PDA

View Full Version : Palmer gives Ben props ....

OneForTheToe
04-15-2008, 02:20 PM
-or it is just jealousy because he is stuck on a team where it seems the only other possible player he can count on is who'syourmama. I mean give Palmer some truth serum, and ask him who he would trust more to make a last second game winning catch, Ocho-complaino or Hines Ward.

As for Ben, I guess it's true we may be rivals for a long time. The thing I think about most with Ben is just how many games he's won, and how many tough games he's found a way to get it done.''

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=walker_james&id=3323493

SteelerFanInATL
04-19-2008, 07:51 AM
It sounds to me like maybe he wanted to leave and knows now he will not be able to.
Just my .02 cents.

Edman
04-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Thank you no, Carson.

I bet he regrets signing that multi-year deal a few years back. In my book, it's gonna take more than one fluke season to be an elite QB.

19ward86
04-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Fluke season??? I might be a Steelers fan but i know talent when i see it, you can only do so much when #85 (the best reciever in the universe), nearly leads the league in dropped balls and leads the league in the # of ovaries for 1 player. I believe that if the bengals can get a descent run game this year that he will have another great season. Remember, that is why some underestimate Ben Roethlisberger, he has a strong running game to fall back on. That is why 3 out of 4 years making the playoffs and 1 superbowl ring is overlooked.

fansince'76
04-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Fluke season??? I might be a Steelers fan but i know talent when i see it....

I'm inclined to agree - Palmer is an excellent QB (still top 5 and still the best pure passer in the league at the moment, IMO) who is stuck on a bad team. A QB can only do so much on his own.

HometownGal
04-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm inclined to agree - Palmer is an excellent QB (still top 5 and still the best pure passer in the league at the moment, IMO) who is stuck on a bad team. A QB can only do so much on his own.

I have to agree, Gary. I can't stand a whiney athlete (and that Cartoon is), but he is a very smart and athletically gifted QB and I have to give him his props for that. He's smart enough to know that his team is imploding around him and unfortunately for him, he's stuck in that extension he signed until 2014 with little or no way out unless he is traded, which won't happen.

Sucks to be him.

TackleMeBen
04-19-2008, 11:58 AM
smart and bengals are not two words you would normally use together..lol..

OneForTheToe
04-19-2008, 03:59 PM

He is a top tier QB, but I think Peyton Manning is the best pure passer in the game. The only thing that trips up P Manning is his sometimes arrogant need to outsmart the defense instead of running the bleeping play as it?s called. I would put Palmer even with Jessica Romo - both of whom are behind, in no particular order, P Manning, Cheaten Boy, Ben and maybe even the other Manning, if he doesn't regress ( winning a Super Bowl means a lot in that evaluation, IMO).

millwalldavey
04-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I would put Palmer even with Jessica Romo - both of whom are behind, in no particular order, P Manning, Cheaten Boy, Ben and maybe even the other Manning, if he doesn't regress ( winning a Super Bowl means a lot in that evaluation, IMO).

You really think Romo is worthy of mention in this group? I don't think he's there yet... or will be. It's a lot of hype.

Preacher
04-19-2008, 05:44 PM
You stick Palmer on the 90's Steelers teams, and we have mulitple superbowl rings. He is the exact type of quarterback that we used to like.

He has the talent... but his one problem is a lack of mobility. Teams have to be focused on building front lines immediately for him.

OneForTheToe
04-19-2008, 06:03 PM
You really think Romo is worthy of mention in this group? I don't think he's there yet... or will be. It's a lot of hype.

Well I said Romo was behind most of that group. While I personally hope Romo ends his career 0 for something in the playoffs with the Cowboys, I think Romo deserves mention in that second tier with Palmer, Brees and McNabb (Derek Anderson has to prove he is not a 1 year wonder). Any of those four can put up big numbers, but each have failed to lead their team to a Championship (McNabb - got close, of course, but is now fading fast). You can’t completely ignore the numbers that Romo has put up so far – even if he is a playoff failure at the moment. Obviously, I rank Big Ben above all the previously mentioned.

Dino 6 Rings
04-23-2008, 11:48 AM
WOAH...Slow Down People...how can a QB that has NEVER won a playoff game even be considered Elite?

Carson and Romo, both have proved ZERO in their careers and its not about talent, its about execution game in, game out, and getting it done when it matters most. Neither of these Jackholes have the "IT" quality that it takes to be Elite, at leat they haven't shown "IT" yet.

Ben, Payton, Tom B, McNabb (but declining) Eli Manning, have shown they have what it takes to win big games in big spots.

Rivers hasn't, he's with these other two fools, Talented yes, but not worthy of entering the conversation. They can listen to the conversation, but can't speak up. Carson has to WIN before he can even be considered being put in the same sentance.

The Duke
04-23-2008, 02:57 PM
WOAH...Slow Down People...how can a QB that has NEVER won a playoff game even be considered Elite?

Carson and Romo, both have proved ZERO in their careers and its not about talent, its about execution game in, game out, and getting it done when it matters most. Neither of these Jackholes have the "IT" quality that it takes to be Elite, at leat they haven't shown "IT" yet.

Ben, Payton, Tom B, McNabb (but declining) Eli Manning, have shown they have what it takes to win big games in big spots.

Rivers hasn't, he's with these other two fools, Talented yes, but not worthy of entering the conversation. They can listen to the conversation, but can't speak up. Carson has to WIN before he can even be considered being put in the same sentance.

i make an exception for carson cause his team sucks so much. I know he struggled last season, but in terms of a pure passer I have him ranked above our very own ben. but that's just my opinion

rivers? well, he did beat the titans and got injured against the colts, but that tough son of a bitch showed me a lot of toughness playing against the pats with a torn acl(?). he's in a great team, and he'll win playoff games in his career unlike palmer

Dino 6 Rings
04-23-2008, 04:01 PM
i make an exception for carson cause his team sucks so much. I know he struggled last season, but in terms of a pure passer I have him ranked above our very own ben. but that's just my opinion

rivers? well, he did beat the titans and got injured against the colts, but that tough son of a bitch showed me a lot of toughness playing against the pats with a torn acl(?). he's in a great team, and he'll win playoff games in his career unlike palmer

Sorry but until Palmer actually wins a game against the Steelers at HOME and wins a playoff game, he is nothing but a good arm, and there are lots of good arms in the league, but only a few "special" QBs.

CantStop85
04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Sorry but until Palmer actually wins a game against the Steelers at HOME and wins a playoff game, he is nothing but a good arm, and there are lots of good arms in the league, but only a few "special" QBs.

In his career thus far, he has thrown for 14,899 yards, 104 TD's, 63 INT's for a 64.1% completion percentage and 90.1 QB rating. I'm not saying he's the best QB, definitely not in the top 3 as far as accomplishments go, but if you think he's the reason for the Bengals lack of success, you are crazy.

stlrtruck
04-24-2008, 07:23 AM
In his career thus far, he has thrown for 14,899 yards, 104 TD's, 63 INT's for a 64.1% completion percentage and 90.1 QB rating. I'm not saying he's the best QB, definitely not in the top 3 as far as accomplishments go, but if you think he's the reason for the Bengals lack of success, you are crazy.

Palmer most definitely not the reason the bungles lack success. I mean of all the people on that roster, Carson has shown the most class and the best example of leadership. His problem is the idiots around him beginning with that stinko himself.

I like Carson as a QB (to an extent), I'd probably like him better if he didn't play in the AFC North. I hear Philly is looking for a new QB.

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Palmer...

I'm not saying he's the reason the Bengals are losers, but he hasn't made them winners either.

Good QBs raise the level of play of those around them. Palmer has his team falling apart at the seems. He wants credit for wins, as the QB, fine, but he also needs to take responsibility for not having this Receivers play Team Ball. As the Leader of the Team, he should be addressing the TJ and Chad issues, and either calling them out, in the locker room, and with the front office, or should publicly be standing behind them. Instead, he's himming and hawwing at every turn and not taking any leadership with his team mates. He's a California boy that wants all the credit and none of the blame, too bad. Stay in Cincy for your entire career for all I care. I hate the Bengals and they can continue to Suck for all time as far as I'm concerned. But What I won't have, is this bumb, yes BUMB, thrown into the conversation with My QB. Sorry but until he wins a freaking playoff game, and actually LEADS his team, he's just another Tall Kid with a Strong Arm that isn't going to amount to crap at this level. And Unless by the end of his career he has Marino type numbers, I won't give him any credit for never winning the big game, let alone, A single big game.

Ben 1426 attempts, 908 complete, 11,673 yards, average 8.1. Games played = 56
CP 2036 attempts, 1305 complete, 14,899 yards, average 7.3. Games played = 61

Ben 84 Tds, 54 Ints worse season 06 with 23. Total Rating 92.5
CP 104 Tds, 63 Ints worse season 07 with 20. Total Rating 90.1

And here's the Clincher

Playoffs, Palmer stats, 1-1 66 yards. Loss.

Playoffs, Ben stats. Total, 5 wins, 2 losses, plus a SB Win.
89 for 147, 1210 yards.

Carson Does NOT belong in the same sentance. Ben is far better when it matters most. He gets his team to the playoffs, and actually has performed in playoff games when the pressure is on. Its great to pile on numbers in games when the true playoff pressure isn't on your shoulders and Carson will know all about that. He will not get his team to the next level, because he doesn't have IT.

Until he proves otherwise, I stand by that statement.

stlrtruck
04-24-2008, 01:22 PM
But Palmer does have a Pro-Bowl MVP

The Duke
04-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Palmer...

I'm not saying he's the reason the Bengals are losers, but he hasn't made them winners either.

Good QBs raise the level of play of those around them. Palmer has his team falling apart at the seems. He wants credit for wins, as the QB, fine, but he also needs to take responsibility for not having this Receivers play Team Ball. As the Leader of the Team, he should be addressing the TJ and Chad issues, and either calling them out, in the locker room, and with the front office, or should publicly be standing behind them. Instead, he's himming and hawwing at every turn and not taking any leadership with his team mates. He's a California boy that wants all the credit and none of the blame, too bad. Stay in Cincy for your entire career for all I care. I hate the Bengals and they can continue to Suck for all time as far as I'm concerned. But What I won't have, is this bumb, yes BUMB, thrown into the conversation with My QB. Sorry but until he wins a freaking playoff game, and actually LEADS his team, he's just another Tall Kid with a Strong Arm that isn't going to amount to crap at this level. And Unless by the end of his career he has Marino type numbers, I won't give him any credit for never winning the big game, let alone, A single big game.

And here's the Clincher

89 for 147, 1210 yards.

Carson Does NOT belong in the same sentance. Ben is far better when it matters most. He gets his team to the playoffs, and actually has performed in playoff games when the pressure is on. Its great to pile on numbers in games when the true playoff pressure isn't on your shoulders and Carson will know all about that. He will not get his team to the next level, because he doesn't have IT.

ok, but does ben have this....

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2007/05/palmersausagefark1.jpg

:sofunny:

you bring some pretty good points, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. I don't like to play the "could be" card, but if the bungles had the kind of D the steelers have through the years I believe they would be in the playoffs. again, that's an opinion, does it matter? no. I bet if you ask many people who's better between ben and carson yo would get pretty close results. another opinion

and don't get me wrong, I love Ben. he has something else palmer doesn't, he's not just a QB, he's a playmaker, he makes plays out of nothing, and that's something carson will never have

now, if palmer has another season like he had in 07 I will be convinced he's not at ben's level

Palmer's playoff stats are actually non-important cause he got hurt, and beside that injury he's been pretty much injury free.

anyway...we all know jesse palmer is the best QB in the bengals roster and will beat carson out of the job on his way to 09 pro bowl mvp :flap:

CantStop85
04-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Palmer...

And here's the Clincher

89 for 147, 1210 yards.

OK, just one question...what the hell is a bumb? :toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2008, 03:43 PM
OK, just one question...what the hell is a bumb? :toofunny:

good point...I guess I meant BUM, since Bumb is the term meant for an Arse. And I didn't mean to call Carson an Arse...but I guess both Bum and Bumb would fit in his case.:flap:

steel striker
04-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Well I would not throw Romo into the mix yet because, I don't think he has won a playoff game. Romo has done pretty well in the regular season but, as everyone kowns the post season is what counts. No doubt Palmer is still one of the best QB's in the league but, he is stuck on a bad team that can't stay out of the bad press. I would not Trade Ben for anyone he fits this steel city like a glove.

Elvis
05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I think that he pretty much knows he is on a sucky team...
:noidea:
:rofl: