PDA

View Full Version : Do you like him? Want him for the Future?

BettisFan
04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Ok so with the wave of "we hate steely" and "steely is arrested" I thought lets just make a little poll so show how we all feel. Not hard, its either If you like him and want him for the future , or dont and want him gone!

MACH1
04-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Why Why Why.......:dang:

I think you already know the answer

stlrtruck
04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Mascots are for teams without a fanbase - just like cheerleaders.

Steelers don't need them. There's enough mascots and cheerleaders that fill Heinz Field and stadium across the country.

NJarhead
04-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Mascots are for teams without a fanbase - just like cheerleaders.

Steelers don't need them. There's enough mascots and cheerleaders that fill Heinz Field and stadium across the country.

Mascots are for the kids.
Not sure what other purpose cheerleaders serve aside from eye candy.

I don't personally care about Steely myself. He doesn't have any impact on the game. If the kids like him though, he should stay. What say you parents? kids?

stlrtruck
04-10-2008, 07:37 AM
I don't personally care about Steely myself. He doesn't have any impact on the game. If the kids like him though, he should stay. What say you parents? kids?

What say I? I'm raising my daughter to be a STEELERS fan - tride and true, cut her and she'll bleed black and gold through and through!!

No Mascots, No Cheerleaders - 60 Minutes, 53 Men, 1 Nation (and 75,000 cheerleaders/mascots in the stands on Game Day).

HometownGal
04-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Mascots are for the kids.

I don't personally care about Steely myself. He doesn't have any impact on the game. If the kids like him though, he should stay.

This is where I'm at, TWD86. I do wish, however, that they'd change that creepy looking shit-eatin' smile on his face. :horror: My 8 year old grandson thinks he's cool, so that's good enough for me. I can't vote because like you, I don't care one way or the other.

CanadianSteel
04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Not a big fan of Steely, however I did read that he visits the childrens hosptials and such which is great if he can bring some smiles to kids.
I am also also fine with him outside the stadium before the games getting pictures with kids, fans and stuff, as long as he is NO where near the feild during the game.

rbryan
04-10-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm picturing the mascot being hammered on game day now. Kinda like in "Blades of Glory" when Will Ferrell was skating in the ice show.

Elvis
04-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I dont like McBeamy at all. I said that from day 1 that the Steelers would be the joke of the league in that category. Its just crazy.. why not just have a few cheerleaders? Its time the Rooneys got out of the 70's and have some girls in black n gold!!
:cheer:

Rhee Rhee
04-14-2008, 03:12 AM
No Mascots, No Cheerleaders - 60 Minutes, 53 Men, 1 Nation (and 75,000 cheerleaders/mascots in the stands on Game Day).

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

why bother with a trouble-making mascot and cheerleaders when you have the largest fanbase in the world?!

sixstringlass
04-14-2008, 05:24 AM

Gives girls a chance to be on the field with their team, so to speak.

I wish, in a very small way, that the Steelers would have cheerleaders, just so that I could try out.

::shrug::

revefsreleets
04-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Wow! 17-1 so far, with a few people "Obamaing"...I see now why Steely gets booed!

Galax Steeler
04-15-2008, 03:59 AM
For the kids yes for the fans no.

Steel Buckeye
05-09-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm not as against having a mascot as most fans are, to me it's just something to entertain children. To tell you the truth a mascot is not a big deal to me.

FordsnSteelers
05-16-2008, 04:44 PM
gotta get rid of him, hes actin like a bungle. Gettin arrested and drunk n stuff.

Dodt
05-16-2008, 10:02 PM
those cheerleaders better have terrible towels .

ejames43
05-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah - not a fan of McBeam. Not the best idea here.