you heard of canada's Day Glow Abortions? good stuff from the mid 80's.

Oh yeah. My friend has all the original LP's of theirs.

My top 5 ever? (in no order)

Minor Threat
Negative Approach
Gorilla Biscuits
7 Seconds
Motorhead (straddled the punk/metal line to this day!)

Great 'burgh bands (of the 90's mostly) were Aus-Rotten (almost went to Japan with them!) and Submachine!

As I sit here an listen to old James Brown singles!

TheWarDen86
04-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I was always partial to Slayer, Nuclear Assault, Anthrax (older stuff), Metallica, Suicidal Tendancies..., the Crumb Suckers were good, S.O.D...., Man, the list is endless...

...lol...as I sit here listening to INXS...oops, no now it's Bob Marley.

millwalldavey
04-07-2008, 08:39 PM
LOL... all good stuff... I loved Venom and Posessed as well on the metal front! My library of 80's Hardcore is pretty extensive (especially after accumulating it for 15 years!) I slammed to ST @ the Spectrum in like 91 when they opened for of all bands Queensryche!

(still loving the James Brown tonight!)

TheWarDen86
04-07-2008, 08:45 PM
LOL... all good stuff... I loved Venom and Posessed as well on the metal front! My library of 80's Hardcore is pretty extensive (especially after accumulating it for 15 years!) I slammed to ST @ the Spectrum in like 91 when they opened for of all bands Queensryche!

(still loving the James Brown tonight!)

Somewhere I have a VHS with Slayer, Venom and Exodus in the early years. I wasn't huge into Venom, but I liked "Countess Bathery." That's going back a ways, eh?

I never saw Suicidal, but Queensryche opened for Metallica (as did The Cult and Metal Church) and I never made it inside in time (partying in the parking lot).

James Brown? Are you watching that James Brown Special that was supposed to be on?