PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs to trade Jared Allen

tony hipchest
04-17-2008, 03:16 PM
herm has said he has 10 picks in the draft and wouldnt mind 15. he makes no bones about it that they are rebuilding and he wants youth.

jared is off to minnesota, and then he will visit the bucs.

-as per jay glazer

BettisFan
04-17-2008, 03:20 PM
omg why they are soo AHH thats just dum

fansince'76
04-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Because he is an unsigned franchise player, Allen has the freedom to meet and talk to teams, but the current price tag for a team wanting to sign him is two No. 1 picks, which is a price most teams aren't willing to consider.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351406

Yep, good luck on that one.

tony hipchest
04-17-2008, 05:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351406

Yep, good luck on that one.actually, kirwan did a good job explaining why this may be a fair deal for the vikings (who have already shown interrest in jason taylor).

vikings will not be able to get a player of his calibur with their 17th pick. for them to move up to the #3 pick to get someone like chris long it would still take 2 1st's and chris most likely wont have the same impact allen will.

allen is a proven commodity and any de or dt chosen in the top 15 this year could turn out to be just an average player, or even worse, a bust.

looking at some of the vikings 1st round busts, i may be worth the gamble to get the proven commodity. (not to say i would do it or want the steelers to do it, though)

CantStop85
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
omg why they are soo AHH thats just dum

Very smart actually, especially if they get two first rounders out of it. This would be his last year in Kansas City anyway, better to get some value out of him than to just let him walk.

MasterOfPuppets
04-17-2008, 05:49 PM
the bungholes should try to trade johnson for him......:hunch:

lilyoder6
04-17-2008, 10:04 PM
no one in there right mind would give up 2 1st rd players... that could be a good deal 4 both teams.. the cheifs get a #1 wr. and the bengals actually get a player that can play d

BettisFan
04-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Very smart actually, especially if they get two first rounders out of it. This would be his last year in Kansas City anyway, better to get some value out of him than to just let him walk.

lol but they wont, its not going to happen

Rhee Rhee
04-17-2008, 10:21 PM
if anything he's going to the bucs who can pay him a boatload of money with the 30+ million they have in cap space..

Galax Steeler
04-18-2008, 05:06 AM
The bucs just might be the team to land him.

Willem Gerber
04-18-2008, 10:06 AM
I pray the bucs get him..When they won the superbowl a few years back they had a champoinship D and a champoinship D-Line. Then the season after all their key players walked. Getting Allen will get them one step closer to a competitive d

BettisFan
04-18-2008, 10:14 AM
I pray the bucs get him..When they won the superbowl a few years back they had a champoinship D and a champoinship D-Line. Then the season after all their key players walked. Getting Allen will get them one step closer to a competitive d
and you want them closer to winning the SB why?? :noidea:

Steelman16
04-18-2008, 09:34 PM
and you want them closer to winning the SB why?? :noidea:

Don't you too? :chuckle:

If I was Minnesota, I'd trade for him. He's still young and is proven to be skilled and dependable. Then again, the Vikes really need a quarterback...

lilyoder6
04-18-2008, 10:07 PM
well the talk is that the trade like completely done.. it's minn 1st rd pick this yr and either a 2nd rd next yr or a 3rd rd this yr.. and if it's a 3rd rd this yr which pick 10 or 19... and when the cheifs make there decision the trade will be complete