PDA

View Full Version : TE Kyle Brady Visits Steelers

Elvis
04-16-2008, 01:38 PM
NOTES -- Former Penn State tight end Kyle Brady, an unrestricted free agent, visited the Steelers yesterday. Brady, 36, has played for the New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars and New England Patriots, who released him Feb. 29. He was the ninth overall pick in the 1995 draft by the Jets. ... The Steelers will honor the memory of Myron Cope, who died Feb. 27, before the home opener Sept. 7. ... The date for the Steelers' preseason opener at home against Philadelphia, previously undetermined, has been set for Aug. 8.
Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com (ebouchette@post-gazette.com).

BlastFurnace
04-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't have a problem bringing him in at all. I'd rather do that than waste a draft pick on one...especially if the only purpose is to have him blocking.

Dylan
04-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't have a problem bringing him in at all. I'd rather do that than waste a draft pick on one...especially if the only purpose is to have him blocking.

steelers already stated they would not be drafting a TE or QB this year

Jeremy
04-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Brady stinks.

revefsreleets
04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
There was a time when this would have been huge news.

This is no longer that time.

tony hipchest
04-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Pyle :poop: Brady???

i guess tuman wouldnt budge on accepting vet minimum?

Mistah_Q
04-16-2008, 04:41 PM
He came to film the voluntary workouts

aclark99
04-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Mr. Hipchest,
Tuman is a Cardinal and he did accept the vet minimum. Brady would be a blocking asset.

skinart82
04-16-2008, 04:46 PM
A position we don't need work at!

slashsteel
04-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I have to go with the vet minimum, and he would be a good addition viewpoint. The guy remains a good blocker. Not flashy but if he helps Ben stand upright he would be well worth the money..............

fansince'76
04-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Tuman is a Cardinal and he did accept the vet minimum.

Source, please.

The Arizona Cardinals signed tight end Jerame Tuman Monday, agreeing to terms with the free agent on a two-year contract. Financial terms of the deal, however, were not disclosed.

http://www.ksbw.com/nfl086/15478775/detail.html

The Arizona Cardinals signed tight end Jerame Tuman Monday, agreeing to terms with the free agent on a two-year contract. Financial terms of the deal, however, were not disclosed.

http://sportstats.mercurynews.com/default.asp?c=bayareaca&page=nfl/news/ABN4135702.htm

http://www.kutv.com/content/sports/story.aspx?content_id=33574d10-5cbb-4755-8d83-4f946c1b6d2b

Sorry, but "financial terms were not disclosed" does not necessarily mean "vet minimum."

Mistah_Q
04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Source, please.
Sorry, but "financial terms were not disclosed" does not necessarily mean "vet minimum."http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFl&id=685

millwalldavey
04-16-2008, 05:52 PM
how neccessary is he?

Elvis
04-16-2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFl&id=685
:hatsoff: Way to be there brother!! Good job on telling everyone the deal and years and money involved and what website it was found on.
:thumbsup:

fansince'76
04-16-2008, 06:45 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFl&id=685

Ah, I didn't see that one, and I hadn't heard what the terms were. Thanks. :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
04-16-2008, 06:52 PM
brady is a good blocking te.. he just need hands

Midnightwriter7
04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
We have Decker as back up not sure of anyone else with Tuman gone... we prolly could use him since we wont be drafting any.. I think they should go younger and someone with size that can get down the field as well... but sine our line is shaky at this point.. we need more of a blocking TE maybe to help out than Decker when using two TE sets...

Carolina Steelers
04-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I dont know why were even wasting our time with Brady I understand he could help in blocking but we got Miller and we drafted Spaeth (spelling not sure) we have other needs

Petesburgh66
04-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Unless he has the Patroits playbook and any inside secrets to the NE offense, Brady is a waste.

SteelersMongol
04-16-2008, 09:48 PM
NOTES -- Former Penn State tight end Kyle Brady, an unrestricted free agent, visited the Steelers yesterday. Brady, 36, has played for the New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars and New England Patriots, who released him Feb. 29. He was the ninth overall pick in the 1995 draft by the Jets. ... The Steelers will honor the memory of Myron Cope, who died Feb. 27, before the home opener Sept. 7. ... The date for the Steelers' preseason opener at home against Philadelphia, previously undetermined, has been set for Aug. 8.
Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com (ebouchette@post-gazette.com).

So he was released cuz the other Brady wouldn't like sharing the name? :wink02:

Steel Pit
04-16-2008, 10:27 PM
This is about as exciting as a Kirby Vacuum salesperson visiting my residence.

Blah,blah,blah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Look pal, I already have 2 vacuums in the closet and a broken one in the garage. GET LOST!

Tankus_Maximus
04-16-2008, 10:42 PM
I have to go with the vet minimum, and he would be a good addition viewpoint. The guy remains a good blocker. Not flashy but if he helps Ben stand upright he would be well worth the money..............

Gotta agree with you...keeping your franchise-qb off his back is always a good thing

Rhee Rhee
04-17-2008, 03:24 AM
let's move him to LT...

im not kidding although I kind of am...

i heard somewhere this guy could have been a HOFer at LT if he made the position change much like jason peters is doing in buffalo... maybe it's not too late?

SteelerFanInATL
04-17-2008, 05:55 AM
At 36 would he be worth signing? He is probably only good for another year or two.:confused::confused:

HometownGal
04-17-2008, 07:53 AM
At 36 would he be worth signing? He is probably only good for another year or two.:confused::confused:

My thoughts exactly. If the Steelers are going to sign a veteran TE (though admittedly Brady is a good blocking TE), let's go for someone who has a little more longevity.

Jeremy
04-17-2008, 08:37 AM
You know, I think Brady stinks and he's a former Pat.

But I've also learned that the Steelers are right more often then they're wrong when it comes to signing free agents.

So I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Mistah_Q
04-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Not necessarily Kyle Brady, but in any case, I don't hate bringing in a veteran. Yes, we're set with Miller and Spaeth -- but ideally you want to have three TEs, and though Miller and Spaeth are good, we don't have a third worth mentioning. A veteran can bring in a leadership quality, whereas a young guy or rookie isn't going to be doing much learning at third on the depth chart, and won't be ready if he's called upon.

Mistah_Q
04-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Ah, I didn't see that one, and I hadn't heard what the terms were. Thanks. :thumbsup:
I googled: Jerame Tuman contract

It was the first result. :flap:

Hapa
04-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Eww I don't want an ex patriot :O

Welcome To Smashmouth
04-18-2008, 03:48 PM
That's exactly the kind of offseason progress we need, with two Mackey Award-Winners on the team and no cap space

:point:

Elvis
04-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Did anyone pay attention to the Steelers offensive setups at all last year? The Steelers used 3 TE sets a whole lot and the Steelers dont have 3 good TE's to put on the field. Dekker?... what has he proven so far? Nothing.. I think that the signing of Brady would make lots of sense in the fact that he is a great blocker and has all the experience that is needed right now for a rather young TE group in Pittsburgh right now.
:tt02:

lilyoder6
04-20-2008, 06:29 PM
put the back up tackle in 4 the number 3 te spot to block

bizob2828
04-24-2008, 09:19 AM
I would've loved to see Brady on our team maybe 7 years ago, as a PSU alum I loved this guy, but come on with Spaeth and Miller is it really worth carrying this guy?

lilyoder6
04-24-2008, 09:42 AM
i was watching nfl network last nite but at the bottom when they talk about teams needs unless i was out of my mind they said that one of the needs on draft day was a te???

TackleMeBen
04-24-2008, 10:00 AM
i was watching nfl network last nite but at the bottom when they talk about teams needs unless i was out of my mind they said that one of the needs on draft day was a te???
i dont pay attn to that.. i mean really how would they know what we need. they arent at very practice and know what we actually have... and if we need a blocker.. i am all for putting Sep. in there. with cannons like his the other guy would turn and run the other way..lol :flap:

bizob2828
04-24-2008, 10:01 AM
How oculd we possibly need another TE? Did Spaeth leave the NFL to pursue a career as a 3rd generation Andre the Giant

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Isn't Brady the guy that chased down Champ Bailey in that Playoff Game when Brady threw the pick in the endzone...think that was 3 seasons ago, the year we beat Denver in the AFC Title game, Denver Beat NE (which, they ALWAYS Do!) and in that game was the highlight of big NE Tight end, chasing down Champ on an angle for like 80 yards.

BlastFurnace
04-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Isn't Brady the guy that chased down Champ Bailey in that Playoff Game when Brady threw the pick in the endzone...think that was 3 seasons ago, the year we beat Denver in the AFC Title game, Denver Beat NE (which, they ALWAYS Do!) and in that game was the highlight of big NE Tight end, chasing down Champ on an angle for like 80 yards.

I know it wasn't Brady. I'm not sure that Brady could run me down. The dude is slow. I think that was Ben Watson who did that.

dunkuntou
04-24-2008, 10:42 AM

Last year was the only year he played for the Patriots so no it wasn't him.

Brady has always been known for his blocking which we would need in a third string tight end.