PDA

View Full Version : After 8 games.. whats ur concerns..

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2005, 10:59 PM
1. 3rd down defense

If we dont sure up this 3rd down defense, its gonna get worse as we get to the postseason and make our run for a championship. We stop them on 1st down, stop them on 2nd down, and then let them convert on 3rd down.. That has to stop !!!

2. Injuries.. Ben, Bus, Parker, Farrior, ....

We have got to get healthy, plain and simple. Our depth is stepping up, but we are running out of it.

3. Secondary gives up some big plays

They play this bend dont break style this year so far...but I want the 3 and out ..6 and out defense back in a big way. Keeping teams outta the endzone is key and we're doing that..but damn, i hate seeing them march down in between the 20s

tony hipchest
11-06-2005, 11:05 PM
reapeated injuries to our qb, lbs and rbs. fix that and everythig else will take care of itself. every opponent is playing their best ball against the steelers and if they wanna be champs they will have to grind it out against the tuffest every team has to offer. every dog has their day and they all wann have it against the steelers.

Prosdo
11-06-2005, 11:07 PM
My big concerns are pretty much the same as Blitz's. Today we went 0/8 converting third downs. That needs improved. Our third down defense is looking pretty bad. The secondary isn't doing as well as I would like. Injuries are pretty rough so far.

Koopa
11-06-2005, 11:19 PM
my biggest concern are big ben, he needs to stay healthy.......well at least he is getting to rest this late in the season and won't have the i'm was tired excuse in the playoffs. and the 3rd down d, what the hell is wrong with them? don't they know if you stop them there you get off the field and rest? damn i thought the would've fixed that by now.

OX1947
11-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Injuries. But thats why we have depth, if we can go into the playoffs healthy, I'll feel good......

bangpow
11-07-2005, 09:29 AM
3. Secondary gives up some big plays

They play this bend dont break style this year so far...but I want the 3 and out ..6 and out defense back in a big way. Keeping teams outta the endzone is key and we're doing that..but damn, i hate seeing them march down in between the 20s

It's been more than 8 games that the Steelers have had that problem. It's looking more like the past 3 or 4 seasons, to be quite honest.

Lyn
11-07-2005, 09:43 AM
My ONLY concern is keeping EVERYONE healthy and we are on our way!~ :grin:

bangpow
11-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Oh and I forgot to add that the Steelers Special Teams have been god awful for the last few years, too.

RichmondVA
11-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Better Red Zone TD to FG ratio

Better Offensive 3rd Down Conversion Rate

Winning the division and not letting any Wild Card scenarios leave the Steelers at home.

soniczilla
11-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Once everyone is healthy, we're good to go. That's why we need to finish either 1st or 2nd, to get that bye so everyone can rest up.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Second half of season concerns:

As others have said, 3rd down conversions against D are a big concern - hopefully Farrior's injury is not more serious than anticipated and Haggans can return to pre-injury form to step up pass rush pressure.

Winning these next 2 games and the Bengals rematch (crucial for tiebreakers)

Winning the division and getting a home playoff game (with or without a bye) - I do not believe a team has ever won three road games in the playoffs to make it to the Super Bowl.

tony hipchest
11-07-2005, 11:37 AM
i cant remember if the ravens won 2 or 3 on the road in 2000.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Ravens won 2 on the road - they beat Denver at home (back when 1 of the wildcards got a home game) then beat Tennessee and Oakland on the road

BB2W
11-07-2005, 03:23 PM
I think we all are concerned with the number of injuries we have had so far this season, and I am also concerned with the O-line... run-blocking is not bad, but it has been better. Pass-protection has been pretty bad, and it will need to get better with Ben running on two bad wheels.

clevestinks
11-07-2005, 03:55 PM
1. Our secondary worries me, no sooner we brag about them, the A.Wright makes them look terrible.
2. 3rd defense needs some work.
3. How about a consistant pass rush. Keep coming
4. INJURIES, this is huge.

ngreene15
11-07-2005, 06:31 PM
1. Ben staying healthy... It's very easy to see in the two games he's been out that our offence struggles without him.
2. The defence doesn't seem as dominant as last year... Don't really know why because it's basically the same personel.
3. Injuries to the rest of the team.

steelers fans=morons
11-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Your biggest concern should be that your star quaterback and the anchor of your franchise had surgery on his knee, no matter how minor the surgery is any time you mess with a big guys knees he will never be 100% again...and if he doesnt rehab it properly it will only get worse...(see jamal lewis)

Koopa
11-07-2005, 07:31 PM
it don't matter if brashaw came out of retirement, we'd still kill y'all cause the browns are garbage and an embarrassment to the league

steelers fans=morons
11-07-2005, 07:46 PM
I seem to remember that the browms once broke bradshaws neck and put him on the road to retirement.... so I don't think we'll worry about him too much. Maybe you should worry about your overconfidence in an overated team bound to get upset at home..on national televsion by a team that got beat by the texans..

tony hipchest
11-07-2005, 07:54 PM
....by a team that got beat by the texans.. dont go overboard there pumping up youre team! lol

steelers fans=morons
11-07-2005, 08:04 PM
It's not like I am here saying the Browns are good, I realize that yes they do indeed stink up quite a few contests...what I am here saying is that this week under these circumstances we will beat you at home.

edit: oh and I found a picture that you might all like bradshaw (www.mcmillenandwife.com/images/turkey_joe.jpg)

tony hipchest
11-07-2005, 08:15 PM
It's not like I am here saying the Browns are good, I realize that yes they do indeed stink up quite a few contests...what I am here saying is that this week under these circumstances we will beat you at home.
oh......., so fantasizing on the browns board is too embarrasing? i can imagine with so many steelerfans there.

ngreene15
11-07-2005, 08:19 PM

edit: oh and I found a picture that you might all like bradshaw (www.mcmillenandwife.com/images/turkey_joe.jpg)

HAH! Dare to dream

steelers fans=morons
11-07-2005, 08:23 PM
oh......., so fantasizing on the browns board is too embarrasing? i can imagine with so many steelerfans there.

No I also participate proudly on the browns board, I just like messing with a bunch a Yinzers the week before we play you fools.

tony hipchest
11-07-2005, 08:30 PM
No I also participate proudly on the browns board, I just like messing with a bunch a Yinzers the week before we play you fools.

thats cool. i guess you have to grab onto something during a losing season. :boxing:

atleast youre (yinz) are better than the ravens so far! :cool:

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-07-2005, 08:34 PM
The whole team is my concern. They are not gelling together like last year.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-08-2005, 11:34 PM
My biggest concern is the offensive line....they are the reason Ben is injured....I must say i have never seen our OL play so sloppy. They need to step up and protect ben....watch the games. 3step drop and there are guys in his face...
Fix the OL. our passing game picks up....the running game picks up and our defense gets plenty of rest on the sideline to stop thoes 3rd down plays.

Suitanim
11-08-2005, 11:41 PM

You should be proud. Spelling and grammar are hard when you are mentally challenged. I bet you get a lot of nice awards for your efforts at the Browns board you post at, Corky.

I.C. Lights
11-08-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm not too worried about injuries, b/c they're bound to happen and they're happening at the right time. As long as we're healthy for the playoffs.

My concern is the same as it was at the beginning of the season: the OL... yes, the third down situation sucks, but I believe a big part of that is the OL. Just my $.02

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2005, 12:15 AM
The OL is a huge concern..not so much that they cant do the job, but that the consistency week in and week out isnt there.. very odd for a Russ Grimm coached OL.

You gotta think though, that all the RB changes have affected it some because each one is a different style runner..but still the OL has to gain consistency.

24seven
11-09-2005, 12:16 AM

Still living in the past.. get over it.. I think 5 of 6 W's in our column has let us forget dwelling on an injury back in the early 80's.. What was that like 20 some years ago?? I think we can let that one go what do you think guys... .. But back to reality.. The OL deffinitely has softened.. Last year Ben had a ton of time to move around but this year he's almost got no room to scramble even if he catches the heat early.. The 2ndary is scary to watch especially when the other teams mistakes are the only cause for a punt.. What's gonna happen when we face Peyton or better yet.. Bradey (if they even make it to the playoffs) when we face them??
Peyton will pick our guys apart.. We can't rely on Troy all the time.. I say let the guys chill on the blitzes and let them stay at home for a change.. There's to many gaps in the field. I've watched the GB game 3 times now and there's plays with not a Steeler around for 5-10 yards.. Tighten the Sh!t up!!! Injuries are inevitable so to avoid them is impossible. So basically OL and 2ndary scares me.. Other than that I love my Steelers and pray to God they make the super bowl THIS year.. ....as I have for the past 25 years..