PDA

View Full Version : This is the year

Browns_Rule
04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
I don't what you guys think but I don't think the steelers beat the browns this year, I think this is our year to win the division.

ShutDown24
04-14-2008, 03:33 PM
And so was last year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before than... Every year since 99 has been "The year". We'll see the same exact thread next year :rolleyes:

The Duke
04-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't what you guys think but I don't think the steelers beat the browns this year, I think this is our year to win the division.

because???...

Derek anderson showed his true colors by the end of the season. if he continues to struggle will brady quinn save the browns? who knows, he hasn't proved anything yet

the steelers finally have an average center, that will stabilize the line and let ben kill the browns secondary. though the additions of rogers and williams will make it hard to run on the browns

it's going to be fun watching the two teams going against each other this season, but there's nothing so far that says the browns will beat the steelers. when was the last win? 2003 right? :flap:

millwalldavey
04-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I'll beleive it when I see it

PisnNapalm
04-14-2008, 03:59 PM

I think that "Steelers" is a proper noun and should have a capital "S" at the beginning. I really don't care if you capitalize browns or not.

I also think the Browns should give Quinn a shot. Anderson is decent but he's not the future of your franchise.

MACH1
04-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Not gonna happen this year...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/steelersfan80_2006/1z224om.jpg

:chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Everyone knows, the Steelers are the true force in the AFC North, and that the other teams are simply trying to de-thrown US every single season.

Browns are a cute little team though. Good luck.

Lord Stiller
04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Steelers have been better than the Browns for nearly 20 straight seasons

not gonna change anytime soon

BettisFan
04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
http://zuccarell.com/images/browns%20suck.jpg

ummmm no sorry there will never be a year for the clowns

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-14-2008, 05:23 PM
You pansies made improvements but your still pansies............

HometownGal
04-14-2008, 05:57 PM

You don't know what we think? This is a Steelers board. :toofunny:

How many years has it been since the Browns beat the Steelers? :coffee: I'd bet more on Romeo scrapping the Krispy Kremes and losing 20 lbs. this season than I would on the Browns taking the AFCN.

BettisFan
04-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Browns went ever get past 2nd, we will always be there to ocupy the first spot!

SteelCityMan786
04-14-2008, 07:34 PM

When the Browns win 11 games then talk to me. But that won't be happening. :coffee:

rbryan
04-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Gotta disagree, Romeo will never give up Krispy Kremes.

Browns are due. Too much parity to assume they will never win the division again.

I don't think it's this year though. Browns drop back into the pack 7-9, three way tie with the bunglers and rats, but another 2nd place finish!! Romeo gets another ext

TheWarDen86
04-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I think that "Steelers" is a proper noun and should have a capital "S" at the beginning. I really don't care if you capitalize browns or not.

:rofl: :drink: :tt02:

millwalldavey
04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
this is the season... the Browns finish behind the Steelers.

Oh wait a minute... they're used to that.

Preacher
04-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Hey.. Give the guy props...

He found the right forum to post this in. How many Browns fans can do that?

Heck... we even have a brown dog that has a hard time finding his way in!!!

:rofl:

Hey... TBD... :poke:

TheWarDen86
04-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Are the Browns even the best football team in Cleveland? :rofl:

Preacher
04-14-2008, 09:32 PM

You know...

you do have a point there.

lilyoder6
04-14-2008, 09:51 PM
yeah the steelers are always on top.. then what happened in 05 when the bengals won the division????

u can say all u want but u know that the browns will give a race 4 ur money this yr 4 the title.. do i think the browns will win the division no. they'll be a 2nd place team.. and maybe wild card.

steelwall
04-15-2008, 12:24 AM
A few words of advice......lay off the crack man....

Galax Steeler
04-15-2008, 03:56 AM
The browns suck and will always suck hind tit.

stlrtruck
04-15-2008, 07:19 AM

If it wasn't for the Miami of Ohio University, they pretty well might be...I mean look at the competition...

OSU (you're kidding me right)
cincinnati (jailhouse rock)
cleveland (it's the closest thing to a football team ohio has)

Dino 6 Rings
04-15-2008, 08:30 AM
yeah the steelers are always on top.. then what happened in 05 when the bengals won the division????

u can say all u want but u know that the browns will give a race 4 ur money this yr 4 the title.. do i think the browns will win the division no. they'll be a 2nd place team.. and maybe wild card.

05, oh when we had the same record but they got the home game in the Playoffs and we had to beat them on their own field, again, that 05?

Seriously...The Steelers have the most AFC North/Central titles, the most AFC Titles, the Most SB rings. The Steelers are the Power, and the others try to beat us every year. The Ravens aren't worried about the Browns, the Bengals aren't worried about the Ravens and the Browns...well they worry about everyone...Its all about beating the Steelers, year in and year out.

lilyoder6
04-15-2008, 10:41 AM
trust i know.. but someone posted that the steelers are always on top.. but in 05 and in 06 we were 2nd.. kinda of hard to say that we are always on top when were won the division once in 3 yrs..... but lets go steelers...

did anyone watch nfl live yesterday.. they had jones on there and the ppl on the show said basically were horrible and that the browns/ ravens will win the division next yr..

Dino 6 Rings
04-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Here's my point. If the AFC North/Central was a Mountain...then the Steelers are King of that Mountain. Our Flag is on the Peak. Then another team comes along, one year, like the Bengals, they climb our mountain and Put their flag in the place of ours. Then we have to go, take down their flag and put ours back up. Then the Ravens come, and they take down our flag and put their flag up, then we have to climb back up and tear their's down and put ours back up. The other teams aren't trying to knock each other off the mountain as much as they are, trying to knock off the True Kings of the Mountain. The Steelers.

verks36
04-15-2008, 11:29 AM
WOW this same thing happens every year and guess what

IT NEVER HAPPENS

verks36
04-15-2008, 11:33 AM
also some stuff to add I was watching NFL live last night at 1 in the morning. ( ya i couldnt sleep)

the question was will the Steelers win the afc north
-Both anylist said that the steelers did 2 little during the offseason and the browns did so much that it will be impossible for the steelers to win the AFC north crown and that are team has a false perception that we are tough be in realality we arent

-MJD or better known as maurice Jones drew said that he thinks Baltimore will win the AFC north. I always take players who are actually playin the team and know first hand opinions above some lame nfl anylsit

CB1977
04-15-2008, 12:01 PM
If it wasn't for the Miami of Ohio University, they pretty well might be...I mean look at the competition...

OSU (you're kidding me right)
You're kidding ME right?!

cincinnati (jailhouse rock) Agree...basement dwellers.

cleveland (it's the closest thing to a football team ohio has)

I know we keep saying this year after year after year....but I think this year, the rivalry between the Browns and the steelers will be the best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!

BettisFan
04-15-2008, 02:10 PM
also some stuff to add I was watching NFL live last night at 1 in the morning. ( ya i couldnt sleep)

the question was will the Steelers win the afc north
-Both anylist said that the steelers did 2 little during the offseason and the browns did so much that it will be impossible for the steelers to win the AFC north crown and that are team has a false perception that we are tough be in realality we arent

-MJD or better known as maurice Jones drew said that he thinks Baltimore will win the AFC north. I always take players who are actually playin the team and know first hand opinions above some lame nfl anylsit

All the respect that i had for MJD is now gone, thats weak lol ratbirds... hahahaha :hatsoff:

stlrtruck
04-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Can't wait!

No I wasn't joking about OSU, I really think they've become a laugher - sorta like how I look at FSU...they field good teams but there is something that cries, "lack of class".

Can't put my finger on it but there's a BIG RED FLAG that pops up when I hear people talk about them.

revefsreleets
04-15-2008, 07:22 PM
OSU? They made the NC game in a clear rebuilding year...117 other teams didn't...and there are 117 other fanbases filled with hatahs...it's okay, though. We'll get another one soon.

CB1977
04-15-2008, 07:53 PM
No I wasn't joking about OSU, I really think they've become a laugher - sorta like how I look at FSU...they field good teams but there is something that cries, "lack of class".

Can't put my finger on it but there's a BIG RED FLAG that pops up when I hear people talk about them.

Make that a big SCARLET (and grey) flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilyoder6
04-15-2008, 09:23 PM
in a clear rebuilding yr?? they had there def still intact and only lost there qb and wr's... and last yr w/ the rankings was crazy.... but 2 chokes in 2 yrs.. does not look good

SteelersMongol
04-16-2008, 02:24 AM

Poor b*st*rds. :rofl:

stlrtruck
04-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Make that a big SCARLET (and grey) flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSU? They made the NC game in a clear rebuilding year...117 other teams didn't...and there are 117 other fanbases filled with hatahs...it's okay, though. We'll get another one soon.

And they got smoked for it. I honestly believe, like FSU, their mystique is giving them voting they haven't deserved.

As for the flag being Scarlett - NEVER!!! There are two things I use scarlett and gray material - ONE is to wipe my arse and the other is to clean my rims!

revefsreleets
04-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes, a rebuilding year.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/708495.html

http://media.www.dailyillini.com/media/storage/paper736/news/2007/10/15/Sports/Undefeated.Buckeyes.Earn.No.1.Rank.In.Rebuilding.Y ear-3031349.shtml

http://www.massillonindependent.com/index.php?ID=24707&Category=2

Incidentally, MAD props to Tennessee...they are the one and only SEC powerhouse team that answered OSU's calls to play a home/away series with the Buckeyes.

memphissteelergirl
04-16-2008, 09:11 AM

Uhhh-huh....yeah. Good luck with that, Skippy!

I admit on paper the Browns made some pretty good acquisitions and they just may give the Steelers a bit more of a tussle...but just barely. Steelers take the division yet again.

revefsreleets
04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
I was surprised to see all the love the Browns received. They have 3 MNF games, a Thursday and a Sunday NIght (I think) and they play a bunch of 4 o'clock games. In fact, I think they only have like 3 1 o'clock Sunday games on their whole schedule.

CB1977
04-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm excited about our schedule this year!! I can't remember the last time we actually got to play in a Monday night football game!!!

I hope we prove ourselves worthy....

tony hipchest
04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
I can't remember the last time we actually got to play in a Monday night football game!!!

.... wasnt it a 43-0 week one beatdown by the steelers in 1999 to mark the browns historic return to the nfl? :tt02:

or was that a sunday night espn game?

CB1977
04-16-2008, 12:53 PM
LOL...not sure. I try to forget games like those!!!

stlrtruck
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
LOL...not sure. I try to forget games like those!!!

How do you forget so much? :sofunny:

revefsreleets
04-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Maybe the "Christmas Eve Massacre", 41-0 in '05? That may have been a Sunday though.

BettisFan
04-16-2008, 04:00 PM
man oh man do the clowns just have it coming, these fans think they can beat us out lol foolish

CB1977
04-17-2008, 02:41 PM
man oh man do the clowns just have it coming, these fans think they can beat us out lol foolish

Bettis? If I didn't think or say that the Browns can (or will) beat the steelers, then what kind of Browns fan would that make me???? And, where did I say recently that the Browns are going to beat the steelers? Give me some credit here...I'm just a diehard Browns fan just as much as you are to your steelers. Besides, I'm pumped at the big night game we have with you guys at CBS. Should be a good one!
:drink:

stlrtruck
04-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Bettis? If I didn't think or say that the Browns can (or will) beat the steelers, then what kind of Browns fan would that make me???? And, where did I say recently that the Browns are going to beat the steelers? Give me some credit here...I'm just a diehard Browns fan just as much as you are to your steelers. Besides, I'm pumped at the big night game we have with you guys at CBS. Should be a good one!

Well then you'd be a patriots* fan :toofunny:

I'd question your fanhood if you didn't think the clowns, sorry the browns, couldn't win the division :rofl: but the thought does make me laugh (that might be because I'm a Steelers fan).

:flap:

MACH1
04-17-2008, 05:45 PM

A texans fan, oops a parkerfan, wait a bettisfan. :sofunny:

TheWarDen86
04-17-2008, 06:04 PM
A texans fan, oops a parkerfan, wait a bettisfan. :sofunny:

:laughing:
CB1977 may not get that.

The Patriot
04-17-2008, 09:09 PM
The Browns suck. But so do the Steelers. I think I'll watch the WMBA instead.

BettisFan
04-17-2008, 09:20 PM

:kick: :applaudit: just leave.....

TheWarDen86
04-17-2008, 09:36 PM

How many SB's have the Patriots won? When was the last one? But hey, as far as I know the WNBA is an HONEST sport.

MACH1
04-17-2008, 09:39 PM

How bout them GIANTS....Ely > tommygirl

stlrtruck
04-18-2008, 07:19 AM
How many SB's have the Patriots won? When was the last one? But hey, as far as I know the WNBA is an HONEST sport.

Shouldn't that question be stated as:

"How many SB's have the patriots* won without the use of video tapes?" :drink:

CB1977
04-18-2008, 08:52 AM

Then watch it.

By the way, for you to say the Browns suck is your own (sick) opinion but, when you come into a steelers forum and say that the steelers suck, is just asking for trouble.

As much as I am not a steeler fan, I am welcome on their board and I respect them. But, then again, we all know that anyone that has anything to do with the Pats, have no respect or class whatsoever, so I suppose you are excused.

One more thing...your avatar sucks. Just thought I'd share that with you as well.

BettisFan
04-18-2008, 09:06 AM
ehhhh i hate pats fans

fansince'76
04-18-2008, 09:10 AM
How bout them GIANTS....Ely > tommygirl

Pursuant to that: Coughlin > Belicheat.

Greatest Team Ever* = massively overhyped cheating fraud.

CB1977
04-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Well then you'd be a patriots* fan :toofunny:

I'd question your fanhood if you didn't think the clowns, sorry the browns, couldn't win the division :rofl: but the thought does make me laugh (that might be because I'm a Steelers fan).
:flap:

Ya think? :wink02:

Dino 6 Rings
04-18-2008, 11:57 AM

Read My Signature Please. Then talk to me about Sucking.

Dino 6 Rings
04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Patriots are a cute little team, tied with the Redskins, Raiders, Giants, and Packers for Superbowl Wins. How Adorable.

revefsreleets
04-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Getting back on topic, every year since 1959, the fans in Cleveland say at the beginning of the season (Be it the Browns, the Tribe or the Cavs) "This is the year".

At the end of every single one of those seasons, they say "Maybe next year".

I see no reason to think that anything is going to change about that in 2008....or 2009.

lilyoder6
04-18-2008, 12:22 PM
i think the browns could be a wildcard team.. but playing the nfc east is going to be hard 4 evry team in our division... but we have a couple of reunion tours this yr 4 the steelers

we get to play against.... plaxico, randle el, and chris hope...

HometownGal
04-18-2008, 01:43 PM

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/04/manning3333.jpg

:crying01::crying01::crying01:

Preacher
04-18-2008, 03:59 PM

:rofl:

A picture is worth a thousand words... A picture and smiley? ten thousand.

lilyoder6
04-18-2008, 04:15 PM
i wondered how the pats felt at the owner's meetings when the nfl films did a clip of the 07 yr.. and they saw themselves on the brink of history and choke horribley... :sofunny:

SteelersMongol
04-19-2008, 01:59 AM

These are the times that try men's souls. The bandwagon fan and the Patriot player will, in this crisis, shrink from the service for the city; but he that stands by it now, still deserves the shame and hatred of man and woman ---Thomas Paine, February 3, 2008.

Brady s*cks. So do the Cheatriots. 3 tainted SBs. Yeah, U better stop watching football.

Hey, mods! Isn't it about time that V get "Patriots suck" smiley sign on our smiley list?

Preacher
04-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Hey, mods! Isn't it about time that V get "Patriots suck" smiley sign on our smiley list?

Now there is a question for the mods!!

Galax Steeler
04-19-2008, 06:27 AM

:laughing::laughing:

silver & black
04-19-2008, 08:23 PM
No I wasn't joking about OSU, I really think they've become a laugher - sorta like how I look at FSU...they field good teams but there is something that cries, "lack of class".Can't put my finger on it but there's a BIG RED FLAG that pops up when I hear people talk about them.

Care to elaborate?

Tressel is nothing but class, and the team reflects this.

silver & black
04-19-2008, 08:26 PM
in a clear rebuilding yr?? they had there def still intact and only lost there qb and wr's... and last yr w/ the rankings was crazy.... but 2 chokes in 2 yrs.. does not look good

That may be, but they weren't even considered to be contenders for the NC untill this year (2008). 2 chokes in 2 years does suck, but... they made the NC 2 years in a row, one of which wasn't expected.

silver & black
04-19-2008, 08:31 PM

Hows the patent coming on 19-errr............ never mind! :rofl:

tony hipchest
04-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by The Patriot
I think I'll watch the WMBA instead.hell, why dont you try out? im sure you could make a team.

MACH1
04-20-2008, 01:47 AM
hell, why dont you try out? im sure you could make a team.

They only take woman not little girls.

HometownGal
04-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Now there is a question for the mods!!

I sent your request to Mike. I think that's a great suggestion! :drink:

SteelersFever
04-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Brady s*cks. So do the Cheatriots. 3 tainted SBs. Yeah, U better stop watching football.

What .... ? You mean this thing .... :sign11: :rofl:

SteelersMongol
04-20-2008, 01:45 PM
What .... ? You mean this thing .... :sign11: :rofl:

I LOVE IT. :tt02: THANKS.

HometownGal
04-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Oooooo! Thanks Mike! :drink:

:sign11::sign11::sign11::sign11:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-20-2008, 03:20 PM
:sign11:I like it

BettisFan
04-20-2008, 04:19 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/sign11.gif
AMAZING!!

lilyoder6
04-20-2008, 06:35 PM
so nice.. the best one yet

BettisFan
04-20-2008, 09:44 PM
honestly that made my day

Galax Steeler
04-21-2008, 04:21 AM
Hell yea.:sign11::sign11::sign11::sign11::sign11::sign1 1::sign11::sign11::sign11:

memphissteelergirl
04-21-2008, 03:51 PM
:sign11:

Hehe....niiice!

stlrtruck
04-22-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure I quite understand what everyone has been saying...but is it this:

HometownGal
04-22-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure I quite understand what everyone has been saying...but is it this:

I'm hoping we can put our new toy to a ton of use this season!

:sign11::sign11::sign11::sign11:

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2008, 11:32 AM

I Wanted in on the fun...

Stlrs4Life
05-01-2008, 05:58 PM

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::bla h:

I hear it all the time from Clown fans at work. The old wait till next year theme also. If the tables were turned, and they were kicking our butts, I would be smart enough to keep my mouth shut.

Remember 1 thing: The Browns envy us, they want what we have, and want to be like us. It isn't the other way around. Put yourselves in there shoes. That City hasn't won any championship since 1964.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-01-2008, 06:51 PM

I look at this once a day just to get a laugh............Honestly...........it makes my day!:applaudit:

revefsreleets
05-02-2008, 08:03 AM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::bla h:

Remember 1 thing: The Browns envy us, they want what we have, and want to be like us. It isn't the other way around. Put yourselves in there shoes. That City hasn't won any championship since 1964.

That's not true. They won an Indoor Soccer Championship (cough cough) with the Cleveland Force.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Elvis
05-02-2008, 04:56 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02:
The AFC North Belongs to the Pittsburgh Steelers and that is my final answer!!!
:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

HughC
06-05-2008, 11:57 AM

I hear it all the time from Clown fans at work. The old wait till next year theme also. If the tables were turned, and they were kicking our butts, I would be smart enough to keep my mouth shut.

Funny, I have a loud mouthed Clown fan at work too. Always putting down every other fan's team. Guy must be a masochist because it's so easy to come back at him,considering Cleveland has won no championships in any sport in his lifetime.

Preacher
06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Hey...

I just realized this sign existed... did you all know.. :sign11:

j-dawg
06-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know if I can claim to be the oldest posting Browns fan on this site, but I'd be remiss to not address the new dawgs up in here. PLEASE don't proclaim my favorite teams superiority in here. You'll just sound silly. It's okay if you'd like to express your excitment of the POSSIBLE improvement the Browns will have coming into this season, of the serious contention the Browns may make in this division, even how sweet it may be to actually witness a Browns 3-4 defense being able to blitz and pressure the quarterback this year.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! Training camp hasn't even started! You all remember the 6-10 season we had, how the following year Bentley was going to anchor the O-line, how the Browns might get 8-9 wins that year? How many wins we get that season? Ohhh... I remember... 4. :mad:

I'm already apprehensive 'cause Tucker won't be playing at all in preseason... that worries me more than the Holly injury. Do I think the Browns have a chance in this division, making the playoffs... HELL YEAH! Do I think we're going to dominate any team, yet alone the ONE team that's beaten us so many times I can't remember how much gas cost the last time we beat them? HELL NO! We didn't dominate any team last year, so why would any Browns fan think we'll sweep the Steelers this year?

When the Browns lost to the Steelers in Pittsburgh last year, after coming into the second half with a decent lead, a Steelers fan proclaimed after the game.... "Same 'ol Browns". It absolutely broiled my blood... 'cause there was nothing I could say but "yep". I couldn't say, "with the exception of the first game, we've been in every game this season"... 'cause it didn't matter, they couldn't close out the game. Until my BELOVED BROWNS actually rout a team in the NFL I will remain optimistic.... certainly not as cautiously optimistic as years past... but a logical optimistic just the same.

Stop jinxing the season FOOLS by proclaiming things that you have no logical reason to proclaim!!! :banging:

Go BROWNS!!!

end rant.

stillers4me
06-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't know if I can claim to be the oldest posting Browns fan on this site, but I'd be remiss to not address the new dawgs up in here. PLEASE don't proclaim my favorite teams superiority in here. You'll just sound silly. It's okay if you'd like to express your excitment of the POSSIBLE improvement the Browns will have coming into this season, of the serious contention the Browns may make in this division, even how sweet it may be to actually witness a Browns 3-4 defense being able to blitz and pressure the quarterback this year.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! Training camp hasn't even started! You all remember the 6-10 season we had, how the following year Bentley was going to anchor the O-line, how the Browns might get 8-9 wins that year? How many wins we get that season? Ohhh... I remember... 4. :mad:

I'm already apprehensive 'cause Tucker won't be playing at all in preseason... that worries me more than the Holly injury. Do I think the Browns have a chance in this division, making the playoffs... HELL YEAH! Do I think we're going to dominate any team, yet alone the ONE team that's beaten us so many times I can't remember how much gas cost the last time we beat them? HELL NO! We didn't dominate any team last year, so why would any Browns fan think we'll sweep the Steelers this year?

When the Browns lost to the Steelers in Pittsburgh last year, after coming into the second half with a decent lead, a Steelers fan proclaimed after the game.... "Same 'ol Browns". It absolutely broiled my blood... 'cause there was nothing I could say but "yep". I couldn't say, "with the exception of the first game, we've been in every game this season"... 'cause it didn't matter, they couldn't close out the game. Until my BELOVED BROWNS actually rout a team in the NFL I will remain optimistic.... certainly not as cautiously optimistic as years past... but a logical optimistic just the same.

Stop jinxing the season FOOLS by proclaiming things that you have no logical reason to proclaim!!! :banging:

Go BROWNS!!!

end rant.

jdawg....you're a wise man. To you and your team, I wish good luck.

You're gonna need it. :chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
06-05-2008, 07:14 PM

Go BROWNS!!!

end rant.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

This is why I respect you CB, you have COMMON SENSE and can actually TALK FOOTBALL.

You know that the house you are visiting is a Steelers MB and that your coming into hostile territory. These other bozo's seem amazed that we don't agree with them like they are on a Browns MB.

If they want to have their ideas of granduer agreed with, I'd suggest that they visit one of the Cleveland Browns message boards.

Stlrs4Life
06-08-2008, 09:54 PM

Go to bed, I hear your mommy calling you.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Go to bed, I hear your mommy calling you.

Ah yes, the Yer Mommy jokes.

Something that got old..around...6th grade :)

RoethlisBURGHer
06-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Ah yes, the Yer Mommy jokes.

Something that got old..around...6th grade :)

Old, but still funny.

Yo momma armpits so hairy, it looks like she's got Buckweat in a headlock!

Yo momma so fat, she sat on a rainbow and skittles popped out!

Yeah, way back in the day when a Yo Momma joke was fightin words.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Old, but still funny.

Yo momma so fat, she sat on a rainbow and skittles popped out!

Yeah, way back in the day when a Yo Momma joke was fightin words.

Hehe. Classics right there.
:thumbsup: :sofunny:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-08-2008, 11:52 PM
http://www.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2006/0110/photo/miserynfl.jpg

How Browns fans have been feeling for the past 9 or so years. :D

So forgive us for being even the teensy bit optimistic.

Dodt
06-09-2008, 12:25 AM
the browns will win the super bowl , it will be fashionable for presidents of this country to have facial hair again , George w bush will become a member of mensa, cuba will become the 52th state , canada will invade alaska .

what are things that will never happen alex

i'll continue with when hell freezes over for $600.

Galax Steeler
06-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Old, but still funny.

:toofunny::toofunny:

jmk1977
06-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I'll give you that you have improved but you really need a
MIRACLE to win the division this year or any.
Browns still suck feel the STEEL!!!!!!!!!!!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-10-2008, 09:59 PM
I'll give you that you have improved but you really need a
MIRACLE to win the division this year or any.
Browns still suck feel the STEEL!!!!!!!!!!!

Your mom felt the steel if you know what I mean ;)

Just playin' bro.

HughC
06-14-2008, 02:53 PM
The Curse of Paul Brown shall remain intact for yet another year over all pro football teams in Ohio.

j-dawg
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
The Curse of Paul Brown shall remain intact for yet another year over all pro football teams in Ohio.

funny how paul brown kicked the steelers butts up and down the field every year! :flap:

HughC
06-14-2008, 03:47 PM
funny how paul brown kicked the steelers butts up and down the field every year! :flap:

Very true, but what has happened to the team ever since Art Modell thought he could find a better coach than Brown? The team has been cursed ever since!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-15-2008, 12:12 AM

Wouldn't that count for TOSU (won national championships with Hayes and Tressell) and Massilon Tigers as well, as he coached them as well?

RoethlisBURGHer
06-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Wouldn't that count for TOSU (won national championships with Hayes and Tressell) and Massilon Tigers as well, as he coached them as well?

He said pro teams. Last I checked Ohio State was college and Massilon was high school. Though Massilon could have probally beat the Dolphins last year.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-15-2008, 01:41 PM
He said pro teams. Last I checked Ohio State was college and Massilon was high school. Though Massilon could have probally beat the Dolphins last year.

True...but I'm just saying he would've probably cursed all of the teams if that was the case.

Last time I checked he had a very good relationship with the Bungals for the rest of his life. and it wasn't so much he hated Cleveland (We loved him here and vice versa.), and moreso to do with Modell being an A-hole to him and firing him.

silver & black
06-15-2008, 09:06 PM

Wow! Someone knows about the Massillon Tigers!? Born and raised in Masssillon, and graduated form Washington High School...GO TIGERS!

silver & black
06-15-2008, 09:08 PM

Umm............... I don't think so. Worst year in a long time for the Tigers.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow! Someone knows about the Massillon Tigers!? Born and raised in Masssillon, and graduated form Washington High School...GO TIGERS!

Hehe..GO UNIONTOWN LAKE BLUE STREAKS! WOOT! I'm alumni of them and boy did we beat the tar outta McKinley this year. :flap:

silver & black
06-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Hehe..GO UNIONTOWN LAKE BLUE STREAKS! WOOT! I'm alumni of them and boy did we beat the tar outta McKinley this year. :flap:

Uniontown huh?...cool.

McKinley had about the same kind of year Massillon did... way below standards for them.

revefsreleets
06-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Sports Illustrated has done articles on Massillon, I think they are regulars in USA Today, and HBO has done at least one documentary about the football program. It's practically the cradle of football!

silver & black
06-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Sports Illustrated has done articles on Massillon, I think they are regulars in USA Today, and HBO has done at least one documentary about the football program. It's practically the cradle of football!

Growing up in Masillon, and being raised with the tradition of the Tigers, it is very strange to go to other high school football games and see only a few hundred spectators. Massillon consistently fills it's stadium with 10,000 - 15,000 people on any given Friday. Massillon lives, eats and breaths football... to the point that is almost at the expense of other school programs, unfortunately.

revefsreleets
06-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Eh, McKinley does okay for themselves too, especially lately. Not a bad gig playing home games in the HOF stadium. Ohio football doesn't get the respect it deserves on this board, but that's fine. The rest of the country does a good job acknowledging it. Kirk Herbstreit has done a lot too, organizing match-ups between the best Ohio programs and the top programs from the rest of the country.

http://www.ohiovsusa.com/matchups2007/matchups2007.html

silver & black
06-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Eh, McKinley does okay for themselves too, especially lately. Not a bad gig playing home games in the HOF stadium. Ohio football doesn't get the respect it deserves on this board, but that's fine. The rest of the country does a good job acknowledging it. Kirk Herbstreit has done a lot too, organizing match-ups between the best Ohio programs and the top programs from the rest of the country.

http://www.ohiovsusa.com/matchups2007/matchups2007.html

I should have included McKinley in there. They have as rich and long a history as Massillon does. This next season will be the 117 meeting between the two schools.

GBMelBlount
06-17-2008, 07:01 AM
I lived in Canton in the late 80's. Had some good friends in Massillon and went to some of their games. Absolutely crazy....tradition indeed.