PDA

View Full Version : Alicia Keys: 'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other

Jeremy
04-14-2008, 02:55 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350916,00.html

NEW YORK ? There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist.

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin"' and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.

tony hipchest
04-14-2008, 03:07 PM
thats nothing. country music was created to get people to eat more heart clogging beef, and drive more gas guzzling pick ups (while drunk offa beer).

but alicia is hot. aint nothing like a girl you can dress down for a stroll through the ghetto, or dress up for an evening at the opera.

Dino 6 Rings
04-14-2008, 03:12 PM
60s music was made to get people to take drugs!!!

Dang Beatles!!! No wonder LSD was so popular! (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)

And Disco was made to get people without talent onto the dance floor!!!

Jeremy
04-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Killing who dead is what I want to know.

tony hipchest
04-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Killing who dead is what I want to know.

The Man. you know..."whitey".

i guess she can blame the man when she gets jacked rollin through the hood at 2 am in her r. royce, and has that purty chunk of gold snatched from her neck.

and if pac and bigs were considered "leaders" of anything other than record sales, then perhaps them offing themselves over a skank (faith evans) was doing their followers a favor.

maybe lil kim or flava flav can take the reigns.

millwalldavey
04-14-2008, 04:53 PM
I guarantee Ive read more Black Panther biographies than she did... but don't wanna "kill em dead".

I don't know... i think there is some validity to what she is thinking, but if they were truly meant to be leaders of their people, I would think that the music they produce would carry more of an empowering message for the people rather than infighting, violence and videos show all the stuff they have.

If one of these people realized the power of thier voice and used it for empowerment, there would be a revolution in this country.

X-Terminator
04-16-2008, 01:00 AM
When all else fails and you need a scapegoat for all of your society's problems, blame it on "The Man." :shake02:

It's crap like this that will continue to feed the black stereotype. Good job, Alicia!

Edman
04-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Blames Gangsta Rap and "The Man" but then insists on toting AK-47 jewelry and boasts about killing the "whities". Brilliant Alicia. You're really empowering Black people and shedding the negative Black stereotypes with that crap.

Yet another embarrassment against the black race.

Rhee Rhee
04-16-2008, 02:36 AM
thats nothing. country music was created to get people to eat more heart clogging beef, and drive more gas guzzling pick ups (while drunk offa beer).

but alicia is hot. aint nothing like a girl you can dress down for a stroll through the ghetto, or dress up for an evening at the opera.

:applaudit: funny!!!

if it's of any relevance alicia keys has the same b-day as me... :wink:

tony hipchest
04-16-2008, 07:01 PM
and now, from somebody much more intelligent and maybe not as relevant (these days)....

bill cosby is putting out a hip-hop album.

from "picture pages" to buying his tapes (not 8-tracks) as a kid, all the way to "the cosby show" i still respect just about anything he does to this day.

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/entertainment.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-04-16-0014.html

millwalldavey
04-16-2008, 08:16 PM
"picture pages picture pages, now its time for picture pages, time to get your crayons and your pencils.....!"

uhhh. sorry.