PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Kelly runs slow...AGAIN

tony hipchest
04-16-2008, 12:23 PM
after shitting the bed at his pro-day and acting like a complete baby, kelly said he would run again for any team that requested.

at todays "re-do" (in which only 3 teams were present) he screwed the pooch again and ran a 4.65.

-as per gil brandt through sirius.

compare this with calvin johnson who had his own issues, wasnt planning on running, borrowed some other kids shoes and blazed a sub 4.4 at last years combine.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
after shitting the bed at his pro-day and acting like a complete baby, kelly said he would run again for any team that requested.

at todays "re-do" (in which only 3 teams were present) he screwed the pooch again and ran a 4.65.

-as per gil brandt through sirius.

compare this with calvin johnson who had his own issues, wasnt planning on running, borrowed some other kids shoes and blazed a sub 4.4 at last years combine.

Goodbye 1st round!!!

lilyoder6
04-16-2008, 01:30 PM
poor malcolm kelly.. if he is there in the 2nd 4 us.. i would think the steelers would be interested

Rhee Rhee
04-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Goodbye 1st round!!!

he can kiss all that guaranteed money goodbye as well

Galax Steeler
04-17-2008, 04:10 AM
I never imagined that kelly was that slow.

revefsreleets
04-17-2008, 08:19 AM
I don't think there is a single WR in this draft worthy of a 1st round pick...not saying none will go (there are teams that HAVE to address the position), but the real value for WR is going to be Rd 2 through probably 5....

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-17-2008, 09:46 AM
That means we might be able to find a good successor for Ward in round 2 or 3. Pretty cool.

Holmes and Washington are the vertical threats and Ward and a rookie are the route runners that just get open. I like it.

To beat the dead horse again, Chad Johnson ran a 4.55-40 his draft year and he's pretty good. Numbers suck, production is the most important.

rbryan
04-17-2008, 10:25 AM
I don't want this guy on day two, let alone any earlier. We can just rehash Fred Gibson for those still pining for that "tall receiver" and save a pick for the OL.

Kelly sounds like a good fit for the Bunglers

revefsreleets
04-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Playing WR in the NFL comes down to two things: Get seperation, and hold onto the ball. Jerry Rice was no burner, but he got open and he caught the football.

steelymcmatt
04-17-2008, 12:01 PM
I don't want this guy on day two, let alone any earlier. We can just rehash Fred Gibson for those still pining for that "tall receiver" and save a pick for the OL.

Kelly sounds like a good fit for the Bunglers

I wouldn't want Kelly as an undrafted free agent, no less wasting a pick on him. Not just because of his time, but because of his attitude and off the field issues. I can only HOPE the bungles or clowns pick him up and he is a cancer for them!

Galax Steeler
04-19-2008, 06:17 AM
Playing WR in the NFL comes down to two things: Get seperation, and hold onto the ball. Jerry Rice was no burner, but he got open and he caught the football.

Exactly speed isn't everything.

Elvis
04-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Its scary, but Mel Kiper has the Steelers selecting him in the 1st round right now. I sure hope that that doesnt happen. Not just because of his speed, we just need Oline and Dline help alot more.
:hatsoff:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Exactly speed isn't everything.

That's right, speed isnt everything, but its nice to have too.

As for Jerry Rice not being fast......:rofl:. He ran away from enough defenders in the NFL that I will say that statement is false. Maybe when he was 40 and playing he wasnt fast, but when he was 23 he was a burner.

Rice wasnt some diamond in the rough either. He posted some huge numbers at Miss. Valley State catching passes from Willie Totten. Saying Jerry Rice wasn't fast is like saying Jack Lambert wasn't that tough.

CantStop85
04-19-2008, 09:05 PM
That's right, speed isnt everything, but its nice to have too.

As for Jerry Rice not being fast......:rofl:. He ran away from enough defenders in the NFL that I will say that statement is false. Maybe when he was 40 and playing he wasnt fast, but when he was 23 he was a burner.

Rice wasnt some diamond in the rough either. He posted some huge numbers at Miss. Valley State catching passes from Willie Totten. Saying Jerry Rice wasn't fast is like saying Jack Lambert wasn't that tough.

If you measure speed by the 40 yard dash, Jerry Rice really wasn't that fast. He only ran a 4.6-4.7 coming out of college.

revefsreleets
04-20-2008, 08:32 AM
If you measure speed by the 40 yard dash, Jerry Rice really wasn't that fast. He only ran a 4.6-4.7 coming out of college.

Precisely. That's the fallacy of depending too much on combine/pro day numbers, especially at WR position. I believe Marques Colston was also "too slow to play NFL WR".

And I also said he was "no burner", not slow. Huge difference.

lilyoder6
04-20-2008, 09:24 AM
i think jerry rice was a lot faster on the field than his 40 stated... tha man was just amazing evry time he stepped on the field... and when he was 40 he was still beating defenders on routes... :o

steelymcmatt
04-21-2008, 10:10 AM

I'm less worried about Kelly's 40 time than I am about his lousy attitude. I DO NOT want a cancer like him in my locker room!

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-21-2008, 10:40 AM

In 1985, then-49ers coach Bill Walsh turned heads by selecting a little-known receiver from obscure Mississippi Valley State. The player's slow-as-molasses 40-time made the pick even more confounding to many.

Walsh, naturally, used the player's 40-yard-dash time as only one small piece of the scouting puzzle. Hence the reason, he traded away two picks to the New England Patriots and selected Jerry Rice at No. 16.

"The knock on me was my speed," Rice said at Cal's pro day workouts last month. "I didn't have track speed, but I had football speed."

In other words, he possessed the ability to run just as fast with football gear on as he did in shorts and T-shirts during workouts for scouts. He also played at the level of his competition, according to many of his teammates.

"Jerry may have been a 4.6 or a 4.7, but he was a 4.2 on Sundays," former 49ers teammate Ronnie Lott said.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_8992619?source=rss

revefsreleets
04-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Bottom line: WR's who can seperate on Sunday's will be good/great receivers. WR's who can't, no matter how fast or tall they are will always be busts.

Elvis
04-25-2008, 06:43 PM
:coffee: Mike Mayock says that he would not hold his speed against him, because he plays alot faster and that is truly what matters... Does that mean I would draft him #1?
NO...

Texasteel
04-25-2008, 07:01 PM
I think that his 40 time just brings up the thought that his knees may not be completely healthy.