PDA

View Full Version : Out with the Old (Morris) In with the New

Borski
04-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Lets get Morris outta there and give a young guy a shot. we have some pitchers off to hot starts in Indy (AAA)

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=484&stn=true&sid=t484

http://borski88.googlepages.com/Pirates-AAA.jpg

We could rotate one of the good pitchers in on a trial by fire. if one of the succeeds then let em stay, three of them have .000 ERA's on a combined 22.1 innings pitched.

X-Terminator
04-16-2008, 12:12 AM
It is an absolute joke that Sean Burnett is not wearing a Pirates uniform right now. But yet, Morris, because "he's a veteran presence in the rotation and the clubhouse," gets the ball every 5th day even though he's sucked for the better part of a year. Typical Pirates roster management...though I won't place much blame on the current GM. That was Dave Littlefield's last act of brilliance before he was finally given the pink slip. Since they can't trade him and would have to pick up his salary if they released him, why not demote him to long relief, call up Burnett and put him in the rotation? That way, he can still "mentor" the starters without costing us games. So we'd have 4 left-handed starters with Burnett up here. Big deal! PNC Park is tailor-made for left-handed starters, so why not take advantage of it? While they're at it, they can give Meek back to the Rays. He's horrible! I'd rather see Romulo Sanchez in his spot.

Dylan
04-16-2008, 03:27 PM
It is an absolute joke that Sean Burnett is not wearing a Pirates uniform right now. But yet, Morris, because "he's a veteran presence in the rotation and the clubhouse," gets the ball every 5th day even though he's sucked for the better part of a year. Typical Pirates roster management...though I won't place much blame on the current GM. That was Dave Littlefield's last act of brilliance before he was finally given the pink slip. Since they can't trade him and would have to pick up his salary if they released him, why not demote him to long relief, call up Burnett and put him in the rotation? That way, he can still "mentor" the starters without costing us games. So we'd have 4 left-handed starters with Burnett up here. Big deal! PNC Park is tailor-made for left-handed starters, so why not take advantage of it? While they're at it, they can give Meek back to the Rays. He's horrible! I'd rather see Romulo Sanchez in his spot.

if we call up burnett it will not be as a starter...he cant handle it it like he used to...the only way will see him in a pirate uniform is in the bullpen...he said he feels more comfortable in there than he ever has

Borski
04-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Ok, I think we should give John Van Benschoten (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=John%20Van%20Benschoten&pos=P&sid=t484&t=p_pbp&pid=429724) a shot.

He is 3-0 as a starter so far with a 2.60 ERA with 17.1 IP. Why not give him a shot if we know we're gonna lose any start Morris makes anyway?

By comparison, Morris is 0-2 in 3 starts with a 7.20 ERA with 16.2 IP. Yea I know I'm comparing MLB vs AAA stats but thats all I have to go off of.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Those young pitchers are bums also...lol Paul Maholm hasn't done crap since being in the big leagues...Look at all the talent that was passed on to draft this bum.... Van Benschoten and Bullington will blow also...lol Burnett hasn't been able to stay healthy and I don't think he ever will....I love the Buccos but really I have no hope for this team......

Borski
04-20-2008, 02:47 AM
I'd rather take a new guy that may suck (Van Benschoten) who has potential to get better than Morris who is only getting worse. I rather see the front office pay up and buy some good pitching but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

millwalldavey
04-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Geeze... I thought this post was about Bam for a few seconds...

Borski
04-27-2008, 10:45 PM
From the AP:
To replace Morris on the 25-man roster, right-hander John Van Benschoten was recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis and will go into the bullpen at least temporarily.

Sweet!!! Now I hope some of his momentum will carry over from the minors. He is 4-0 as a starter with a 1.88 ERA and 24 innings pitched.

BettisFan
04-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Benschoten is alright this could be a good move

rbryan
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Now what do we have to do to get rid of LaRoche ?? 171 ba 5 rbi's??? are you kidding me?? What a bum. The worst part for me is that poser swing of his. It almost looks like he's not trying. I know that looks sweet when you connect, but c'mon maybe choke up and see if you can just make solid contact every now and then...terrible

Borski
04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I can't stand LaRoche, but hes never been good in april, even when he was on the braves. I'd give him 1 more month before I crucify him.