PDA

View Full Version : single game tickets

PalmerSteel
04-15-2008, 08:02 PM
i know its about impossible to get them this way, but anyone heard when these will go on sale? know if they are from ticketmaster like last year?

NJarhead
04-15-2008, 08:04 PM
i know its about impossible to get them this way, but anyone heard when these will go on sale? know if they are from ticketmaster like last year?

Put yourself on the season ticket waiting list. Folks on the waiting list get offers before they go out to the public. Won't work this year but.....

Stlrs4Life
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
No they don't. Not no more, they go through ticketmaster, you got to be online at the right moment. For more info call this number:
412-323-1200

SteelCityMan786
04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
No they don't. Not no more, they go through ticketmaster, you got to be online at the right moment. For more info call this number:
412-323-1200

Some how my family was able to get tickets through Ticketmaster last year. Unfortunately I couldn't go to that game because I had a playoff game that week.

NJarhead
04-15-2008, 08:23 PM
412-323-1200

Ah crap, your right. I screwed that up last year too. Forgot all about it.

19ward86
04-15-2008, 09:52 PM
You will never get the Steelers 2009 superbowl tickets if your just now going after them...lol

BettisFan
04-16-2008, 04:58 PM
i need to go to atleast one game, so please if u have any or know of any way for me to get tickets please let me know through PM or email to Mnotkinster@gmail.com

Carolina Steelers
04-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Tickets are hard to get through the Steelers as soon as they go on sale they sale out. You usually have to buy from a 3rd party like StubHub or Ebay or some place else and of course your paying more than face value!

NJarhead
04-16-2008, 08:44 PM
i need to go to atleast one game, so please if u have any or know of any way for me to get tickets please let me know through PM or email to Mnotkinster@gmail.com

I bought tix to JB's last game in '05 on Stub Hub. They can be pricey but I got a decent deal on two tix on the 50 yl. I'll use them again if I miss out on the initial frenzy.

BettisFan
04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I bought tix to JB's last game in '05 on Stub Hub. They can be pricey but I got a decent deal on two tix on the 50 yl. I'll use them again if I miss out on the initial frenzy.

yea i also posted on craigs list

PalmerSteel
04-16-2008, 09:59 PM
anyone have experiences with buying tickets the day of the game outside of the stadium? is that legal? maybe riskier, but think maybe cheaper than through 3rd party online sites? still gonna hold out a slim hope for the dreaded evil ticketmaster sale, whenever that is! :helmet:

SteelersHoss
04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Have they announced a date for the internet sale yet?
Does anyone know?

BettisFan
04-16-2008, 10:12 PM
anyone have experiences with buying tickets the day of the game outside of the stadium? is that legal? maybe riskier, but think maybe cheaper than through 3rd party online sites? still gonna hold out a slim hope for the dreaded evil ticketmaster sale, whenever that is! :helmet:

its called scalping its all good (not legal lol) but its alright

PalmerSteel
04-17-2008, 03:55 PM
its called scalping its all good (not legal lol) but its alright

ok, so scalping is ILLegal in PA? so there probably isnt many of them around the stadium selling tickets on gameday then huh? here in hoosier land, its legal, one of the very few good things we have :toofunny:

BettisFan
04-18-2008, 10:01 AM
ok, so scalping is ILLegal in PA? so there probably isnt many of them around the stadium selling tickets on gameday then huh? here in hoosier land, its legal, one of the very few good things we have :toofunny:

i think its not legal everywhere but i go to rockets games all the time and ppl come up and are like you need tickets? need tickets? its not like their are the popo just sitting there looking for scalpers, there arent any, you will befine.

jjpro11
04-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Have they announced a date for the internet sale yet?
Does anyone know?

last year it was around mid-late july.. im sure thats when they will release them again.

PalmerSteel
06-21-2008, 03:11 PM
forgot to update this thread. they went on sale today at noon? got 4 tickets to the giants game. any one else have any luck?

7/39/43
06-21-2008, 05:43 PM
I had no luck treid every game available. now I might have to pay them outrageous prices. I was on ticketmaster at noon like they said. I could of got pregame but why

CanadianSteel
06-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I was online right at 12 noon ans was able to have several tickets pop up as available from, SanDoego, Bengals and Colts, however but they only way was to search for single tickets and not pairs.
Try that next year. Not ideal but hey I scopped 2 separate tickets to the Colts game, one in club seats, and other lower bowl $90 I think.
Wife can sit separate unless we can trade day of the game somehow...

Carolina Steelers
06-22-2008, 10:48 AM
No luck here had 2 cell phones and laptop going at 11:59 am. Though I got lucky for the opener it was processing than all of a sudden said not available. Was Looking foward to my first Steeler gm in person. My wife said my budget is $500.00 for 3 tickets $166.00 per ticket. I wish i could have got 3 tickets for that price. All well off the the 3rd party websites.

PalmerSteel
06-22-2008, 11:57 AM
here is some tips i got that helped me that can be used for hot events. but part of it is luck too (kinda long):
1. have an account registered and be logged in before hand with credit card already registered in account.

2. (most important i think) - 1.Get a watch with a second hand (and/or computer clock) and synch it with the atomic clock at time.gov.

3. Going to the event page a minute before tickets go on sale and hitting refresh will almost certainly guarantee that you do not get tickets. Instead, enter the artist/team/event name in the search field, and as soon as your computers clock changes to the onsale time, click Search. TM's clock runs almost 10 seconds behind the government atomic clock. This is pretty consistent. Your goal should be to get to a screen that says Find Tickets directly next to the event you want to attend, 1 (one) click after the time the tickets go on sale. To find out which of the screens that you’ll get, try this search ahead of time (the day before the tickets go on sale)

4. If the on-sale page doesn't come up quickly do not hit refresh repeatedly. Give it a few seconds. Towards the end of last year TM added an anti-bot function and if you hit refresh too often you will get locked out temporarily.
You should be safe by refreshing about every two to three-seconds, but not any faster

get them tickets before those scalper bastards get them all! good luck in the future!

srk173
07-18-2008, 09:02 PM
You guys must be retarded and using dial up at the same time. last year my dad and i got pairs to 3 games and this year we got pairs to the opener and also the last game against Cleveland. Next year just dont even bother so you guys dont bog down the system and give me the opportunity to get even more tickets. Then I will sell them to everyone for double or maybe triple.