PDA

View Full Version : Farrior expected to miss a couple weeks..11/10 update, Farrior thinks he will play !

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Now that depth we all worried about at LB, ever since training camp..really starts to hit home. Its obviously gotta be a priority in the offseason, but for right now... If Im the coaches, Im thinking, why not experiement and put James Harrison in the middle beside Foote, and let Clint K and Rian Wallace be the backups , and use Frazier as the primary backup to the outside LBs.

Prosdo
11-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Crap, not the news I wanted to hear. Farrior is such a leader on that defense. Shame to see him out. Heal up fast James!

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-06-2005, 09:57 PM
No kidding... even a genius could of thought of that. We are no better than 9-7 this year. Maybe 11-5 at best if you pray to the tooth fairy. We suck. We couldn't stop a punk a$$ QB against the ravens who were sucky. And we couldn't put up numbers against their shitty defense. Then we can't stop a stone-aged QB in Brett Favre who completely sucks against every other team. I would love for us to take the title this year but I am seeing nothing but luck and weekness on our team.

Koopa
11-06-2005, 10:16 PM
rian rian rian rian rian lol, i hope he can step up cause reading all the articles i did over the summer and how he grew up i want him to make a name for himself in the nfl and this just might be his chance to do it..............so what is wrong with farrior? i didn't even see when he got injured during the game

Prosdo
11-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Steelers | Farrior Injured Week 9
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:40:21 -0800

Teresa Varley, of Steelers.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers LB James Farrior (knee) suffered a grade two MCL injury during Week 9. Farrior could miss a couple of weeks.

http://www.kffl.com/player/1515/NFL

FantasyBetsZone
11-06-2005, 10:57 PM
that sucks!!!! :crying01:

BB2W
11-06-2005, 11:11 PM
This isn't good, he means a lot to that defense... This has been an awfull year as far as injuries.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2005, 07:00 AM
Farrior said he will get MRI today but that it is just a sprain - losing Farrior for at least 2 weeks is not good but losing him for the season would be devastating.

Pass rush has suddenly disappeared - Porter continues to be a non-factor and game stats crediting Haggans with just 1 tackle confirmed my recollection of not hearing his name called all game.

Need to get these next 2 wins and then prepare for 2 huge games against Indy and Bengals. If the pass rush does not reappear Peyton Manning will tear this D apart.

Suitanim
11-07-2005, 08:21 AM
I thought the defense did a good job yesterday, particularly in the 2nd half, of pressuring Favre. Sure, we only had one sack, but there was pressure flying in from all over the place, and it clearly forced Favre to rush his throws and generally make him uncomfortable in the pocket. Favre is just a freak of nature sometimes, seeing people open that just about any other QB wouldn't. He made a few mistakes yesterday, but also showed flashes of why he's the greatest improvising QB to ever play the game.

Just as we had a different gameplan for Green Bay than for Baltimore, we will have an entirely different defensive scheme for the Colts. It's a true "bend don't break" defense, and as long as it continues not to break, we'll keep winning.

Koopa
11-07-2005, 12:02 PM
after reading the last couple of post by suit, i'm not as worried about all the third down conversions, cause we make the stops when they are really needed. i hope farrior can get back soon, but i really hope rian or someone else won't make us miss farrior to much

Ladylinebacker#51
11-07-2005, 12:03 PM
I hope he gets better soon.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Depending on what site you read on the Internet, a grade II MCL "sprain" is either a partial tear or a "severe stretching" of the MCL. Still concerned about whether this is a complete season-ending tear until the MRI results are announced (today or Tuesday?)

Sounds like Farrior will be wearing a knee brace for the rest of the year after he returns - only an injury to Troy would be more significant to the D.

Since Farrior appears to be definitely out the next 2 weeks, hopefully he will be back for the Bengal game in 4 weeks.

clevestinks
11-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Injury bug! Wow this is a blow

BB2W
11-08-2005, 04:20 PM
James Farrior is listed as doubful this week, but it looks like it isn't that bad...

Question: Is James a little better than what you might have thought?

Cowher: Yeah. He?s a little bit better.

SteelCityMan786
11-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Recover and return Soon Farrior We need you for the long run. And For The Playoff Drive To 5

Suitanim
11-08-2005, 08:58 PM
The one absolute you can count on from the Steelers, year after year, regardless of who the coach is, they will have great linebackers starting AND great linebackers waiting in the wings. Farrior being out may give us an opportunity to see another James Harrison step up into the spotlight.

When Farrior came over from the Jets, he was no great shakes. Decent against the run and an upgrade against the pass...now he's an elite top 5 LB. The Steelers KNOW Linebackers!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-08-2005, 09:21 PM
I think right now anyone on our defense could be replaced.....for the time being...except for one player.......no need to say his name......hes all over the field...if we were to lose him for any amount of time our defense would be devistated........Name starts with a P
anyone agree?

Suitanim
11-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Smith and Hampton are exceptional at what they do, and Kimo has his moments. The DL never gets the props they deserve. Just throwing that into the mix...

I.C. Lights
11-08-2005, 10:51 PM
The one absolute you can count on from the Steelers, year after year, regardless of who the coach is, they will have great linebackers starting AND great linebackers waiting in the wings. Farrior being out may give us an opportunity to see another James Harrison step up into the spotlight.

When Farrior came over from the Jets, he was no great shakes. Decent against the run and an upgrade against the pass...now he's an elite top 5 LB. The Steelers KNOW Linebackers!

:iagree: Absolutely

Bad news is that this injury could be terrible for Farrior. Even though he should be able to heal up pretty quick, it is going to severly limit his flexibility and range of motion and that might take a long time to get back (like 6 mo.'s plus)... Let's hope we have good PTs on staff!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2005, 11:14 PM

yeah in fact for most of his first season..he was just learning the defense and made some plays but nothing like what he is doing now.. the guy is just flat out amazing !!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2005, 12:56 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05314/603798.stm

Steelers Notebook: Farrior thinks he'll play Sunday
Thursday, November 10, 2005

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Linebacker James Farrior not only wants to play Sunday night, he thinks he will.

The weekly injury report lists him as doubtful against Cleveland at Heinz Field, but Farrior issued a much rosier report on the condition of his left knee, which has a second-degree MCL sprain.

"As it looks now, I might be able to play this week," Farrior said. "I have to see how it feels the rest of the week. We'll just take it one day at a time and see how it feels."

Farrior has missed only two games since he joined the Steelers as a free agent from the New York Jets in 2002. Both came in his first season here, missing one with a knee injury and another to rest a sore sternum. He started every game the past two seasons and made the Pro Bowl last season, when his teammates voted him their MVP.

"It looked worse than what it really was," Farrior said of the injury that happened in Green Bay Sunday. "The initial reaction was 'I think I did something bad.' But, when I got my mind right and got focused and ran off the field, I didn't think it would be bad."

If Farrior does not play, Clint Kriewaldt will make his first start since joining the Steelers as a free agent from the Detroit Lions in 2003 and only his third start in seven NFL seasons. As the "buck" linebacker, he must make all the defensive calls.

"I'll concentrate on getting the defense set and doing my job," Kriewaldt said. "I'm going to be jacked up. I can't get too excited and too caught up in the whole start. I'm just going to go out there, play hard, get my keys, get the defense run right and just play my butt off."

Linebacker Joey Porter, listed as questionable with a knee injury, also predicted he will play.

Neither he nor Farrior practiced yesterday. Others who did not go through a full practice were Jerome Bettis, Dan Kreider and Willie Parker. Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Logan were declared out.

"I'm preparing myself as if I'm going to play," said Porter. "I see myself playing. I'm going to go out there and rehab like I've been doing. I'll be OK."

Atlanta Dan
11-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Farrior is a force on the defense but if the Steelers believe they can get away with it they should sit him down (or sit Porter down) this week to heal up.

If this D is going to pick it up players need to get healthy.

clevestinks
11-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Farrior the Warrior, I like the "I get paid to play football, so I will" attitude

Suitanim
11-10-2005, 07:48 AM
Thinking long term, unless his back-up is playing out of position and getting smoked, let James have a week off to rest...

Prosdo
11-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I agree let Farrior rest this game. Then let him come back strong for the next one.

tony hipchest
11-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Thinking long term, unless his back-up is playing out of position and getting smoked, let James have a week off to rest...
its how players like haggans, porter, harrison, foote, have proved their worth in the past. t. kirsche has been on the team for a while, at an important position. hes done pretty good in spot duty too this year.