PDA

View Full Version : The Superbowl in 3D?

TackleMeBen
04-08-2008, 09:27 AM
i was listening to sirius this morning and they were talking with peter king. and he mentioned that art modell's son produced the U2 movie in 3D that is playing at the IMAX, and brought the idea of doing a superbowl in 3D. i was curious as to what my fellow football fans would think about paying 50.00 to see the superbowl in 3D at the IMAX?

stlrtruck
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't pay $50 for it that's for sure. Unless that included a free tailgate before the game.

MACH1
04-08-2008, 10:51 AM
That would be nice to see, but not $50 worth of nice.

tony hipchest
04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
:scratchchin: $50 to see a ton of patfans crying in 3-D? sounds good to me!

rbryan
04-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Any idea from Modell has no credibilty to begin with. I hate the Browns as much as the next Steeler fan but I can't stand that prick for what he did.

BettisFan
04-08-2008, 02:21 PM
I would do it, that sounds tight as hell. (as long as we were playing)

TackleMeBen
04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Any idea from Modell has no credibilty to begin with. I hate the Browns as much as the next Steeler fan but I can't stand that prick for what he did.
actually its his son, not him. you cant hold the son responsible for what the father did.

we all know if the nfl could make a killing with this they will definately look into it i am sure.

The Patriot
04-08-2008, 09:07 PM
It would be so easy to do it with the old technology. All it is is two cameras with different light polarizations. I wasn't even that impressed with the U2 imax.

MasterOfPuppets
04-08-2008, 09:26 PM
:scratchchin: $50 to see a ton of patfans crying in 3-D? sounds good to me!
and brady eatin turf in 3D........sweet !!! :sofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
And thus, the march towards a PPV Super Bowl begins......

NJarhead
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't get the attraction to this....at all. If you go to a game, isn't it in 3D? I mean, it's football, not Jaws III. I can't imagine hosting a Super Bowl party and needing to wear funky glasses on my face, ESPECIALLY if it's the Steelers.

Two Thumbs Down.

BettisFan
04-08-2008, 09:40 PM
I don't get the attraction to this....at all. If you go to a game, isn't it in 3D? I mean, it's football, not Jaws III. I can't imagine hosting a Super Bowl party and needing to wear funky glasses on my face, ESPECIALLY if it's the Steelers.

Two Thumbs Down.

Well yea but its crazy money to go to a SB, i think it would be even cooler if it was a party i dunno its like your there lol.

NJarhead
04-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Well yea but its crazy money to go to a SB, i think it would be even cooler if it was a party i dunno its like your there lol.

Football is usually tossed in the category of "entertainment." This it is, however not entirely in fit, form and function.

For a few years football was perfect: Directv came out with the NFL Sunday Ticket, I recall fewer commercial breaks, there were no SB half-time show fiasco's and the half-time show NEVER had it's own web page! We looked forward to the "Bud-weis-er" frogs meeting thier doom at the hand of the ferret during the commericals. :cheers: It was good stuff. Now, granted there were brain-farts like the Bud Bowl back in the 80's and other failures of commericalism to football (can't help but feel like I'm forgetting an important one).

In any event, I understand the need to bring in more fans, get higher TV ratings, yadda, yadda, but when are they just gonna leave "well enough" alone??? :banging:

BettisFan
04-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Football is usually tossed in the category of "entertainment." This it is, however not entirely in fit, form and function.

For a few years football was perfect: Directv came out with the NFL Sunday Ticket, I recall fewer commercial breaks, there were no SB half-time show fiasco's and the half-time show NEVER had it's own web page! We looked forward to the "Bud-weis-er" frogs meeting thier doom at the hand of the ferret during the commericals. :cheers: It was good stuff. Now, granted there were brain-farts like the Bud Bowl back in the 80's and other failures of commericalism to football (can't help but feel like I'm forgetting an important one).

In any event, I understand the need to bring in more fans, get higher TV ratings, yadda, yadda, but when are they just gonna leave "well enough" alone??? :banging:

Never is the answer

Borski
04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
HDTV is way better than 3D. I vote no.

Steelman16
04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
HDTV is way better than 3D. I vote no.

I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
04-09-2008, 04:00 AM
and brady eatin turf in 3D........sweet !!! :sofunny:

:sofunny::sofunny:

stlrtruck
04-09-2008, 07:48 AM

Hey, I loved the bud-bowl. I made some good money on that game!!!!

rbryan
04-09-2008, 08:05 AM

No doubt. Just a matter of time.

NJarhead
04-09-2008, 04:21 PM

YIKES! Bite your tongue!

BettisFan
04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
If it comes down to PPV superbowls i dont know where the NFL will be at that point, I would almost lose interest if i had to pay to even watch games in my house.

NJarhead
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
If it comes down to PPV superbowls i dont know where the NFL will be at that point, I would almost lose interest if i had to pay to even watch games in my house.

We who have the NFL Sunday Ticket pay plenty already. But remember you said that if they ask the fans to vote for a "3D SB."

"3D? We don't need no stinking 3D."

Stu Pidasso
04-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Now, granted there were brain-farts like the Bud Bowl back in the 80's and other failures of commericalism to football (can't help but feel like I'm forgetting an important one).

The Lingerie Bowl? :) That "Beavis and Butthead" halftime show? The "Celebrity Deathmatch" on MTV? I could go on...

NJarhead
04-09-2008, 09:34 PM
The Lingerie Bowl? :) That "Beavis and Butthead" halftime show? The "Celebrity Deathmatch" on MTV? I could go on...

The Lingerie Bowl? How come I don't remember that one? That doesn't sound like a brain fart......at all.

SteelersJW
04-14-2008, 08:04 PM
If it involves football and new technology, it always interests me. I'd pay $50. I've wasted that amount of many on so many things, who gives a damn?