PDA

View Full Version : Stupid McMascot back for another year...?

PisnNapalm
04-06-2008, 07:39 PM
FARK!

http://news.steelers.com/article/87888/

Steely McBeam will be present the entire day to meet and greet Steelers fans.

Looks like we're going to be seeing more of the Stupid McMascot. :banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

I was hoping he would just freaking fade away. I hoped he was a one year disaster, but no... :dang:

I still hope he will meet an early demise....

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/mcbeamcementtruck1.jpg

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/mcbeamdarts.jpg

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/b17-mcbeam.jpg

Edman
04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Yep, Mcbeam won't be retired for a while. So, just get used to him...for now...

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I dunno... I just do not get so annoyed by him... I'm from the eastern part of the state... did you guys have him shoved down your throats out ther or something?

revefsreleets
04-06-2008, 09:14 PM
The fans widely boo him. What's the point? We don't do cheerleaders or mascots...

Die Steely, die!

BettisFan
04-06-2008, 09:25 PM
he just makes us look childish

HometownGal
04-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I dunno... I just do not get so annoyed by him... I'm from the eastern part of the state... did you guys have him shoved down your throats out ther or something?

He's not all that bad in comparison to some of the other NFL mascots. I'd take Steely any day over that stupid looking Pat Patriot.

I think with Steely, it is that ridiculous looking smile that resembles those you'd see at the local nar-nar facility.

BettisFan
04-06-2008, 09:31 PM
He's not all that bad in comparison to some of the other NFL mascots. I'd take Steely any day over that stupid looking Pat Patriot.

I think with Steely, it is that ridiculous looking smile that resembles those you'd see at the local nar-nar facility.

He sorta looks like Cowher lol

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 09:43 PM
My sweetie says she does not like him because "we never had one before so why now?"

That kinda put it in perspective.

Dont blame me, I wanted to call him Ironhead!

SteelCityMan786
04-06-2008, 10:48 PM

If It's a Pittsburgh Mascot it looks better then all the other mascots in there league.

Of course the chin gives him the Cowher effect.

nojobny
04-07-2008, 12:22 AM
The only time I ever saw him was before the games, outside the stadium and he always had a crowd around him to take pictures (kids and adults).

I didn't like him initially but as long as he doesn't do stupid antics on the field or sideline during games I think its fine.

TackleMeBen
04-07-2008, 09:28 AM
this year they will have steely out on the field during halftime kicking field goals and dancing for the fans entertainment..lol:sofunny:

Galax Steeler
04-07-2008, 10:00 AM
this year they will have steely out on the field during halftime kicking field goals and dancing for the fans entertainment..lol:sofunny:

That should be something to see.:yawn:

CB1977
04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
LOL...your mascot makes me laugh too. Not having attended any Steelers games to see him in "person", I was wondering how tall he is? He looks like he would scare kids instead of them liking him.

MasterOfPuppets
04-07-2008, 03:28 PM
That should be something to see.:yawn:yeah, that'd be way better than cheeleaders mud wrestling on the field....:thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
04-07-2008, 04:43 PM
yeah, that'd be way better than cheeleaders mud wrestling on the field....:thumbsup:
only if the cheerleaders were the qb and the punter :wink02:! lol

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2008, 12:52 PM
At first I was against the mascot, but when he visited the Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh and I saw the faces of the kids in the video about the visit, I realized why the Rooney's agreed to a mascot. He's for the kids, not the beer swilling, towel screaming fans that have lived and died black and gold for 30+ years.

He brings the Steelers to the kids, the ones who need a good laugh and a connection to something they don't quite understand or are unable to see in person.

That is why I can tolerate the mascot.

PisnNapalm
04-08-2008, 12:56 PM
The Steelers used to send players to visit the kids at Children's, now just a mascot?

CB1977
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
The Steelers used to send players to visit the kids at Children's, now just a mascot?

They want the kids to get better, don't they? :flap:

rbryan
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I'd trade Steely for the Cheerleaders in a second.

I still have a hard time trying to figure out why half naked hotties in B&G is a bad thing. If it makes you feel better we can call them something else besides Cheerleaders.

tony hipchest
04-08-2008, 01:34 PM
If it makes you feel better we can call them something else besides Cheerleaders.since they really dont lead anything, how bout the "Steeler Cheerskanks"? :cheer:

rbryan
04-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I think the Bengals already copyrighted that one......

Maybe I'm way off base here, in light of recent events maybe its not such a good idea to subject these guys to anymore gold digging tricks than they already have to contend with. Lord knows most of them couldn't predict a train wreck if they were standing on the tracks.

SteelersMongol
04-09-2008, 12:26 AM
FARK!

http://news.steelers.com/article/87888/

Looks like we're going to be seeing more of the Stupid McMascot. :banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

I was hoping he would just freaking fade away. I hoped he was a one year disaster, but no... :dang: ...

Sombody please take way PisnNapalm's gun before he hurts somebody, or some Mascot. :sofunny:

TackleMeBen
04-09-2008, 06:46 AM
since they really dont lead anything, how bout the "Steeler Cheerskanks"? :cheer:
i read that and swore it said cheesesteaks..lol:sofunny:

UK CANDY BEE
05-16-2008, 11:41 PM
he just makes us look childish

Awww, don't sell yourselves short !!

You folks manage a very good job of that with no help whatsoever !!

:chuckle: