PDA

View Full Version : Rev. Wright Slams Fox News, O'Reilly

Jeremy
04-14-2008, 11:19 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/wright_fox_news_oreilly/2008/04/13/87636.html

Rev. Wright Slams Fox News, O'Reilly

Sunday, April 13, 2008 9:57 PM

Article Font Size

This weekend, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright made his first comments since his public sermons made national headlines.

He came out swinging, once again attacking the United States for racism. He also singled out Fox News for criticism.

Speaking Saturday at a eulogy for former appellate Judge R. Eugene Pincham, a member of Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ, Wright blamed the Founding Fathers for the woes of blacks today, claiming they ?planted slavery and white supremacy in the DNA of this republic.?

Wright cited Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who recently said the country has a ?congenital birth defect? owing to its constitutional acceptance of slavery.

Wright also described Thomas Jefferson as having engaged in ?pedophilia.?

But his most heated comments were targeted at Fox News, which he called "Fix News."

?Fox News can?t understand that,? Wright exclaimed. ?[Bill] O?Reilly will never get that. Sean Hannity?s stupid fantasy will keep him forever stuck on stupid when it comes to comprehending how you can love a brother who does not believe what you believe. [Pincham?s] faith was a faith in a God who loved the whole world not just one country or one creed.?

Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, a member of Wright's church, has distanced himself from some of Wright's comments but refuses to condemn his former pastor or resign from the church.

? 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

fansince'76
04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Wright cited Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who recently said the country has a “congenital birth defect” owing to its constitutional acceptance of slavery.

News to me....

Amendment 13 - Slavery Abolished. Ratified 12/6/1865.

1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

13th Amendment (http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am13)

Jeremy
04-14-2008, 11:40 AM
I had a black professor in college who used to talk about slavery quite a bit. He was the first person to open my eyes to the fact that white slave traders almost never went more than a mile inland in to Africa because African tribes would often raid each other for the purpose of capturing people to sell to the slave traders.

Even today, it's shocking to me how many people still think that white slave traders would go in to the African interior to capture slaves.

We won't be able to have an honest conversation about slavery in this country until we can all agree on the facts surrounding the practice.

Dino 6 Rings
04-14-2008, 12:11 PM
I had a black professor in college who used to talk about slavery quite a bit. He was the first person to open my eyes to the fact that white slave traders almost never went more than a mile inland in to Africa because African tribes would often raid each other for the purpose of capturing people to sell to the slave traders.

Even today, it's shocking to me how many people still think that white slave traders would go in to the African interior to capture slaves.

We won't be able to have an honest conversation about slavery in this country until we can all agree on the facts surrounding the practice.

Agreed. get rid of the emotions of it, and discuss it on the actual facts. The history of slavery in the US is tiny compared to the history of slavery that existed, and still to this day, exists in African and Arabian nations.

millwalldavey
04-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Agreed. get rid of the emotions of it, and discuss it on the actual facts. The history of slavery in the US is tiny compared to the history of slavery that existed, and still to this day, exists in African and Arabian nations.

Not to mention in many remote places of the former USSR

Dino 6 Rings
04-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Not to mention in many remote places of the former USSR

No kidding, Czeck Republic is a horrible place, slavery (prostitution) is rampant.

millwalldavey
04-14-2008, 09:45 PM
No kidding, Czeck Republic is a horrible place, slavery (prostitution) is rampant.

Georgia and the "stans" are horrid as well.

NJarhead
04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
News to me....

13th Amendment (http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am13)

I'm with you FS76. The only reason slavery wasn't abolished from day one is because the southern states wouldn't come on board. The ploy was to unite at what ever cost first, then target slavery once the U.S. won the revolution and got on it's feet. It took roughly 90 years, but it remained on the agenda the entire time. Wright is wrong. :wink02:

revefsreleets
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Obama made a strategic mistake by not leaving that church earlier. This is another thing that will haunt him, maybe sooner (The Clinton attack machine knows no boundaries), maybe later (McCain can use it if he needs to, but it's a little sleazy...this kind of low-blow has Bill and Hillary written all over it).

X-Terminator
04-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Unless Obama shuts this idiot up and speaks out against him, he ultimately will end up costing him the nomination. You just know Hillary and Co. are going to jump all over this - anything to give her the edge.

steelwall
04-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Wanna know about racism???? Come live in China.... I've endured blatent racism from government officials and police, not to mention the idiots that think I don't know Chinese, when I'm out with my wife. (who is Chinese and I'm white)

One reason I never been in so many fist fights in my life than the 3 or so years I've lived here. (won them all btw)

I have been to many other countries as well ...... Current racism in the US (on a scale of 1-10)...4 TOPS ..... 90% of the other countries I've been to .... 8

Sometimes it's hard to fathom that we ( the US have probably the most diverse array of races that are currently rather peacefull than any other country in the world )

Racism will surely allways exist in the minds of some, but perhaps the media, or idiots like this guy makes the US out to be like Nazi Germany... When in fact, compared to other countries....ahhhh...forget it..