PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NBA Playoffs

Rhee Rhee
04-16-2008, 02:27 AM
well the lakers just won the west and celtics won the east awhile back..

i personally am a laker fan and i believe that the lakers are a force to be reckoned with and i dare any team (other than celtics) to match up with them when everyone is healthy...

PG-Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF- Lamar Odom
PF- Pau Gasol
C- Andrew Bynum

once bynum comes back healthy I sincerely believe the lakers will at least make it to the NBA finals...

stlrtruck
04-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Not much of a Lakers fan, not much of an NBA fan but there is joy within when I see the Lakers lose - sort like watching the yankees and red sox lose in MLB

lilyoder6
04-16-2008, 08:13 AM
the lakers are sick this yr.. i think that it was like taking candy from a baby when they got gasol.. kobe is having a gr yr.. and should get the mvp if not then to kg... and some of there bench players are stepping up like sujaic or w/e his name is.. and turiaf... be a good playoffs..

stlrtruck
04-16-2008, 09:20 AM
I'd have to agree, talent wise they've got the making of a great team to really push through the playoffs to the Championship games - probably sweep them if not go 4-1

But there's hope they screw it up themselves.

BettisFan
04-16-2008, 04:05 PM
GO ROCKETS!

tony hipchest
04-16-2008, 04:17 PM
this is tough.

if i had to claim one team as my team it would be the sonics, going all the way back to s. kemp, g. payton, d. schrempf, n. mcmillan, and k. gill.

and my local team (who i always pull for) is the suns.

since im not overly team loyal i primarily root for players and different teams in different years.

ive always been a huge fan of ray allen and kevin garnett (i have their jerseys since their rookie seasons).

but it kills me to pull for a boston team, as i never really liked larry birds celtics.

dr j and the 76ers were always my team as a kid, and im still a huge iverson fan (and of course george karl).

huge fan of tim duncan since he returned to wake forest for his senior season.

labron is simply amazing and i am just now getting to where i can appreciate kobe bryant and dont despise him as much.

im just looking forward to some great nba playoff basketball!

while the fundamentals seem to go in the crapper, year after year, the talent just seems to keep on increasing.

The Duke
04-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Kobe for MVP!

since I root for the knicks(yes, I know lol) in the playoffs I constantly change who I root for. last year was the spurs, now it'll probably be the lakers, I just loved how kobe played this season

I will never root for boston team. the cavs....I just feel for bad lebron, he's good, but his team will keep stopping him, it's cleveland after all. he seems really determined though, the sweep in the finals last year made him grow as a player.

so....go lakers!

lilyoder6
04-17-2008, 09:46 AM
lebron is good but kobe is amazing.... i think te mvp will either go to kobe or KG.... but it will be a nice nba championship game between the lakers and celtics..

The Duke
04-17-2008, 03:34 PM
lebron is good but kobe is amazing.... i think te mvp will either go to kobe or KG.... but it will be a nice nba championship game between the lakers and celtics..

in terms of being more valuable to their teamI think kobe gets it. garnett's been great, but no at lebron's or kobe's level. now lebron getting it could happen too....

celtics in the championship? nah, I want them to lose in round 1. pistons- lakers is my prediction

lilyoder6
04-17-2008, 04:39 PM
well u have to look at what kg did 4 that team.. he is the leader and brought them back to winning.. yes he had help but he is the main reason...

fansince'76
04-17-2008, 08:02 PM
well u have to look at what kg did 4 that team.. he is the leader and brought them back to winning.. yes he had help but he is the main reason...

Yep, McHale never could quite put a good enough supporting cast around KG in Minnesota. I remember going to see the two home games for the Nuggets in their first round series against the T-Wolves during the '04 playoffs (which the Nuggets lost 4-1) and Garnett was clearly the best player on the floor in both games. Incidentally, that same postseason would be the farthest the T-Wolves ever got in the playoffs - they wound up losing the Western Conference Finals to the Lakers.

verks36
04-17-2008, 08:46 PM
ya i want the lakers to win it to I am a phil jackson fan...

lilyoder6
04-17-2008, 08:52 PM
it would be fun to start watching this sun...i hoep bynum is rdy to play 4 the lakers.. that will be sick... and i hope phx beats the spurs in the 1st rd..

BettisFan
04-17-2008, 09:19 PM
I really hope the Hawks can beat the celtics, I really love Al horford (AL 4 ROY!!!) Sorry good plug time, yea but I think the hawks have some what of a chance, If they dont win it will be Lakers Vs. Celtics.

BettisFan
04-18-2008, 08:58 AM
All games availble for me to watch this year i will be watching lol alot of channel surfing back and forth but this is gunna the best year of play offs we have had in years.

tony hipchest
04-18-2008, 10:16 AM
i cant believe the spurs drew the suns in the 1st round. thats gonna be one hell of a series and a damn good team wont advance. :dang:

i'll definitely be watching all 7 games in that series (i dont think either team will win in fewer than that).

fansince, can you perhaps change the title to 2008 NBA Playoffs and maybe we get a little more traffic in this thread?

SteelCityMan786
04-18-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm a Bulls/Spurs Fan. More so Bulls but they didn't make it. Oh well. Guess I have to go the route of Spurs to the title.

GO SPURS GO!

fansince'76
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
fansince, can you perhaps change the title to 2008 NBA Playoffs and maybe we get a little more traffic in this thread?

Done. :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
04-18-2008, 12:42 PM
honestly i doubt that anyone can stop the cetlics.. they have so many good players.. i mean they only did lose liek 20 games or so.. other than the big 3.. big bay and rondo impressed evryone this yr as players.. and they picked up sam cassel 4 the exp in the playoffs... kg will take over and guide them to the finals..

The Duke
04-18-2008, 05:08 PM
maybe not about the playoffs, but Isiah Thomas was finally fired from the knicks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_knicks_thomas

without him I smell playoffs next season :chuckle:

Mark Jackson may replace him

honestly i doubt that anyone can stop the cetlics.. they have so many good players.. i mean they only did lose liek 20 games or so.. other than the big 3.. big bay and rondo impressed evryone this yr as players.. and they picked up sam cassel 4 the exp in the playoffs... kg will take over and guide them to the finals..

don't forget about Ray Allen, he was brought in last year and has helped them a lot

I still want them to lose . doubt the hawks will do it though

fansince'76
04-18-2008, 05:14 PM
maybe not about the playoffs, but Isiah Thomas was finally fired from the knicks

Thomas couldn't manage a lemonade stand. He wrecked the CBA with his mismanagement in addition to killing the Knicks. He needs to get a studio-talking-head kind of gig. I hate to say it, Duke, but if they're keeping him as GM, the Knicks still will stay stuck in neutral. It looks like he might stay on as GM from the article:

Isiah Thomas was fired as coach of the New York Knicks on Friday....Thomas, the coach for two seasons, will remain with the organization reporting directly to new president Donnie Walsh....Walsh said he informed Thomas of the decision Friday."It's very difficult to be the coach and general manager," he said. "Maybe it was too much."

lilyoder6
04-18-2008, 06:06 PM
duke that is part of the big 3 i was talking about.. i just think that somehow the celtics got very lucky into getting this players.. 2-3 very good young players and the 2 big trades ath the beggining of the season

big 3= KG, peirce and allen...

MACH1
04-19-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm a big Lakers fan, just think if its a Lakers-Cetics Finals. That would be big $$$ for the NBA. With the Lakers winning of course.:tt03:

Kobe should win the MVP, They would be nothing without him, where if KG gets hurt the celts still have two super starts out there.

Hey fansince'76 those butt nuggets of yours are goin down. :chuckle:

Elvis
04-20-2008, 05:50 PM
:tt02: Here We Go Lakers...
Here We Go!!!

lilyoder6
04-20-2008, 06:26 PM
the lakers just smacked the nuggets around.. gasol had a great game.. kobe had a great 2nd half.. but his dumbass got a techincal... odom was good... now time to see the big 3 2nite

BettisFan
04-20-2008, 06:27 PM
lets go hawks!!! Come on Hawks need to atleast win one against the celtics! I think they can do it and make the upset but lol thats me! I am P'Oed that the rockets lost last night at home thats just weak but go Hawks!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X9ZsFVUaniQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X9ZsFVUaniQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MACH1
04-20-2008, 06:32 PM
lets go hawks!!! Come on Hawks need to atleast win one against the celtics! I think they can do it and make the upset but lol thats me! I am P'Oed that the rockets lost last night at home thats just weak but go Hawks!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X9ZsFVUaniQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X9ZsFVUaniQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Need some kleenex. :doh:

Jeremy
04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
76ers 90 at Pistons 86 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gameTrax?gameId=2008042008)

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) - Andre Miller scored 20 points and Willie Green had a career playoff-high 17, helping the Philadelphia 76ers stun the Detroit Pistons 90-86 Sunday in Game 1 of their first-round series.

The Eastern Conference's second-seeded team was expected beat the seventh-seeded Sixers by double digits and did lead by 15 midway through the third quarter.
But Philadelphia refused to follow the script.

After the Sixers trailed 62-47, Green made two baskets to start a 10-0 run that sparked a comeback.

Miller gave Philadelphia a lead midway through the fourth quarter for the first time since late in the first.

After Chauncey Billups missed three of four free throws and a layup in 2-plus minutes late in the game, he made two from the line to pull the Pistons within one with 45 seconds left.

Detroit's Jason Maxiell drew a charge on the ensuing possession, giving the home team a chance to avoid an upset.

The Pistons set up a play that created an open shot for Tayshaun Prince, but his jumper was short. After Andre Iguodala made one of two free throws with 11 seconds left, Rasheed Wallace missed a shot near the basket that would have tied it at 88.

Iguodala then made two free throws with 7 seconds left to seal the win.

Wallace had 24 points, nine rebounds and matched a franchise playoff record with seven blocks.

Both teams will get two days off before Detroit hosts Game 2 on Wednesday night.

lilyoder6
04-20-2008, 08:17 PM
damn i can't beleive the pistons lost.. oh well pistons still win series

TackleMeBen
04-21-2008, 06:24 AM
damn i can't beleive the pistons lost.. oh well pistons still win series

dont bet on that. i live in detroit and i think the pistons wont beat the sixers. and sheed has already gotten a tech foul in the first game.. he needs to calm down. the pistons cant afford him getting Ts thru out this series.

If the pistons lose this series good ol' flip will be packing his bags, b/c joe d will not accept losing in the playoffs again.

lilyoder6
04-21-2008, 08:05 AM
but i just think that w/ the inexp of the 76er's And the talent on the pistons... the pistons will prevail..

did anyone watcht eh sunday conversation w/ the big 3???? during the conversation KG rly does look and talks like he will do anything to win the whole thing thi syr...

SteelerFanInATL
04-22-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm a Knick Fan and proud of it.

The Duke
04-23-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm a Knick Fan and proud of it.

:tt03:

me too. a change is coming without Isaiah thomas, and they'll be good.....someday

spurs take a 2-0 lead in the series btw!!

these spurs- suns games are always entertaining. now with the games at phoenix I see the suns winning the next one

TackleMeBen
04-23-2008, 05:59 AM
:tt03:

these spurs- suns games are always entertaining. now with the games at phoenix I see the suns winning the next one

i was hoping that the suns would be able to win at least one in SA. i am a suns fans, have been since charles barkley played with them. i think this is the best series so far.

lilyoder6
04-23-2008, 09:18 AM
i think the suns should of won both game in SA.. they blew each game in the 3rd quarter.. i hope they can tie the series at phx

MACH1
04-24-2008, 09:35 AM
GO LAKERS

lilyoder6
04-24-2008, 09:39 AM
the lakers just destroyed the nuggets last nite.. oh my kobe WAS on FIRE :hot:

and near the end of the game i liked how he blew on his pistols..:dualies:

last nite is the reason kobe should win mvp

MACH1
04-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah he was unstoppable last night. I like when the nuggets player, I think it was smith was smack talking to kobe. And kobe took him to school after that. I don't know how a guy can run his mouth at him after he puts up 49 on you.

BettisFan
04-24-2008, 10:06 AM
I need the Hawks to win just one game against the celtics, if anyone noticed they stayed close till half time so thats better than game one, just keep this up win one game! Lol it was crazy how the whole crowd was booing Bibby.

lilyoder6
04-24-2008, 12:50 PM
atl is not going to win a game unless bos sits kg,peirce and allen 4 half the game.. and they still might not win

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Lol it was crazy how the whole crowd was booing Bibby.

Well he did say that they were all fair whether fans.

fansince'76
04-24-2008, 03:10 PM
I guess my karmic payback for rooting against the Pats* with every fiber of my being all season is going to come back and bite me in the ass by that punk Kobe winning another championship. He's a great player, no question about it, but to me he still represents EVERYTHING that's wrong with the NBA and professional sports in general. And sorry, but one season of "good behavior" doesn't erase close to a decade of acting like a complete jackass and a spoiled brat.

MACH1
04-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Yep, kobe is a ass hat. But I've been a lakers fan almost as long as I've been a steelers fan, so I'm kinda stuck with em. As much as I hate to say it I think the celts are gonna win it this year. :mad:

lilyoder6
04-24-2008, 04:58 PM
i would like to see either the lakers or celtics to win... if they play each other in the championship game it will be a very good series

BettisFan
04-24-2008, 09:18 PM
dang toronto beat orlando! And Washington is about to be cleveland look for atlanta to win!

The Duke
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
man, what a great game! hawks definitely wanted it more. this are the games I enjoy watching. didn't realize how good atlanta was until now. championship seems very possible

looking forward to the next 3 games....

lilyoder6
04-29-2008, 10:07 AM
but atl sucks on the road.. i think bos will win at home..

but it also depends on if anyone gets suspended after that lil "brawl" they had last nite...

magic won the series 4-1 and the lakers swept den..

BettisFan
04-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Hawks won again!!! GO HAWKS

MACH1
04-29-2008, 01:13 PM
GO LAKERS

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/Chicagoboy12/broom.gif

BettisFan
04-29-2008, 02:11 PM
GO LAKERS

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/Chicagoboy12/broom.gif

i am really happy the nuggets are out I really dont like them along with the jazz (dirtiest team in the nba) and the celtics.

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Hawks baby!! its 4th quarter left 100-98 20 seconds left Atlantas winning!!!! Lets make this upset a reality!!!! UPSETS DO HAPPEN!!<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmWRiOOoVNA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmWRiOOoVNA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 09:53 PM
10 seconds Hawks up 102-98 so its s 2 possession game!! Its going to game 7!!! (unless some unforeseen miracle) GO HAWKS!

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 09:55 PM
haha just like golden state beating the number one seed Atlanta can do it too!

10.6 seconds

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 09:55 PM
102-100 atlanta is winning 8.7 seconds atlanta has the ball (timeout right now)

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 09:59 PM
YEAAASSSSSSS OMG YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAWKS WIN!!!! 103-100!!!! YESSSS
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ITS GOING TO GAME 7 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOO HAWWWWKKKKSSS!!!!!

MACH1
05-03-2008, 09:16 AM
I hope the hawks can pull off the upset.

MACH1
05-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Did the hawks know that there was a game today?
That is embarrassing if your a hawk fan.

BettisFan
05-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Its gunna be Spurs vs. Detroit in the finals

MACH1
05-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Its gunna be Spurs vs. Detroit in the finals

Spurs are gonna be lucky IF the get by N.O.

BettisFan
05-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Spurs are built for the playoffs so i am looking for them to make a run and win against NO, mabey not tthough.

TackleMeBen
05-05-2008, 08:37 PM
i hate the spurs.. go pistons.

fansince'76
05-05-2008, 08:58 PM
What is it with all the Spurs hate? They win the right way and they win with class - their best player has ZERO ego (hear that, Kobe?) and the rest of the team follows his lead. I hope the Spurs win it all again just to piss people off. They've been in 1-0 holes in the playoffs before - the Spurs are FAR from dead.

Preacher
05-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Basketball?

Hmm... That "sport" reminds me of a smiley...

:sissies: foul foul...

Nice stand there all nice without anyone bothering you and try to put this nice big orange ball through that circle up there!

:wink02:

tony hipchest
05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
What is it with all the Spurs hate? They win the right way and they win with class - their best player has ZERO ego (hear that, Kobe?) and the rest of the team follows his lead. I hope the Spurs win it all again just to piss people off. They've been in 1-0 holes in the playoffs before - the Spurs are FAR from dead. reason i will always root for t. duncan and p. manning-

they both couldve came out of college early and been #1 in their draft but they both returned for their sr year.

very rare nowadays.

that attitude alone says teamsmanship and champion to me wether you have a ring or not (coincidentally both do and are top players in their respective leagues).

MACH1
05-05-2008, 11:30 PM
What is it with all the Spurs hate? They win the right way and they win with class - their best player has ZERO ego (hear that, Kobe?) and the rest of the team follows his lead. I hope the Spurs win it all again just to piss people off. They've been in 1-0 holes in the playoffs before - the Spurs are FAR from dead.

I'm not hating on the spurs, I just think the hornets are the better team. It might go 6 games.
Actually I think N.O. will be in the finals.

revefsreleets
05-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Cavs Celtics series reminds me of Obi Won Kenobi fighting Darth Grevious....except I don't think LeBron is going to win the battle all by himself.

TackleMeBen
05-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Cavs Celtics series reminds me of Obi Won Kenobi fighting Darth Grevious....except I don't think LeBron is going to win the battle all by himself.
a star wars reference..lol

fansince'76
05-06-2008, 08:44 AM

Don't be so sure about that - we're talking about a Celtics team which was the only 60+ game winner in the NBA this season that was taken to a 7th game by a Hawks team that finished 37-45.

TackleMeBen
05-06-2008, 09:59 AM
i am not a fan of lebron. i do think he is a great player, but some of the hype is overhype imo.

fansince'76
05-06-2008, 10:08 AM
i am not a fan of lebron. i do think he is a great player, but some of the hype is overhype imo.

He single-handedly took that team to the Finals last year (albeit in a very weak Eastern Conference, but what does that say for the Celtics?). He's probably better alone than Atlanta's starting 5 combined.

Edman
05-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't get the Spurs hate either. Unlike the Puketriots, they win with class and their coach isn't a cheating malcontent who dresses in a dirty hoodie.

fansince'76
05-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't get the Spurs hate either.

I think it has something to do with their franchise player being "boring," as opposed to spending entire offseason(s) (yes, plural) making a spectacle of himself by badmouthing the FO, team ownership (ironically for the team going to hell for a couple of years because they caved in to HIS whims to begin with), ripping his teammates and generally acting like a spoiled 5-year-old on a regular basis. I guess I'm one of the few who prefer "boring."

The Duke
05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I think it has something to do with their franchise player being "boring," as opposed to spending entire offseason(s) (yes, plural) making a spectacle of himself by badmouthing the FO, team ownership (ironically for the team going to hell for a couple of years because they caved in to HIS whims to begin with), ripping his teammates and generally acting like a spoiled 5-year-old on a regular basis. I guess I'm one of the few who prefer "boring."

very well said

the spurs are not only one of he classiest teams in all sports, but they are a good team, a winning team. that why I always root for them, and I believe they may turn iit around and beat the hornets.

revefsreleets
05-06-2008, 01:25 PM
LeBron is what? 23? We won't even glimpse how good he really is for at least a couple more years...

BettisFan
05-08-2008, 10:17 AM
lets hope the Hornets can go far

Lord Stiller
05-08-2008, 10:34 AM
I don't get the Spurs hate either. Unlike the Puketriots, they win with class and their coach isn't a cheating malcontent who dresses in a dirty hoodie.

LOL. did you watch last year?

no class

F the Spurs

fansince'76
05-08-2008, 10:40 AM
LOL. did you watch last year?

no class

F the Spurs

Why were they classless? Because the Cavs happened to be absolutely no match for them?

MACH1
05-08-2008, 11:15 AM
lets hope the Hornets can go far

Switching bandwagons again. :chuckle:

The Duke
05-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Switching bandwagons again. :chuckle:

lol :sofunny:

Why were they classless? Because the Cavs happened to be absolutely no match for them?

exactly. I still see no reason for the spurs hate

go spurs! :tt03:

if they believe it they can turn this series around

ShutDown24
05-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I want to see Chris Paul play against Kobe.

tony hipchest
05-08-2008, 10:34 PM
spurs and hornets really play beautiful and fundamentally sound basketball.

many times you watch a game and it looks like playground basketball.

with these 2 teams you really notice the coaching, plays, and practice that goes into it.

BettisFan
05-08-2008, 10:39 PM
I am rooting for the hornets now i hope CP3 and David West can go all the way i have no one else to root for

fansince'76
05-08-2008, 10:47 PM

with these 2 teams you really notice the coaching, plays, and practice that goes into it.

Agreed - and it's playground basketball and a lack of fundamentals that has gotten Team USA embarrassed on a number of occasions over the last few years. The rest of the world has gotten a little too good at the game (particularly in Europe and South America) for even our best players to get away with that anymore.

Preacher
05-08-2008, 10:58 PM

I don't like basketball... and haven't been watching....

but your comments struck me.

It is the same reason why i like watching woman's hockey in the olympic games... because the game is slowed down a bit... you can see the fundamentals.

Seem reason I like watching female volleyball...

(and yeah.. that IS the reason... !)

BettisFan
05-08-2008, 11:34 PM
I don't like basketball... and haven't been watching....

but your comments struck me.

It is the same reason why i like watching woman's hockey in the olympic games... because the game is slowed down a bit... you can see the fundamentals.

Seem reason I like watching female volleyball...

(and yeah.. that IS the reason... !)

lol u would rather watch womens hockey than the nba thats wrong man comeon!

fansince'76
05-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Don't look now, but the Spurs' playoff experience and the Hornets' playoff inexperience is beginning to show. Knew the Spurs were going to start playing defense and shut them down eventually.

Rygor
05-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I want to see Chris Paul get owned by Deron Williams once again if it's a Jazz vs. Hornets Western Conference Final. If it ends up being the Spurs in it, though, I won't be dissappointed.

lilyoder6
05-12-2008, 10:09 AM
thru out most of the playoffs the home team has won.. so i can see the horn and spurs game going to 7 if they can't win in game 6 at SA... the lakers should of won last night.. u could see that the injury to kobe affected his game by a whole bunch.. and w/ fisher fouling out when he was hot from the 3 point line was bad... farmer had a horrible game.. hopefully la comes home and beats them and they have a good chance winning game 6 at utah

The Duke
05-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't look now, but the Spurs' playoff experience and the Hornets' playoff inexperience is beginning to show. Knew the Spurs were going to start playing defense and shut them down eventually.

yep, the spurs are full of veterans, they know how to get out holes, and they know how win

the hornets are a good team, next season they will be strong contenders, and more experienced. though I'm not counting them out this year yet

last night game was amazing!

Preacher
05-12-2008, 04:12 PM
lol u would rather watch womens hockey than the nba thats wrong man comeon!

I just don't see a reason to watch 10 grown men throw a ball through a hoop fifty times per team... and then in the last 2 minutes, which take 10 to play, it is all decided.

Basketball is the example of what happens when defenses are hamstrung too much for the sake of excitement.

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 04:15 PM
yep, the spurs are full of veterans, they know how to get out holes, and they know how win

the hornets are a good team, next season they will be strong contenders, and more experienced. though I'm not counting them out this year yet

last night game was amazing!

I agree - nothing against the Hornets as I like Byron Scott and thought he got completely reamed in New Jersey, thanks to Jason Kidd. Justice was served when the Kidd's new team, the Mavericks, got knocked out by the Hornets. :toofunny:

TackleMeBen
05-12-2008, 04:17 PM
i only watch pro basketball when the playoffs are on. i do however love college basketball, and i have found that i actually enjoy watching womens college basketball.

The Duke
05-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I just don't see a reason to watch 10 grown men throw a ball through a hoop fifty times per team... and then in the last 2 minutes, which take 10 to play, it is all decided.

Basketball is the example of what happens when defenses are hamstrung too much for the sake of excitement.

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

lilyoder6
05-12-2008, 06:26 PM
i only ser start to watch nba when the playoffs come around.. thats when the games are always going to be exciting and not just a blow out evry time... but basketball is more appealing to watch than any other sport except 4 football and girls softball esp when the us team destroys evry team that comes to play them..

BettisFan
05-13-2008, 10:14 AM
lol that was crazy last night lebron told his mom to
"sit her a$$ down" last night when she got involved shes the lady in the white shirt
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hl_9z35fz54&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hl_9z35fz54&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

TackleMeBen
05-13-2008, 08:56 PM
the pistons are going to the eastern finals for the 6th year in a row.

lilyoder6
05-13-2008, 09:20 PM
i saw that when he told his mom that... i mean she had no right to do that.. it happens all the time and i liked how kg was trying to hold her back

The Duke
05-14-2008, 08:53 PM
man, the spurs are in a hole now. seems like the hornets could actually surprise.

this is going for game 7 though, and anything can happen there.....

tony hipchest
05-14-2008, 09:22 PM
the pistons are going to the eastern finals for the 6th year in a row.amazing that they could pass up carmello, and piss away the 2nd pick in the draft and find that kind of fortune.

i was looking forward for some new blood to advance. while i respect the pistins and their players individually, they jumped the shark and are alittle boring.

lilyoder6
05-15-2008, 09:34 AM
pistons are a good team and was fan of them.. but i could poss see all the remaining playoff games go to a game 7.. but i think that the lakers as the best chance of winning game 6 since the loses they did have at utah were very close and not blowout like the bos-cle and noh-sas series

also how sick is kobe going 6-10 fg not sure bout ft and having 26 points.. he is becoming a team player now.. odom finish that game out last nite

fansince'76
05-15-2008, 09:42 AM
also how sick is kobe going 6-10 fg not sure bout ft and having 26 points..

He was 13-17 from the line - he's the newest beneficiary of the "Jordan Rules" - someone so much as farts within 20 feet of him and he's going to the charity stripe for two shots. The next closest guy last night as far as number of FTs taken was Deron Williams with 8. :coffee:

BettisFan
05-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Wow so it looks like a Lakers Celtics finals...who knew.....

MACH1
05-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow so it looks like a Lakers Celtics finals...who knew.....

I wouldn't go just that far yet.

revefsreleets
05-15-2008, 07:01 PM
The Cavs seem to be figuring the Celtics out, and Boston can't win on the road to save their collective life. I suspect this comes down to game 7 in Boston, and I wouldn't bet a nickel on the outcome of that game...

BettisFan
05-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Well its half and cavs are up 42-33!

MACH1
05-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Well its half and cavs are up 42-33!

And they had a led in the last game too. You seen how that worked out. :laughing:

lilyoder6
05-16-2008, 09:26 PM
well utah does foul a lot when they do play.. game 1 la had like 45 ft att..

ray allen has been a ghost this series.. he needs to show up 4 the snd half or game 7

fansince'76
05-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't see the Celtics making it past the Pistons (assuming they even make it past the Cavs) - they simply don't have the killer instinct. They shouldn't be getting pushed to the brink of elimination by teams that won 20-30 fewer games than they did during the regular season if they're truly as good as a 66-16 record would indicate.

BettisFan
05-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Agreed, All the Celtics have now is three guys who were not playoff players and couldnt take their teams deep (Paul(one time in east finals 2002), Kevin (got past the first round one time), Ray ( been to the conference finals and semi finals but never won it all) Now put them all together in the season are Phenominal and mind boggling but when it gets to the playoffs they still cant do it! I mean they cant win when they arent home!

MACH1
05-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Lakers pulled one outa their ass last night, now its on to the next victim. :chuckle:

GO LAKERS

The Duke
05-17-2008, 12:44 PM
lakers fought hard and got the win. nice job.

the spurs turn the series around on monday!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Lakers pulled one outa their ass last night, now its on to the next victim. :chuckle:

GO LAKERS

i was hoping to see the Jazz pull it out...they are going to be very good for the next several years!

TackleMeBen
05-17-2008, 02:58 PM
i was hoping to see the Jazz pull it out...they are going to be very good for the next several years!
:iagree:

revefsreleets
05-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't sell the Cavs short...they did change half their team midway through the season. They have had to learn how to play together on the fly, and they do have Lebron, so anything could happen.

Hines86Ward
05-19-2008, 04:55 PM
I'd like to see the Cavs make a coaching change. Mike Brown doesn't really know what he's doing. He shuffles his roster around way too much. His offense isn't the best fit for LeBron & Co. And it really doesn't seem like anyone on the team actually respects his authority.

Hopefully the Spurs win tonight. I got Spurs-Pistons in the Finals....

BettisFan
05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
alright guys i see the hornets winning at home tonight and you?

pittsburghp8baller
05-19-2008, 07:27 PM
alright guys i see the hornets winning at home tonight and you?

i gotta agree ill be flipping between that and the dallas/detroit game

revefsreleets
05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
The Cavs Celtics game was awesome...Pierce and James played their guts out, and it became an instant classic. I don't care much for the pro game, but that was a great game.

The Cavs have one shot at keeping LeBron, and it comes this off-season. He turns 24, and in a year or two he'll start hitting his stride. He needs his Scottie Pippen next year.

BettisFan
05-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Jeez the hornets bench cant do anything

The Duke
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
there it goes. in the end, the experienced team wins it. there was no doubt in my mind the spurs would win this one, they just know how to find ways to win

nice series hornets, those guys really gave a fight.

BettisFan
05-19-2008, 10:33 PM
well hornets sucked, and Its going to be the Lakers vs. the Pistons.. (lets hope this is right)

The Duke
05-19-2008, 11:11 PM
well hornets sucked, and Its going to be the Lakers vs. the Pistons.. (lets hope this is right)

I love how people write the spurs off immediately. imo the lakers will struggle against the spurs, big time

spurs-lakers is the series I've been waiting for since the beginning of the playoffs, champs vs possibly the hottest team of the moment. I've been rooting for both teams, and now they finally come face to face. I'm going to enjoy the following games so much

btw bettisfan, love the sig! D'Antoni will be the savior. I believe:tt03:

MACH1
05-19-2008, 11:37 PM
I love how people write the spurs off immediately. imo the lakers will struggle against the spurs, big time

spurs-lakers is the series I've been waiting for since the beginning of the playoffs, champs vs possibly the hottest team of the moment. I've been rooting for both teams, and now they finally come face to face. I'm going to enjoy the following games so much

btw bettisfan, love the sig! D'Antoni will be the savior. I believe:tt03:

Its going to be a good series. Hopefully with the lakers winning it.

As far as the knicks go its going to take a few years to get that mess cleaned up.

lilyoder6
05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
well the spurs have lil time to rest and have to quickly fly out to LA.. hopefully LA wins.. and w/ the cavs they are horrible.. they won't be able to find anyone to comp lebron 4 a while and i bet in 2-3 yrs he'll be leaving...

I WILL SAY THAT LEBRON JAMES WILL BE THE SAVIOR OF THE NEW YORK KNICKS OR NEW JERSEY NETS

fansince'76
05-20-2008, 11:13 AM
D'Antoni will be the savior. I believe:tt03:

With Isiah Thomas staying in the F.O. as an assistant to Donnie Walsh? Good luck with that. Isiah needs a studio job like Barkley and Kenny Smith have where he can't do any more damage. He's a walking clusterfook as a team executive.

Rooting for the Spurs all the way.

MACH1
05-20-2008, 12:05 PM
With Isiah Thomas staying in the F.O. as an assistant to Donnie Walsh? Good luck with that. Isiah needs a studio job like Barkley and Kenny Smith have where he can't do any more damage. He's a walking clusterfook as a team executive.

Rooting for the Spurs all the way.

Yep they need to get rid of isiah first. He's destroyed two teams now, you think they would learn.

BOO the spurs BOOOOO....:flap:

lilyoder6
05-20-2008, 12:08 PM
no one is going to reply to my saying that lebron will be the savior in a few yrs after he leaves cle... :(

MACH1
05-20-2008, 12:27 PM
no one is going to reply to my saying that lebron will be the savior in a few yrs after he leaves cle... :(

Depends on where he goes and if he goes.

stlrtruck
05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Lebron wants to be the next Michael so bad he can taste it but from what I've seen he doesn't possess the leadership abilities that Michael did, nor does he exhibit the, "I'm the man on the floor" mentality that Jordan had (just my two cents and you can keep the change)!

Although not much of a basketball fan - go Spurs!!!

fansince'76
05-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Lebron wants to be the next Michael so bad he can taste it but from what I've seen he doesn't possess the leadership abilities that Michael did, nor does he exhibit the, "I'm the man on the floor" mentality that Jordan had (just my two cents and you can keep the change)!

Although not much of a basketball fan - go Spurs!!!

In all fairness, LeBron is still only 23 years old. I think he is a better player at 23 than Jordan was at 23. Jordan wasn't having triple-double games in the playoffs like LeBron has been at such a young age. When Jordan was 23, he was scoring 60+ in a playoff game against the Celtics while his team still lost the game. That's kinda where the Cavs are with LeBron right now - a one-man show.

lilyoder6
05-20-2008, 01:53 PM
but as u saw in the series w the celts he was shutdown 4 5 games

fansince'76
05-20-2008, 02:03 PM
but as u saw in the series w the celts he was shutdown 4 5 games

He scored 20+ in 6 of the 7 games. He scored 30+ in 3 of them. He was the game high scorer (for both teams) in 6 of the 7 games. Shut down? More like LeBron being LeBron for every game except the series opener and getting next to no help as usual. Kinda underscores my point of LeBron being a one-man show for the Cavs. But don't take my word for it, check out the series breakdown:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/1-ManTeam.jpg

Cavs/Celtics Series Breakdown (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/playoffs/clebos)

BettisFan
05-20-2008, 02:18 PM
I wrote the spurs off becuase i dislike them alot, I just dont like the team

With James yea he will most likely go to the nets though since He is best friends with Jay-Z and Jay Z is moving the nets to Brooklyn. Lebron will save the Nets, but in 2 years alot of all stars become free agents those will go the knicks who have lots and lots of money.

lilyoder6
05-20-2008, 03:21 PM
umm lets see here
game 1: CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
LeBron James, SF 39 2-18 0-6 8-10 2 7 9 9 1 1 10 4 12 (8 points cam from FT)
game 2: LeBron James, SF 42 6-24 0-4 9-13 2 3 5 6 2 1 7 1 21 (9 points came from FT)
game 3: 40 5-16 3-5 8-12 0 5 5 8 4 3 2 3 21 (8 from FT)
game 4: 44 7-20 2-5 5-8 1 5 6 13 3 2 4 3 21 (5 from FT)
game 5: 45 12-25 0-5 11-13 0 3 3 5 1 1 4 3 35 (11 from FT)
game 6: 47 9-23 1-3 13-15 3 9 12 6 2 1 8 2 32 (13 from FT)
game 7: 47 14-29 3-11 14-19 1 4 5 6 2 0 2 4 45 (14 from FT)

other than game 7 lebron was shut down.. his fg % was below 25 % thru the 1 4 games.. and the lebron i always see avgs at least 32 ppg.. so they did shut him down

fansince'76
05-20-2008, 03:25 PM
umm lets see here
game 1: CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
LeBron James, SF 39 2-18 0-6 8-10 2 7 9 9 1 1 10 4 12 (8 points cam from FT)
game 2: LeBron James, SF 42 6-24 0-4 9-13 2 3 5 6 2 1 7 1 21 (9 points came from FT)
game 3: 40 5-16 3-5 8-12 0 5 5 8 4 3 2 3 21 (8 from FT)
game 4: 44 7-20 2-5 5-8 1 5 6 13 3 2 4 3 21 (5 from FT)
game 5: 45 12-25 0-5 11-13 0 3 3 5 1 1 4 3 35 (11 from FT)
game 6: 47 9-23 1-3 13-15 3 9 12 6 2 1 8 2 32 (13 from FT)
game 7: 47 14-29 3-11 14-19 1 4 5 6 2 0 2 4 45 (14 from FT)

other than game 7 lebron was shut down.. his fg % was below 25 % thru the 1 4 games.. and the lebron i always see avgs at least 32 ppg.. so they did shut him down

I guess we have differing definitions of the term "shut down," then. I don't consider a guy that is the game high scorer in six games of a seven game series (for BOTH teams, not just his own) to be "shut down."

revefsreleets
05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
He was the best player on the court, and the Celtics played him like that. It exposed the glaring weakness of the Cavs that they are LeBron and 4 other guys playing with LeBron. Dude needs his Pippen.

BettisFan
05-21-2008, 12:45 PM
well celtics most likely will win it all they will win their home games and wont on the road, Game 7 is in boston...bad news detroit

fansince'76
05-21-2008, 01:10 PM
well celtics most likely will win it all they will win their home games and wont on the road, Game 7 is in boston...bad news detroit

Only problem with that is Detroit actually has shown that they know how to win on the road and they've been in this exact same position before, and more than once - bad news Boston:

The Pistons didn’t have home-court advantage the last two times they won the conference finals in 2004 and 2005.

Celtics/Pistons Preview (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview;_ylt=AtIBkpSSQInROXnbGlmevKmLvLYF?gid=2008 052002&prov=ap)

BettisFan
05-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Only problem with that is Detroit actually has shown that they know how to win on the road and they've been in this exact same position before, and more than once - bad news Boston:

Celtics/Pistons Preview (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview;_ylt=AtIBkpSSQInROXnbGlmevKmLvLYF?gid=2008 052002&prov=ap)

last night was really close, i hope Detroit can do it

fansince'76
05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Let's go Spurs! Steal that home court advantage tonight! :beerbang:

The Duke
05-21-2008, 07:56 PM

why exactly? I still don't understand the spurs hate

now....if LeBron came to the knicks I'd take him gladly. he's proved me wrong this past two seasons, the guy is an excellent player, he's just cursed to be in cleveland on a team that's basically him and.....him

MACH1
05-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Let's go Spurs! Steal that home court advantage tonight! :beerbang:

Nope not gonna happen!!!

BOOO the spurs BOOOOOOO

BettisFan
05-21-2008, 08:31 PM
oy vey i just dont care anymore

lilyoder6
05-21-2008, 09:58 PM
well w/ the idea of lebron having team highs in points is very easy 4 lebron on the cle team.. cle has no one else except 4 himself... i mean i could have the team high on cle if lebron didn't play...

fansince'76
05-21-2008, 11:58 PM
well w/ the idea of lebron having team highs in points is very easy 4 lebron on the cle team.. cle has no one else except 4 himself...

Which is exactly the point I was trying to make all along.

That's kinda where the Cavs are with LeBron right now - a one-man show.

Fact is, he also scored more than anybody on the Celtics in 6 out of the 7 games as well.

....a guy that is the game high scorer in six games of a seven game series (for BOTH teams, not just his own)....

I'll admit he got slowed down by the Celtics - that's bound to happen when you have 2-3 guys in your face every time you touch the ball. However, "slowed down" does not mean "shut down." As Rev pointed out, until the Cavs get LeBron his own "Scottie Pippen," the Cavs aren't going to win anything. Jordan never won anything on his own either, and while I wouldn't put LeBron in Jordan's class as a player quite yet, the potential is definitely there - which leads back to my initial point of LeBron being a better player at 23 than Jordan was at the same age. LeBron is going to be downright scary good in about 5 years.

Nope not gonna happen!!!

BOOO the spurs BOOOOOOO

Awright, your boys pulled one out of their asses tonight - they better not get behind by that much again if they want to win this series. :chuckle:

MACH1
05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Awright, your boys pulled one out of their asses tonight - they better not get behind by that much again. :chuckle:

Yeah...They played that first half with their heads up their asses or at least kobe did.

The Duke
05-22-2008, 03:07 PM
gotta give it to the lakers, that was a nice comeback last night. kobe sunk them but brough them back. nice job by him

but they better not get too comfortable, the spurs are not the kind that go down easily. just look at the previous series

if they want to win they should win the next at LA

lilyoder6
05-22-2008, 10:00 PM
derek fisher and lamar odom needs to have a bounce back game..

but during the 1st 4 games of the series his shooting % was below 25ish or something like that and was the lowest ever in playoff history

BettisFan
05-22-2008, 11:25 PM
and Detroit is going to win the series, boston cant win on the road and Detriot just won in boston!

MACH1
05-22-2008, 11:32 PM
and Detroit is going to win the series, boston cant win on the road and Detriot just won in boston!

You need to quit flopping around like a fish.

Originally Posted by BettisFan

BettisFan
05-23-2008, 12:00 AM
You need to quit flopping around like a fish.

That was before Detroit won in boston, I will say again though i dont care who wins it all anymore but for real its a big change that Detroit can win in boston, my first statement was considering boston won all their home games

MACH1
05-23-2008, 12:07 AM
That was before Detroit won in boston, I will say again though i dont care who wins it all anymore but for real its a big change that Detroit can win in boston, my first statement was considering boston won all their home games

And if the celts win on the road then you'll jump back on their bandwagon, right. :doh:

BettisFan
05-23-2008, 01:07 AM
And if the celts win on the road then you'll jump back on their bandwagon, right. :doh:

ok dude sorry to piss u off, i am not on either bandwagon i dont care for any of the team in the playoff now, i was just predicting who would win, sorry i am just talking jeez man no need to get mad

MACH1
05-23-2008, 10:04 AM
ok dude sorry to piss u off, i am not on either bandwagon i dont care for any of the team in the playoff now, i was just predicting who would win, sorry i am just talking jeez man no need to get mad

I'm not mad. Just giving you a little sh*t. :poke:

verks36
05-23-2008, 10:32 AM
i am wanting a celtics lakers final with kobe winning it all without shaq

BettisFan
05-23-2008, 02:17 PM
i am wanting a celtics lakers final with kobe winning it all without shaq

And you know Kobe would love to have the ring that does not have shaq included with it

tony hipchest
05-23-2008, 02:30 PM
manu ginobli sure has looked like crap recently. in what could be a 7 game series, it was imperative that he be "on" in game 1.

im a little worried about the spurs and think the lakers steal this series in 6. had the spurs not choked game 1 away, id feel pretty confident with them in 7.

BettisFan
05-23-2008, 10:48 PM
LA Whooped the SPurs!

MACH1
05-23-2008, 10:55 PM
The spurs were showing their age tonight. We'll see what happens now at their house, this thing's a long way from over.

lilyoder6
05-23-2008, 11:23 PM
i told u the diff would be odom's play 2nite and there bench was good

fansince'76
05-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Seems to me the Hornets blew the Spurs out in the first two games of the last series - what happened there, again? The Lakers are lucky not to be going back to San Antonio with a split. Long way from over.

MACH1
05-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Seems to me the Hornets blew the Spurs out in the first two games of the last series - what happened there, again? The Lakers are lucky not to be going back to San Antonio with a split. Long way from over.

Yep...Like I said its a long way from over.

TackleMeBen
05-24-2008, 10:42 AM
i hate the spurs. and it looks like the celtics may have just lost the series by not winning both games at home.

The Duke
05-24-2008, 11:08 AM
man, the spurs were manhandled last last night

but I agree, this series is far form over. let's see how the lakers do at San Antonio. if they win there the spurs chance are slim

lilyoder6
05-24-2008, 11:56 AM

the diff is that the hornets were a young team w/o rly any exp playing in a game 7...
and the lakers are a better exp team.. and they have the mvp..

fansince'76
05-25-2008, 08:20 AM
the diff is that the hornets were a young team w/o rly any exp playing in a game 7...
and the lakers are a better exp team.. and they have the mvp..

Really? Outside of Kobe and Fisher, how many players on the Lakers have ever been to a conference finals series? Nash was MVP 2 years in a row - how many championships did that net the Suns? Way to discount the Spurs' experience as well. This series isn't anywhere near over.

lilyoder6
05-25-2008, 09:40 AM
lets look at the suns they had nash, amare and pos could count marion

lets look at the lakers... kobe, fisher, gasol, odom.. they are playing very well.. too bad bynum got injured... and there bench is better than ever i think w/ farmer,vujiac and rad uping there game... and it's not all on kobe.. he only scored 22 points and they won by 30..

the spurs do have the exp like u say.. but manu has been nursing an ankle and wrist injury.. and the tandom of gasol and odom on duncan in the paint looks to bne working... if this series does go pass 4 games which i do think i hope the lakers get a win at SA..

The Duke
05-27-2008, 10:57 PM
now that was a heartbreaker for the spurs....

that foul should have been called!

fansince'76
05-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Damn - the Spurs couldn't buy a shot tonight. :shake01:

MACH1
05-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Stick a fork in em. I think their done. Unless they can beat the lakers 3 out of 4 which I don't think will happen.

http://www.ookingdom.com/newsarchive/2004/done.jpg

lilyoder6
05-28-2008, 08:04 AM
i think the spurs were getting most of the calls early.. y do u think they got back into the game early... and it was at the end of the game.. just let them play it out.. b/c if u want to get more technical.. the lakers should of gotten a new shot clock right b4 as it went off a spurs leg and then they would of had to foul kobe and he would of made it a 4 point game.. either way game over la wins

MACH1
05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
i think the spurs were getting most of the calls early.. y do u think they got back into the game early... and it was at the end of the game.. just let them play it out.. b/c if u want to get more technical.. the lakers should of gotten a new shot clock right b4 as it went off a spurs leg and then they would of had to foul kobe and he would of made it a 4 point game.. either way game over la wins

Yeah the refs were calling a lot of touch fouls last night. That last play with Fish was a good non-call. IMO Barry initiated the contact on dribble then tried the shot.
And your right about the shot clock. The refs were horrible in this game. (Trying not to sound like a holmgren). :laughing:

lilyoder6
05-28-2008, 10:10 AM
lol.. hopefully the lakers can win game 5 in la

BettisFan
05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Hmm David Stern let the consipiricy theroies continue with you trying to get the laker and celtics to the finals, yesterdays game between the spurs and lakers fisher for sure fouled barry i said it all day at school and i was pissed and lookie here http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3416412
the NBA admitted it was a foul on a three pointer and that would have won the game! ITs BS, what ever David Stern is mad.

MACH1
05-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Hmm David Stern let the consipiricy theroies continue with you trying to get the laker and celtics to the finals, yesterdays game between the spurs and lakers fisher for sure fouled barry i said it all day at school and i was pissed and lookie here http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3416412
the NBA admitted it was a foul on a three pointer and that would have won the game! ITs BS, what ever David Stern is mad.

Ohhh no not another cover up. Whaaaaa

Just don't forget about the shot clock call that was missed before that. That would have gave the lakers the ball anyway with what 4 sec. left? GAME OVER.
Get over it. Remember you hate the spurs unless of course your jumping bandwagons again.

lilyoder6
05-29-2008, 07:27 AM
if they did call the foul it would of only been a 2 shooter.. like the article said.. the play happened when he was dribbling not shooting.. and like i said b4 about the previous poss of the lakers they should of gotten a new shot clock and then kobe wiould of been fouled...

also go celtics !!!!!!!!!!!

BettisFan
05-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Ohhh no not another cover up. Whaaaaa

Just don't forget about the shot clock call that was missed before that. That would have gave the lakers the ball anyway with what 4 sec. left? GAME OVER.
Get over it. Remember you hate the spurs unless of course your jumping bandwagons again.

... Jeez on the attack again huh? Well yea i do hate the spurs but i am against this whole thing (conspiracy) that David stern and the nba are trying to get the old dynasties of Laker Celtics back in the finals together so I am rooting for the Pistons and Spurs.

MACH1
05-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Are you "on the weed"

There is no conspiracy. As I said before the refs sucked as a whole not just favoring one team. If you think they were favoring the lakers check out how many fouls were called against both teams.

Lakers- 19 FTA
Spurs - 26 FTA

fansince'76
05-29-2008, 11:06 AM
... Jeez on the attack again huh? Well yea i do hate the spurs but i am against this whole thing (conspiracy) that David stern and the nba are trying to get the old dynasties of Laker Celtics back in the finals together so I am rooting for the Pistons and Spurs.

Why would they try to get the Celtics in over the Pistons, when Detroit is a far larger TV market than Boston is? The Spurs are down 3-1 right now as well because they just aren't making the shots they usually make and they're routinely getting beaten off the dribble by a younger team. Time to hang the tinfoil hat up.

fansince'76
05-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Damn Lakers. :banging:

That one was just for you, Mach. :chuckle:

MACH1
05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Damn Lakers. :banging:

That one was just for you, Mach. :chuckle:

Why thank you. :drink:

Out with the old and in with the new.
How bout that 4th qtr. by your MVP. :chuckle:

BettisFan
05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Well the lakers won the west and looks like are back to their dominating ways

TackleMeBen
05-30-2008, 05:52 AM
at least its not the spurs. i have feeling its going to be the lakers/celtics in the finals.

The Duke
05-30-2008, 06:55 AM
man, this sucks. spurs were outplayed, nice series by the lakers though

go pistons! I just don't want the celtics to win it, nor kobe

lilyoder6
05-30-2008, 09:57 AM
spurs choked 2 times in la in this series.. up by 20 and up by 17 to end up losing... lakers are on fire right now and playing some great ball

MACH1
05-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Let the conspiracy theories fly.

Lakers And Celts for the championship.

GO LAKERS

BettisFan
05-30-2008, 10:29 PM
ewww this sucks! Celtics lakers.. great now i have to root for the lakers... Mr.Stern what have u been working?

tony hipchest
05-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Let the conspiracy theories fly.

Lakers And Celts for the championship.

GO LAKERSas a relatively nuetral fan more of the nba than any individual team, i hope not.

i probably woulda prefered spurs/cavs, but how can you argue with

pierce, garnett, allen, bryant, odom, and gasol?

have there ever been more top 10 draft picks in a finals?

anyways it kills me to root for anything boston, but it will be 100 degrees here next week and i will definitely be sporting my t-wolves garnett jersey and my ray allen bucks to keep semi-cool... :cool:

MACH1
05-31-2008, 02:33 AM
I like Garnett, he just plays for the wrong team.

I've been a Laker fan almost as long as a Steeler fan. When I was in 6th grade the NCAA championship game was in town where I lived at the time. I was lucky enough to be able to attend the game and watch Indiana vs. Michigan St.- Bird vs. Magic. Hell of a game! And after that Magic went to the Lakers and was the only rookie to win a NBA Finals MVP and still is, besides my dad was(is) a huge bird fan so my hatred of anything boston goes back a long way.:chuckle:

The Duke
05-31-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm torn. root for kobe :horror:, or a boston team :puke:

go knicks? :flap:

fansince'76
05-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Well, I used to pull for the Celtics back in the '80s when they played against the Lakers (even though I liked Dr. J's Sixers teams better than either of them). Considering how much I dislike Kobe, and the fact that I like KG and Ray Allen, not to mention Doc Rivers, I guess I'll be pulling for the Celtics again. When it comes to the NBA, I have always rooted for individual players moreso than teams.

Steelman16
05-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Well, I used to pull for the Celtics back in the '80s when they played against the Lakers (even though I liked Dr. J's Sixers teams better than either of them). Considering how much I dislike Kobe, and the fact that I like KG and Ray Allen, not to mention Doc Rivers, I guess I'll be pulling for the Celtics again. When it comes to the NBA, I have always rooted for individual players moreso than teams.

Which is the lesser evil? lol I guess I'm with you '76...I do not root for the Lakers, nor do I root for Boston sports. Ugh.

I'll be rooting for KG and Ray to get a ring. I was a Ray fan when he played for Seattle.

BettisFan
05-31-2008, 05:11 PM
I am looking for the Lakers to win it all in the Finals, although the Celtics have more all stars the Lakers are better suited for the Situation with Kobe the MJ of our time how can we blame them?

http://www.moesportsblog.com/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/5/31_Stanley_Cup_game_4.html

fansince'76
05-31-2008, 06:07 PM
In the spirit of the Celtics and Lakers playing each other again in the NBA Finals for the first time in 21 years. :thumbsup:

On another note, I'm really getting old. :old: :chuckle:

tJEa2c_939o

MACH1
05-31-2008, 08:22 PM
My wife gave me this a few years ago. This is one of my favorite collectibles that I have.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/P1010006.jpg

lilyoder6
05-31-2008, 10:20 PM
kobe is good but he is not the mj of this era.. no one will be able to match his talents..

i like the lakers and i like the celtics b/c of kg,ray and pp.. i want the lakers to get a ring (gasol actually winning) but i want the big 3 to get one too.. i hope it goes 7 games and let the best team win... the series will be 2-3-2 so 2 in bos 3 at la and then 2 in bos..

fansince'76
06-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Good start for the Celtics. 1-0, but a long way to go.

MACH1
06-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah, They made the hustle plays in this one. Then kobe reverted back to his old ways and forgot how to pass. You got three guys hangin on you, somebodys got to be open somewhere.

BettisFan
06-08-2008, 01:54 AM
lol hockey is much more interesting tonight would have been game 7 :(

fansince'76
06-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Celtics almost piss one away, but thankfully they didn't. Still a long way to go with the next 3 games in LA.

MACH1
06-08-2008, 11:06 PM
And the sixth man award goes the the zebra's.

Wheres bettisfan when you need a good conspiracy theory. :wink02:

BettisFan
06-09-2008, 12:04 AM
tisk tisk tisk :)

BettisFan
06-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Well there it goes lakers wont be coming back from 2-0

MACH1
06-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Well there it goes lakers wont be coming back from 2-0

It ain't over till its over. The next three games are in LA.

lilyoder6
06-09-2008, 10:01 PM
i think that these next 3 home games will be important for the lakers.. there role players do play way better at home.. i see the series returning to bos either 3-2 la or 3-2 boston....

MACH1
06-10-2008, 11:07 PM
At least they can put the brooms away now. lol

tony hipchest
06-10-2008, 11:14 PM
At least they can put the brooms away now. lolleaving kobe wide open (i agree,i have NEVER seen him that wide open)...bad move.

immediately doubling kobe at the top of the arc and leaving sasha unguarded..... again, a bad move.

= six simple easy practice points.

never mind garnett and pierce having horrible shooting nights.

however, whatever "momentum" the lakers thought they had gained in the final quarter of game 2 didnt really carry over. it still looks good for the celts to steal 1 in LA.

MACH1
06-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah- I think if the lakers can put a complete game together they'd kill boston. Odem pull his head outa his ass and gasoll get more involved, start making some of them lay-ups or just dunk the damned thing.

MACH1
06-12-2008, 10:49 PM
What a choke job. They pulled a patriots.:banging::banging::banging:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/opera-singer.jpg

The Patriot
06-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Theys Dun!

tony hipchest
06-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Theys Dun!congrats celtics!

not for a great game (which it was), but for being able to actually claim a city for a fanbase, as opposed to claiming a whole freaking region ("new england") made up of 5-7 states to establish a following for a putrid franchise.

while i cant stand boston fans, i can handle the celts winning this series. its hard to root for a team such as the lakers, who were handed wins by crooked refs or internal cheating (just like the patriots.)

just like its tough to root for roger "roid rage" clements, and the "broken bat tossing" yankees.

stlrtruck
06-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Hopefully it will be over soon. I can't stand Kobe and his mentality - he kind of reminds me of Brady...always whining about getting touched.

The Duke
06-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Hopefully it will be over soon. I can't stand Kobe and his mentality - he kind of reminds me of Brady...always whining about getting touched.

yep, same here. don't really like the celtics though, but is way better they win it than kobe

TackleMeBen
06-14-2008, 09:12 AM
i dont like either team, but i am pulling for the celtics b/c i hate the lakers and they celtics are from the east.

fansince'76
06-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Congrats to KG, Ray Allen and Doc Rivers. I won't congratulate Boston, however.

Time until Kobe throws his teammates, coaching staff and FO under the bus then throws another tantrum and demands a trade - 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

TackleMeBen
06-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Congrats to KG, Ray Allen and Doc Rivers. I won't congratulate Boston, however.

Time until Kobe throws his teammates, coaching staff and FO under the bus then throws another tantrum and demands a trade - 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....
i might just have to stay up and watching espnnews for that one ;)

The Duke
06-17-2008, 11:04 PM
kobe didn't win, so all's good. congrats celtics

lol

TackleMeBen
06-17-2008, 11:14 PM
jackson is doing his interview on espn news now.

i cant believe how the lakers just laid down and let the celtics walk all over them.

The Patriot
06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
congrats celtics!

not for a great game (which it was), but for being able to actually claim a city for a fanbase, as opposed to claiming a whole freaking region ("new england") made up of 5-7 states to establish a following for a putrid franchise.

while i cant stand boston fans, i can handle the celts winning this series. its hard to root for a team such as the lakers, who were handed wins by crooked refs or internal cheating (just like the patriots.)

just like its tough to root for roger "roid rage" clements, and the "broken bat tossing" yankees.

I still can't believe the Celtics pulled this off.

Jeremy
06-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Kevin McHale should have been banned from the NBA for giving Garnett to the Celtics for nothing. The only player on that team with any honor at all is Paul Pierce. I'm glad he won a championship.

I couldn't care less about the rest of them.

lilyoder6
06-18-2008, 09:16 AM
what the hell are u talking about jeremy??? KG is prob the mosr honorable person that is on that roster.. i mean yeah it was nice 4 the truth to get the finals mvp since he is the orignal.. but KG had the most passion..

and 4 kobe he didn't throw anyone under the bus last nite in his interview.. and he knows that they did alot better than he thought and they will make another run next yr.

and the thing u said about being touched,,, evryone in basketball does it so are all players crybaby's??

Jeremy
06-18-2008, 10:16 AM
what the hell are u talking about jeremy??? KG is prob the mosr honorable person that is on that roster.. i mean yeah it was nice 4 the truth to get the finals mvp since he is the orignal.. but KG had the most passion..

and 4 kobe he didn't throw anyone under the bus last nite in his interview.. and he knows that they did alot better than he thought and they will make another run next yr.

and the thing u said about being touched,,, evryone in basketball does it so are all players crybaby's??

KG tanked at the end of last season. That's hardly honorable.

fansince'76
06-18-2008, 10:28 AM

Doesn't change the fact that he's a punk.

missedgehead
06-18-2008, 12:43 PM
All I got to say is: I am glad ESPN's Golden Boy, Kobe Bryant and his guru Phil Jackson who I could never stand, didn't win. :) I was pulling for the Celtics to win. Glad they did. Boy did they. :)