PDA

View Full Version : Trib-Review Mock

DACEB
04-09-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_561333.html

They have us taking Groves over Albert at 1.23.

Dylan
04-09-2008, 06:51 PM
i agree with that...supposedly albert might be a top 10 pick now...and the steelers love groves...and i love his pass rush ability

Texasteel
04-09-2008, 07:11 PM
It would surprize me if they took Groves over Albert, but that dosn't mean it wouldn't happen.
Never the less, with Albert probably gone I think its a good bet it will be Groves or a trade down. Probably Groves.

faneca05
04-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah a lot of mocks have Albert going in the top 10-15 picks now, so I think Groves would be a great pick at 23.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-09-2008, 10:06 PM
They have DeSean Jackson as the 2nd WR taken.

They have Matt Ryan sliding past Atlanta and KC.

They have Brandon Albert at #25 and

The Packers drafting a QB when they have a first round drafted QB with 3years under the system in Aaron Rodgers.

I think I will believe the horoscopes in the Trib before any of this mock.

Rhee Rhee
04-10-2008, 01:50 AM
They have DeSean Jackson as the 2nd WR taken.

They have Matt Ryan sliding past Atlanta and KC.

They have Brandon Albert at #25 and

The Packers drafting a QB when they have a first round drafted QB with 3years under the system in Aaron Rodgers.

AMEN

what surprised me above all was the packers pick...

Galax Steeler
04-10-2008, 03:48 AM
I don't see albert sliding past 15 his stock is rising.

DACEB
04-10-2008, 05:42 AM

:toofunny:

Elvis
04-10-2008, 06:00 AM
I wouldnt mind the pick of Groves, but I really dont think that he will be around for us at 23. I dont believe that Albert will be either.
:helmet:

Elvis
04-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Quentin Groves DE 6?3 254 Auburn

By: Robert Davis

Groves was a freshmen All American after finishing the year with 23 tackles, 10 for loss, and 7.5 sacks. As a sophomore, he added another six sacks. He had a standout junior year, posting career highs with 37 tackles, 12 for loss, and 9.5 sacks on his way to All SEC honors. Groves? numbers took a hit this year because of three dislocated toes, but he still finished the season with 35 tackles, seven for loss, and three sacks.
Groves is a major force off the edge as a pass rusher. He comes off the ball very quickly to gain an initial step, and has the athleticism to adjust his course, and close on the quarterback. He can consistently get penetration into the backfield to disrupt the action. He may have the ability to stand up and be an edge rusher in a 3-4 defense.
Size as an every down end may hurt Groves potential in the NFL. He has average size, and may not be able to hold up at the point of attack over the course of the season. He can be taken out of running plays by bigger, stronger tackles. Groves is the type of player that has benefited lately by many teams to a 3-4 defense. He has the big play ability off the edge, but lacks the all around skills and size to hold up as an end.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-10-2008, 09:18 AM
I think Groves is the most risky pick around in the 1st next to Calais Campbell.

Had a good junior year, but was only projected as a 3rd round pick, so he came back for his senior year to improve his draft stock.

Groves, who is married and has already graduated, opted to return for his senior season after being projected as a likely middle-round pick in the NFL Draft

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/quentin-groves?id=240
In 11 games in 2007, Groves registered 38 tackles (23 solos). He had three sacks, seven stops for losses and led the Southeastern Conference with a career-high 23 quarterback pressures.

He suffered a toe injury in 2007 and really didnt do much on the field to improve his stock. Rather he did more at the combine with measureables to create buzz.

I'd take a chance on him in the 2nd, but not with more sure things in the first. He could be Joey Porter, he could be Huey Richardson.

DACEB
04-10-2008, 10:40 AM
I think Groves is the most risky pick around in the 1st next to Calais Campbell.

I have no idea why you would consider him a risky pick, and to compare him to Campbell is not reasonable. Campbell has shown himself to be a slug. Groves is a highly motivated, student of the game. Very similar to Woodley in that regard.

Competitive Nature / Work Ethic: A fiery player who plays hard on every snap. His teammates and coaches have recognized him as a hard worker.
Football Intelligence: Was able to switch positions in the middle of his senior season when he was asked. Loves to pick the minds of defensive coaches about schemes to better understand the defense as a whole.
Athletic Ability: An explosive athlete who can do whatever is asked of him on a football field.
http://www.newerascouting.com/profiler/viewprofile.php?id=40

He suffered a toe injury in 2007 and really didnt do much on the field to improve his stock. Rather he did more at the combine with measureables to create buzz.

Groves was having a banner senior campaign before dislocating several toes.

Groves is a perfect fit for a hybrid outside linebacker/rush end position in a 3-4 defensive scheme. With his balance and body control, along with lateral movement, he should have no problems adjusting to playing off the line. With so much emphasis on pressuring the pocket and getting to the quarterback in the NFL, there is no other player in this draft that can match Groves' pass rushing ability.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/quentin-groves?id=240

I don't share the same reservations you have Gonzo, but then again I've been pimping him for awhile so I might be a tad bias.

Jeremy
04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
AMEN

what surprised me above all was the packers pick...

Why?

Reports out of Green Bay the past couple of seasons have been anything but positive in regards to Aaron Rodgers.

lilyoder6
04-10-2008, 03:05 PM
there could be a good chance that malcolm kelly could be there in the 2nd round.. he had a horrible combine. and will most likely drop him out of the 1st.. if we could get him in the 2nd and king is not there that would be a steal