PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Rivalries

DACEB
04-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I really hope we pound the crap out of Jax. this year. This has become just as much of a physical rivalry as we have with the Ravens.

M. Jones-Drew was on NFL Live jawing about how the Steelers don't have the weapons on offense to get the job done. He went on to say that he believes the Ravens will win the division, explaining that his pals on the Ravens have been jawing about reclaiming the division.

Not enough weapons on offense, who the hell do they have? Ben, Ward, Holmes, Parker and Miller = no weapons??

I consider all the other teams lucky that the O-line play has not been up to Steelers standards. We really need to beat the crap out of both Jax. and the Ravens. The Jags need to understand last season was a fluke, for them to come in and take two from us at home. Just like the Ravens found out this past season that 2006 was a fluke for them.

vasteeler
04-15-2008, 10:28 AM
i saw nfl live last night also and thought the same thing but i like hearing that stuff i cant wait to prove them wrong:tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
04-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Jags are a very nice team, I golf clap for them, clap, clap, clap. They beat us last year, twice, very good. Of coarse, they don't even make it into my signature, so they can take their jaw yapping and show up next year and see what happens when we stomp a mud hole in their empty stadium at home arse.

millwalldavey
04-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Ive said in the past, if there were no Steelers, Jacksonville would be my team.

Now, If there were no Steelers, I wouldn't watch football

DACEB
04-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Jags are a very nice team, I golf clap for them, clap, clap, clap.

:chuckle:

BlastFurnace
04-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Jacksonville just wasted $60 Million on a QB that will never get it done in the NFL. He's safe, but he's the type of QB that will never win anything significant...plain and simple. They may have the worst collection of WR's in the league as well.

Jacksonville is the type of team that can be 12-4, but can also very easily be 6-10. In other words...they are a very forgettable team. They don't scare anyone because they are incapable of running away from anyone.

MJD is probably still mad because the Steelers liked him before the draft and they didn't pick him.

Edman
04-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Well, the Faguars and their fans will keep talking junk until we beat them.

They're a good team and they beat us at Heinz last year, twice. But barely. I think that warrants enough leniency to trash talk. Too bad Ben had to get off to a rocky start in the playoff game. He was shredding the Fags' Overrated Defense until Arians decided to turtle on 3rd and Six. Too bad the D had to suck too.

This losing streak against the Faguars as well as the Patriots needs to stop. Now.

I don't condone running up the score, but I probably wouldn't mind the score being run up when Pit plays Jax again this year. We seriously need to beat them and make a statement on their field.

lilyoder6
04-15-2008, 10:45 AM
i saw that.. and then carter saying that the browns will win the division b/c they made the necassary moves and the steelers didn't do shit.. but micheal smith knows da truth that the steelers will come out and whoop some ass this yr..

BlastFurnace
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
i saw that.. and then carter saying that the browns will win the division b/c they made the necassary moves and the steelers didn't do shit.. but micheal smith knows da truth that the steelers will come out and whoop some ass this yr..

I know we have covered this at length before, but who did the Browns add that will be a real difference maker ? In looking at the other 3 teams in the division, the best aquisition in the entire division this offseason was the hiring of Mike Zimmer as DC in Cincinnati. He's a very good DC and just might be able to do something with some of the talent they have.

IMO, the signing of Hartwig by the Steelers more than made up for the overrated Shaun Rogers being signed by Cleveland.

Baltimore...please. They are still thinking that Kyle Boller will develop.

Dino 6 Rings
04-15-2008, 11:18 AM
How about the Jags win the South ONCE this decade before they try to talk smack to a team from the North. its always pleasant to see other teams try to trash talk the Steelers. I guess when you're a big dog, the little yip yip dogs will try to nip at your ankles. How long til the Jags move to LA anyway? How many more empty stadium home games will it take before they load up the trucks and head west?

tony hipchest
04-15-2008, 01:06 PM
just confirmed- jax will host the steelers for a sunday night primetime game on nbc.

lilyoder6
04-15-2008, 01:25 PM
i think that stallworth was there best pick up.. he adds another threat at wr.. rogers is over weight atm..

Edman
04-15-2008, 01:36 PM
just confirmed- jax will host the steelers for a sunday night primetime game on nbc.

Even better. A golden chance to stick it to them at home in front of their so-called die-hard fans. No more foul-ups. I'm sick and tired of losing to the Jaguars, we need to beat them now, and soundly. And shut up Mojo down there in teal country.

Watch the Jags finish with fewer than 10 wins this year, and watch the Jacksonville "faithful" evaporate like the bandwagoners that they are.

Can't wait to beat up on Cleveland and expose them again too.

It's gonna be a fun year.

DACEB
04-15-2008, 01:36 PM

primetime..primetime...primetime...primetime....Bi g Ben Time!....Silverback Time!

Dino 6 Rings
04-15-2008, 03:13 PM
good, look forward to thumping them on national television.

skinart82
04-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Jaguars are a joke, what they have a 3 foot running back! They will suffer at the hands of Woodley!!!!!

BlastFurnace
04-15-2008, 04:15 PM
The last 3 times they have beaten us, each loss you can look at as flukey. Each game could have gone either way. No David Garrard QB'd team will ever win anything significant. They wasted their money.

TheWarDen86
04-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Jags used to be our nemesis at Three Rivers. Back before the Ravens were anything to sweat about. I hated them back then. Then came the curse of Rod Woodson and the AFC North. B-More learned to play football and the Jags went/stayed South.

Preacher
04-15-2008, 04:20 PM
For some reason....

the Jags ALWAYS have had our number. I don't know why. I am looking for to turn around this year though.

For me, the best rivarly is the Cowboys rivalry. How can you not hate a team you met in the Superbowl 3 separate times?

Dino 6 Rings
04-15-2008, 04:23 PM
I really hate the Cowboys. Beating them feels so right.

Dino 6 Rings
04-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Jags used to be our nemesis at Three Rivers. Back before the Ravens were anything to sweat about. I hated them back then. Then came the curse of Rod Woodson and the AFC North. B-More learned to play football and the Jags went/stayed South.

Curse of Rod Woodson, not sure I know about that curse. I know the Steelers made him an offer, he took offense at how low it was, went to the free agency market and actually took less than our original offer to play in Baltimore. He did win a title with them, we have since won a title. Wanna place bets on what Jersey he wears into the Hall Of Fame?

TheWarDen86
04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
For some reason....

the Jags ALWAYS have had our number. I don't know why. I am looking for to turn around this year though.

For me, the best rivarly is the Cowboys rivalry. How can you not hate a team you met in the Superbowl 3 separate times?

I really hate the Cowboys. Beating them feels so right.

True. The best thing that can happen this year is to beat the Pats in N.E. in the AFCCG and then Dallas in the SB. Maybe Baltimore in the Divisional round....., Yes, I would like that very much.

Dino 6 Rings
04-15-2008, 04:33 PM
True. The best thing that can happen this year is to beat the Pats in N.E. in the AFCCG and then Dallas in the SB. Maybe Baltimore in the Divisional round....., Yes, I would like that very much.

I don't care who we play, winning the AFC Title and then beating any NFC team in the SB would be the best thing that could happen this year.

Don't care if we beat the freaking Jets to go on and then beat the Saints in the big game, don't care who they are, where they are from, if we win it all...that is the best thing that can happen. Nothing else matters in the end.

Although, seeing the Pats go 18-1, was a nice 2nd place prize for me. Oh and seeing Dallas lose another playoff game felt good too. Oh and the Ohio teams not making the playoffs, and the Ravens falling apart. Those were nice as well.

19ward86
04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Jags are definitaly the biggest out of division rival we have.

Edman
04-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Jacksonville has been getting over on Pittsburgh lately in close games that would've went their way or our way. The majority of them went their way. Like Tommy Madsux's gut-wrenching performance in '05.

Both times last year the Steelers staged rallies down 22-7 and 28-10 to take Jacksonville to the wire. Jaguar fans act like it's domination, but all I see is fear. Their luck against the Steelers will run out eventually.

I do not fear Jacksonvile. I take them seriously, but I do not fear them.

BettisFan
04-15-2008, 06:17 PM
MJD is a dum arse come on lol ravens first in the north lol what ever he is just a fool, must have failed his wonderlic!

TheWarDen86
04-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Curse of Rod Woodson, not sure I know about that curse. I know the Steelers made him an offer, he took offense at how low it was, went to the free agency market and actually took less than our original offer to play in Baltimore. He did win a title with them, we have since won a title. Wanna place bets on what Jersey he wears into the Hall Of Fame?

I call it a the curse because B-More was a joke until he went there.
The only reason I don't bet you on what jersey he wears is because, although I obviously want to see him wear black & gold , I have a feeling he'll wear purple. I hope I'm wrong.

Preacher
04-15-2008, 07:05 PM
I call it a the curse because B-More was a joke until he went there.
The only reason I don't bet you on what jersey he wears is because, although I obviously want to see him wear black & gold , I have a feeling he'll wear purple. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh No. Watch the shows he is on, it is always Steelers first, then other teams. He is a steeler first and foremost. The only thing I dislike is the fact that we didn't get him a SB ring.

TheWarDen86
04-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Oh No. Watch the shows he is on, it is always Steelers first, then other teams. He is a steeler first and foremost. The only thing I dislike is the fact that we didn't get him a SB ring.

I know sometimes I hear that Steeler Pride in him, but it seems like when he's on the radio he's still in a Ravens uni. Preacher, being wrong here would make me very happy, trust me.

Rhee Rhee
04-16-2008, 01:40 AM
I do not fear Jacksonvile. I take them seriously, but I do not fear them.

great way to put it...

however i feel that jax has become the rivalry game for the steelers back in the 70s no doubt it was the raiders/cowboys... but now i think those games have lost their mystique... whenever the jags and steelers play you know it's gonna be a hard fought game..

but i just love playing the browns... beating 'em 41-0 on christmas day in 05 was suhhhweeet

Galax Steeler
04-16-2008, 03:40 AM
The jags and steelers is a big rivalry everytime they play it is going to be a sloberknocker.

Elvis
04-16-2008, 05:42 AM
:tt02: Jacksnoville is coming on strong in this debate, but right now in our division... its got to be the Browns...Bengals...and the Ravens. Its just hard to select someone not to be a rival here in the smash mouth AFC North

Steel Pit
04-16-2008, 05:57 AM
The last 3 times they have beaten us, each loss you can look at as flukey. Each game could have gone either way. No David Garrard QB'd team will ever win anything significant. They wasted their money.

You got that $hit right. David Garrard had a little success last year, I guess? Garrard was actually talked up based on his low number of interceptions, but heck, when you rarely throw the ball you're not going to throw many INT's.

Garrard was no different than any other first year-full time-starting QB. Opposing teams just didn't have much film on him and when you factor in that the Jaguars rarely threw the ball, well there's the reason for his limited success.

Things are about to change for Dear David and the Jaguars, there's enough film circulating on his A$$ this year. :drool:

DACEB
04-16-2008, 12:40 PM
This losing streak against the Faguars as well as the Patriots needs to stop. Now.

You're telling me, I live in Mass. I can't wait to continually stomp the Pats, year in year out!

VTsteel
04-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Browns- Must never lose to this team
Ravens- Another must never lose to team

Pats- Third biggest . . . must beat the snot outta these guys

Jaguars- A distant fourth biggest rivalry . . . this would be the Raiders spot if they were not so freaking helpless.

millwalldavey
04-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Don't forget... the Jags once started out in our division.

Edman
04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Jason Cole has Steelers/Jags as the best Week 5 game. With sickening words.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-bestworstgames041508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

We have to beat Jacksonville and make a statement.

BigBen403
04-17-2008, 10:51 AM
What a bunch of crap. Jax needs to beat Indy for their division so maybe they should worry about their own division before making uneducated predictions on other ones.
As far as the Clowns, the Cravens of Bungles they need to beat us before they can lay claim to anything, and since the Clowns got bushwacked in the first game last year and blew the second game, their mouths should be quiet.